Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 14/9/2013 2:42:33 PM   
Hardcore Raver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I got Netflix purely for BB but I can see me keeping it for a while.

I'm exactly the same. I actually got it a few months ago, as I got the first three seasons of Breaking Bad on DVD for Christmas, and had to carry on watching it. I originally planned on only keeping it until I got to the end of the first part of Season 5, and then sign up again once the second part started, but there's so much other stuff on their that I wanted to watch, and still want to watch, that £6 a month seems like peanuts.

Back onto Breaking Bad, I'm finding at the moment I look forward to Mondays, and the new episode, much more than I look forward to the weekend! I really don't know what will replace Breaking Bad once it's finished, but then I thought that about The Wire, and then along came Walt and Jesse into my life, so I have faith that eventually something this good will come along again.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 541
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 14/9/2013 3:33:14 PM   
target

I think netflix is great. well worth the £6 a month.

I've just started watching BSG. All 76 episodes are on there.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 542
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 3:20:57 AM   
pythonlove

Strap yourselves in for this one guys. Holy shit.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 543
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 7:05:18 AM   
Saltire

The spoiler code won't work for me on this forum for some reason so I won't post what I was going to, but all I'll say was, that was the best episode of Breaking Bad of the lot imo; worthy of an Emmy on its own - I am utterly drained.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 16/9/2013 7:09:07 AM >

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 544
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 7:21:11 AM   
furrybastard

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 545
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 9:03:26 AM   
demoncleaner

I'm off today and ready to watch this now. Only netflix doesn't appear to have it yet? Am I mental? If guys have already seen it on netflix then I know I'm doing something wrong and can sort it. I'm just not sure if I have to wait another while. Can someone let me know? That would be cool, cheers.

Edit: strike that it's there now. Phew. 9 o'clock must be the availability time? Well...here goes

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 16/9/2013 9:06:54 AM >

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 546
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 9:05:17 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

I'm off today and ready to watch this now. Only netflix doesn't appear to have it yet? Am I mental? If guys have already seen it on netflix then I know I'm doing something wrong and can sort it. I'm just not sure if I have to wait another while. Can someone let me know? That would be cool, cheers.

Maybe they've seen it through other means?

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 547
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 9:05:56 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I think netflix is great. well worth the £6 a month.

I've just started watching BSG. All 76 episodes are on there.

Hmm, I've always fancied giving this a go. Might make that my next series to watch.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 548
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 10:56:05 AM   
nutteronabus

Monday morning. 10:55am, and I already need a very stiff drink.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 549
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 12:13:03 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Holy McChuckafuck

How much happened in that episode?

Might be the best episode of TV I've ever watched....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 550
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 12:33:16 PM   
jcthefirst

Walt's blame shifting phone call to Skyler was excellent. Last remnants of humanity in him.

But he did sell Jesse down the river. And the revelation about Jane? Cold, Heisenberg. Cold.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 551
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 12:37:58 PM   
big dawg

Amazing. One of the best eps of tv I've seen

< Message edited by big dawg -- 16/9/2013 12:39:14 PM >

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 552
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 1:29:34 PM   
Lang

so many emotions.....only 2 left!

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 553
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 3:16:38 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Literally had tears in my eyes during some moments. The scene in the toilet between Walt and Holly got me, plus the shot of the baby in the fire engine. Shocking yet emotional television. I feel that there is some humanity left in Walt, Heisenberg hasn't truly taken over. His confession to Jesse was very dark indeed, as was his call to Skyler, but part of that was all an act, he has absolved her of any wrongdoing.

Rather fitting the episode is titled Ozymandias:

quote:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

He built an empire, and by the end of this episode, there was nothing left. Two more episodes... I don't think I can take the stress any longer, I want the finale now!

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 554
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 3:22:18 PM   
Lang

Is Walt going to save Jesse!?....someones got to!!

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 555
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 3:48:00 PM   
galvatron

Immense television.

Gutted that Hank got killed. He was awesome. Good to see Junior getting something to do for a change!

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 556
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 5:43:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Walt comes back and saves Jesse, Jesse kills Walt.

T H E E N D

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 557
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 6:31:13 PM   
Reidy

That was intense to say the least. Walt at his chilling best, truly epic viewing.

Post #: 558
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/9/2013 7:06:53 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

T H E E N D

This is what I'm thinking too.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 559
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 7:46:05 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Literally had tears in my eyes during some moments. The scene in the toilet between Walt and Holly got me, plus the shot of the baby in the fire engine. Shocking yet emotional television. I feel that there is some humanity left in Walt, Heisenberg hasn't truly taken over. His confession to Jesse was very dark indeed, as was his call to Skyler, but part of that was all an act, he has absolved her of any wrongdoing.

This paragraph sums up my exact thoughts on the episode. Oscar winning baby acting. I also think there's something redemptive showing through in Walt even amid his new experimenting with naked evil. It was like this new dalliance with an antichrist persona was a grief reaction. Some kind of bitter compensation. The scene with the phonecall was sooooo good from a writing and acting perspective in its see-saw between vile unreasoning and some sense of instant regret as it was going on. I'm so bitter I just want to get rid of these thoughts but I'm not sure how much of it I believe myself. He obviously blames Jesse for Hank's involvement. Which on the basis of the last two episodes is technically obvious, but over the entire past history of his criminal life Hank was just as obviously going to be involved in his fall. I think it's this sense which will re-occur with Walt and I also think he will come back for Jesse. This return of conscience was perfectly seeded in the Holly abduction.

It continues to be perfectly self-contained. Endless inner complexities but contradictions that are instantly recognisable via the acting, direction and scripting. The manic morass of Breaking Bad, the hysterics of predicament make it such a giddy thrill and its always mining gravitas and depth at the same time. I think that's what makes it so special. The juggling act.

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 16/9/2013 7:47:48 PM >

Post #: 560
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 8:51:18 PM   
Sway

My face just exploded. I've never felt as many emotions watching any episode of tv ever.

I'm so angry and upset right now! I can't even articulate what I thought of that.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 561
RE: Breaking Bad - 16/9/2013 9:40:04 PM   
Captain Black

On Netflix, didja get to here* hear Hank tell Uncle Jack to go fuck himself? Cos that word was deleted from the US airing. And honestly, aside from that great line and Cranton's usual level, I don't think the Hank's death had the impact it should have done for me -- possibly due to the cliffhanger from the previous episode and the week long wait. Everything propelled from that though worked like gangbusters though. Walt's spiteful "I watched Jane die" line was a brilliant, organic way for that piece of information to come out. Most valuable player award? Giving it to RJ Mitte; he's never really been asked to do a whole lot (aside from eat breakfast of course), and thought he did a lot of heavy lifting in his scenes.

*Spelling, d'oh!

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 17/9/2013 8:44:00 PM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 562
RE: Breaking Bad - 16/9/2013 10:04:53 PM   
jcthefirst

Yup, we got a 'fuck' from Hank.

So to speak.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 563
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 10:20:23 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Rather fitting the episode is titled Ozymandias:

quote:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

He built an empire, and by the end of this episode, there was nothing left. Two more episodes... I don't think I can take the stress any longer, I want the finale now!

Me too, the White house scene was absolutely heartbreaking in its tragedy.

Post #: 564
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 11:14:02 PM   
paul_ie86

I loved the phone call. As much as it's a great piece of writing and acting in and of itself, I also think that it's a reaction to those who hate Skyler because think the show is just about Walt being a badass and she's a "bitch" for being in his way doing that.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 565
RE: Breaking Bad starting on Five USA - 16/9/2013 11:14:05 PM   
pythonlove

"You're the smartest guy I've ever met, and you're too stupid to see he made his mind up ten minutes ago."

Way to go out, ASAC Schrader.

It's amazing how many professional critics reviewing the episode online completely missed the entire point of the phone call. It evidently went over a lot of people's heads...even though he tells her she will "end up like Hank" if she doesn't behave...which we know has nothing to do with reality.

< Message edited by pythonlove -- 16/9/2013 11:29:09 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 566
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/9/2013 8:34:03 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

Yeah I too joined just for that last episode, a girl in work said she did the same. I'm going to keep it though, and cancel Lovefilm which is a shame LF has been really good for me with its vast arcane library of wonderfulness. I'm just in a year long phase of not being that into film as I have been. Netflix is offering a candy box of tv treat streaming. Since monday I'm balls-deep in House of Cards US which I'm actively loving to bits, and the word on Orange is the new black has been strong everywhere so that's next.

Interesting you say that as I'm not overly impressed with Netflix compared to Lovefilm. The film selection is rubbish in comparison & for me the TV ain't much better. I am appealed by House of Cards however, curious to see how it compares to the British original.

Not that it's a first for this show, but Cranston was fucking amazing in that episode.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

T H E E N D

This is what I'm thinking too.

I have doubts. I think the resin & heavy duty weapon might well be intended for potentially everyone; Todd and the nazi cousins, Laura Fraser and associates (if any)...and Jessie.

Pointing him out from under the car & the Jayne confession suggest he's become the figure of blame for Walt's entire predicament (particularly Hank's death), although perhaps his time away and newly grown hair change that?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 567
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/9/2013 9:12:04 AM   
Chief

Walt will die at the end. I'm convinced that his hair growth in the flash-forwards is down to him giving up on chemo because he's in full on 'don't give a fuck anymore' mode. He's lost the family that he was doing it all for in the first place.

He may go on a mission to retrieve the rest of the money that was taken from him, kill everyone, get the money back to Skyler then get killed by Jesse. Maybe.

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 568
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/9/2013 10:01:12 AM   
homersimpson_esq

The hair growth is probably more down to not wanting to be recognised as a nationally wanted man for drug production and multiple homicide. Just a thought.

But holy fuck that was an intense episode.

Still doesn't beat that one Game of Thrones episode for single holyfuckness, but Breaking Bad is consistently just the single best thing on TV right now. If it doesn't drop the ball in the last two episodes (and there's nothing to suggest it will) then it's going to the top of my TV list. Above BSG.

The way I see the next two episodes going is a montage early on that takes us to effectively the flashforward time. With Walt in Saul's criminal protection programme, and him assuming that he has gone some way to absolve Skyler of guilt, and that Jesse is dead, the tension is largely gone for him. There'll be a crystal blue persuasion style montage to take us up to date, as it were. And then most of the last two episodes will be in that time. Unless the last episode is a special double length finale (fingers crossed) in which case delay the flashforward to then.

Of course, the single thing you can predict about Breaking Bad is that it will be unpredictable, so fuck knows.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 569
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/9/2013 10:11:52 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Still doesn't beat that one Game of Thrones episode for single holyfuckness, but Breaking Bad is consistently just the single best thing on TV right now. If it doesn't drop the ball in the last two episodes (and there's nothing to suggest it will) then it's going to the top of my TV list. Above BSG.

Breaking Bad has the advantage of no-one having read a book about aforementioned holyfuckness though.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 570
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI