Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Green Lantern

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Green Lantern - 6/10/2010 1:27:49 PM   
Rob

This might just be the most pointless post I've ever made but the official website for the film is now up:

http://greenlanternmovie.warnerbros.com

...and there is absolutely nothing there.

Hopefully we'll get something soon.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 61
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 10:04:04 AM   
Rob

I realise that I'm pretty much talking to myself here but I will continue unabated!

Anyway our first look at the power battery can be found here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109021-first-look-at-the-green-lantern-power-battery

Different to what I was expecting but a nice mix of traditional and alien so reasonably happy with it.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 62
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 10:15:17 AM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

I realise that I'm pretty much talking to myself here but I will continue unabated!

Anyway our first look at the power battery can be found here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109021-first-look-at-the-green-lantern-power-battery

Different to what I was expecting but a nice mix of traditional and alien so reasonably happy with it.

I'm listening dude! There has just been fuckall news on this recently..........

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 63
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 2:22:01 PM   
Rob

I know, it's been very slow recently. Well at least next month the trailer is being released with Harry Potter.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 64
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 3:04:48 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I saw a trailer for this last week at a screening of The Social Network.

It looked alright but the trailer was full of explosions and noise and made it quite hard to understand a lot of things going on.

Still looked fun though!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 65
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 4:22:53 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

I know, it's been very slow recently. Well at least next month the trailer is being released with Harry Potter.

Is it?

Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 66
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 4:40:15 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

I saw a trailer for this last week at a screening of The Social Network.

It looked alright but the trailer was full of explosions and noise and made it quite hard to understand a lot of things going on.

Still looked fun though!

Just realised what a comic book based faux pas I made there.

I saw the trailer for the Green Hornet

Sorry for the confusion!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 67
RE: Green Lantern - 20/10/2010 6:06:47 PM   
sanchia

Well slap your wrist and call you Jane.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 68
RE: Green Lantern - 13/11/2010 1:05:06 PM   
BatFan

first footage from the film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrBwKMxhtXQ&feature=player_embedded

looks cgi-ey

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 69
RE: Green Lantern - 13/11/2010 1:09:45 PM   
Snake-Eyes

yeah, yeah. still won't be s**t compared to GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 70
RE: Green Lantern - 13/11/2010 11:51:07 PM   
Timon

Interesting.... I'll wait till I see the full trailer before making assumptions, but I was looking forward to this.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 71
RE: Green Lantern - 14/11/2010 4:54:58 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I still think the mask looks a bit iffy, but otherwise I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: Green Lantern - 14/11/2010 7:03:02 PM   
Vadersville

Ryan reynolds is so miscast here. Hal Jordan is one of the more serious superheroes. He'd have been perfect as The Flash not Green Lantern.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 73
RE: Green Lantern - 15/11/2010 4:38:33 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Ryan reynolds is so miscast here. Hal Jordan is one of the more serious superheroes. He'd have been perfect as The Flash not Green Lantern.

Agreed that Reynolds is more suited to The Flash than The Green Lantern, but i still think he is a good fit for Lantern nevertheless!

And i would have to disagree that Hal Jordan is one of the more serious superhero aliases, he's more in the middle somewhere. He's more serious than Wally West or Barry Allen yes (and Billy Batson), but Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Carter Hall, John Jones even Princess Diana (no not that one)? No! And they're just the ones from the DC universe........

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 74
RE: Green Lantern - 16/11/2010 12:08:37 PM   
Rob

Hmmmmn. Not quite what I was hoping for we'll hopefully see a bit more when the full trailer hits. I know it's only 30 seconds but it just looks a bit amateurish.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 75
RE: Green Lantern - 16/11/2010 1:10:15 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Don't agree he's more serious than Barry with all the playing the field he's done apart from when he was Parrallax? sorry I know i've spelt that wrong & obviously he's more serious than the teenage boyscout that is Billy Batson.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 76
RE: Green Lantern - 16/11/2010 1:29:14 PM   
Marwood

Have to say it's killed any expectation I had - Batman and Superman aside I'm more of a Marvel fan really but was curious about Green Lantern as a bit of reading up suggested it could be something really different.

Hopefully the ET sneak isn't really selling what the film really is and just pandering the X-Factor crowd (flashy! comedy! Reynolds in pants!) but can't say this brief snippet suggests a good film.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 77
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 2:23:36 AM   
Craigy2606

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71620

I'm not sure how many people have seen this yet - but looks like the first Green Lantern Trailer is up. I'm not sure what to make of it at the moment.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 78
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 7:23:29 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

looks great!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Craigy2606)
Post #: 79
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 8:57:36 AM   
JIm R

looks frackin' awesome, happy boy

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 80
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 9:08:06 AM   
Rob

A massive sigh of relief compared to the ET preview. Good stuff. Sinestro looks spot on as well.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 81
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 9:41:00 AM   
lukeyboy

Yep, ......i'm liking it! The effects look a bit on the dodgy side and i'm not completely happy with the suit, but that may change with time and a bit of spit and polish from the studio. I think it looks like loads of fun and Ryan Reynolds is probably the most watchable actor going - he could carry a film about paint drying! ......I'm in!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 82
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 11:59:40 AM   
JIm R

I can't understand why the CGI'ed the mask, why not go for a prosthetic or latex build ? Suit I can understand but the mask looks strange, still loving it all, but just weirded me out on the choice of direction in producing an integral part of the costume.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 83
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:08:41 PM   
darth silas

The trailer has me on the fence.It just looks a bit too..jokey.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 84
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:17:42 PM   
impqueen

I love Green Lantern; I always had it when I collected comics, along with Silver Surfer, X-Men, Spiderman (moved on quickly from him though) Batman, Green Arrow, Superman and Dr Strange. I have to say though this trailer isnít all that thrilling, I much prefer the fan made trailer featuring Nathan Fillion. However we shall see but I am far from convinced.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 17/11/2010 12:19:50 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 85
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:28:02 PM   
BatFan

I like it. Yeah the suit needs a little work cgi-wise and it's got a bit more humour from what I thought there would be but this looks like your old classic satuday morning, Good guy hero fights the villain, gets the girl, saves the world kind of film. And i'm really liking that, plus it's good to see a superhero film where (it looks like) the world is in jeopardy, most comic book films have the lead villian threaten someone close to the hero or the city at most, now the whole world is at stake. The only thing that looks like it might be a problem is Blake Lively, that one line she had was uber-wooden.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 17/11/2010 12:29:14 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 86
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:34:29 PM   
Rob

I made a few people in the office watch it to get their non-geek opinion and they thought it looked great. Just the right amount of humour and action. I suppose that's what WB are going for as they know the fans will be there on opening day so are clearly trying to appeal to the masses.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 87
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:42:59 PM   
JIm R

quote:

I made a few people in the office watch it to get their non-geek opinion and they thought it looked great. Just the right amount of humour and action. I suppose that's what WB are going for as they know the fans will be there on opening day so are clearly trying to appeal to the masses.

Which with a character like GL is always going to be hard as their knowledge beyond Superman, Batman and Spiderman is limted. Next year with three films in rapid release, there should be the opportunity to widen the appeal.

As WB have said, this is their 'Iron Man', GL is a very strong character as he has sci-fi context as well as direct comic book links so will appeal to the fantasy fan set as well.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 88
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 12:58:40 PM   
BatFan

Next year could be the make or break year for alternative superhero films. Green Lantern is a universe spanning space oprea, Thor is a fantasy/sci-fi film about gods, and then we have two period superhero films with Captain America being the pulp 40's adventure nazi punching machine and X-Men First Class being a 60's pop art superhero film (That's how Matthew Vaughn described it anyway).

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 89
RE: Martin Campbell to direct? - 17/11/2010 1:04:00 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

Next year could be the make or break year for alternative superhero films. Green Lantern is a universe spanning space oprea, Thor is a fantasy/sci-fi film about gods, and then we have two period superhero films with Captain America being the pulp 40's adventure nazi punching machine and X-Men First Class being a 60's pop art superhero film (That's how Matthew Vaughn described it anyway).

I think Captain America will be the one to suffer from Thor, GL and CA.

X-Men will be okay because of previous knowledge based on Singer's work.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI