Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Pushing Daisies - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Pushing Daisies - US Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 1/10/2008 1:38:46 PM   
lulu karma

Today at 8PM, Pushing Daisies will premiere for Season 2. I just checked out a clip on ABC and it looks to be good. Recently I started watching these again on DVD and I think this show is clever, quirky, funny and just sweet. I'm curious to see if Olive gets her chance with the natural remedy guy. Will Chuck forgive the Pie Man for inadvertently killing her father?

Plus, where can I get a rhubarb pie? I haven't had a slice in years. Mmmm. Pie.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.
Post #: 1
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 2/10/2008 12:55:49 PM   
discodave101

So Lulu, without spoilers, is it a return to form for Pushing Daisies?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 2
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 2/10/2008 1:08:08 PM   
theram05

Good to see it back. Died off to end of last season, but I'll take a look if for no other reason than the delightful Kristin Chenowith.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 3
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 2/10/2008 1:44:01 PM   
lulu karma

I will have to report tomorrow. I TiVo'd it last night while I went to dinner and once I came home, I was about to have a fit watching America's Got Talent. I'll have to report tonight, but from the clip I watched on ABC.com yesterday, it looks like it will be up to snuff.

I just wonder what exactly they will do with the series. At a point, a major happening will need to occur to keep it from becoming dull. It's new enough now that the odd love issues for the Pie Man and Chuck keep viewers interested, but another 4 or 5 episodes and that will need to have a twist to keep the steam going in the pie oven.

Ha, I made a pie funny.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 4
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 2/10/2008 1:53:10 PM   
Joedini

Very excited about this. 9 episodes just wasn't enough last season

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 3/10/2008 5:40:23 PM   
Captain Black

That might be more than you get this year if ratings don't pick up, unfortunately.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 6
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 3/10/2008 7:49:28 PM   
lulu karma

Well, I managed to sit myself down last night and watch the TiVo'd episode. I have to say that it was odd. I mean, really odd more odd than usual. This should be spoiler free and I will be vague in my specifics relating to the story.

Chuck and the Pie Man are still in love but the episode did not pick up where it left off last season. In Season 1, Chuck had discovered that The Pie Man had inadvertently killed her father as a child. She left the apartment and that is where it was. When we pick up for Season 2, it would stand to reason that she would not be back in the apartment and some resolution to the "offing" of her Dad would need to come about, but no. In some alternate universe, I suspect related to the writer's strike that cut last season short, we know what the resolution was to this HUGE SECRET that he held back from her for so long.

That was a little annoying.

Yet, the people are charming as usual and we see the same things as before... The aunts are still agoraphobic, Olive still sighs after the Pie Man and the Private Eye loves knitting and pop up books. Nothing new comes about in terms of story. Someone dies, Pie Man touches, they speak, story unfolds. This episode struck me more as a set up piece for what is to come. Chuck and the Pie Man reach a new living arrangement, and in a very odd twist, Olive is strangely relocated.

Olive can be irritating but I can't say she is a character you can hate per se. She's not mean. In fact she is very loyal and tries to be understanding, but at the same time, she just grates a bit. Like a hamster on crack. Having said that, I was not very happy with how her character was treated in regards to her new location or her previous location. In fact, I found it tacky!

So I'm not sure what is going to happen with that. We'll see as it unfolds but last night left a little tang of bad taste in my mouth. Such a feel good, yet oddly dark show should not tinge its story by coming across as mean to one of its characters. I'll still watch though to see if the season shapes up.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 7
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 28/10/2008 2:24:00 PM   
theram05

Anyone else REALLY Disappointed with how this show has gone? Think I will be dumping it shortly.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 8
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 29/10/2008 11:09:32 AM   
clare_star_

I completely disagree. I've only seen the first three episodes of the new series but I've really enjoyed them! I think it's funnier than last series, I feel like they've really improved the murder-mystery elements - the one at the circus was hysterical - and yes it's a bit chaotic with all the secrets but I still think it is as magical as ever.

I think I'm in the minority with this one though, from the look of the ratings I don't think it will be around for much longer.  

''Twitter''

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 9
RE: Pushing Daisies - US Speed - 29/10/2008 1:56:24 PM   
theram05

I think you're in the minority too. I just think its gone too far, too sweet, too much. I cant handle it really any longer. They way they look at each other and the voice over makes me want to punch something.

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Pushing Daisies - US Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI