Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Jude Law IS Dr. Watson

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Jude Law IS Dr. Watson Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Jude Law IS Dr. Watson - 1/10/2008 3:16:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Elementary dear Watson - 1/10/2008 3:16:18 PM   
Moronifighter

Sounds like a cool cast, just hopes Ritchie doesn't balls it up, please don't cast Madonna!.... in anything!... ever!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2008 3:23:01 PM   
Rocket 3000

This sounds good, but I am slightly worried that this might change the dynamic of the Holmes-Watson relationship with Law towering over RDJ. here's hoping this film can finally show Ritchie off as a decent film maker.

Post #: 3
- 1/10/2008 4:51:37 PM   
Rich Deckard

"Law towering over RDJ", I hope you're talking about the 2 1/2 inch height difference rather than any acting ability. Could work, RDJ can easily play an opium addict and Law can is often overshadowed by his peers (Sleuth)

Post #: 4
RE: - 1/10/2008 4:57:16 PM   
matthewforan

This news has just killed all  my interest in this movie. Law is not a good actor, RDJr is a fantastic one there is really no competition between them.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Rich Deckard)
Post #: 5
- 1/10/2008 5:30:55 PM   
ovenmitboy

I'm so looking forward to slating this...

Post #: 6
- 1/10/2008 5:49:31 PM   
mrpage

Watson is no "bumbler" in the short stories, that comes from the films.

Post #: 7
Does he smoke his pipe, that's what I want to know - 1/10/2008 6:45:24 PM   
Taz69

Knowing Hollywoods code of no one but a bad guy smokes.
This does sound interesting and I look forward to behind-the-scenes pics and trailers.
I still think Jason Statham as Detective Constable Lestrade would be the cherry on this 'sweet' casted cake.

< Message edited by Taz69 -- 1/10/2008 6:50:05 PM >

Post #: 8
no cocaine? fuck this - 1/10/2008 7:21:18 PM   
Hughezy

if there's one thing any good film needs, it's the lead taking cocaine. that's why i liked The Queen so much. i mean, she was off her saggy tits.

Post #: 9
RE: no cocaine? fuck this - 1/10/2008 8:17:58 PM   
impqueen

The cast, the director, the screwing with the character(s), this might be childish (in fact it is) but everything about this film makes me want to jab a pen into my eye...twice.   

< Message edited by impqueen -- 2/10/2008 7:28:58 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to Hughezy)
Post #: 10
A Lemon Entry, my dear Watson - 2/10/2008 1:34:53 AM   
autobot

Sounds shit so far...

Post #: 11
Now up to Cohen and Co............ - 2/10/2008 9:15:19 AM   
Ledbowie

............to do justice to the great literary charater! Oh dear god!

Post #: 12
- 2/10/2008 9:44:27 AM   
keir

I love all the bashing going on. You were the same cretins who whined like little bitches when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker... god I wish I had a page save of that day. RDJ is in full stride at the moment, Guy Ritchie has got undoubted talent and visual flair, although needs a good project, and Jude Law, who personally I cannot stomach, is still a very good actor. So until you see a trailer that looks like shit, stop crying (you pessimists and naysayers cry over every fucking movie anyone comes up with, let me guess, you were up in arms when the announced Prince of Persia too... right? Of course I'm right). This is actually a very exciting project. Thank you.

Post #: 13
The Good, the Bad and the potentially terrible!! - 2/10/2008 9:54:50 AM   
jameslowe

First of all I think the casting is fantastic, all of the actors involved could produce a truly memorable movie. RDj is excellent, Jude Law can be quite mesemerising when not over acting as a London yuppie (anyone who saw cold mountain or AI should not be claiming his lack of ability!). I think they need to be careful having too many adversaries fro Mr Holmes, there have been too many superhero movies screwed up by clogging the script with extra foes. One really bad guy (or girl) is far better than three weaker ones. The biggest problem I have with this movie....the potentially terrible if you will,.....is the involvement of Guy Ritchie who doesn't make good movies,....he makes crap ones!! Lock Stock was ok but hardly a forerunner to bankable brilliance. Still at least it wasn't Tim Burton (who for all his brilliance totally screwed up Planet of the Apes and Charlie and the Chocolate factory).

Post #: 14
RE: - 2/10/2008 11:18:56 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: keir

I love all the bashing going on. You were the same cretins who whined like little bitches when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker... god I wish I had a page save of that day. RDJ is in full stride at the moment, Guy Ritchie has got undoubted talent and visual flair, although needs a good project, and Jude Law, who personally I cannot stomach, is still a very good actor. So until you see a trailer that looks like shit, stop crying (you pessimists and naysayers cry over every fucking movie anyone comes up with, let me guess, you were up in arms when the announced Prince of Persia too... right? Of course I'm right). This is actually a very exciting project. Thank you.

Hey I will admit that I complained when Heath Ledger was cast as Joker but it was nothing to do with his acting ability - and I am happy to admit that I was wrong. The reason I slate this is because Guy Ritchie is a moderately ok director, he has cast an American in the lead role and ive seen wood in my trousers with more charisma than Jude fuck a nanny Law. But as before I could be wrong (and i'm quite excited about Prince of Persia ... so ner!)

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to keir)
Post #: 15
- 2/10/2008 8:28:51 PM   
ElliotFalconer

Is PG-13 a 12a or a 15?!
Made up that it's filming in Liverpool, the georgian quarter is perfect for sherlock holmes!

Post #: 16
I'VE GOT IT .... - 4/10/2008 1:13:56 AM   
ascohen01

HIS REAL NAME IS ARTI MORTY.
'Without A Clue' is probably one of the funniest films of all time.
If you haven't seen it, then rush out and buy it !!!! Easily the best Holmes film ever.

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Jude Law IS Dr. Watson Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI