Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 6:27:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I asked this question on my Facebook after the latest episode but I thought I'd post it here as well. Has there ever been a bigger cunt of a character in a TV Series than WW? There's a few contenders but I'm struggling to find a more dispicable human being....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 331
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 7:24:39 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I asked this question on my Facebook after the latest episode but I thought I'd post it here as well. Has there ever been a bigger cunt of a character in a TV Series than WW? There's a few contenders but I'm struggling to find a more dispicable human being....

Ralphie from The Sopranos? Of course, you know from the very start that he's an evil, horrible bastard

I kind of felt sorry for Walt at the end of the episode, believe it or not. He's finally got blood on his own hands and it seems to have shocked him. It was almost as if he'd been traumatised by what he'd just done (committing murder with his own hands) and reverted to the old Walt, the one who had a conscience and actually gave a shit about people. His realisation that he could have simply gone to Lydia was like he'd just seen the pointlessness of all of his actions over the past year. I wonder will he come to sincerely regret his actions now? The intro to the first episode of this season would suggest that this is a possibility, with Walt's sad comment about the town having a good science museam seemingly pointing to him wanting his old life back.

Too little too late, perhaps.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 332
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 10:03:31 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Clay from Sons is a detestable cunt!

Although Walter has now turned into this monster (which actually makes the quote in my title feel very relevant -"You were supposed to be a monster, now I'm the fucking beast. There's blood on my hands from what you made me do"), I'm still kind of secretly half hoping things work out for him, simply because I was rooting for him for so long. Like Furry says, I think his actions this time have really hit home due to the direct responsibility for this death. So it'll be interesting to see what happens now. The fall out from this if/when Jesse finds out will be huge.

Clay from Sons on the other hand, has no redeemable features. And I've never rooted for him - he's a nasty piece of work.

Also, from Reddit -

I had been thinking this myself!

< Message edited by Sway -- 29/8/2012 10:31:43 AM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 333
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 1:19:22 PM   
talpacino

^ Brilliant. I'm glad he's getting a decent part, he's great in FNL.

Ralph is a good shout for the horrible bastard award. Not short of contenders in The Sopranos anyway. I can't even think of anyone from The Wire, they all have some sort of redeeming feature.

I don't think Walt is evil, I just think he's been playing a game since his diagnosis and thinks he's a lot bigger and more powerful than he is. He's a fucking idiot and nowhere near as in control of anything as he thinks he is. He might be a genius but he's an incredibly stupid genius.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 29/8/2012 1:20:04 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 334
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 6:50:39 PM   
Captain Black

I wish he was called Lance.

May be remembering incorrectly, but the last scene with Walt is probably the only time this series the old Walt, as in non-Heisenberg persona, has appeared this season.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 335
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 7:27:57 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Ralph is a good shout for the horrible bastard award. Not short of contenders in The Sopranos anyway. I can't even think of anyone from The Wire, they all have some sort of redeeming feature.

Don't remember this cunts redeeming feature....

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 336
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 10:26:14 PM   
talpacino

I even had time for Marlo, fearless bastard.

Went to see Total Recall tonight (it's ok). Good to see Bryan Cranston breaking out and getting some bigger roles from this.

So only one more episode before the break, anyone got any idea how long we have to wait for the second half of the season?

Currahee!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 337
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 10:41:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

I even had time for Marlo, fearless bastard.

Went to see Total Recall tonight (it's ok). Good to see Bryan Cranston breaking out and getting some bigger roles from this.

So only one more episode before the break, anyone got any idea how long we have to wait for the second half of the season?

TOO LONG

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 338
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 10:44:54 PM   
talpacino

I know, it's gonna be a horrible wait only made worse by the empty feeling I'll have when the show ends. I get far too into some shows.

Currahee!

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 339
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 29/8/2012 11:09:51 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

I kind of felt sorry for Walt at the end of the episode, believe it or not. He's finally got blood on his own hands and it seems to have shocked him. It was almost as if he'd been traumatised by what he'd just done (committing murder with his own hands)

Have you forgotten "run" already?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 340
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 30/8/2012 4:00:30 AM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

I kind of felt sorry for Walt at the end of the episode, believe it or not. He's finally got blood on his own hands and it seems to have shocked him. It was almost as if he'd been traumatised by what he'd just done (committing murder with his own hands)

Have you forgotten "run" already?

Ooooh yeah. Huh. I guess you could argue they were kid killers and it was in defense of Jessie who they were just about to kill. Fair point though.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 341
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 7:11:30 AM   
furrybastard

*** EPISODE 5.8 SPOILERS ***

And it all comes tumbling down...

Overall I was a little torn by this episode. On the one hand it had all the things that make BB a great show but for some reason it didn't all come together as well as it usually does. Maybe it's because so much time passed within one single episode and consequently so much changed in Walt's attitude and life. It felt a little sudden for Walt to be extricating himself from the business (and could it really have been that easy?)

Wonderful last scene, of course. Having a eureka moment on the toilet makes a lot of sense for Hank

*** END SPOILERS ***

So when is the next episode?

Post #: 342
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 4:00:15 PM   
paul_ie86

Next July I think.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 343
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 7:31:09 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Next July I think.

You are fucking kidding me.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 344
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 7:35:27 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

Next July I think.

Whaaaaaattttttt????

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 345
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 7:57:37 PM   
Chojin

The wait is going to be awful

Can't wait to see how they open the next season and the confrontation.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 346
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 8:40:40 PM   
Reidy

Brilliant episode. And at the same time upsetting that we have to wait for nearly another year.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 347
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 10:00:16 PM   
talpacino

quote:

Next July I think.

Currahee!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 348
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 3/9/2012 11:59:51 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

Next July I think.

You are fucking kidding me.

Nope

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

quote:

Next July I think.

Whaaaaaattttttt????

NEXT JULY I THINK.

quote:

quote:

Next July I think.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 349
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 4/9/2012 1:57:08 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Spoilers

So many oh shit moments in this episode! The prison killing montage, Jesse and the bag (in fact nearly that whole scene was incredibly tense, especially when Jesse sunk to the ground with the gun after Walt left), the ricin reveal after the conversation with Lydia and of course THAT FUCKING ENDING. This show really is just incredible, and waiting until next year is going to be painful

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 350
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 4/9/2012 7:46:45 AM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

The wait is going to be awful

Can't wait to see how they open the next season and the confrontation.

After thinking about this for a bit i've come to the conclusion that Hank doesn't actually have very much hard evidence against Walt. There's a lot that could be dug up, but hasn't been.

Other than the notebook what does he have? I'm sure after this finale Walt will be put under investigation and things like the spider-jar will come to light but i'm not predicting the epic confrontation early next season I initially expected. Hank is smarter than that and will play it cool.

Gonna be tense!

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 351
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 4/9/2012 1:53:47 PM   
TheSpleen

Loved the episode and hate how long the bloody wait is till I get more. I agree Hank won't go barging in accusing Walt. It'll be slow and methodical.

However, judging by the cold opening of S05, there's something huge bubbling under all this that will eventually get insane.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 352
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 4/9/2012 5:14:00 PM   
vad3r

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 353
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 5/9/2012 9:16:48 PM   
shool

I thought this was a great episode. The montage killing scene was disturbing.

Long wait now commences.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 354
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 5/9/2012 9:31:24 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I lol'd

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 355
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 5/9/2012 9:45:10 PM   
vad3r

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 356
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/9/2012 12:43:27 PM   
donethinking

I've not long started watching from season 1, now half way thru season 2, very good it is too, the only thing that bothers me is stuff like how did Hank track down jesse's car to tooco's uncles place in the desert ?? unless i missed something it seems impossible!
anyway other than that its great!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 357
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/9/2012 12:46:43 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

I've not long started watching from season 1, now half way thru season 2, very good it is too, the only thing that bothers me is stuff like how did Hank track down jesse's car to tooco's uncles place in the desert ?? unless i missed something it seems impossible!

Lojack

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 358
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/9/2012 1:18:43 PM   
homersimpson_esq

donethinking, I'd be wary of posting in here until you've seen them all so far, just because there will be spoilers right to the most recent episode, and you REALLY don't want it spoiled.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 359
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 6/9/2012 1:47:37 PM   
donethinking

I hear ya Homer! I'll stay away then but tell me whats Lojack mean ?

rawlinson!?

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI