Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/6/2013 1:05:57 PM   
Castor Troy

I'm currently re-watching it for the 2nd time in preparation for the finale. It's just too good. I think there was a quote in this months Empire feature about it being so expertly paced. It unfolds so naturally and nothing is without cause or reason. I've just finished Season 2 and there's just no unnecessary scenes or plots or episodes. Perfect.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 391
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/6/2013 3:19:31 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

"Hiya Ted.. who I am doesn't matter, what matter's is, you and I have to keep Hywel happy."

"Who's Hywel?"

"This is Hywel. Hywel, this is Ted. Hywel are you happy?"

"Reasonably."

Funnily enough, I have been rewatching S4 and S5 part 1 on the run-up to the new episodes and, yet again, that scene made me laugh like a loon And I probably said it before, but I'll say it again anyway - that final scene with Gus?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 392
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 8/6/2013 4:40:10 PM   
Juice Terry

I have just finished the first part of season 5 and all I can say is 'wow'. This is easily up there with The Wire and possibly even surpasses it in my list of favourite TV shows, sitting second only behind 24. Everything about Breaking Bad is just incredible. So good, in fact, that I think I might start watching it from the start again. I'm still undecided as to whether I want Walter to get caught. I think that I would, if it wasn't for the effect it would have on Walt Junior. Also, I certainly don't want Jesse or Saul to go down, which is a definite possibility if Walter does, though I'm inclined to think he wouldn't give anyone else up. Still, I do think he is a complete bastard. It's going to be a long couple of months to wait until the last episodes.

Better call Saul

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 393
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 14/6/2013 1:40:53 PM   
Sahara Desert

If you follow me on the Twitters, you'll know, but otherwise: bought S1 - S5.1 last Monday, started watching them last Wednesday and finished 5.8 on Monday night this week. Utterly, utterly gripped and unable to stop thinking about it now. I managed to avoid ALL spoilers, trailers, articles and features on it before I started; in fact all I knew was the premise and FUCK ALL else.

However since then, all I've pretty much done in my spare time is watch YouTube features etc., read as much press on it as I can lay my hands on... ANYTHING! This will be the one thing that makes me sign up to Netflix as soon as they get 5.2.

Just... OMG.

OMG.

@thesaharadesert

Smug Animals

Mine!

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 394
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 14/6/2013 1:59:01 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Just rewatching season 5 (or season 5 part one) after buying the blu ray last Friday. Unfortunately i don't feel differently about it and my initial feelings remain the same, ie Big disappointment and quite dull compared to previous seasons. I hope and pray that the last few episodes improve upon this.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Sahara Desert)
Post #: 395
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 14/6/2013 5:10:39 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Still don't understand why no channel is presently showing this in the UK?

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 396
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/6/2013 9:33:20 AM   
Captain Black

Several tried (F/X, 5US), but not enough people watched it.

Cue: I was a fan before it was popular!

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 397
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/6/2013 9:54:41 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Don't see why Sky Atlantic don't give it a go they've shown stuff I love like Friday Night Lights which surely can't get that big ratings?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 398
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 17/6/2013 12:26:51 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

The subject matter is such that most won't go near it.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 399
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 18/6/2013 4:20:04 PM   
Wild about Wilder

I think with The Wire, Game Of Thrones etc Sky Atlantic would be ok with it.

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 400
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/6/2013 8:37:33 PM   
big dawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

The subject matter is such that most won't go near it.

Rubbish

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 401
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/6/2013 9:05:38 PM   
Captain Black

No, he's dead on. 5 seasons in and we -- who are all smart and well-adjusted TV watchers of fine taste -- have been riding a wave of its dramatic impact, but consider the earlier episodes which set the scene. They're, black humour aside, almost relentlessly bleak (Walt's gonna die! He has no money! He has a family and a disabled child to support!) and one episode pretty much involves him weighing up the pros and cons of killing a guy. It was a very good show even in its earliest episodes, but actually getting people to watch? Two channels showed it, and while numerous agruments could be made (I recall 5USA's scheduling was abysmal) about outside factors like marketing, it's certainly not the easiest show in the world to attract an initial audience. How many of us were watching at the start? I know I took a break before coming back to it.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 402
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/6/2013 9:42:01 PM   
big dawg

Im afraid I don't agree. ..sorry

I can believe things that are true and I can believe things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not

Gamertag - SqualorVic

Post #: 403
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 19/6/2013 11:12:11 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Oddly enough, the Irish language channel are showing it over here, but they've a habit of buying in less mainstream stuff and HBO et al's output, so it's not too surprising to see it pop up on TG4. The rest of the networks on this side of the pond? They may have some bleak stuff, but invariably it's shows that have been pretty universally accepted like Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire (surely it's now fairly mainstream after an initial cult-like following), and then all of that is counterbalanced by vampires, zombies, procedurals, etc. Breaking Bad has a strong fanbase, but hasn't really seeped into the public imagination. It's on Netflix now, I'm guessing that's more of a deal rather than a 'hey, let's promote it on a streaming service' thing. A show that shows pretty much step by step how to make meth? It is a hard sell.

See here for Vince Gilligan's take on pitching it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9mtPhZEJoQ

Or, I could be confusing rocks with minerals.

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 19/6/2013 11:14:47 PM >

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to big dawg)
Post #: 404
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 20/6/2013 2:13:25 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

The Sopranos

Oddly enough, I remember channel 4 pissing about with it when it came to airing the final two or three seasons.

Historically, network TV in the UK just isn't a good place to watch a drama series from start to finish, so it's no surprise to me that a show like Breaking Bad hasn't settled here. Just trying to explain the concept to my uninitiated friends is proof enough that it's a tough sell.

In other news, 7 & a half weeks to go!

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 405
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/7/2013 11:17:35 AM   
film man aidy

Having just finished the first half of season 5, I'm now absolutely desperate to see the final 8 episodes. I know it starts in the states in 4 weeks, but where does that leave UK viewers? The idea of waiting until next year for the final box set is unthinkable!
Arguably the finest tv drama ever produced. Quality, quality, quality. Bit of a latecomer to this series, but now recommend to anyone who'll listen. If you haven't seen it yet, why not?

And on a final note to producers - please give Jessie the happy ending he deserves. That is all.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 406
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/7/2013 2:15:04 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

Having just finished the first half of season 5, I'm now absolutely desperate to see the final 8 episodes. I know it starts in the states in 4 weeks, but where does that leave UK viewers? The idea of waiting until next year for the final box set is unthinkable!
Arguably the finest tv drama ever produced. Quality, quality, quality. Bit of a latecomer to this series, but now recommend to anyone who'll listen. If you haven't seen it yet, why not?

And on a final note to producers - please give Jessie the happy ending he deserves. That is all.

It's certainly a long wait! I torrent the day after it shows in USA then buy the DVD when released here.

Also, here's a teaser for the second half of series 5. Intense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSS8zz5IWgo

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 407
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 16/7/2013 3:43:21 PM   
paul_ie86

There was a two-month wait from the Breaking Bad 5a finale to it appearing on Netflix last year.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 16/7/2013 3:48:03 PM >

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 408
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/7/2013 12:36:25 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Netflix UK & Ireland ‏@NetflixUK
It's almost time to cook - the final season of #BreakingBad is coming to Netflix on August 12. New episodes every Monday.
https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/360690473754570753

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 409
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/7/2013 1:28:46 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

Netflix UK & Ireland @NetflixUK
It's almost time to cook - the final season of #BreakingBad is coming to Netflix on August 12. New episodes every Monday.
https://twitter.com/NetflixUK/status/360690473754570753

On the earlier debate whether or not it would get picked up for broadcast over here, Vince Gilligan himself addressed the issue in Empire's Breaking Bad interviews (which make fascinating reading for fans of the show):

quote:

I am surprised to this day that Breaking Bad has lasted as long as it has. I'm surprised it ever went on air in the first place. As I often say in interviews, on paper it doesn't make sense that Breaking Bad ever got made, because it is about a middle-aged man who very quickly in the first episode finds out that he's dying of cancer, and then decides to go cook crystal meth to make money. Those are three big strikes: middle-aged guy - typically in American TV, you want somebody very youthful and handsome and definitely not middle-aged - and then the dying of cancer is a downer, and the meth angle is just preposterous... I am amazed that this show ever went on the air.

OK, since then it has gained high critical acclaim and a very loyal following, but it still doesn't alter the fact that its a hard pitch to a channel.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 410
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/7/2013 1:47:06 PM   
jonson

The wife bought me season 1-5 on bluray for my birthday. I have yet to watch a single episode, but very excited considering one my friends (who has similar taste to me) described it as the best thing has seen on TV, ever!
As good as TWW? I hope so.......

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 411
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/7/2013 1:55:44 PM   
sharkboy

As good as TWW?? Blasphemy!! In truth I don't consider it quite as good, but it's easily the closest a show has came to threatening TWW's position at the top since The Wire

WWLD?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 412
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 26/7/2013 1:58:01 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

As good as TWW?? Blasphemy!! In truth I don't consider it quite as good, but it's easily the closest a show has came to threatening TWW's position at the top since The Wire

Excellent. I didn't think it would be quite possible.
Ironically, it is the 5th series of The Wire we've just started, so Breaking Bad will follow (unless we decide to watch TWW for the 4th time )

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 413
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 29/7/2013 2:01:55 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Yep, I'd have TWW, TW & BB at the top

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 414
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 4/8/2013 6:58:27 PM   
benmharper

I originally watched S1 of this when it was first shown on F/x but never saw any more until 3 weeks ago. Got myself the S1-3 set and started from the beginning again. I ordered s4 by the time i was a few eps in and got s5.1 off iTunes. I've watched the lot in 3weeks and its amazing. So many nerve shredding moments.

Thankfully I've only a week to wait until the final episodes start

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 415
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 8/8/2013 2:50:08 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

If you're in need of a snack whilst watching, I recommend this:

Clicky!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 416
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 8/8/2013 3:24:56 PM   
Saltire

Rewatching the whole saga in anticipation of the finale, watched all of season one last night, will try to get as much of the rest of the seasons done before the new episode airs!!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 417
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 10/8/2013 9:37:42 PM   
Sway

Can't believe it's almost here.

Am I right in saying it's airing in the U.S tomorrow, so won't be available for us until Monday?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 418
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 10/8/2013 9:51:03 PM   
Captain Black

That's right.

The internet's obviously gone Breaking Bad mad in the build up, so there are many pieces about the show, but I really enjoyed Matt Zoller Seitz's retrospective look at each season.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/seitz-on-revisiting-breaking-bad-season-one.html

http://www.vulture.com/2013/07/seitz-on-revisiting-breaking-bad-season-2.html

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/matt-zoller-seitz-revisits-breaking-bad-season-3.html

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/matt-zoller-seitz-revisits-breaking-bad-season-4.html

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 419
RE: Breaking Bad - US Speed - 10/8/2013 9:59:48 PM   
Sway

I'm kind of glad I've been away for the past couple of days, because I think if I hadn't been busy I'd be tearing my hair out with waiting.

I can't believe we're almost at the end. I actually remember the exact moment I sat down and watched the first episode three years ago. I also remember eating an awesome toasted ciabatta (pastrami, swiss cheese and mustard mayo) during the bath tub/acid scene and feeling thankful that nothing puts me off my food.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI