Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 6:52:52 PM   
furrybastard

Actually yeah, that scene where Walt sends his neighbour into his house speaks volumes about how far he's fallen. Even making the old guy kill himself in order to kill Gus shows what a coward he is. For him, it's all a game ("I won"), yet he's putting his family and friends' lives at risk as well as the lives of strangers and children!

I'd like to know how he poisoned the kid though!?  He briefly saw him at Jesse's house for a couple of seconds. When did he slip him the poison!?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 181
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 7:13:21 PM   
Captain Black

You're right, unless they do a flashback next season it's a real stretch to fit into the timeline, and indeed how Walt would even get access to Brock? I don't feel the show cheated me in any way though, because this was the assumption Jesse made in the first place; although the way it's presented last week is different to the way the show normally operates (i.e. it's not presenting things from Walt's point of view), the trick is that Walt's convincing Jesse not to shoot him just as he's convincing me that he wasn't involved. Maybe Jesse made the best comment about Walt's morality: "You brought a bomb into a hospital!?"

I don't think Walt 'made' Tio do anything, he made Tio an offer which was accepted. Had he not, I'm not sure what Walt would have done, but it was certainly Tio's choice.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 182
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 7:26:40 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I don't think Walt 'made' Tio do anything, he made Tio an offer which was accepted. Had he not, I'm not sure what Walt would have done, but it was certainly Tio's choice.

I know, I was thinking more that it says a lot about Walt that he would do that. I don't think even Gus would have made a move that manipulative! Hell, he drank the poison himself when he was assassinating people.

Not that Walt owed Tio anything, of course. It's more the way that it's an example of how Walt's mind works: use other people.

Post #: 183
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 7:29:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

that was incredible, not sure where the show really needs to go from now

SPOILERS!!!

I didnt expect Gus to bite it this episode, thought he was gonna be around for next season. The walk out of the room and camera move to reveal his face was one of the most amazing piece of filmmaking in my life. Absolutely stunning stuff anmd it blew me away (like poor Gus's face). THIS is why Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 184
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 10:17:16 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

You're right, unless they do a flashback next season it's a real stretch to fit into the timeline, and indeed how Walt would even get access to Brock?

I just thought of something!  Could it have been Saul? Under orders from Walt, obviously. Again having someone else do the dirty work for him. Saul gave the kid something in an earlier episode, didn't he? Or at least established that he visits the boy and his mother on a regular basis.

Post #: 185
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 10:23:11 PM   
Captain Black

The more you look at, the more it requires involvement from Saul...but I don't think that's a viable character choice from him; I think it crosses a moral line compared to how he's been portrayed up to this point.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 186
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 11:57:45 PM   
furrybastard

He may not have known exactly how bad it was what he was giving the kid. The more I think about it, the more it becomes the only way it could have been done.

And in the previous episode, Jesse gets a pat-down from Saul's security guard and you can see the guy put something in his pocket. That was the cigarettes!?

Post #: 187
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 12/10/2011 1:01:53 AM   
Lang

I have been recently gifted ALL 4 seasons.....currently at the season 2 finale....i love this show....i love Bryan Cranston

Post #: 188
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 12/10/2011 1:05:40 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

I have been recently gifted ALL 4 seasons.....currently at the season 2 finale....i love this show....i love Bryan Cranston

Yes to all this!  I would suggest staying out of this particular thread till you've caught up, there's quite a few spoilers about!

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 189
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 12/10/2011 10:52:21 AM   
paul_ie86

I'm watching S2 (I've just finished Phoenix) now, so I won't go through the thread. I just want to say that this is turning into one of my favourite TV shows.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 12/10/2011 10:53:48 AM >

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 190
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/10/2011 8:13:29 PM   
paul_ie86

http://yfrog.com/hw937vkj

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 191
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/10/2011 11:43:59 AM   
shanek1980

How can we bring BB to the UK masses??

Whom do we need to speak to at SKY to get this show on Atlantic?

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 192
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/10/2011 12:13:04 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

http://yfrog.com/hw937vkj

Thats creepy

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 193
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/10/2011 6:52:14 PM   
Saltire

Found S4 to be the most disappointing of all the seasons so far, the pacing was a bit off throughout and though there were some good bits, there were also a lot of banal stuff in it too. Hope S5 ends the arc with a bang!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 194
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 2/11/2011 11:37:08 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Watched all of this in the last month. OMG THAT FINAL EPISODE. THE GUS MOMENT. THE FINAL SHOT. OMMMMGGGGGGG......

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 195
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 6/11/2011 9:36:47 PM   
Citizen Dildo

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Actually yeah, that scene where Walt sends his neighbour into his house speaks volumes about how far he's fallen. Even making the old guy kill himself in order to kill Gus shows what a coward he is. For him, it's all a game ("I won"), yet he's putting his family and friends' lives at risk as well as the lives of strangers and children!

I'd like to know how he poisoned the kid though!?  He briefly saw him at Jesse's house for a couple of seconds. When did he slip him the poison!?

The writer/director Vince Gilligan has admitted that the writers never worked out exactly how Walt poisoned him, only that he definitely had enough time to do so. Definitely no involvment from Saul - other than big Huell having taken/switched Jessie's cigarettes as he suspected.

It was all a bit improbable but breath taking stuff when it all sunk in and you realised the cunning and sheer evil driving Walt. That was the furthest he's "broken bad" by far!

Glad to see Tyrus (is that his name?) get it too, he was becoming more of a camp panto villain with every passing week.

Interesting to see where the last 16 episodes take us, surely the Walt vs Hank showdown is on the horizon.

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

Post #: 196
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 8/11/2011 5:26:55 PM   
Lang

Just finished season 4 and holy frakkin sheeeeeiiiit!! that was amazing!!! the last few episodes were the most intense episodes i think i have ever seen!!

The last image in the last episode, just left me thinking you cold hearted bastard!

It proves to a certain degree that he and Gus are the same...or were

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 197
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 13/11/2011 3:52:23 PM   
Rinc

Started this a couple of weeks ago and currently on season 2. It's absolutely fantastic, Cranston is amazing and I've got no idea what's going to happen. Love that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 198
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 13/11/2011 8:44:11 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

Just finished season 4 and holy frakkin sheeeeeiiiit!! that was amazing!!! the last few episodes were the most intense episodes i think i have ever seen!!

The last image in the last episode, just left me thinking you cold hearted bastard!

It proves to a certain degree that he and Gus are the same...or were

In a lot of ways, I'd say that Walt is actually worse.  Or will be worse, as he gains more power in the future. Much like a lot of monsters, he's really just a sad, pathetic and weak little man trying to cover up those insecutrities and weaknesses.

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 199
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 17/11/2011 8:30:05 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Finally catching up with Breaking Bad. Watched Season 1 a while back and enjoyed, just never got round to watching more. But I've been flying through Season 2 and 3, and have just one more episode of the latter to watch.

My mouth was agape at the end of 3.12, with the showdown and Walt's 'run' to Jesse.

Post #: 200
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 17/11/2011 9:18:03 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

Finally catching up with Breaking Bad. Watched Season 1 a while back and enjoyed, just never got round to watching more. But I've been flying through Season 2 and 3, and have just one more episode of the latter to watch.

My mouth was agape at the end of 3.12, with the showdown and Walt's 'run' to Jesse.

That is pretty much how I was. Watched the first series, took me about two years to then get through series two (up until recently had only managed about five episodes in that), then once I started on it again I rattled my way through the rest.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 201
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 27/11/2011 10:30:00 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Just finished Season 4.

Wow.

Truly incredible show, one of the best ever (and with a strong last season, maybe THE best).

Loads of highlights in Season 4 - Gus' flashback, his revenge on the cartel, Hank's deductive skills, Walt's 'one who knocks' speech, and, of course, his final devious plan to take out Gus.

Can't wait for Season 5 now. There are two main plotlines left to solve - Hank needs to uncover Walt's secret, and Jesse needs to discover the horrible things Walt has done (to Jane, and to Brock). There's plenty more interesting stuff the show could do, but everything else pales in comparison to Hank/Jesse.

The way I see it, Hank will discover the secret first. Maybe at the split in Season 5. Walt/Jesse is the heart of the show and that should be the ultimate showdown. I've seen speculation that Hank may not turn Walt in, because he'd be so embarrassed over it all, and worried people would look down on him for missing something so obvious.

Does anyone have an ideal ending in mind? For me, Jesse would find out the truth about Walt's heinous crimes but choose to 'break good' and not kill Walt. He'd turn him in, and Walt would be forced to give any information he had to the DEA to cut a deal. His cancer clears, and he goes into witness protection, where he's unable to cook because the DEA is constantly watching him. He's with his family, and teaching once more. But he'd despise his existence, the legendary Heisenberg reduced to just another man on the street.

One other thing: Breaking Bad may be the best looking show on TV. Some of the visuals the show employs are breathtaking.

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 202
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 27/11/2011 10:51:50 PM   
Captain Black

Yeah, Jesse's got to find out (certainly about Brock; Jane only if Walt confesses) and I like your suggestion about Jesse turning Walt in -- the critical difference in their characters is that Jesse's haunted by the bad things he's done, Walt continues to justify them, so given the opportunity I hope (for a fictional character, ha!) that Jesse just walks away. I figure something's got to happen to Walt's children; he's already got cancer, the only way he can really pay for his crimes is for them to suffer for his sins, that's the ultimate penalty for him.

And it is one of the best looking things on TV (ever). Certainly with raw visual inventiveness. I don't think I mentioned it before, but that bit in episode 12 where Jesse's in the hospital and they jump cut the steadicam shot is just the dog's (Kelley Dixon, take a bow).

Invisiotext:

Post #: 203
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 27/11/2011 11:40:55 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

Does anyone have an ideal ending in mind? For me, Jesse would find out the truth about Walt's heinous crimes but choose to 'break good' and not kill Walt. He'd turn him in, and Walt would be forced to give any information he had to the DEA to cut a deal. His cancer clears, and he goes into witness protection, where he's unable to cook because the DEA is constantly watching him. He's with his family, and teaching once more. But he'd despise his existence, the legendary Heisenberg reduced to just another man on the street.

I don't know, it's bit too Goodfellas for me.

Post #: 204
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 28/11/2011 12:38:29 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

It is a bit like Goodfellas. But I can't think of a worse punishment for Walt. The other alternatives don't really do much for me - he can die, from the cancer or by someone's hand, but that's a bit dull. He can go to jail. Again, dull. He could rise even higher in the meth business but lose his family, which would be interesting. But again, I want to see him punished. And the idea of it all going full circle and him ending up exactly where he started, not rich, teaching chemistry, seems fitting to me.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 205
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 3/12/2011 5:12:30 PM   
Rinc

Just watched the penultimate episode of season 3.

Jesus fucking titty christ!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 206
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/12/2011 12:48:16 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Just watched the penultimate episode of season 3.

Jesus fucking titty christ!

Hehe yeah I rewound the last few minutes about ten times the first time I saw that ep! :D

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 207
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/12/2011 10:16:54 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

this needs to be released on blu ray pronto

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 208
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/12/2011 10:30:11 AM   
Rinc

I'm steaming through season 4. Currently watcing episode 6 and I can't stop!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 209
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 5/12/2011 10:12:42 PM   
Rinc

Amazing series. Just got better and better. Whilst there seemed a lot less humour in the final season as the seriousness cranked up a notch, the urgency and danger that engulfed the last few episodes made up for that.

Can't wait for the fifth, will be interesting to see what they do with it.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI