Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fringe Season 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 13/2/2012 4:52:49 PM   
buffster28

still watching this but i understand why its lost so many viewers , it started out pretty simple but just keeps getting more complex and confusing.

also is peter really in another timeline?? beacuse i thought he was in the right place just everyone had had their memories of him wiped.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 421
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 13/2/2012 5:27:28 PM   
S. C. Lee

Is Peter from a third alt earth? I stopped watching for a couple of episodes but this weeks ep was good enough to draw me in again.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 422
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 13/2/2012 10:34:26 PM   
jcthefirst

Peter is in a third universe, which he helped make by going into the machine, but then disappeared after doing it, and then when he came back no one remembered him because he never existed.

Got that? Good.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 423
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 13/2/2012 11:49:46 PM   
S. C. Lee

Makes perfect sense :)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 424
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 15/2/2012 1:25:52 PM   
piccolo135

I think this weeks episode has given the biggest hint to whats going on,

(spoilers)

With the whole two circles overlapping leaving a space inbetween. I think that the '3rd universe' is that space inbetween. And obviously because its the eye of the storm (as specified clearly in the episode) thats why they are not feeling major effects. In this case its on a bigger scale because Peter has brought the two worlds together, but not entirely. Hence why they are overlapping. Hence why Olivia is starting to bleed through from alternate universes into this 3rd one.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 425
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 15/2/2012 1:53:58 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Can i ask Fringe fans a question please? I recently finished watching season 3 on blu ray and was honestly pretty disappointed with the latter half of the season. I thought 2 ended on a great cliffhanger and was really excited to see where the show went. However over the course of season 3 i felt everything come apart (or starting to). The cliffhanger at the end of 3 was really poor IMO and a total head scratching let down to the season 2 one. Now, after 2 i was really hyped for 3. however after 3 i am totally NOT hyped for 4. I don't watch shows when they air, i just get the boxset in hi def to watch, so cannot really test the water here. How is season 4 fairing? I would appreciate some really unbiased opinions if possible, as i know posting in a Fringe thread might just attract Fringe fans who cannot be impartial, but i'm sure i can get honest opinions here!

Is season 4 good so far? Does it make up for the highly underwhelming end to season 3? If you could avoid spoilers as much as possible, that would be great! Thanks!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 426
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 15/2/2012 5:45:03 PM   
jcthefirst

Hmmm, season 4 so far has been...slow.

And not that great. The most recent episode (9?) started an upward turn but the first 8 weren't particularly good.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 427
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 15/2/2012 6:56:56 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yeah, this season's a bit shite.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 428
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 16/2/2012 6:19:32 PM   
S. C. Lee

I'm getting bored again...

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 429
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/2/2012 12:49:47 AM   
Lang

Loving Jared Harris

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 430
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/2/2012 2:38:09 PM   
sharkboy

The problem with the latest season is that there is just not enough Walter (our universe's Walter that is - I miss the one that gets off his tits on hallucinogenics while listening to cool vinyl!), and way too much desperate plotting to try to hammer together a coherent storyline for what will most likely be the last season of the show.  And while Jones is an interesting enough character, it does seem like a cheap move to save them having to think of something or someone new to conclude the show.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 431
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 17/2/2012 11:28:22 PM   
jcthefirst

The most recent episode was a corker.

Better paced, some proper exciting sequences, and Walter made me cry. That's a great Fringe episode right there.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 432
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/2/2012 6:04:12 PM   
buffster28

yeah the earlier seasons were a lot better. this season just seems confusing.

so if we're in a 3rd universe now why is it so much like the original? with crazy walter etc ... they should of just stuck with having the 2 different universes.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 433
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/2/2012 8:47:44 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28

yeah the earlier seasons were a lot better. this season just seems confusing.

so if we're in a 3rd universe now why is it so much like the original? with crazy walter etc ... they should of just stuck with having the 2 different universes.

Because it is the same. Just Peter never existed.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 434
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/2/2012 9:17:23 PM   
S. C. Lee

I think I'm done with this show, it's jumped the shark...

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 435
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 20/2/2012 9:28:25 PM   
Peppermint

All you people calling it a season can fuck off, it's not a season, it's a series.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 436
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/2/2012 2:01:23 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee

I think I'm done with this show, it's jumped the shark...

How long have you been watching it? Seeing as its probably ending after this one, wouldn't you prefer to see it through. I personally don't think the standards have dropped as much as people are saying. It's more down to the whole other universe plot making everything less familiar I guess. The performances are still good and it's still keeping me interested. I'm quite happy to stick with it and see where it goes, hell I've been with it since Ep1. I felt the same with Lost, and kept watching that for longer than 4 series!

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 437
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/2/2012 2:23:12 PM   
S. C. Lee

I might keep watching but I could just go on wiki and read what happens at the end. I've watched since the beginning but I'm finding it hard to keep my interest up, there are better shows out there...

The whole thing is a convoluted mess (at the moment.)

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 22/2/2012 9:04:43 PM >

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 438
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 27/2/2012 3:05:54 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

so basically, the new series is crap I hope it ends after this current season then, so i only have to churn out for one more blu ray set, for completionist sake. I'll watch it when it's released, but going by what you all say, sounds like it has run its course.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 439
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 5/3/2012 11:17:07 AM   
benmharper

Ok, in this new timeline Peter has never existed so loads of things we've seen before (Alt-Boyles dying for example) never happened. In the latest Ep it turns out Alt-Olivia had replaced out Olivia for a while, whilst our Olivia was held on the other side.

My question is, have the writers made a cock up or have I missed something (most likely).

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 440
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 5/3/2012 12:23:42 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Ok, in this new timeline Peter has never existed so loads of things we've seen before (Alt-Boyles dying for example) never happened. In the latest Ep it turns out Alt-Olivia had replaced out Olivia for a while, whilst our Olivia was held on the other side.

My question is, have the writers made a cock up or have I missed something (most likely).

I don't think it's a cock up as such.

I think they've just taken certain liberties with their own mythology. So even though Peter never existed I imagine at some point Walter and Olivia went to the other side (for a reason we don't know, because if Peter never existed it wasn't to bring him back), and then Bolivia still replaced our Olivia.

I think the best way to think of it is Peter entering the machine altered history, but in a way that everything he did up to that point still happened but was rewritten.

Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 441
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 5/3/2012 1:01:51 PM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

I don't think it's a cock up as such.

I think they've just taken certain liberties with their own mythology. So even though Peter never existed I imagine at some point Walter and Olivia went to the other side (for a reason we don't know, because if Peter never existed it wasn't to bring him back), and then Bolivia still replaced our Olivia.

I think the best way to think of it is Peter entering the machine altered history, but in a way that everything he did up to that point still happened but was rewritten.

Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.

Hopefully it'll be explained soon. I've had no trouble following the show so far, I just couldn't understand why the Olivia's swapped worlds if Peter wasn't there to rescue.

Thanks for clearing it up

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 442
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 5/3/2012 1:17:39 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

No, Walter still stole Peter from the other side so the portal would still exist. Walternate may not have known that his son died so it still would have taken him as long to have found his way over to 'our' side to get him back.

William Bell still helped Olivia get to the other side and he still died coming back etc as those events weren't started by Peter. One of the main changes though would seem to be that Faux-livia seduced Walter in the new timeline and not Peter.

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 443
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/3/2012 9:38:06 PM   
jcthefirst

Anybody still watching?

The most recent episode was a corker, with Peter in the mind of September.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 444
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/3/2012 10:05:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

I know one of the dudes that did FX work on that scene. And by 'know' I mean I listen to his podcasts and have chatted to him online (and by e-mail). Never actually 'met' him, but what does that actually mean in this day and age? 

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 445
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/3/2012 10:59:42 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I know one of the dudes that did FX work on that scene. And by 'know' I mean I listen to his podcasts and have chatted to him online (and by e-mail). Never actually 'met' him, but what does that actually mean in this day and age? 

You're practically family.

Lovely scene though.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 446
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 22/3/2012 11:31:42 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

You're practically family.

There's definitely a bond there

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 447
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/3/2012 12:57:07 PM   
superdan

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?

Post #: 448
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/3/2012 4:18:57 PM   
jcthefirst

Last night was episode 14, so I think there's 8 left if it's the same length as a normal season.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 449
RE: Fringe Season 4 - 23/3/2012 4:41:41 PM   
Shifty Bench

And it'll probably be the last 8 episodes of Fringe ever but I doubt we'll get closure. 

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Fringe Season 4 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI