Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 4:50:33 AM   
pythonlove

Another fast-moving episode. Jesse's story ties in nicely now. And I like the way they still find moments of black humor amidst all the escalating tension. This is on track to be a helluva' swan song.

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 451
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 7:37:59 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: pythonlove

Another fast-moving episode. Jesse's story ties in nicely now. And I like the way they still find moments of black humor amidst all the escalating tension. This is on track to be a helluva' swan song.

I can't watch it till tomorrow as i'm at the football tonight

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 452
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 6:07:17 PM   
Lang

What a frustrating way to end an episode.....a whole week to wait!!!!!!

The thing that is puzzling me....does Walter really have cancer??

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 453
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 8:03:15 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lang

What a frustrating way to end an episode.....a whole week to wait!!!!!!

I saw the time running down on netflix and was like, 'please let us see him speak to Jesse before it runs out'!

I've not been able to take my eyes off Hank for the past two episodes. The anguish, frustration, confusion and anger is all there on his face.

I do not want this tv show to end!!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 454
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 10:09:09 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 455
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 10:14:59 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

Yes, he was getting chemo in Blood Money.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 456
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 10:27:24 PM   
Lang

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

This is true...but he is fit n healthy in the flash forward moments.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 457
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 11:02:30 PM   
beebs_

In the flash forward from the first part of the season wasn't he still taking some kind of tablet? In the loo in the diner?

Anyway...

They leave us just wanting to see the one scene we don't see eh? Jesse! Will you form that unthinkable alliance?

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Lang)
Post #: 458
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/8/2013 11:21:02 PM   
James2183

Great episode. They're not fucking around are they with the pace? The slap was brilliant!

Seems a good indication as to why Walt is carrying around the heavy arsenal in the first episode - he's a wanted man to make the meth for Matt Damon and co.

Can't wait for next week

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 459
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 20/8/2013 12:26:25 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

But he could beat it again… if it is back.

But I think the Czech contingent are going to insist that Lydia and her new found white supremacy chums get Walt cooking again. Whilst Todd’s is better than what’s doing the rounds, it’s nowhere near actual Blue Sky.

Having seen the amount of carnage these guys accomplished in 2 minutes, Walt may finally want out as opposed to having them on his back.

Whether the cancer is real or not, he can probably convince a lot of people that he’s passed away if necessary.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 460
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 20/8/2013 9:59:10 PM   
target

I dont think ive ever been this tense watching the last series of a tv show before. Normally i'm just hoping it will be a satisfying ending. But with this it on a whole new level. because I have no clue what to expect. Every time i think i know whats going to happen, it doesn't end up happening.

I was convinced he was going to run the toy car over. But nope.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 461
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 20/8/2013 10:23:41 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I saw the time running down on netflix and was like, 'please let us see him speak to Jesse before it runs out'!

I was thinking the same thing!

So good. Probably Dean Norris's Emmy submission episode, unless he gets even better stuff going forward.

I loved how it all played out; where each character decided on their loyalties and so on. Hank/Marie/Skyler all got great scenes to play; don't think we've seen a Hank & Skyler scene for a while (if ever, certainly not such a crucial part of the series).

Loved the way the show can turn the screw on all of the characters.

Hehe, Scrooge McDuck.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 462
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 20/8/2013 10:59:55 PM   
Sway

Who here is expecting a major character death by the end?

I originally thought they might kill Walter off somehow, but I'm not sure that would have the biggest impact. I then started thinking about thinking if they killed Jesse off, and well... shit. That would be terrible. That would have to be the most tragic character storyline ever.

I've not actually given too much thought to how everything is going to play out from here on - I'd rather not. I just want to watch it unravel and be surprised. So I don't even know how they would fit in a major character death, but I do wonder....

Also people are speaking about the fast pace - surely that's logical by now since we've already had the build up with the first half of this season. From here on in it's the showdown. We only have another 6 episodes left!

Ah, Jesse, Jesse! What's Hank going to say to him? Is he going to tell him he knows? Is Jesse going to react or is he too damaged? I NEED TO KNOW!!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 463
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 21/8/2013 4:47:17 PM   
pete_traynor

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 464
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 11:03:00 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

I originally thought they might kill Walter off somehow, but I'm not sure that would have the biggest impact. I then started thinking about thinking if they killed Jesse off, and well... shit. That would be terrible. That would have to be the most tragic character storyline ever.

In all honesty I'm dreading it, but totally expecting a cull of major characters that would make George R R Martin go "dude - too much!" Certainly most of the ones linked to the meth trade with a couple of innocents thrown into the mix for some poignancy (could Walt Jr have had his last breakfast? )

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 465
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 4:47:29 PM   
pete_traynor

He’ll be taking his breakfast in Belize from now on…

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 466
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 5:31:44 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

In all honesty I'm dreading it, but totally expecting a cull of major characters that would make George R R Martin go "dude - too much!" Certainly most of the ones linked to the meth trade with a couple of innocents thrown into the mix for some poignancy (could Walt Jr have had his last breakfast? )

A mate in work has suggested that Walt's Rycin is for himself. The cancer won't kill him so he's ensuring he'll be tatey bread a day after he does the terrible thing he feels he has to do...

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 467
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 5:53:21 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Got to say I've found the latest two episodes to be rather disappointing.

The way the cliff hanger was resolved was very anti-climactic, the lack of Jesse is understandable but takes away from the show as he is such a big character, and if I'm honest very little has happened in the last two episodes.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 468
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 7:47:55 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

A mate in work has suggested that Walt's Rycin is for himself. The cancer won't kill him so he's ensuring he'll be tatey bread a day after he does the terrible thing he feels he has to do...

That thought had actually crossed my mind too, but then I didn't really feel it would be in keeping with Walt's character. I also kinda think it would be bit of a let down if that happened.

I would hate it to be true, but my guess is that Jesse will peg it. If only because the majority of people are rooting for him to finally have a happy ending.

Post #: 469
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 22/8/2013 8:14:09 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

quote:

quote:

That thought had actually crossed my mind too, but then I didn't really feel it would be in keeping with Walt's character. I also kinda think it would be bit of a let down if that happened.

I would hate it to be true, but my guess is that Jesse will peg it. If only because the majority of people are rooting for him to finally have a happy ending.

Surely the show's greatest asset is that we'll never know what's in keeping with Walt's character.

I don't know...the guy that said it to me is a dick, but I've mellowed toward him somewhat because we have Breaking Bad in common. I liked the idea of the suggestion though, not so much in terms of what happens to Walt (the biggest compliment I can pay to the show is to say I don't like him anymore and I only care about the people he loves) but the piquant suggestion of what's he going to do that's so terrible is the hook for that suggestion...

I'm so respectful of this show's brilliance I don't have any instinct to wonder about what's going to happen (this is a first for second-guessing me). I'm just happy to be beguiled by the moods and tone of these final episodes (that is to say there's no pivotal caper plot points anymore..but that's ok). I didn't click on the links above about theory because I don't want to muddy the waters. The dude that spoke to me about it was obviously regurgitating a lot of the internet speculation and passing it off as his own profound insight....like "d'you notice the way Walt adopts the traits of the people he's killed?" Crazy 8's breadcrusts and a familiar jacket he's wearing. Dot. Dot. Dot.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 470
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 3:22:50 AM   
pythonlove

Whoa boy. The "confession" is absolutely brilliant. Also the desert scene. And Marie's suggestion. Shit is ramping up.

< Message edited by pythonlove -- 26/8/2013 3:24:48 AM >

Post #: 471
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 12:05:18 PM   
James2183

Anyone else notice Saul accidentally turned the camera back on in the interrogation room?

Team Hank all the way, bitches!

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 472
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 1:06:46 PM   
galvatron

Great episode. Good spot on the camera!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 473
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 1:18:48 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Anyone else notice Saul accidentally turned the camera back on in the interrogation room?

Team Hank all the way, bitches!

I never noticed! I just thought he turned it around.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 474
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 1:25:51 PM   
galvatron

Yeh, because Hank turns it off when he comes in. Then Saul thinks he's turning it off but must've turned it on.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 475
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 2:19:11 PM   
Reidy

Brilliant once more. The 'confession' was sensational stuff.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 476
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 4:19:51 PM   
justfontaine

I thought Jesse's breakdown to Walter in the desert was one of the saddest moments the show has ever had. It kinda stripped away all the comedy and bravado of Jesse and left him out in the cold with who he really is; Someone who has made a few bad choices yes, but overall someone who has been neglected and manipulated by those he thought cared for him.

Does anybody have any theories on how all this will end?

< Message edited by justfontaine -- 26/8/2013 4:21:13 PM >

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 477
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 4:50:31 PM   
pythonlove

quote:

ORIGINAL: justfontaine

I thought Jesse's breakdown to Walter in the desert was one of the saddest moments the show has ever had. It kinda stripped away all the comedy and bravado of Jesse and left him out in the cold with who he really is; Someone who has made a few bad choices yes, but overall someone who has been neglected and manipulated by those he thought cared for him.

I think Jesse and the baby will live...all bets are off on everybody else.

The desert scene was an amazing bit of acting on Aaron Paul's part. Has he won an Emmy yet?

(in reply to justfontaine)
Post #: 478
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 5:02:43 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: pythonlove

quote:

ORIGINAL: justfontaine

I think Jesse and the baby will live...all bets are off on everybody else.

The desert scene was an amazing bit of acting on Aaron Paul's part. Has he won an Emmy yet?

He has.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 479
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/8/2013 5:03:33 PM   
jcthefirst

That last ten minutes was so satisfying and incredibly heartbreaking at the same time.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 480
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI