Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 19/9/2011 10:08:26 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

holy shit that was a good ending! Loved that episode apart from the boring Skyler/ Beneke stuff. Gus is so awesome, i really want him to live!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 151
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 20/9/2011 12:08:27 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
Anyway regardless, it was great.  I think we all knew that Gus wouldn't actually capitulate to the cartel, and again when it came to the poolside scenes there was that familiar increase in tension as we waited for the inevitable to happen.

It is a little dubious, you're right. Perhaps it can be explained by cultural traditions though: that Gus knew the Don would, as a mark of respect, drink/enjoy the gift in front of him and share it with his men. It might have been deemed disrespectful for him to drink and not share it with his Capos. And the Don was suspicious that it might be poisoned; he waited for Gus to drink first!

Good episode. Not sure how the wife thing will play out. Maybe she'll have to  have him killed! Jesse kicked ass too. What happened to the other chemist?  He didn't die from the poisoned drink.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 152
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 20/9/2011 8:46:17 AM   
Sway

It'll also be interesting to see if Gus goes back to speak to Hector again....

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 153
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 21/9/2011 1:38:07 PM   
shool

Awesome episode.

Jesse instructing the Chemists was great and Mikes "Either we're all going back, or none of us are."
Beneke is going to screw everything up for Skylar big time.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 154
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 26/9/2011 8:01:26 PM   
galvatron

Another awesome episode. Cranston was amazing at the end. And I defo want Euell to get some more screen time, he's a legend. 

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 155
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 26/9/2011 8:07:58 PM   
Chojin

I cannot wait a week for the finale! such an epic final 5 minutes.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 156
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 27/9/2011 9:50:26 AM   
The Janitor

Wow episode 11 was truly brilliant. Such an impending sense of doom at the end the last few minutes felt I was watching a horror movie. Not many options left for Walt now. Cannot wait for next weeks episode.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 157
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 27/9/2011 5:29:57 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

At times Breaking Bad has the ability to make you sit bolt upright in your chair. Parts of episode 11 are such an example.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to The Janitor)
Post #: 158
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 29/9/2011 1:45:12 PM   
shool

HHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

What a finish to the episode. I've said it before and I'll say it again that this ranks as the most stressful programme to watch.
Cranston was awesome at the end.

fingers crossed that Pinkman still has that loaylty to Walt and takes out Gus. Otherwise Walt is totally screwed.

Looking forward to the Finale next week very much.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 159
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 29/9/2011 3:10:14 PM   
Art Vandelay

Are there not still two episodes to go or are they airing a double Season finale next week?

And totally, the most stressful show on TV. It's the most stressful thing in my life right now! And Cranston's gone and pretty much guaranteed himself a 4th Emmy win with that performance.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 160
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 29/9/2011 3:26:47 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

Are there not still two episodes to go or are they airing a double Season finale next week?

Sorry, my mistake. You are right 2 episodes to go 1 next week and then the finale on 9th October.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 161
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 29/9/2011 9:09:57 PM   
Sway

My heart rate just crashed through the roof.

Everytime I see an episode of Breaking Bad I always think, 'that was the best ending, ever', ....until the next time.    Those last 10 minutes were immense.   As somebody else pointed out, it felt like watching a horror film at the end.  Infact this might sound odd, but I was actually reminded of Sunshine in those last 10 minutes.  Particularly the high intensity noise as the camera panned out from Walter framed by the square hole in the ground.   The noise reminded me of the climactic end of Sunshine and the image reminded me of Cillian Murphy framed by a tiny window.

The downside however, is that up until those last ten minutes I was honestly thinking, 'this has been the poorest episode of Breaking Bad I've ever seen.'     The Skyler/Ted storyline was getting seriously monotonous and usually Breaking Bad has brilliant wry humour, but the scene with Ted and Saul's 'A-Team' was actually farcical and seemed very out of place.  Also, Gus has remained a credible 'bad guy' until now, but his threats to Walter in the desert ('...and your infant daughter') saw him verge into pantomime villian territory which I felt totally detracted from the scene.  Additionally the guy who's been supervising Walt in the lab and following him about seems to become more camp everytime he appears.

So when Walter came crashing through the door of Saul's, it took me aback.     And as soon as he dropped himself through the hole in his floor at the house, it became clear why they'd laboured the Ted/Skyler storyline.   Those last 10 minutes totally redeemed the poorness of everything that led up to it.

As an aside, I thought it was very touching that Jesse still shows loyalty to Walter even when he's not around and even though he doesn't actually want to see him again.

Anyway,

I can't express enough how amazing I think this show is.   It's incredible.

< Message edited by Sway -- 29/9/2011 9:12:24 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 162
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 30/9/2011 5:22:22 PM   
Captain Black

I watched these last two back to back (due to holiday). Wasn't too impressed with 11. A quick glance tells me everyone was going nuts over the finale of that episode, but especially in contrast to 10, which was amazing (particularly Walt's monologue with Jnr), I felt like they were throwing tons of tricks at me like the oppressive sound design which was trying so so hard but it didn't quite have the desired effect. Really Walt's cackling laugh moved him from being a character I can empathise with to someone I couldn't for that scene. I did love the bit where Skyler puts on her game face and calmly asks Marie to tell her exactly what's going on.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
Also, Gus has remained a credible 'bad guy' until now, but his threats to Walter in the desert ('...and your infant daughter') saw him verge into pantomime villian territory which I felt totally detracted from the scene.

One thing this did serve to do though, was that it gives Gus a second level of threat to apply to Walt; had he not brought Walt's family into it (I agree about the tone, though) then Walt has a history of committing volatile acts in desperation -- in fact I'd argue he's at his best when he doesn't plan ahead as those plans have repeatedly been inept and show how out of his depth he is.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 30/9/2011 5:23:12 PM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 163
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 1/10/2011 2:52:37 PM   
Sway

Friend of mine posted this on my facebook page.

I've no idea if he found it online or if he took the photo himself somewhere.  He's not replied to me yet.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 164
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 3/10/2011 8:53:55 PM   
Sway

It's funny.   Despite knowing there's still another season left and that they can't feasibly kill off Walt now, that's the 2nd time I've thought, 'they're actually going to do it!'.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 165
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/10/2011 12:55:04 AM   
furrybastard

***SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 12***

Hmm I wouldn't be so sure, I can see them killing off Walt at some point. I have a suspicion that the true 'hero' of the story is Jessie. His is the tale of redemption, not Walt. And Walt willingly and knowingly pursued this life of crime, while it could be argued Jessie is where is because he's been manipulated/made an accessory by Walt and others. He would have overcome not only his addiction but his life of crime by now if it were not for Walt.

Great episode. An improvement on last weeks lacklustre effort (ok, it was somewhat redeemed by a fantastic final 5 mins).  I suppose the question most people will have is: How did Gus know?!  Was that Walt's car in the parking lot when Gus and the henchman arrived. If so, Gus must have noticed it. I bet we'll find out at the beginning of the next episode!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 166
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/10/2011 11:35:15 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

***SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 12***

Hmm I wouldn't be so sure, I can see them killing off Walt at some point. I have a suspicion that the true 'hero' of the story is Jessie. His is the tale of redemption, not Walt. And Walt willingly and knowingly pursued this life of crime, while it could be argued Jessie is where is because he's been manipulated/made an accessory by Walt and others. He would have overcome not only his addiction but his life of crime by now if it were not for Walt.

Great episode. An improvement on last weeks lacklustre effort (ok, it was somewhat redeemed by a fantastic final 5 mins).  I suppose the question most people will have is: How did Gus know?!  Was that Walt's car in the parking lot when Gus and the henchman arrived. If so, Gus must have noticed it. I bet we'll find out at the beginning of the next episode!

I'm not convinced they won't kill off Walt in the final season, but I really don't think they could have credibly done it in the penultimate season.   I started thinking about the idea of a whole season without Walt.... Where could they really go with it?   Regardless of people's opinion of who the 'hero' or the 'star' of the show is (one of my friends has 4 favourite characters from the show, and Walt doesn't feature), the storylines so far have mostly been motivated by Walt in some manner.    This whole Gus and Jesse thing just now?  Motivated by Walt.  Gus wants rid of Walt and is exactly why he's been keeping Jesse at his side - to stir shit between them etc.

Walt has been pretty backseat this whole season, which I'm not saying is a bad thing because the it's allowed the other characters to come to the fore, but he'll still remain one of my favourite characters.   I'm not going to forget all the mental stuff he's done in previous seasons  - blowing up Tuco's office! - and you've got to remember that Walt didn't exactly willingly choose the path he's gone down.  He got tangled up in something due to circumstances that became bigger than him and which he hasn't been able to extricate himself from despite trying numerous times.

I just think that with this season a lot of people are quick to forget about how great a character Walt has been so far.    I'm not disputing Jesses credentials as a main character/star/hero etc here, but I felt like defending Walt since that's a few times recently I've heard people kinda dismiss him.

Post #: 167
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/10/2011 5:56:58 PM   
furrybastard

I wasn't dismissing him, he's my favourite character in the show! Just that I wouldn't be suprised to see him offed (and you're right, if it happens it won't be until the final season, probably in the last three episodes or thereabouts!) and gave the reasons why, from a story/dramatic point of view.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 168
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 4/10/2011 9:21:25 PM   
Captain Black

Episode 12 man. Damn. Just....wow.

Actually I have a quibble: Gus's supernatural sense of danger was a bit excessive, but I did like that they gave Walt a plan which could have succeeded (in contrast to, say, buying the gun and shooting Gus as he planned earlier in the season). And indeed, Jesse's assumption that "Mr White" poisoned Brock wasn't my first thought, though that could be because I'm no Jesse and am fully aware that I'm watching a fictional TV show. All worth it because of the Jesse Walt scene though; I always like the show the most when the two of them are working together and after a season where they've diverged that was a terrific way getting them back on the same page. The acting, continues to just impress me, even though I should be taking it for granted by now; Paul in particular could win lead actor at the Emmys if he wasn't in the same show as Cranston (although based on the material so far this year, and as you guys have alluded to, I think he's been the lead this season at least). That line Walt has putting all the emphasis on Jesse as being the cook, the critical person in the whole operation, is a completely reversal of Walt's deluded "It's all about me" line from earlier in the season.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 169
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 6/10/2011 3:38:26 PM   
talpacino

I've started this for the third time now, probably because of watching the awesome Drive recently. Despite loving it I just keep drifting away from it after a few episodes and forgetting about it. I've bought the boxset now so that means I have to watch it. I'm going to do it this time!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 170
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 5:13:20 PM   
RobotDevil

Just watched the season finale - great stuff again.
Absolutely amazed by the last episode. By itself it could have been the last episode ever as it ties up a lot of stuff, but it does leave the door open for some interesting new directions in the future.

It's pretty hard to believe that there won't be something somewhere leading back to Walt and Jesse given everything that happened. Still haven't seen Mike for a while so it will be interesting to see what happens if he comes back next season.

Chilling final shot though. Yet again Walt does something truly horrible that is kept secret from Jesse and we are left wondering if the truth will ever be revealed.

Really looking forward to next year.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 171
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 5:31:50 PM   
furrybastard

***SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 13 - FINALE***

Not as electric as the Season 3 finale but great stuff all the same! 

There's a pretty huge power vacuum now between both the Mexican druglord and Gus out of action.

I imagine it'll be Walt vs. Jesse vs. Hank next season!

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 172
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 6:37:48 PM   
Clarence Worley

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

***SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 13 - FINALE***

Not as electric as the Season 3 finale but great stuff all the same! 

There's a pretty huge power vacuum now between both the Mexican druglord and Gus out of action.

I imagine it'll be Walt vs. Jesse vs. Hank next season!

SPOILERS AHOY Add mike into that equation! What an immense finale though, and that scene with Gus and Tio was fucking great!

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

Post #: 173
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 7:19:32 PM   
furrybastard

I wonder what Mike will do. There's nothing really in it for him to kill either of the two lads.

If anything, he owes Jesse.

(in reply to Clarence Worley)
Post #: 174
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 7:34:46 PM   
Chojin

brilliant episode, but Gus' final scene? i'm sorry but it was far too comical. I thought the series had switched to the Sarah Conner Chronicles. It was a perfect ending which I wasn't expected and the silence after the explosion would have been perfect. I just felt the scene was absolutely ruined by that comical half blown up strut out of the room.

.....and I never would have thought Walt was capable of that! I don't think even he has fallen that far, there will be an explanation :)

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 175
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 10/10/2011 9:56:16 PM   
Captain Black

Yeah, the Terminator face was maybe a little too much for me too. Nevertheless, tense as hell episode and superbly executed so I'll forgive that little flourish. Would have worked for me as a series finale too, though as mentioned, there's still Mike to come back next year.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 176
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 12:45:49 AM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

.....and I never would have thought Walt was capable of that! I don't think even he has fallen that far, there will be an explanation :)

The Creator of the show has come out and said that Walt did indeed poison Brock. I haven't re-watched the scene, but if you remember in the last episode where Walt is in his garden spinning the gun. Apparently it stops and is pointing directly at the flower pot, to which he begins to stare at intently.

We've seen numerous signs of Walt's vicious and 'evil' side but this is surely the worst thing he's done yet? Poisoning a child and manipulating Jesse in such a way, I really can't see how there's any redemption for this character now. Man, I love this show.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 177
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 12:21:46 PM   
shool

Just watched the finale. Emotions switched from "Yaas go Walt" with his "I won" comment, to "You utter bastard" when it showed the plant. Yet again Walt sinks to the lowest of the low to save his ass. Reminds me of him not saving Jesse's girlfriend in Season 3.

Utterly awesome show. It will be interesting to where this goes in the final season with the power vacuum, the only other obvious adversary is the DEA.

Post #: 178
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 3:48:31 PM   
furrybastard

But how did Walt poison the kid!?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 179
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July - 11/10/2011 6:04:26 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin
We've seen numerous signs of Walt's vicious and 'evil' side but this is surely the worst thing he's done yet?

Yes! Well maybe, I think you can sort of (within the framework that we know we're watching a TV show and are still, I am anyway, rooting for Walt) argue it's not as bad as just letting Jane die because she's dead, and a chemist like Walt may know how much to administer to Brock for him to have a chance to be okay. Having said that, it's a really clever, unexpected yet logical thing for the show to do to drop him another rung lower on the morality ladder; he's involving other innocents like his neighbour and ultimately the thing that we, and in particular Jesse, find most reprehensible. In terms of next year and the direction it may take, I guess it depends on whether or not Jesse will find out about Brock or if it will be consigned to the past like Jane's death. It seems to be the former, to set up the final conflict between the pair of them, but I always get proven wrong when I try to second guess this show!

I've not watched it since the final episode, but backtrack a week to episode 12 and the scene where Jesse threatens to kill Walt; I'd be interested to watch that again to see if there's an element to Walt's reaction that is "I've done some bad things, if anyone's going to kill me it should be Jesse".

Invisiotext:

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 4 premiere 17th July Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI