Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Green Lantern

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Green Lantern - 29/3/2011 2:35:36 PM   
The Hooded Man

Is anybody else finding it weird how little coverage or word of mouth there is around Green Lantern?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 121
RE: Green Lantern - 29/3/2011 3:19:22 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Is anybody else finding it weird how little coverage or word of mouth there is around Green Lantern?

Very - it opens in June right? Captain America's a July opening and has just started ramping up the publicity so I would have expected Lantern to have started something by now.

Then again the footage & details so far haven't been that warmly received I think so perhaps WB are fine tuning before they release a further trailer or footage seeing as it's a effects heavy film.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 122
RE: Green Lantern - 29/3/2011 4:49:35 PM   
The Hooded Man

It's interesting because this looks like a crucial film for DC / WB, the first they've released that isn't Batman or Superman and outside the nerd community it's got next to no presence or word of mouth. I know a lot of people had issues with WB over the marketing of Superman Returns, Bryan Singer being one, could we be seeing something similar here?

< Message edited by The Hooded Man -- 29/3/2011 4:50:29 PM >

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 123
RE: Green Lantern - 29/3/2011 6:17:52 PM   
darth silas

quote:

Where do you get this idea? Empire have been plugging this film for quite a while now.The trailer was released a good time ago so thats pretty much enough hype for a film that isnt out for a few more months yet.

Dont think il be seeing it to be honest,while i like my superhero films,the trailer did nothing for me and i cant really stand Ryan Reynolds.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 124
RE: Green Lantern - 29/3/2011 8:04:04 PM   
BatFan

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/03/warners-green-lantern-marketing-campaign-delayed-by-effects-work.html

As suspected, the reason the marketing has been non-existant is perfecting the effects which everyone complained about when the first trailer came out. The next trailer comes out at the beginning of May with Thor, expect to be assaulted with marketing for the month and a half leading up to the film's release from then on.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 125
RE: Green Lantern - 30/3/2011 9:10:34 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/03/warners-green-lantern-marketing-campaign-delayed-by-effects-work.html

As suspected, the reason the marketing has been non-existant is perfecting the effects which everyone complained about when the first trailer came out. The next trailer comes out at the beginning of May with Thor, expect to be assaulted with marketing for the month and a half leading up to the film's release from then on.

Called it

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 126
RE: Green Lantern - 30/3/2011 9:49:22 AM   
Rob

Also, and it is just a poster, but....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/161503-cinemacon-new-green-lantern-poster-spotted

The green looks a little darker and less "neon". Not sure if that will affect the film but interesting anyway...or not!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 127
RE: Green Lantern - 1/4/2011 9:39:37 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Always find it a bit disturbing when there's last minute adjustments to films such as has happened here with the extra scenes being introduced.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 128
RE: Green Lantern - 1/4/2011 9:48:07 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Always find it a bit disturbing when there's last minute adjustments to films such as has happened here with the extra scenes being introduced.

As far as I understand it, it's 'sprucing up' existing SFX sequences and not the 'introduction of new scenes and material', could be wrong.

Still very much looking forward to it.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 129
RE: Green Lantern - 2/4/2011 7:10:34 PM   
musht

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/greenlantern/
New wondercon footage looks great, didn't watch the whole thing as I do want some surprises in the movie

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 130
RE: Green Lantern - 2/4/2011 7:44:52 PM   
captainrentboy

Sadly I didn't think the new footage was all that.
It's the CG effects, they're distractingly cartoony/awful at the moment, and Green Lantern (Not a fan of the comics, so wasn't familiar with his backstory) as a whole seems a little bit too 'out there', when compared to other superhero stories.
I hope Campbell does pull it off, I've enjoyed most of his previous work and he really has a great eye for the action sequences. I'm also a fan of Reynolds and don't find his schtick annoying like a lot of folk.
But God damn, those effects need major scrubbing up.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 131
RE: Green Lantern - 2/4/2011 8:40:24 PM   
Marwood

Not impressed with the footage, think the design for Oa and Parallex are great but not much else really looks that interesting, plus even in short bursts I'm finding Reynolds really annoying which is odd because I actually think he's a decent actor generally. Nah, of all the superhero films out this summer Lantern really isn't doing it for me - perhaps Campbell can pull it off but nothing so far has really given me any thought that this will be worth a watch.

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 132
RE: Green Lantern - 2/4/2011 10:53:13 PM   
sanchia

It does sell it a bit more than the trailer did but as others have said there were times when it did look like a cartoon and it doesn't sell Reynolds in the role and I usually find him charismatic and watchable even in bad films.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 133
RE: Green Lantern - 3/4/2011 12:58:18 PM   
impqueen

I've watched the footage a couple of times now and you know what, I'm really excited, yes the special effects aren't super but I really like the scope shown. I'm a huge Green Lantern fan so I've been weary of this film, especially the casting of Reynolds and I still don't like the humour but along with Captain America this is top of my summer blockbuster list. I'm probably setting myself up to be disappointed but you never know, I liked Superman Returns and Star Trek way more than I ever thought I would.

Yes, always.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 134
RE: Green Lantern - 3/4/2011 2:12:43 PM   
Rob

Well that just made my weekend and probably my summer. Green Lantern is THE film for me this summer and I was beginning to get a little worried but that footage was stunning. Sure the effects still aren't the greatest I've ever seen but the whole atmosphere was perfect. Sinestro looks like he's just stepped out of the comics and I actually not goose-bumps when he said the oath...sad but very true!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 135
RE: Green Lantern - 3/4/2011 9:39:13 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I think it looks great, i think the FX looks great, love the look of the whole thing really

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 136
RE: Green Lantern - 4/4/2011 1:26:19 PM   
lukeyboy

Just to jump on the bandwagon - i too feel a bit more optimistic now i've seen the Wondercon footage. I think it's gonna be a blinder!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 137
RE: Green Lantern - 5/4/2011 10:09:23 AM   
JIm R

Never had a doubt. Knew it would rock, for me the first trailer was aweseome as well.
Post #: 138
RE: Green Lantern - 5/4/2011 10:30:42 PM   
Murray_Futterman

I've watched it a few times now and am quite impressed. I'm intrigued enough to go and see it when it opens - I wasn't before...

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 139
RE: Green Lantern - 8/4/2011 9:26:41 AM   
Wild about Wilder

The story seems a bit more fleshed out now but the FX still look a bit on the ropey side I mean Sinestro looked like he'd been created on someone's laptop.

(in reply to Murray_Futterman)
Post #: 140
RE: Green Lantern - 12/4/2011 4:38:23 PM   
musht

Ryan Reynolds fully kitted out,

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76361

looks great!! the one qualm I'd have with it is the feet, what if he's wearing shoes like . . . that's very nit picky, as a non-comic reader I'm very happy with this look

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 141
RE: Green Lantern - 12/4/2011 5:13:22 PM   
The Hooded Man

That looks so rubbish it's not even funny, looks so fake that he could from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 142
RE: Green Lantern - 13/4/2011 9:20:28 AM   
Marwood

quote:

That looks so rubbish it's not even funny, looks so fake that he could from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Agreed, I like the idea of this being a big sci-fi comic book film but nothing they've shown yet is giving me any hope - this summer is full of risky superhero adaptations imo but GL looks like not only the riskiest but honestly the one most likely to crash. I hope it's good and a big hit because of the possibilities it opens for the scale of future films in this sub genre but nothing released is raising much faith. I never thought I'd say this after The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine but X-Men: First Class is looking far more promising.

Post #: 143
RE: Green Lantern - 13/4/2011 10:00:24 AM   
bid red mcneil

Must admit dont know that much about the green lantern, seen the trailer and must admit i am looking forward to it.

sometimes comic book heros are rooted in everyday life such as spiderman etc.... however green lantern seems so far out there, so fantastical that its good to see something as ambitious as this.

It may look like a computer game from the trailer, but i personally dont care, a man in a green leotard, flying through the galaxy to another planet - whats not to like

"That was irrational of you... not to mention unsportsmanlike."

"Well it appears to me that there can't be too many guys driving around this valley with an ape."

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 144
RE: Green Lantern - 13/4/2011 11:26:29 AM   
lukeyboy

I think it looks alright considering the suit is meant to be created by the ring for the wearer as opposed to something that was knocking around in the Green Lantern's changing rooms. The feet look wierd though - he needs boots!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to bid red mcneil)
Post #: 145
RE: Green Lantern - 20/4/2011 1:16:34 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Just saw Trailer on the big screen for the 1st time yesterday & am still not overly impressed by the FX on show.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 146
RE: Green Lantern - 25/4/2011 6:33:35 PM   
TheGreenPlanet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Interesting.... I'll wait till I see the full trailer before making assumptions, but I was looking forward to this.

I think the CGI has improved massively since the first pix were released

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 147
RE: Green Lantern - 4/5/2011 5:41:50 PM   
Rob

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167187-the-new-green-lantern-trailer

New trailer is up and it looks great. We get to hear Kilowog and have our first glimpse of the Guardians. Can't wait.

(in reply to TheGreenPlanet)
Post #: 148
RE: Green Lantern - 4/5/2011 7:16:22 PM   
sanchia

That said the brief glimpse of Blake Lively as Carol Ferris is not very reassuring, but then from a few lines it is difficult to tell.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 149
RE: Green Lantern - 4/5/2011 8:04:19 PM   
needa bigger boat

The mask still looks really naff to me but the rest of it looks good, will probably see it but won't be overly upset if I miss it.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI