Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe Season 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 2/4/2012 12:10:47 PM   
buffster28

well last wekks ep - the case of the week was a weird one, but the peter stuff was great - so glad hes finally got the truth about olivia.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 451
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 5/4/2012 3:07:14 PM   
Lang

Did September say he was in the right place???

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 452
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 7/4/2012 12:58:12 PM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Did September say he was in the right place???

Yeah, he said he'd been in the right place all along. (if I've remembered it right)

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 453
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 12/4/2012 11:59:19 AM   
sharkboy

Well, I quite enjoyed this week's episode after the relative dullness of the last couple.  Giant flying man-porcupines - what's not to love?  I'm intrigued now as to what else is on that boat that featured at the end though - could that be Fr Dougal's infamous spider-baby?

But with only 6 episodes left to go, it just can't shake the feeling that the whole show wasn't expected to get past Season 3 and didn't really know what to do when it got the 4th season lifeline.  Still, it manages to provide a relatively entertaining hour each week and John Noble continues to amuse so on that basis alone I'll see it through to the end.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 454
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 12/4/2012 8:27:03 PM   
jcthefirst

CAn anyone tell me what happened in the last five minutes of the most recent episode; the one revolving around our Lincoln going to the Other Side?

Last I saw was BOlivia clearing out Alt'Lincoln's locker

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 455
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 12/4/2012 8:33:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

Our Lincoln re-appeared and told her he wants to stay and help her. She accepts.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/4/2012 8:34:10 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 456
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 12/4/2012 10:04:30 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Our Lincoln re-appeared and told her he wants to stay and help her. She accepts.

Wow, didn't see that happening at all. It's not like the whole episode was leading towards that rather obvious conclusion.

Cheers.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 457
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/4/2012 12:12:25 PM   
buffster28

it was a really good ep though focusing on Lee, though it was pretty obvious he would choose to stay over there.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 458
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/4/2012 12:58:30 PM   
fuzzy

If I remember it right, Broyles was a bad guy on the other side, in cahoots (love that word) with Nina. And that was before Peter's disappearance, so I take it nowt's changed and he's still bad. Alive and well, but bad nonetherless.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 459
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/4/2012 1:35:20 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

If I remember it right, Broyles was a bad guy on the other side, in cahoots (love that word) with Nina. And that was before Peter's disappearance, so I take it nowt's changed and he's still bad. Alive and well, but bad nonetherless.

I don't think he was bad in the other universe before (season 3), I think it's just in this most recent Peter-less (until recently) universe that he's in cahoots with Over There's Nina.

Alt-Astrid's gonna figure it out soon I reckon.

EDIT: actually, he totally wasn't bad before. He died to get Olivia back to this side.

< Message edited by jcthefirst -- 16/4/2012 1:36:30 PM >

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 460
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/4/2012 3:46:12 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28

it was a really good ep though focusing on Lee, though it was pretty obvious he would choose to stay over there.

That was my problem with the episode. Whilst it was good to see a Lee centric one, they could've tried a little harder to not make the outcome so signposted all the way through the episode. They could've built his "don't feel like I have a home" bit into an earlier episode for example, ready to lead on to this one.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 461
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/4/2012 3:50:41 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I don't think he was bad in the other universe before (season 3), I think it's just in this most recent Peter-less (until recently) universe that he's in cahoots with Over There's Nina.

EDIT: actually, he totally wasn't bad before. He died to get Olivia back to this side.

Really? Well what with the mid season break and my aging brain, must've got my wires crossed. It wouldn't be the first time!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 462
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/4/2012 1:16:46 PM   
jcthefirst

Great episode this week. Both for Alt-Broyles and Alt-Olivia.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 463
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/4/2012 1:36:39 PM   
sharkboy

While I really liked the Fauxlivia/Walter interaction this week, and in any case you can never get enough Walter ("Are you on drugs?" "Yes. Oh, but only recreational!") I've come to the conclusion that the writers aren't even going to bother setting the worlds to right anymore.  It seems that the last few weeks have been geared towards making the post-machine version of our world into the only one for the main characters, with Peter abandoning his quest to get home and Olivia basically becoming the same one from the first 3 seasons.  Given that we're down to a handful of episodes remaining, this can only conclude with Jones being stopped as he attempts to bring down the universes again.

Apparently next weeks episode promises lots of twists and turns, and introduces a couple of new characters in the shape of 2 FBI agents.  It has been hinted by one of the actors that their story arc is written in such a way to allow a spin-off show...hmm...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 464
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/4/2012 1:42:00 PM   
jcthefirst

Yeah, the whole 'he is home' and 'Olivia's back to normal again 'cause of the drugs or whatever' was such a copout.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 465
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/4/2012 2:09:44 PM   
sharkboy

Hmm...could we see a Season 5 after all?  - clicky!

I've also read elsewhere that a 13-episode final season has been discussed by the powers-that-be in Fox.  Perhaps we'll get that closure we were hoping for after all!

WWLD?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 466
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 26/4/2012 6:51:02 PM   
jcthefirst

DESMOND!!!

Anyway, another great rug pull from the Fringe writers.

Sidenote: I spotted the Observer this week. Did you guys see him?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 467
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/4/2012 7:11:59 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Been renewed for Season 5 Fiinal season! Result!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 468
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/4/2012 12:03:32 PM   
jcthefirst

Great news.

Also, meant to add earlier, Walter's Obi-Wan moment absolutely cracked me up.

And when he added the 'Carry on' I had to pause it for a while.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 469
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 30/4/2012 12:27:41 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

Great news.

It's 'move along' methinks (sorry couldn't resist), but yeah, great scene. I figured out she was their daughter from the first few scenes, think it was the blonde hair and the fact she possessed some sort of power to block their mind-reading. The whole William Bell doing something to Olivia in the future will no doubt be revisited. I just hope they don't make the future universe a regular thing though, I enjoyed it, but I struggle to keep up with the 2 realities!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 470
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 30/4/2012 1:02:14 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

Great news.

It's 'move along' methinks (sorry couldn't resist), but yeah, great scene.

Bugger. Of course it is. Stupid mistake.

quote:

I figured out she was their daughter from the first few scenes, think it was the blonde hair and the fact she possessed some sort of power to block their mind-reading. The whole William Bell doing something to Olivia in the future will no doubt be revisited. I just hope they don't make the future universe a regular thing though, I enjoyed it, but I struggle to keep up with the 2 realities!

I enjoy trying to keep up with Fringe U-turns.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 471
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 1/5/2012 3:07:13 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really? Well what with the mid season break and my aging brain, must've got my wires crossed. It wouldn't be the first time!

Didn't Broyles from the other universe die trying to rescue Olivia or something? And no-Peter, hit the reset button on all that.

Also wasn't there a hint at a romance between Broyles and Nina WAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the first season?

This show really is leave your brain in the kitchen, but I really like it. It's really hit form in the last third of the season (one could say it's the Wigan of TV shows). Great to see Desmond make an appearance, I reckon the fifth season may focus on that future world, in which case I hope they manage to unamber Desmond. But how did Belly get ambered, isn't he dead? that really confused me

EDIT: Only seeing your edit now JC

< Message edited by musht -- 1/5/2012 3:09:05 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 472
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 1/5/2012 3:50:56 PM   
sharkboy

I'm assuming that Bell's appearance in amber is somehow another element of the multiverse reset post-Peter & The Machine.  It's all getting a bit muddled now! And yeah, Broyles did seek redemption with the result that not all of him made the trip between universes to right his wrongs.

As for Season 5, I really hope we're not going to spend it all in 2026.  There is way too much left unresolved from the current plotlines, especially considering we're down to the last few episodes of S4.  By all means, pop forward a couple of times and let us see how the war with the observers is shaping up but please, let's sort out the present too!

WWLD?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 473
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 1/5/2012 6:55:51 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Also wasn't there a hint at a romance between Broyles and Nina WAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the first season?

There was a scene where they kissed. Nothing has ever come of it since. It was early season 2 if I remember correctly.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 474
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 6/5/2012 11:48:54 AM   
jcthefirst

Alt-Astrid's little wave just about destroyed me.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 475
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 6/5/2012 11:52:09 AM   
jcthefirst

Oh, and instead of Peter disappearing when the machine was turned off, was nayone else expecting old Peter to turn up, finishing his sentence from the season 3 finale?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 476
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 6/5/2012 7:56:40 PM   
benmharper

quote:

Walter gets me just about every week, he did it again this week, if I remember right it was when he was talking to Walter-nate.

First part of a 2-part season finale this week.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 477
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 6/5/2012 11:31:32 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

quote:

Walter gets me just about every week, he did it again this week, if I remember right it was when he was talking to Walter-nate.

First part of a 2-part season finale this week.

Happily not the series finale though.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 478
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 10/5/2012 8:11:54 PM   
buffster28

great latest ep loved the return of William Bell - wasn't expecting that at all. Hope they've not killed Astrid off - what will Walter do without her ?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 479
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 11/5/2012 12:05:55 PM   
jcthefirst

I doubt she's she dead/will die.

Remember Walter with the lemon cake? They wouldn't have shown us that, if it wasn't going to become relevant later.

Plus SPOILER she was in the episode set in the future. Not saying that Fringe wouldn't rewrite history/the future, but for now, I reckon she's safe. END SPOILER

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI