Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 5:28:33 PM   
justfontaine

So, is everyone clear on what Jesse's revelation actually was? At first I was thinking that he was flipping out because he was missing a cigarette, then it dawned on me that he wasn't and he was simply making a connection between the pick pocketing by Huell this time around and the last time around in season four when he first suspected it. I'm losing my mind thinking about this.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 481
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 7:07:49 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Yeh, because Hank turns it off when he comes in. Then Saul thinks he's turning it off but must've turned it on.

Ah. I thought Saul just checked to make sure it was switched off and turned it around. Didn't realise he switched it back on again.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 482
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 7:15:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: justfontaine

So, is everyone clear on what Jesse's revelation actually was? At first I was thinking that he was flipping out because he was missing a cigarette, then it dawned on me that he wasn't and he was simply making a connection between the pick pocketing by Huell this time around and the last time around in season four when he first suspected it. I'm losing my mind thinking about this.

He figured out it wasn't Gus that poisoned Brock but Walt.

I'm guessing Walt gets home just in time to stop Jesse setting fire to everything as we know the house is run down in the future but not a burn out.

(in reply to justfontaine)
Post #: 483
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 8:57:30 PM   
Sway

quote:

I thought Jesse's breakdown to Walter in the desert was one of the saddest moments the show has ever had. It kinda stripped away all the comedy and bravado of Jesse and left him out in the cold with who he really is; Someone who has made a few bad choices yes, but overall someone who has been neglected and manipulated by those he thought cared for him.

There was a clip of him go-karting in the first half of S5 (or latter half of S4?) that for me really summed up what you've said about Jesse there.

It was so heartbreaking. So much anger and pain.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 484
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 10:10:13 PM   
Captain Black

The guy playing the waiter was great.

The fake confession was just audacious writing. I bet everyone watching's faces weren't all that different to Hank and Marie's!

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 485
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 12:42:39 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

The fake confession was just audacious writing. I bet everyone watching's faces weren't all that different to Hank and Marie's!

I had a similar reaction to the one I had at Lily of the Valley.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 486
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 6:46:42 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVq_4BA5DQ

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 487
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 7:43:59 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVq_4BA5DQ

Genius.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 488
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 9:12:24 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Yeh, because Hank turns it off when he comes in. Then Saul thinks he's turning it off but must've turned it on.

Ah. I thought Saul just checked to make sure it was switched off and turned it around. Didn't realise he switched it back on again.

Just re-watched it, that's exactly what happened, he checked it was off and turned it around.

And having re-watched the scene even if he had turned it back on, nothing incriminating was said.

A great episode this week after two disappointing episodes the weeks before.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 489
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 9:19:04 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I've also noticed something that's been bugging me of late, this show seems to pay real attention to the tiniest of details, it makes sure everything is right and factually correct.

Yet why does Heisenberg/Walt have a beard during chemo? He loses his hair but his beard keeps growing? My experience of chemotherapy (that being family members who have undergone it) have all lost every hair on their body, from arm hair, to eyebrows and even eye lashes, in quite certain his facial hair would have fallen out also!

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 490
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 27/8/2013 10:35:31 PM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I've also noticed something that's been bugging me of late, this show seems to pay real attention to the tiniest of details, it makes sure everything is right and factually correct.

Yet why does Heisenberg/Walt have a beard during chemo? He loses his hair but his beard keeps growing? My experience of chemotherapy (that being family members who have undergone it) have all lost every hair on their body, from arm hair, to eyebrows and even eye lashes, in quite certain his facial hair would have fallen out also!

he has a full head of hair in the flash forward scenes.....

He throws up after chemo....in the same style as gus did to throw up the poison he ingested in season 4

I doubt his cancer is as serious as it was before.......is he using it as a cover.....given his actions in the past he is more than capable

#6 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

PS Tag Riddle_Me_This

'Winter is Coming'

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 491
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 28/8/2013 9:55:33 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

He figured out it wasn't Gus that poisoned Brock but Walt.

Jesse already knew it wasn't Gus. At the end of Face Off (S4) when hes on the roof with Walt, he says that the doctors had informed him that Brock had definitely ingested Lilly of the Valley, which children are known to have done due to its berries. As Jesse had helped Walt kill Gus and Tyrus for something they didnt do he looks visibly unnerved in that finale. But he justifies the act to himself as retribution for everything else Gus had done. Remember, Jesse says to Walt on the roof top but Gus had to go right? But whatever else Gus had done, the actual reasoning for Jesse getting involved in his killing was pure manipulation by Walt.

As far as Jesse was concerned after that, the Brock poisoning was just an accident. Although his initial suspicions about Walt were 100% correct Walt talked him round saying Tyrus took it and knew about it due to the camera in the super lab.

So his melt down was a combination of having his original accusations confirmed, as well as having been played for a complete fool by Walt into helping kill Gus and Tyrus its just the straw that broke the camels back, as Jesse knows beyond any doubt that Walt killed Mike, who Jesse viewed as a father figure. He would also have realised that the poison cigarette just happened to have turned up when Walt was in his house.

Someone else brought this up elsewhere but is Walt wearing Todds jacket in the flash forwards!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 28/8/2013 9:56:10 AM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 492
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 28/8/2013 8:16:38 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Someone else brought this up elsewhere but is Walt wearing Todds jacket in the flash forwards!

Good spot. Thought I think Jesse had the same jacket once too...

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 493
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 28/8/2013 8:50:30 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

Looks different....

Also

Dean Norris has given the ending away!

Clicky!

Post #: 494
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 29/8/2013 10:46:37 AM   
pete_traynor

Could still be consistent with his behaviour though, even if its not the exact same jacket.

The Volvo he drives in S5A 1 was not the actual one Gus drove but Walt perhaps feels that having items similar enough to those hes killed will suffice.

I wonder if this habit will ever be explained. Are these traits/items acting as trophies of enemies bested or perhaps guilt? Perhaps he alleviates the guilt of murder by keeping something of that person in existence. Even something so small as removing crusts from bread or wearing a similar jacket.

Another thing that came up elsewhere that I had never noticed, the M60s subtle inclusion on the S5 poster. Could the location of this poster be the place where Walt makes his final stand? If so the hairs gone again. Or perhaps Im just reading too much into a simple piece of promotional material though

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 495
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 29/8/2013 3:43:52 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Could still be consistent with his behaviour though, even if its not the exact same jacket.

The Volvo he drives in S5A 1 was not the actual one Gus drove but Walt perhaps feels that having items similar enough to those hes killed will suffice.

I wonder if this habit will ever be explained. Are these traits/items acting as trophies of enemies bested or perhaps guilt? Perhaps he alleviates the guilt of murder by keeping something of that person in existence. Even something so small as removing crusts from bread or wearing a similar jacket.

It's just symbolism innit? Adopting their tics is just an allegory for the way he's turning into these bad people who he's killed (Crazy Eight, Gus, Mike). He couldn't have known that Gus places a towel under his knees when throwing up, but he does so anyway.

On top of that, I don't expect Todd will be dead before the flash-forward. My feeling is that him, Lydia and the Aryans are who Walt is coming back for with the M60.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 496
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 30/8/2013 9:19:13 AM   
squeezyrider

If Todd and the Neo-Nazis end up being the final antagonists I'd be cool with that. But what's impressive is how effectively they introduced them; so late in the game but yet you completely accept them. It was all in that one moment when Todd killed the kid in the desert,

Walt's ulitmate talent aside from the chemistry is his ability to adapt to any situation. He sees a person displaying a behaviour that fits what he wants to achieve and he models it, he becomes it. My personal theory is that the little habits that he picks up reflect the type of person he needs to be at that time. Or that ulitmately he is becoming an amalgamation of all the people he has had significant dealings with throughout his transformation and that it's this that makes him so successful.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

Post #: 497
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 30/8/2013 11:29:21 AM   
steffols

quote:

I thought Jesse's breakdown to Walter in the desert was one of the saddest moments the show has ever had. It kinda stripped away all the comedy and bravado of Jesse and left him out in the cold with who he really is; Someone who has made a few bad choices yes, but overall someone who has been neglected and manipulated by those he thought cared for him.

Does anybody have any theories on how all this will end?

That scene in the desert, when Walt hugs Jesse, I was shouting so loud! I suddenly felt this overwhelming protection for Jesse. I didn't want Walt touching him, I was getting quite irrational angry! I've never had that feeling from a TV show.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 498
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 2/9/2013 12:00:28 PM   
nutteronabus

Well, that was awesome.

You think youre so cultured because youve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 499
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 2/9/2013 10:01:14 PM   
Captain Black

For three hours straight all he talked about was something called Babylon 5.

While I guess there was no coming back from Jesse's realisation last week, I guess the ever deepening tragedy this week was that, ultimately, Walt did care about Jesse even at this stage (the only one who does), and it's Jesse himself who ends that.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 500
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 3/9/2013 5:45:47 PM   
demoncleaner

I liked the Skyler conversation in the hotel room whether Jesse was dangerous and if he'd ever hurt anyone before. Completely mirrored the now iconic conversation 'a man get's shot on his doorstep'. Mirrored obviously semantically but in terms of who they were speaking about the irony gave extra welt.

Interesting thing was watching it with a mate (besides watching it with my dad) and I've heard the sentiment that Skyler's annoying or that Marie's annoying. After watching this my friend referred to both Sky and Marie as Lady Macbeth figures. I haven't found that accurate at all. Far from opportunist megalomaniacs I think its a credit to the show that both Skyler and now Marie are acting quite sanely in the face of an insane scenario. I've found both of their stances and attitudes completely practical and actually moral when you add up the actions that portend fucked-up consequences for them both.

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 3/9/2013 5:50:27 PM >

Post #: 501
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 4/9/2013 1:04:38 PM   
jcthefirst

Oh, Jesse.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 502
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 4/9/2013 11:49:57 PM   
shool

Just caught up on this. Simply outstanding television.
Stand out moment over the last 4 episodes for me was the scene in the desert where Walt hugs Jessie. Incredible oerformance from Aaron Paul.
Its incredible how far his character has come.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 503
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 9:41:44 AM   
Chief

I've just caught up to the States so I'm safe to join this thread. Amazing TV, I could quite happily go back and watch it from the start.

My only problem was the leap Jessie made about the stolen ricin, I thought it was a bit lazy. Apart from that and the shape of Hule's head this has been the best thing I think I've watched.

I'm looking forward to the end to see what happens but I'll be gutted when it finishes.

Post #: 504
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 11:34:21 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I've just caught up to the States so I'm safe to join this thread. Amazing TV, I could quite happily go back and watch it from the start.

My only problem was the leap Jessie made about the stolen ricin, I thought it was a bit lazy. Apart from that and the shape of Hule's head this has been the best thing I think I've watched.

I'm looking forward to the end to see what happens but I'll be gutted when it finishes.

I'd didn't get that either, anybody smarter than me (everybody) care to clear this up...in English...slowly

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 505
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 11:58:38 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

I'd didn't get that either, anybody smarter than me (everybody) care to clear this up...in English...slowly

My take on it was: he noticed Hule had pick-pocketed his weed that he was taking on the journey, then he looked at his fag packet which reminded him of the ricin he had kept there to poison Gus (I think) but ended up poisoning the little lad Brooke (?) that he was close to for a while. He then somehow came to the correct conclusion that Hule had also pick-pocketed his ricin and passed it back to Saul and then Walt, and that's who actually poisoned Brooke.

I think. I just thought it was a lazy way to make that conclusion.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 506
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 12:52:44 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

quote:

My take on it was: he noticed Hule had pick-pocketed his weed that he was taking on the journey, then he looked at his fag packet which reminded him of the ricin he had kept there to poison Gus (I think) but ended up poisoning the little lad Brooke (?) that he was close to for a while. He then somehow came to the correct conclusion that Hule had also pick-pocketed his ricin and passed it back to Saul and then Walt, and that's who actually poisoned Brooke.

And then on TOP of that we also have to remember to factor that Brooke wasn't poisoned with the ricin.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 507
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 1:14:48 PM   
Peter Griffin

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jesse-breaking-bad-ricin-cigarettes.html

Clears things up...i think

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 508
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 8:18:25 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

quote:

And then on TOP of thatwe alsohave to remember to factor that Brooke wasn't poisoned with the ricin.

That's the biggest flaw in Jesse's realisation i think. He's somehow come to a conclusion that's wrong in it's detail but right in the overall big picture.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

Post #: 509
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 6/9/2013 8:39:04 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

quote:

And then on TOP of thatwe alsohave to remember to factor that Brooke wasn't poisoned with the ricin.

That's the biggest flaw in Jesse's realisation i think. He's somehow come to a conclusion that's wrong in it's detail but right in the overall big picture.

my folks have been on holiday so me and my dad are doing a double bill of confessions and rabid dog tonight. Explaining jesse's revelation is going to be a bitch alright. But Pete Griffin's link above has been great homework. It also describes two things about the ricin and jesse. Walt's flashforward shows the ricin is still in play and could be a defining motif...what if it never gets used but is so integral to a body count around it. I also think the most important thing about jesse's epiphany is the anger and grief at walt's manipulation. The ricin is true macguffin in other words.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI