Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 16/7/2012 9:35:50 PM   
Captain Black

Yeah, bitch! Magnets!

Enjoyed it a lot (maybe that's an obvious statement!). Really tense at times, and some really funny moments too - particularly Jesse's line I've quoted above, and Saul. Obviously the cold open will get a lot of the discussion; particularly how Walt in the present is now this super confident villain, and yet further down the line he's obviously a broken man, maybe in his last days (it's two years after the pilot apparently, when Walt was 50). Splitting the season is interesting in this respect: is that scene going to be at the end of this batch of 8 episodes or hold over to the next? The evidence locker/magnets stuff was a little silly, but given how bonkers the rest of the show frequently is, that's not really a problem. Good to have Mike back and involved right from the word go.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 271
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 16/7/2012 9:43:52 PM   
paul_ie86

SPOILERS

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

So, yeah, slow burn start. I missed the bit which said how far into the future the bearded Walt was at the start?

I think it wasn't shown

quote:

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to Ted to land him in hospital with such severe injuries.

When Skylar confronted him about the money she gave him, he slipped on a rug and cracked his neck on a countertop, iirc

quote:

Another talking to Saul, "we're over when we say we're over". Overused, that one.

Played well by both actors though.

< Message edited by paul_ie86 -- 16/7/2012 9:45:19 PM >

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

Post #: 272
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 16/7/2012 9:47:16 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Yeah, that exchange is really good. Saul reminded me of a dog cowering in the corner when it knows it's done something wrong. The way he couldn't look at Walt. Really showed the change in dynamic of their relationship.

I half expected someone to question how magnets work...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 273
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 17/7/2012 10:15:25 AM   
shool

So glad to have this show back. Great start.

Yeah, Bitch. Magnets!!

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 274
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 17/7/2012 12:08:04 PM   
talpacino

Gah! She's making me wait until Friday to watch the new episode.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 275
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 17/7/2012 8:40:38 PM   
paul_ie86

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 276
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 17/7/2012 9:07:08 PM   
Reidy

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

That is outstanding.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 277
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 20/7/2012 3:05:37 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

SPOILERS

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
quote:

Also, I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to Ted to land him in hospital with such severe injuries.

When Skylar confronted him about the money she gave him, he slipped on a rug and cracked his neck on a countertop, iirc

quote:

Not quite, it was when saul sent round his two goons to make ted write out the cheque to the irs. He wrote the cheque and then tried to run away, then tripping on the rug

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 278
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 20/7/2012 3:07:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Buggered up the quote boxes but you get the idea. Skylar visited ted first then went to saul to send the boys in. Ted running away from skylar would be a bit odd

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 279
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 23/7/2012 1:55:03 PM   
shool

Another great episode.

I had seriously sweaty palms. This programme genuinely makes me stressed (in a good way)
Also Mike is amazing.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 280
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 23/7/2012 10:12:39 PM   
Reidy

Mike has always been effortlessly cool. But seeing Walt with Skyler tonight was extremely chilling, even more so than last week.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 281
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 24/7/2012 6:16:10 PM   
Captain Black

Mike's awesome, great to see him get the bulk of an episode. Jonathan Banks plays him with such world-weariness. And that scene with him and Hank in the interrogation room was top notch.

"You are a timebomb, tick-tick-ticking, and I have no intention of being around for the boom."

The cold open was amazing too (in a complete different way to last week's, which I'm surprised there weren't more comments about) - so unexpected and funny.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 282
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 24/7/2012 9:29:43 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Excellent episode.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 283
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 26/7/2012 12:54:24 AM   
furrybastard

That last scene was dusturbing as hell.

Post #: 284
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 31/7/2012 10:44:08 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Episode 3 SPOILERS

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Ok, so yeah. Nice to see them back in the swing of things. I like the new setup: I'm never going to see ET the same again, the meth cooking little crim.

Walt's rather chilling, "Mike manages the business............and I manage Mike..." was excellent.

Skyler's breakdown at Marie was sublime.

I loved Mike's little speech to the Vaminos Pest guys. "You want names for these guys? They're Yessir, and Nosir." After Mike had said they weren't to speak to them unless they were spoken to, and then that young guy spoke to Walt, since Walt took the kid's name, I do wonder if he's going to be punished or something...

The series is coming along nicely.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 285
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 1/8/2012 6:35:59 AM   
furrybastard

Great episode. It was over far too fast!

I didn't quite understand Walt's story/threat at the end though. Was it directed at Jessie? What exactly was he getting at? (I was pretty tired when watching it!)

I think that kid (Todd?) will have a more substantial role. He had a pretty big part in Friday Night Lights so I'm assuming the actor isn't taking an insignificant part in the show

Post #: 286
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 8/8/2012 8:43:16 PM   
homersimpson_esq

EPISODE 4 SPOILERS BELOW
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Seriously, is nobody else watching this?

Anyway, the watch ticking at the end: was it just me, or did that final tick sound more like a camera shutter?

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 287
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 8/8/2012 9:57:39 PM   
Captain Black

It's the sound of a gun hammer according to the official podcast.

Directed by Rian Johnson, the fourth episode. Pretty stylish, even by Breaking Bad's standards (although without using some of its trademark shots).

It's crazy that all of the events of the show are packed into a year up to this point (as Marie mentions!), but I'm not really bothered by that.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 288
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 8/8/2012 10:00:23 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

From episode 3.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

Post #: 289
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 8/8/2012 10:03:11 PM   
Captain Black

That's so cool.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 290
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 9/8/2012 7:33:20 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Seriously, is nobody else watching this?

I am & i love it.
It's also going the way i thought it might with Walt becoming the kingpin but it's going to be interesting to see what **spoilers** drives him into hiding.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 291
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 9/8/2012 9:47:23 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

It's the sound of a gun hammer according to the official podcast.

Directed by Rian Johnson, the fourth episode. Pretty stylish, even by Breaking Bad's standards (although without using some of its trademark shots).

It's crazy that all of the events of the show are packed into a year up to this point (as Marie mentions!), but I'm not really bothered by that.

Yeah I was shocked when they mentioned that the diagnosis was only a year ago. So much has happened.

I was wondering about the watch. Was it just a reference to Mike's time bomb line or was Jesse stinging Walt with something? Hmmmmm..

I can't believe we're half way through this season already, well, this half of this season.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 292
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 9/8/2012 8:38:41 PM   
furrybastard

I actually found it a little hard to believe that everything that happened took place in just a year. It doesn't seem believable to me that Walt would go that bad that fast.

Another good episode. A lot of character work being done in these episodes. Really enjoying all the scenes with Hank. The sooner Skylar's done away with, the better. Nothing against the actress but her storylines have been the biggest problem with the show since day one. Other than last season where it became mildly interesting when she was getting involved in (and secretly relishing) the criminal side of things, it really drags down the momentum of the show.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 293
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 12/8/2012 1:45:11 AM   
paul_ie86

Pretty cool representation of Walter's arc over his three birthdays.

Post #: 294
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 13/8/2012 8:00:18 AM   
MB2

Well. That was a punch in the gut.

Roxy: That's who we should kill next.
Frank: A fictitious character?
Roxy: No. Diablo Cody. Fuck her for writing that movie, she's the only stripper who suffers from too much self esteem.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 295
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 13/8/2012 9:04:25 AM   
Chojin

Yeah Bitch!

----------------------------

I do love those cryptic openings.

**********SPOILERS*******************

I did think the heist would turn into a series theme but it was turned around quickly in a nice tight single episode. I'm sure that a bolt was missed somewhere!

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to MB2)
Post #: 296
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 13/8/2012 8:38:13 PM   
homersimpson_esq

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 5 BELOW

That was one of the best 47 minutes of television in A LONG TIME. Seriously, THAT is how you do GREAT television. It had humour - "it's all about the weight, yo" - it had action, it had UNBELIEVABLE TENSION, and it had THAT ENDING. I had forgotten about the kid from the start, so when he appeared at the end, I knew shit was going down. But I didn't expect Todd to go loco. Jesse's "NOO" was heart-wrenching.

Seriously, I am bowled over by how fucking amazing that episode was.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 297
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 13/8/2012 9:08:03 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Fucking hell, that ending...

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

Post #: 298
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 14/8/2012 12:11:58 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Yeah, agreed with the above posts, this was an unbelievable episode, and literally adds another HOLY SHIT moment in the history of a show full of them.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 299
RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th - 15/8/2012 8:12:18 PM   
Reidy

A truly shocking ending. The heist scenes were packed with 'will they won't they' tension, and then that ending really packed a punch.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Breaking Bad US Speed - Series 5 premieres July 15th Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI