Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 11:53:07 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

I'm surprised at the amount of people who still think Walt was ever doing it for his family.

To his credit, he was willing to give up all $80M for Hank’s life, with no hesitation whatsoever. Not even a blood relative.

And even at this point, he’s trying to get what money he can to his family.

You’ve pretty much nailed the complexities of his character but I feel there was always part of Walt that had his family in mind. How much at any given time would be open to debate and at times his pride/anger certainly tipped the balance away from them… but it was always there for me and still is.

If he’s going to die (and he probably will) he has to decide how to accept that fate, as Walter Hartwell White (what little amount is left), or as Heisenberg. After the call to Jr and his anger at Gretchen’s comments (the man we knew is gone) I think it’s Walt coming back to NM.

And if we’re reading into this:

Walt left him behind…

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 24/9/2013 4:24:41 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 601
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 12:05:53 PM   
crimond

Excellent episode again. Next week can't come soon enough.

With regards to the money. Saul made it clear they will be watching Skyler like a hawk so even if he somehow got her money undetected, she can't spend it. He did say that handing himself in along with the drug money would be favourable for Skyler, perhaps he will do this when he has the $80m, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling that Jesse will kill himself after being rescued by Walt. Perhaps Walt will give him the gun to kill him but instead Jesse will turn it on himself. He is a broken man with nothing to live for and little desire to keep going as evident by his depression early on in the season.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 602
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 1:05:17 PM   
Chief

For anyone following the theory that Walt is absorbing traits of people he has killed, he now takes no ice in his drink. Like Mike.

Post #: 603
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 3:17:31 PM   
shool

Heartbreaking. I was hoping for some kind of redemption or life for Jesse, but theres barely anything left unless his attachment to Brock is enough to keep him going.

Heartbreaking

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 604
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 4:27:21 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

For anyone following the theory that Walt is absorbing traits of people he has killed, he now takes no ice in his drink. Like Mike.

That started a while ago if memory serves. Think he first did that at Hank’s place, when he got Walt a drink.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 605
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 24/9/2013 4:32:04 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

That started a while ago if memory serves. Think he first did that at Hank’s place, when he got Walt a drink.

Hmm, I never noticed. It just seemed like it was made obvious in the last episode. I'll shut up.

Post #: 606
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 1:16:06 PM   
Moorish

I can see Jesse riding off into the sunset with Brock and a fat load of money - that would be a happy ending.

Sadly, I can't see this ending well for Walt. Well, I say sadly, he is an awful man, but still, he's my awful man...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 607
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 4:01:12 PM   
MattBecker

Once again: amazing episode. Left me in tears and now I am really afraid to see the final one. It's going to be devastating!

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 608
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 7:47:27 PM   
sharkboy

Loving the new Threadless tshirt!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to MattBecker)
Post #: 609
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 8:29:32 PM   
Rinc

Bad news everyone. I'm moving house this weekend and so won't have the internet until the 9th October! Have to get a friend to get it from an aunt on Monday but I'll only be able to get it from them on Tuesday. It's gutting even having to wait 24 hours.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 610
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 8:52:08 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Bad news everyone. I'm moving house this weekend and so won't have the internet until the 9th October! Have to get a friend to get it from an aunt on Monday but I'll only be able to get it from them on Tuesday. It's gutting even having to wait 24 hours.

My Aunt was poorly last weekend so had to get YFU's Aunt to visit on Monday, mybe she can visit you?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 611
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 8:56:16 PM   
Rinc

And how did YFU's aunt visit?!

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 612
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 26/9/2013 9:02:12 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I've PM'd you the details...

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 613
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 12:11:54 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

That would make a cool tattoo in a sugar skull style. If you were inclined to get TV shows tattoo'd on you I suppose. (I know a guy that's got the Lost numbers tattoo'd)

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 614
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 12:52:57 PM   
squeezyrider

So what are everybody's fears for the finale then. I think for me I can handle pretty much anything as long as nothing happens to the baby. That's been a constant fear since she was born to be honest. 

I used to think that a film that would kill off a child was laudably brave but since I've had my own I can't bear it.

I thought I'd be devastated if Jesse died but given what he's been through it could possibly be for the best.  

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

Post #: 615
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 12:53:54 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

That would make a cool tattoo in a sugar skull style. If you were inclined to get TV shows tattoo'd on you I suppose. (I know a guy that's got the Lost numbers tattoo'd)

I posted this on the forum somewhere else but here's the top I got earlier this year -

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 616
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 2:57:41 PM   
MattBecker

Nice one!

btw. how are you guys going to watch the finale? wearing breaking bad shirts is essential but we are thinking of buying blue gatorade or anything else that resembles heisenbergs product

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 617
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 7:37:44 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

quote:

I posted this on the forum somewhere else but here's the top I got earlier this year -

Sweet. I have been tempted with a Los Pollos Hermanos T.

quote:

ORIGINAL: MattBecker

Nice one!

btw. how are you guys going to watch the finale? wearing breaking bad shirts is essential but we are thinking of buying blue gatorade or anything else that resembles heisenbergs product

Just sitting quietly absorbing it I think. You can actually buy blue meth candy on EBay. A nice gift for other fans.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 618
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 27/9/2013 9:04:59 PM   
Mister Coe

I will be shaving my head, going back to wearing glasses and growing a goatee...

Say what now?

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 619
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 10:01:56 AM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I will be shaving my head, going back to wearing glasses and growing a goatee...

And I'm growing a tumour to go out with on Halloween!

Awww come on! That's the sort of gallows humour only Breaking Bad fans could like

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 620
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 11:35:59 AM   
Olaf

quote:

If he’s going to die (and he probably will) he has to decide how to accept that fate, as Walter Hartwell White (what little amount is left), or as Heisenberg. After the call to Jr and his anger at Gretchen’s comments (the man we knew is gone) I think it’s Walt coming back to NM.

To be honest I think the show has outgrown the Walter White/Heisenberg dualism, he's become a much more complex character as the show has gone on. Initially the separate personas come out of the fact that he's living a double life in the first two/three seasons, and the hat and shades are one way for a weedy science teacher to look tough around drug dealers - at that stage, he's still needing to take on the role of 'Heisenberg' because he hasn't fully accepted it yet. But the real achievement of S4/5 (and why I think they're the two best seasons of the show) is to demonstrate how the barrier separating Walt from Heisenberg never really existed in the first place. Heisenberg isn't Walt's dark side or anything like - all of those 'Heisenberg-y' aspects of Walt's personality are there from the beginning and prior to the creation of Heisenberg.

I feel that to continue with the two personalities dichotomy sort of lets Walt off the hook a little bit, in regard to the things he's done. And it takes away the show's potency as a moral story because it implies that Walt's bad tendencies weren't really 'him', when really the potential to be a bad person is always present in him (and in all of us I suppose). It's all about whether or not you let yourself be that bad person.

< Message edited by Olaf -- 28/9/2013 11:37:00 AM >

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 621
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 12:46:04 PM   
JagLover

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

To be honest I think the show has outgrown the Walter White/Heisenberg dualism, he's become a much more complex character as the show has gone on. Initially the separate personas come out of the fact that he's living a double life in the first two/three seasons, and the hat and shades are one way for a weedy science teacher to look tough around drug dealers - at that stage, he's still needing to take on the role of 'Heisenberg' because he hasn't fully accepted it yet. But the real achievement of S4/5 (and why I think they're the two best seasons of the show) is to demonstrate how the barrier separating Walt from Heisenberg never really existed in the first place. Heisenberg isn't Walt's dark side or anything like - all of those 'Heisenberg-y' aspects of Walt's personality are there from the beginning and prior to the creation of Heisenberg.

I feel that to continue with the two personalities dichotomy sort of lets Walt off the hook a little bit, in regard to the things he's done. And it takes away the show's potency as a moral story because it implies that Walt's bad tendencies weren't really 'him', when really the potential to be a bad person is always present in him (and in all of us I suppose). It's all about whether or not you let yourself be that bad person.

Well said

Walt always had the potential to do the acts he committed, he just didn't have the reason as he wasn't in that world before. There is no 'split' personality only an illustration of the darkness that can be present in even an apparently 'decent' man.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 622
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 5:56:55 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Yep, completely agree, the "split" is just that, an abstraction to be put between inverted commas.

Apart from the totem items of hat and glasses I think the first time we saw what we call Heisenberg is when he punches the hand drier in the hospital and then soon after when he's forcing tequila on Walt Jnr. I viewed it as though he had come so close to death (the broken RV episode in the desert) he had resigned himself to imminent death, had accumulated so much steel just to accept it than when he got the all clear he had no where for that steel to go. And it's been leaking out in sentiments of bitterness and pride and that's what we recognise as Heisenberg. The writing makes it a logical, sane and natural psychological growth. It's not Tyler Durden.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 623
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 9:08:09 PM   
Moorish

I have decided to dress in all black for the final Breaking Bad episode. I'm serious.

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 624
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 28/9/2013 10:45:53 PM   
Mister Coe

Something just popped into my head... I watch BB on Netflix and I believe that the final episode will stream there from Midnight on Sunday...

Correct me if I've got this wrong (it could well be the case, I've had a few beers), but doesn't that mean I can watch it a couple of hours in advance of the official US Premier on whatever network it shows on over there?

That can't be right...

< Message edited by Mister Coe -- 28/9/2013 10:46:34 PM >

Say what now?

(in reply to Moorish)
Post #: 625
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 29/9/2013 1:52:42 AM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

And I'm growing a tumour to go out with on Halloween!

Awww come on! That's the sort of gallows humour only Breaking Bad fans could like

Love it!!!

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 626
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 29/9/2013 2:07:32 AM   
nutteronabus

quote:

Something just popped into my head... I watch BB on Netflix and I believe that the final episode will stream there from Midnight on Sunday...

Correct me if I've got this wrong (it could well be the case, I've had a few beers), but doesn't that mean I can watch it a couple of hours in advance of the official US Premier on whatever network it shows on over there?

That can't be right...

Nope. It's been going up around 9am on Monday mornings, so you've a few hours to wait.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 627
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 29/9/2013 7:50:29 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: nutteronabus

quote:

That can't be right...

Nope. It's been going up around 9am on Monday mornings, so you've a few hours to wait.

Ah, must have had wrong information. Sorry.

Anybody been watching those TALKING BAD shows on Netflix (not sure if they're showing up anywhere else)?  Vince Gilligan always gives tiny little spoilers for the forthcoming episode and his spoiler for the last episode is just one word... 'WOODWORK'.

In the last few hours before BB ends for good, anybody got any theories about what that might mean?

Say what now?

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 628
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 30/9/2013 3:42:00 AM   
pythonlove

They stuck the landing! Great ending. You will not be disappointed.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 629
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 30/9/2013 5:35:00 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

MY EMOTIONS ITS ALL OVER

Regardless of depression, Breaking Bad will go down as one of the finest TV shows of all time and the ending was just perfect. Superb stuff.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI