Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe Season 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 11/5/2012 8:07:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28

great latest ep loved the return of William Bell - wasn't expecting that at all.

Neither was I, it was great not being spoiled beforehand. I had no clue Nimoy was coming back.

And, yes, I don't think Astrid is dead for the reason JC stated in the spoiler text

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 481
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/5/2012 11:02:06 AM   
benmharper

Enjoyed the last episode, maybe it was a bit too low key. I got the impression most things were wrapped up nicely in case there was no season 5 , but a couple of things were open (well, the thing September said at the end).

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 482
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/5/2012 12:04:14 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

I doubt she's (Astrid) dead/will die.

Remember Walter with the lemon cake? They wouldn't have shown us that, if it wasn't going to become relevant later.

Ok, I was right about the lemon cake thing, just with the wrong person.

Liked the finale, but bits of it were really cheesy. That whole speech Nina made to Olivia in the helicopter was really bad  - "It was in you all this time. You just have to believe." Or something along those lines.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 483
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 18/5/2012 2:01:22 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Liked the finale, but bits of it were really cheesy. That whole speech Nina made to Olivia in the helicopter was really bad  - "It was in you all this time. You just have to believe." Or something along those lines.

I agree - way too much sentimental pap in this one.  Plus, Peter must be one tough son of a bitch - falls about 30ft straight onto his strapped-up arm, hits hard enough to bounce off a metal container, yet still manages to shake himself down and get on with the job in hand!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the finale, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the last couple of episodes were, and I can't help but see everything in the context of the flash forward episode.  If Season 5 is a shorter 13-episodes, that's a hell of a lot to cram in!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 484
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/5/2012 5:06:55 PM   
MuckyMuckMan

Was anyone as happy as me when the voiceover woman on the end credits said that they'll be back for another season? Oh god, I almost cried with joy, I love Fringe so much I would have been devastated if they had ended it there and then without any proper resolution.

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 485
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/5/2012 6:52:43 PM   
buffster28

good ep, liked how septembers prophesy about olivia came true - not too sure about the idea that the cortxiphan meant she was able to heal from the gunshot to the head though. a bit too far fetched.

looks like next season may be about the observers?? are they who september was on about when he said they're coming ??

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 486
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 14/6/2012 8:32:11 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Finally managed to watch the rest of Season 4 after initially only watching the first eight episodes I watched the rest over two days and thought the second half of the season really picked up. Fantastic stuff. Loved the finale as well and really looking forward to Season 5 being all about the war with the observers.

Walter Bishop is one of TV's greatest characters.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 487
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 14/6/2012 12:31:05 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Walter Bishop is one of TV's greatest characters.

Absolutely. His performance is what holds the show together, and keeps you watching even when the quality dips. Has he ever been nominated/awarded for his role in this? It's criminal if he hasn't.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 488
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 14/6/2012 12:39:49 PM   
jcthefirst

He hasn't.

Cause it's sci-fi, innit.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 489
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/6/2012 3:09:30 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I've been on a Fringe marathon the last couple of months, as a show I think it's marvellous but below are my thoughts on season 4 from another thread (Lists and Top 10s). I didn't really want to come into this thread till I was done for fear of getting spoiled.

quote:

Finshed season 3 of Fringe last week. I thought it was a great season for the most part (Bellivia grated massively by the end) with an intriguing finale but I'm not really enjoying Season 4 much. It just feels like the writers gave up and decided to wipe the slate clean just so they could give us the same revelations again, only slightly different. Effectively they seem to have written themselves into a situation where either the first 5 or 6 episodes of Season 4 are pointless, being as they are in a different timestream or the last 3 series are pointless, being as they were in a now dead timestream. Either way I get the feeling my time is being wasted. Also, the Peter/Walter dynamic was the best thing about the show and it's struggling to keep my attention without it.

quote:

I've got 3 episodes left of Fringe season 4 now. It's been a mixed bag for me, mainly because the retcon has really annoyed me. Being fed the same information I was fed 3 seasons ago, albeit slightly different, comes across as extremely lazy IMO and the love conquers all motif is far too hackneyed for me to take seriously. That being said though I have enjoyed a number of episodes and I did crack a smile when Olivia and Peter finally sorted their shit out and Walter started warming to Peter again. I know it's been picked up again for a mini 5th season but I'm hoping for a few answers in the remaining episodes of season 4

quote:

Finished Fringe season 4 last night. The finale wasn't too bad, you could tell they were unsure of a 5th season when writing it because it wraps things up fairly well. I'm still annoyed at the retcon though, they basically made 3 seasons worth of Fringe redundant, going as far as having slightly alternate versions of episodes from season 1. Still, my mantra with Fringe from about 4 episodes in has been to just roll with it. I did and in the end it was a fairly satisfying conclusion. 3.5

I await season 5 with trepidation as I have a feeling the majority of it will be set in the future.

Series ratings

Season 3 - 4.5/5
Season 2 - 4/5
Season 1 - 3.5/5
Season 4 - 3.5/5

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 490
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/6/2012 4:31:50 PM   
sharkboy

A pretty fair assessment if you ask me.  Here's what I said about S4 earlier in this thread:

quote:

It's still got enough to hold my interest, but this season has been a major drop compared to previous years.  They've taken all the major plot points of the previous 3 years and just ignored them.  No Fauxlivia (pregnant with Peter Jr no less!), no Walternate, no universes torn apart; instead we get a duller than usual Walter and little conflict with alternate universes.  Even Massive Dynamic has hardly featured at all!  This feels like what it is - a show that was writing for a 3-season arc when it was thrown a 4th season lifeline at the last minute and is now working on the fly to bring the threads together.

That was written about half way through S4, and although the quality of the shows did increase slightly, I think it still stands.  Indeed, the latter half of the show was clearly writing to a conclusion when it too got the last-minute renewal lifeline.  Apparently S5 is to be a shorter 13-episode run.  Here's hoping there's more to it than flash forwards and observers going all nasty and aggressive on us, and that they give us some closure after our 5-year investment. 

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 491
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/6/2012 4:43:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

A pretty fair assessment if you ask me.  Here's what I said about S4 earlier in this thread:

quote:

It's still got enough to hold my interest, but this season has been a major drop compared to previous years.  They've taken all the major plot points of the previous 3 years and just ignored them.  No Fauxlivia (pregnant with Peter Jr no less!), no Walternate, no universes torn apart; instead we get a duller than usual Walter and little conflict with alternate universes.  Even Massive Dynamic has hardly featured at all!  This feels like what it is - a show that was writing for a 3-season arc when it was thrown a 4th season lifeline at the last minute and is now working on the fly to bring the threads together.

That was written about half way through S4, and although the quality of the shows did increase slightly, I think it still stands.  Indeed, the latter half of the show was clearly writing to a conclusion when it too got the last-minute renewal lifeline.  Apparently S5 is to be a shorter 13-episode run.  Here's hoping there's more to it than flash forwards and observers going all nasty and aggressive on us, and that they give us some closure after our 5-year investment

My prediction is that series 5 will pretty much carry on from the end of "Letters of Transit" showing us the war and whatever it was that Bell did to Olivia in the form of flashbacks. I dunno why but I'd be surprised if it plays out otherwise. Probably because of the way season 4 was wrapped up so neatly.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 492
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 28/6/2012 10:58:27 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Can anyone recommend something in the same vein as Fringe (i.e. sci fi with a bit of humour and a lot of heart in it) to fill the massive Fringe sized hole in my TV viewing (it's pretty much all I've watched in the last 7 weeks)? I tend to be out of the loop somewhat when it comes to US TV shows due to the fact I won't bother starting to watch something untill it's made it at least to the end of Season 2. I've had enough of shows I like the look of, or actually enjoy, being cancelled so I do tend to wait till shows are established before giving them a spin.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 493
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/6/2012 11:40:25 AM   
sharkboy

You could try Eureka which, while not to the same standard as Fringe, deals with pretty similar subject matter and has plenty of humour too.  Eureka is a town in Oregon that just happens to house most of the employees of Global Dynamics, a massive () cutting-edge company responsible for most of the scientific breakthroughs of the last half century (Fringe-like enough for ya? )  Enter Marshall Jack Carter, who stumbles across the very secretive town when delivering his rebellious and fugitive daugher back to LA.  After an accident befalls the town's sheriff, he is persuaded to take over the job with all its associated risks that come with living in a town full of mad scientists.

I'm sure a resourceful person like yourself would have no problems getting their hands on the show.  It was, for some reason, called A Town Called Eureka when it broadcast here, and ran for 5 seasons before cancellation.

WWLD?

Post #: 494
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/6/2012 12:50:48 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Cheers, I shall check it out .

Anyone here watch Supernatural? What's it like? I don't really want to check the Supernatural thread incase I run into a spoiler.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 495
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/6/2012 2:14:39 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Anyone here watch Supernatural? What's it like? I don't really want to check the Supernatural thread incase I run into a spoiler.

Couldn't recommend it enough if you like that kind of show, it's probably the best out there of that genre IMO. Great performances and mixes humour, action and horror really well, and even takes the piss out of itself now and again. One of the most watchable shows of the last 10 years I think.

Post #: 496
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/6/2012 2:47:10 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

It's a great show well worth your time.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 497
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 29/6/2012 5:19:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

It's great for the first 5 seasons (which was when it was supposed to end) and while it still has great episodes and moments it went downhill a bit from season 6. I still enjoy it, though but not as much.

I may just start a rewatch actually.

Post #: 498
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/7/2012 1:45:49 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

One of the last pieces of news to come out of Comic-Con over the week saw the first proper hints being given that we might get a Fringe movie at some point in the future. They were vague hints, certainly, but we figured you'd want to hear them.

The fifth and final season of Fringe is set to premiere on 28th September, and at the Comic-Con panel for the show, actor John Noble said that "the film is very possible down the line". Furthermore, Joshua Jackson also added that "the show will live on in some form or another".

This may all be wishful thinking, of course, and the TV show has a proper ending apparently, so it doesn't sound like corners are being cut. Given that Fringe is the show that wouldn't die though, even when rumours of its demise were rife, we wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come, once that final episode of season five has been screened.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 499
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/7/2012 2:02:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'll wait to see how season 5 ends before getting excited about any potential follow up movies or spin offs.

I'm still annoyed at the massive retcon they pulled for series 4 so I've lost a lot of goodwill for the show. I fear the majority of season 5 will take place in the future, if it is then I reckon I'll have had my fill by the time the finale comes around.

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 500
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/7/2012 2:53:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Furthermore, Joshua Jackson also added that "the show will live on in some form or another".

Comics, written by Joshua Jackson-

I'm sure he'd do more, if asked.

Post #: 501
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 24/9/2012 11:12:20 PM   
film man aidy

Anybody know if we have a start date for Season 5 yet?

Post #: 502
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 26/9/2012 4:24:32 PM   
jcthefirst

It starts in the States on Friday. Last year Sky were pretty close behind. Hopefully in the next fortnight.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 503
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 26/9/2012 5:16:20 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's back on Sky 1 on 24th October- http://sky1.sky.com/fringe/fringe-season-5-return-date-confirmed

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 504
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 26/9/2012 5:24:12 PM   
buffster28

so its a wednesday again so it clashes with supernatural again

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

Post #: 505
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 26/9/2012 5:42:54 PM   
Shifty Bench

Isn't Supernatural being shown in double-bills? By the time Fringe is back, Supernatural will be ending soon after so it shouldn't be too much of a pain. And I know it means staying up an hour later but there's always Living +1

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 506
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 25/10/2012 12:01:59 PM   
musht

So who caught this last night? Don't read on if you haven't

Did I miss an episode or am I correct in thinking that we never actually saw Olivia and Peter married with young Henrietta? They played the whole thing as if this was something we should remember and it annoyed me the whole time. I probably should have rewatched the end of the last season just to remind myself but was the end of last season not foiling of Bell's plot to create a new universe?

< Message edited by musht -- 25/10/2012 12:09:38 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 507
Fringe Season 5 - 25/10/2012 12:07:22 PM   
Lang

This hasn't been on yet??

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 508
RE: Fringe Season 5 - 25/10/2012 12:08:52 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

This hasn't been on yet??

It started last night on Sky 1, I'll edit my original post but I don't think there was anything spoilery in there

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 509
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 25/10/2012 12:11:05 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

So who caught this last night.

Did I miss an episode or am I correct in thinking that we never actually saw Olivia and Peter married with young Henrietta? They played the whole thing as if this was something we should remember and it annoyed me the whole time. I probably should have rewatched the end of the last season just to remind myself but was the end of last season not foiling of Bell's plot to create a new universe?

No, we never saw it. The last we heard was that Olivia was pregnant (and then there was the coda with Walter and September). I assume there's going to be a flashback episode of some sort later on, explaining how exactly the Observers took over, but as for last nights show? It was grand, and I applaud Fringe for mixing it up yet again (even though this series was probably never really meant to be) but it just didn't feel like the Fringe I've been watching for years.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 [17] 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI