Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe Season 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 5 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe Season 5 - 25/10/2012 12:11:14 PM   
Lang

shit!!!, i thought it started next week!

Luckily it's repeated tonight on Sky2 at 11.10pm

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 511
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/10/2012 6:02:32 PM   
buffster28

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I assume there's going to be a flashback episode of some sort later on, explaining how exactly the Observers took over, but as for last nights show? It was grand, and I applaud Fringe for mixing it up yet again (even though this series was probably never really meant to be) but it just didn't feel like the Fringe I've been watching for years.

i really hope they do do a flashback ep it would be a good idea, its a bit strange that they've jumped ahead to this for their final season .

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 512
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 2/11/2012 12:15:59 PM   
jcthefirst

Desmond's decapitated but still alive head really freaked me out.

Solid epsiode though. Even if I'm still not fully on board with the whole future setting.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 513
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 2/11/2012 12:26:27 PM   
musht

Where'sthe next tape? Walter never said on the first tape did he?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 514
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/11/2012 1:53:45 AM   
indysgill

That episode upset me.
Damn you Baldy!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 515
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/11/2012 3:50:32 PM   
jcthefirst

The reunion with Broyles got me more than Etta's death. Mostly because I think they'll resurrect her somehow before the finale.

And mostly because I love Broyles.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 516
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 19/11/2012 3:18:57 PM   
superdan

I didn't really care about Etta's death, because it's hard to give too much of a shit about a character who's only been in half a dozen episodes or whatever.

That's one of the big problems for me with the last couple of seasons of Fringe - it's become far too po-faced. I liked the first couple of seasons because it was a but silly, a bit scary and a bit of fun. Increasingly it's come to feel like Lost and Heroes ('find the tapes - save the world' seems like a bawbag hair away from 'save the cheerleader - save the world' to me), in that it's a different programme to the one it was at first. I don't really care about uber-bad-guy baldie, I preferred it when the baldie was a guy who observed for reasons unknown and asked for sandwiches with loads of jalapenos. I preferred it when Walter was a vulnerable guy getting off his chops and talking to a cow rather than some kind of resistance fighter.

I'll stick with it because we know the end is coming, and in spite of my criticisms it's still decent enough telly, but I doubt I'll ever end up buying it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 517
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 19/11/2012 3:34:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I didn't really care about Etta's death, because it's hard to give too much of a shit about a character who's only been in half a dozen episodes or whatever.

That's one of the big problems for me with the last couple of seasons of Fringe - it's become far too po-faced. I liked the first couple of seasons because it was a but silly, a bit scary and a bit of fun. Increasingly it's come to feel like Lost and Heroes ('find the tapes - save the world' seems like a bawbag hair away from 'save the cheerleader - save the world' to me), in that it's a different programme to the one it was at first. I don't really care about uber-bad-guy baldie, I preferred it when the baldie was a guy who observed for reasons unknown and asked for sandwiches with loads of jalapenos. I preferred it when Walter was a vulnerable guy getting off his chops and talking to a cow rather than some kind of resistance fighter.

I'll stick with it because we know the end is coming, and in spite of my criticisms it's still decent enough telly, but I doubt I'll ever end up buying it.

I felt pretty much the same right up to this episode you're currently discussing (I'm on US speed so a couple of eps ahead). I still miss them investigating Fringe cases and all the alternate Universe shenanigans but I really like where they seem to be going with this season now. I reckon at it's conclusion I will have enjoyed it more than I did season 4 which had the most pointless partial retcon in the history of TV.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 518
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 21/11/2012 4:01:58 PM   
buffster28

really enjoyed the last ep - really surprised they killed Etta so early on esp as mom & dad have only just found her again.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 519
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 30/11/2012 3:24:15 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

Loved the last episode where Walter has created a 'pocket universe'.
Also loved the way Peter is developing after inserting one of the others computer chips into the back of his neck. It's obvious where this plot thread is going but it'll be a thrill ride to witness.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 520
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 30/11/2012 9:08:00 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Walter's vlogs were brilliant.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 521
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 1/12/2012 12:51:07 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuckyMuckMan

Also loved the way Peter is developing after inserting one of the others computer chips into the back of his neck. It's obvious where this plot thread is going but it'll be a thrill ride to witness.

It's very Neo vs Agent Smith isn't it?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 522
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 4/12/2012 2:12:19 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuckyMuckMan

It's very Neo vs Agent Smith isn't it?

Totally, and you could see it coming a mile off. But for all it's unoriginality in this last series - I still love it.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 523
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 21/12/2012 1:21:54 PM   
jcthefirst

Loved Walter's trip through Monty Python land.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 524
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/1/2013 1:55:16 PM   
jcthefirst

Anyone here? Anyone? Hello?

Anyway, apparently Sky1 are doing a simulcast for the finale. So it'll be 01.10 on Saturday morning.

Just a heads up.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 525
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/1/2013 2:21:14 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Anyone here? Anyone? Hello?

Anyway, apparently Sky1 are doing a simulcast for the finale. So it'll be 01.10 on Saturday morning.

Just a heads up.

I don't think I like the show that much. It's recording so I can probably wait till the next day.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 526
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/1/2013 3:34:02 PM   
jcthefirst

Oh no, I'll not be watching then either. Will Sky+ it and watch it on Saturday morning, but at a more respectable time.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 527
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 19/1/2013 8:55:15 PM   
benmharper

Just finished the final 2 episodes. I thought it was quite low key, but still enjoyable. The final season as a whole was a step down from the others for me, especially the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Also, John Noble is awesome. I had a little moment when he told Peter he was his most favourite thing.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 528
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/1/2013 9:40:14 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

Just finished Season 5 myself, I really liked the low key ending as that's probably how it would happen in any case in terms of their ignorance (trying not to spoiler here). I think they could have stretched it out to another couple of episodes but I'm also so glad they finished the series properly and tied up all the loose ends unlike many other series where they just pull the plug without any conclusion so hats off to the tv studios and everyone involved in the making of Fringe for having the kahunas to follow it through. In months to come I think it will feel as if I have lost a family member now though. I'll miss Walter, Olivia, Peter & Astrid immensely.

Although I will always be able to visit them via the bluray train.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 529
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/1/2013 1:16:06 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Just finished the final 2 episodes. I thought it was quite low key, but still enjoyable. The final season as a whole was a step down from the others for me, especially the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Also, John Noble is awesome. I had a little moment when he told Peter he was his most favourite thing.

John Noble is all kinds of awesome - Walter was easily my favoutite character and performance over the last few years. His moments with Peter in the finale just showed what a fantastic actor he is - it's just criminal that he didn't receive much recognition for the role.

There was a lot to take in in those last couple of eps, what with all the paradoxes, time-travel and alternative time-lines and I'll admit it did make me scratch my head a few times and think it through while trying to follow everything else (I'll put that down to age ), but I'm just glad they had time to finish things as they wanted to. Personally, I would've been happy for them to leave it after the last series - as the focus ended with Liv's powers, cortexaphan (sp?), the Walter/Bell relationship, fringe science and the other universe - which were the key threads of the series. To then make it all about the Observer's (although entertaining), only served to demystified them. But no matter, I still got to watch Walter, Liv, Peter and co. for 13 more eps - and that's the plus for me. And to be honest I would have been happy watching a series focusing on Gene the cow if it meant that I'd get to see the gang again.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 530
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/1/2013 7:26:11 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Me too.

I was also trying to work out where each of the Fringe events used in the tower attack came from, didn't get them all.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 531
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/1/2013 11:27:41 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

I had this done just before Christmas. As you can see I'll miss Fringe very much . Not the best image using a camera phone but you get the idea.

< Message edited by MuckyMuckMan -- 23/1/2013 11:33:54 PM >

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 532
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 25/1/2013 3:48:14 PM   
Titanm21

I thought Season 5 was very unnecessary (worried we'd get like a Babylon season 5 issue) . But fair play to them they did a grand job. Loved it and really enjoyed the 2 last episodes.

SPOLIERS
Very sad to see September buy it, but loved how they told us what happened to the original 12 Observers

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

Post #: 533
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 31/1/2013 7:44:51 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

Just started re-watching Fringe from the very beginning of Season 1 this week. Loving it just as much as the first time we watched it.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 534
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 6/2/2013 3:00:56 AM   
Shifty Bench

Watched the finale and I really enjoyed it. I don't mind admitting I teared up a couple of times.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 535
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 5 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI