Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 11:14:53 AM   
elab49

Sat 19th Five USA 11pm and it looks like every night thereafter at midnight - 13 epis in season 2.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 31
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 11:38:32 AM   
discodave101

Cheers Elab - that'll be why Sky+ couldn't find it yet.

Look forward to this. Any idea if the show has been given another season? Its a show with a definite finite life, and I remember seeing an interview with Bryan Cranston where he basically confirmed this in not so many words. In my mind, 2 or 3 seasons would do it justice.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 32
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 11:43:17 AM   
elab49

IMDB shows a season 3 up if that means anything.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Post #: 33
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 11:54:08 AM   
discodave101

Cheers again Elab. Sorry, I'm not lazy (well not in this instance, but in life I am), I just fear trying to search for details of a season 3 may mean I stumble across Google result spoilers! 

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 34
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 12:00:48 PM   
elab49

Ditto - I'd only noticed when I was very carefully checking epi titles against the RT online to work out when it started.

In time terms, calendar time doesn't pass that quickly in Breaking Bad S1 - so although there is clearly some kind of limit, it might stretch a bit. Particularly if he's earning enough to get helpful treatment

quote:

Post #: 35
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 10/12/2009 12:10:48 PM   
discodave101

True, the timeline was minimal, never thought of that. I suppose as always it comes down to the shows rating success and how much they want to milk it. It certainly doesn't look like an expensive show to make.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 36
RE: Breaking Bad - 18/2/2010 11:45:13 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I've now rewatched and working through my Sky+ - up to episode 5. Brilliant show - so glad I gave it another chance.

Interesting. I watched episode 1 only. I thought it was okay, my wife didn't enjoy it at all. I guess I should reappraise it.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 37
RE: Breaking Bad - 7/6/2010 7:01:35 AM   
Ethanial

Insert expletives here.
Just finished the new episode, holy shit.
I mean, this show, from strength to freaking strength, the finale will be amazing, but my hands over my mouth last night, a slow few weeks like a dog waiting for scraps, and bam, full force of violence that was bubbling since One Minute cooled off. I love this show.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 38
RE: Breaking Bad - 7/6/2010 10:53:05 AM   
Acho

I've been catching up on this recently. Just watched episode 3 of season 2 last night, so I'm not even half way through yet. It's fantastic, I'm really looking forward to watching the rest. Bryan Cranston is a revelation.

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 39
RE: Breaking Bad - 8/6/2010 3:55:19 PM   
Clarence Worley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

Insert expletives here.
Just finished the new episode, holy shit.
I mean, this show, from strength to freaking strength, the finale will be amazing, but my hands over my mouth last night, a slow few weeks like a dog waiting for scraps, and bam, full force of violence that was bubbling since One Minute cooled off. I love this show.

What he said.!! What an absolutely jaw-dropping end, im getting goosebumps now just thinking about it. Best show on TV at the moment - no doubt!!

SPOILERS

The speech that the private eye/ex cop gave, was immense, gave me the shivers aaaaaaaaand same goes for the 'meet' scene and the attempt at making peace.

RUN ....

< Message edited by Clarence Worley -- 8/6/2010 4:02:48 PM >

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.

That's what they're saying about me now? That I'm paranoid?

(in reply to Ethanial)
Post #: 40
RE: Breaking Bad - 9/9/2010 11:35:28 AM   
GabrielDimas

I can't understand how this show isn't more popular than it really is at the moment. In my opinion it's a masterpiece and one of the best shows I've seen recently. I've just finished watching last episode from Season 3 and I have to say it's been fucking outstanding. Both Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are fantastic and, of course, they deserved those shinny emmys they both won a couple of weeks back.

(in reply to Clarence Worley)
Post #: 41
RE: Breaking Bad - 10/10/2010 8:00:26 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Series 4 in 2011, anyone know anymore details about this?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to GabrielDimas)
Post #: 42
RE: Breaking Bad - 11/10/2010 3:49:39 PM   
Jeffrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Series 4 in 2011, anyone know anymore details about this?

Begins airing in July 2011 (instead of the usual March) so they'll be up against less competition from other networks.

< Message edited by Jeffrey -- 11/10/2010 4:00:42 PM >

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 43
RE: Breaking Bad - 9/2/2011 2:03:56 PM   
shool

I'm 2 thirds through series 2 of this.

Excellent Series IMO. Although I'm starting to wish something would go right for Walt and Jesse.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 44
RE: Breaking Bad - 26/2/2011 2:23:22 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I'm 2 thirds through series 2 of this.

Excellent Series IMO. Although I'm starting to wish something would go right for Walt and Jesse.

Watched SEASON1 and he 1st episode of season 2. Great show, it deserves more recognition.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 45
RE: Breaking Bad - 27/2/2011 12:08:02 PM   
CrassMan

I watched series 1 when it was on FX and then wondered what the hell happened to it. Just bought series 1 & 2 on DVD so i can at least catch up a bit.

This list i read recently rated series 3 the best show of last year. Just like this thread i had to skip reading it properly to avoid spoilers but it was a pleasant surprise, especially that it's got this far despite not having the highest ratings.

< Message edited by CrassMan -- 27/2/2011 12:31:20 PM >

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 46
RE: Breaking Bad - 27/2/2011 12:37:34 PM   
From_Hell

Is there any news on whether Season 3 is coming to UK terrestrial channels?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to CrassMan)
Post #: 47
RE: Breaking Bad - 28/2/2011 12:04:38 PM   
shool

Saeson 3 was great, even though it took a short while to build.

Cant wait until this is back. I think i heard it was in July.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 48
RE: Breaking Bad - 28/2/2011 12:27:30 PM   
Sway

Breaking Bad is phenomenal.  This has been the first t.v show in years (asides from Lost) that I've had to wait for a new series... Nearly every other tv show I've watched has been after they've finished completely, so I've watched the series back to back.  And the wait is killing me.  I keep raving about it to everyone - although it's incredibly hard to spark interest in it by just giving the synopsis to somebody because it doesn't sound all that interesting on paper.

The opening scene in the very first episode is one of the most frenetic and fantastically random openers I've ever seen before.  It just throws you straight into things.  And it also has some of the darkest humour I've seen in any show, although this could just be me laughing at really inappropriate moments.  Please tell me that there are others out there who found the *****SPOILERS***** scene in which Jesse and Walter are mopping up the bloody remains from the acid bath, deliciously amusing? ****SPOILERS END***

I hadn't seen anything with Bryan Cranston in before, but he's incredible in this. It didn't surprise me to learn he'd won the Emmy for best actor over three consecutive years for his role as Walter White.  

God I wish this was back on t.v already! In the breaks between Lost I managed to cope somehow, but this is just killing me!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 49
RE: Breaking Bad - 28/2/2011 12:35:14 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
*****SPOILERS***** scene in which Jesse and Walter are mopping up the bloody remains from the acid bath, deliciously amusing? ****SPOILERS END***

Yes and the way that Jesse just screws everything up constantly and then the loyalty that Walter shows Jesse whilst constantly despairing is touching.

The characters are very human and you just root for them that something goes right... but it seldom does.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 50
RE: Breaking Bad - 28/2/2011 3:03:22 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway
*****SPOILERS***** scene in which Jesse and Walter are mopping up the bloody remains from the acid bath, deliciously amusing? ****SPOILERS END***

Yes and the way that Jesse just screws everything up constantly and then the loyalty that Walter shows Jesse whilst constantly despairing is touching.

The characters are very human and you just root for them that something goes right... but it seldom does.

That's exactly it - the characters are very human, their reactions to situations and conflicts are totally believable.  Small details are what seal it for me.  The dialogue is just so normal too, everything they say or do is grounded in real life.  And it's one of the few shows I've found to be genuinely unpredictable.  Just when you think you know what's going to happen it'll go in an entirely different direction.  I can't begin to describe much I love this show!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 51
RE: Breaking Bad - 9/3/2011 11:08:58 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

quote:

Saeson 3 was great, even though it took a short while to build.

Cant wait until this is back. I think i heard it was in July.

anyone?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 52
RE: Breaking Bad - 30/3/2011 9:20:44 PM   
superdan

I haven't read through this thread for fear of spoilers, but I'm halfway through the first series and it is just brilliant. Funny, brutal and deeply moving at times, it certainly doesn't pull any punches along the way. Brian Cranston's performance as Walter is toweringly good.

(in reply to fuzbucket mutant)
Post #: 53
RE: Breaking Bad - 30/3/2011 9:50:13 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I haven't read through this thread for fear of spoilers, but I'm halfway through the first series and it is just brilliant. Funny, brutal and deeply moving at times, it certainly doesn't pull any punches along the way. Brian Cranston's performance as Walter is toweringly good.

You won't regret this.  I'm currently growing bonsai trees (don't ask) and have 5 pots so far with little markers to differentiate between them.  I've written names on all the markers and one of them is Walter after Walter White.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 54
RE: Breaking Bad - 31/3/2011 12:24:05 PM   
superdan

I watched 6 episodes yesterday! If I didn't have to bloody work through all weekend I reckon I'd be finishing on Season 3 by Monday night. It's brilliant, I'm well and truly hooked.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 55
RE: Breaking Bad - 31/3/2011 5:31:58 PM   
Captain Black

There's your DVD box quote:

"As addicitive as crystal meth" - Superdan, on the Empire forums.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 56
RE: Breaking Bad - 21/4/2011 2:59:15 AM   
GabrielDimas

I'd like to share this emotional video about Jesse Pinkman. Do not watch it if you haven't seen Season 3 as it contains major spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyrQ9wq08KY

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 57
RE: Breaking Bad - 31/5/2011 7:20:47 PM   
Sway

SEASON 4 DUE TO PREMIERE ON 17TH JULY!!!!!!!

I'm a touch excited about this.

(in reply to GabrielDimas)
Post #: 58
RE: Breaking Bad - 31/5/2011 8:01:43 PM   
Citizen Dildo

Any news on Sky Atlantic picking this up? Would seem a natural home in the UK now.

This is up there with The Wire and Lost for me now in terms of anticipation - can't see any way I could wait more than a week to view an episode knowing that it's available. Think season 3 is out on DVD in next few weeks, will probably pick that up for a recap.

Any thoughts/speculation on where the story goes next?

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 59
RE: Breaking Bad - 31/5/2011 8:24:36 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Citizen Dildo

Any news on Sky Atlantic picking this up? Would seem a natural home in the UK now.

This is up there with The Wire and Lost for me now in terms of anticipation - can't see any way I could wait more than a week to view an episode knowing that it's available. Think season 3 is out on DVD in next few weeks, will probably pick that up for a recap.

Any thoughts/speculation on where the story goes next?

I'm the same in terms of anticipation - the majority of tv series I tend to watch via boxset so thankfully get to watch them all in the one go with no waiting around, but this has been killing me! The only other tv show I had such anticipation for was Lost and the final episode of BSG (I had the fortune to watch most of it on boxset right before the final ep aired) There's a trailer for Breaking Bad S4, but I can't seem to find anywhere to view it as I'm not in the right country...    http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/05/breaking-bad-season-4-premiere-date.php   By which I'm guessing 'this is for the US only'.

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI