Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Enjoyable Movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Enjoyable Movie Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enjoyable Movie - 27/6/2012 12:03:24 PM   
Monkiimagic

I personally think Empire are way off in regards to this film by giving it only 1 star. It's well paced, full of decent choreographed action and has some reasonable acting. Yes it's over the top, yes the storyline is flawed but if you want to watch something that doesn't require a lot of thinking then this should be on your list.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 301
Utterly yuck. - 8/8/2012 11:40:12 PM   
YouWillBeUnprepared

The action was so eyesore and the pace was so butchered that it goes so damned fast till the point that you have to pause it, to process what the heck you've just watched. No character development, unrealistic storyline... What are the odds that the daughter of the ex-CIA agent just happened to be the daughter of an ex-CIa agent?? What are those odds? It's just an utter mess and a worthless 90 minutes. I seriously don't believe how
people can say that 'The Last Airbender' is worse than this...

Post #: 302
Not a 1 star film! - 3/9/2012 8:52:14 AM   
mrjingles75

Wether you like it or hate it, Taken does not deserve 1 star. This is one of the worst Empire judgements in recent years. There's undeniable entertainment on offer in this movie with some decent action and a solid performance from Neeson. It's a genre film but a cut above.

Post #: 303
Quite good - 27/9/2012 4:00:40 PM   
kmorarji

It's a straight forward action movie that pretty much gets to the point. The action scenes were done fairly well and the movie flows quite well, however, the plot line is a bit simple and the acting once or twice will make you put your head in your hands. Overall it is a fairly decent watch.

Post #: 304
Empire say 1 star but then go on to say Taken 2 not as ... - 10/10/2012 4:42:37 PM   
AntGC

Personally i think this film is highly enjoyable, if your in the mood for something commando style where one man takes on an army then this is the film to watch. The actings good, Liam Neeson is fantastic as always and the fight sequences are very well done. 5 stars from me as i can watch this over and over.

Post #: 305
Distressing - 6/11/2012 9:20:14 PM   
kisswithatear

I've been told by at least two dozen people this is an awesome film and I should definitely watch it. I did. I was distressed by a lot of the implications the film presents. Not the violence, I knew what I was getting into here, but the father/daughter oddness, the blatant racial stereotypes and yes, the bit where he shoots an innocent woman just for being married to the prick he's interviewing. I watched with mates who reasoned, he's really angry and wants his daughter back! And that makes it ok! To SHOOT a woman who has no connection to anything involved in his twisted issues belying a very odd connection to his daughter. I'm sorry but NO. Just god, no! I can let the explosions from nowhere slide, the fact Liam Neeson gets shot directly in the back and side and is completely unfazed go, but no. This a cheap shlock of action that offers nothing of interest to me. Not only is the story ludricrous to the point of distraction but just the character Liam Neeson plays is completely detestable. I'm not saying that the trafficking and sex trade is not indeed, horrid and very real, but this film presents it as nothing more than a seedy underbelly showing Americans that all of Europe is festering with this horrible idealism that would destroy any young girl DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE A MAN SHE JUST MET IN A TAXI WITH HER!... ... Phew. In short. Just horrible. Horrible. Horrible. And if anyone recommends anything like this to me again I will electrocute them with nails and a light switch.

Post #: 306
Superb movie - 9/12/2012 9:56:38 AM   
zakeer hussain

This was the one of the best liam neeson movie ....superb action,chasing sequences ,,,totally superb movie

Post #: 307
RE: Distressing - 16/12/2012 6:08:46 PM   
The Puddled Duck

quote:

ORIGINAL: kisswithatear

I've been told by at least two dozen people this is an awesome film and I should definitely watch it. I did. I was distressed by a lot of the implications the film presents. Not the violence, I knew what I was getting into here, but the father/daughter oddness, the blatant racial stereotypes and yes, the bit where he shoots an innocent woman just for being married to the prick he's interviewing. I watched with mates who reasoned, he's really angry and wants his daughter back! And that makes it ok! To SHOOT a woman who has no connection to anything involved in his twisted issues belying a very odd connection to his daughter. I'm sorry but NO. Just god, no! I can let the explosions from nowhere slide, the fact Liam Neeson gets shot directly in the back and side and is completely unfazed go, but no. This a cheap shlock of action that offers nothing of interest to me. Not only is the story ludricrous to the point of distraction but just the character Liam Neeson plays is completely detestable. I'm not saying that the trafficking and sex trade is not indeed, horrid and very real, but this film presents it as nothing more than a seedy underbelly showing Americans that all of Europe is festering with this horrible idealism that would destroy any young girl DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE A MAN SHE JUST MET IN A TAXI WITH HER!... ... Phew. In short. Just horrible. Horrible. Horrible. And if anyone recommends anything like this to me again I will electrocute them with nails and a light switch.

I have issues with Taken, its tone and subject matter somehow doesn't sit well with me, but it's still well done for what it is, essentially an action movie. Beats Bond IMHO

(in reply to kisswithatear)
Post #: 308
Im confused .. - 16/5/2013 7:32:56 PM   
poppystar22

This is my first ever blog, I was compelled to sign up and add a comment as I was so shocked at the 1 star here. Ok its not the most believable scenario but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I did fiim studies at uni, not that it gives me any more worthy an opinion but just to show my level of interest in film. I feel slightly embarrassed to say this on here now but, I loooooved it !!! 4/5

Post #: 309
top 10 worst movies? - 26/1/2014 10:38:36 AM   
josh the movie leg

This film has got to be one of the worst films ever made everything about it is terrible

Post #: 310
Dear God Empire, what the hell is wrong with you??!!! - 17/3/2014 7:25:02 PM   
Azzurro06

This film is an action classic, you've made yourselves look very very silly here Empire (and not for the first time!!)

Post #: 311
Not 1 star bad - 5/8/2014 11:37:05 PM   
G MAN

This reviewer sounds like a total wet liberal PC brigader. Death Wish would probably make him faint. I didn't buy Liam Neeson as an all-American white knight myself, maybe if this was a Bruce Willis film...

< Message edited by G MAN -- 5/8/2014 11:39:39 PM >

Post #: 312
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Enjoyable Movie Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI