Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Green Lantern

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Green Lantern - 10/5/2009 10:47:29 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Are there any actual fans of the comic here who don't just care about filling a 'Summer Movie' slot...?

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 31
RE: The Green Lantern - 13/5/2009 11:03:38 AM   
Rob

What I want is a film that's done right.  I love the character and think that if they get it right it could be huge.  If that means they have to take extra time to do so then so be it.  It makes sense for it to be released in the summer in order for it to grab as much money as possible and that can hopefully be re-invested to make future installments in what could be a huge space epic.

Bradley Cooper / Chris Pine - both work for me.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 32
RE: casting - 15/5/2009 12:58:12 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

I don't know what little birdie has been speaking to you but I read on aintitcool that Gosling has been offered the role 3 times and each time he turned it down. It was also offered to Emile Hirsch but he also turned it down and it was offered to Sam Worthington but he couldn't do it because it clashed with his filming if the Clash Of The Titans remake.

Just a small piece of info here, it starts shooting in September
http://www.superherohype.com/news/greenlanternnews.php?id=8177

Another bit of news on this. It seems (as Batfan hinted at earlier) that Sam Worthington has had a few meetings with regards to taking the role of Green Lantern. That'd be cool with me!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/greenlanternnews.php?id=8333

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 33
RE: casting - 15/5/2009 1:07:52 PM   
BatFan

Maybe because it's been pushed back, maybe the filming's been pushed back too so Worthington can play Hal, if he wants to.

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 34
RE: Storylines?! - 27/5/2009 5:25:38 PM   
sanchia

Anyone seen the fan trailer? Spot the films and tv series they have borrowed scenes from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 35
RE: The Green Lantern - 27/5/2009 5:39:01 PM   
Timon

That's actually rather good. Love the casting.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 36
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 12/7/2009 6:43:29 PM   
Timon

Fillion's agent must be so crap. He has this huge online following, even Empire suggest him for every role yet somehow he never gets them. If I was Nathan, I'd fire him asap and get in Ariel Ehmanuel (the real Ari Gold).

Ah well, there's always the Uncharted movie....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 37
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 12/7/2009 7:35:01 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Fillion's agent must be so crap. He has this huge online following, even Empire suggest him for every role yet somehow he never gets them. If I was Nathan, I'd fire him asap and get in Ariel Ehmanuel (the real Ari Gold).

Fillion is kind of a cult actor though. Outside of the internet, he's a guy who had a failed TV show and a bit part in Desperate Housewives, you can see why he got overlooked by the execs.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 38
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 12/7/2009 9:31:23 PM   
Timon

Pfff. I bet that's what they said with Clint Eastwood and Rawhide....

That's right, I compared Eastwood and Fillion....

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 39
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 12/7/2009 9:37:48 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Pfff. I bet that's what they said with Clint Eastwood and Rawhide....

That's right, I compared Eastwood and Fillion....

That's a bit harsh, Timon. At least Fillion can act...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 40
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 16/7/2009 7:55:32 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Ryan Reynolds..... Ok. who knows, I might be proven wrong and this could turn out to be a great film - I don't like to sound so negative at this early stage; it's much easier to slag films off at times. I still say that GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT will kick ass...

[image]http://bluraymedia.ign.com/bluray/image/article/971/971482/green-lantern-first-flight-20090409111711759_640w.jpg[/image]

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

Post #: 41
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 20/7/2009 11:21:20 PM   
Rich Empire

Good choice with Ryan Reynolds playing the mighty green one in my opinion.
He's got the on-screen charisma that few leading dashing young men have these days.
It's going to be a special fx orgy, but hey it's a big ol' summer blockbuster.

Hope all is well,
Peace.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 42
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 20/7/2009 11:25:03 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

Fillion is kind of a cult actor though. Outside of the internet, he's a guy who had a failed TV show and a bit part in Desperate Housewives, you can see why he got overlooked by the execs.

He also has the handicap of being an extremely one dimensional actor, which is overlooked by the legions of Serenity and Firefly fanboys, with their mancrushes / dippy eyed adoration.  He just ain't that good I'm afraid - and that's the subjective opinion of a non bias spectator.  Sorry guys.

Post #: 43
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 21/7/2009 7:46:44 AM   
Timon

How very dare you!

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 44
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 4/8/2009 12:09:39 AM   
SoapyKC

Good choice of Ryan Renyolds for the Lantern, though I haven't seen him in too many movies. I have high hopes for this film.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 45
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 16/7/2010 9:27:16 AM   
Timon

So those new Green Lantern photos. Pretty cool eh?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67978

(in reply to SoapyKC)
Post #: 46
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 16/7/2010 9:37:46 AM   
JIm R

V V good feeling about this.....

Four Stars I reckon.....

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 47
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 16/7/2010 10:23:30 AM   
pete_traynor

Can this fail? How can this fail! Come on WB, continue to show us how a studio should treat their comic book properties. Leave the hacking duties to Marvel Studios

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 16/7/2010 10:24:11 AM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 48
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 18/7/2010 7:29:13 PM   
doubtlesswonder

The only thing I find odd about the casting is using Blake Lively as the love interest. I don't know a great deal about the Green Lantern, but doesn't Carol Ferris become a pretty big character in her own right? I haven't seen much of Gossip Girl, but she never really struck me as a fantastic actor. She seems a little out of place here, for me.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 49
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 19/7/2010 11:45:34 PM   
kumar

tadaa
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103999-here-is-ryan-reynolds-as-green-lantern

]im not really all that convinced, but i never am with first pics.

< Message edited by kumar -- 19/7/2010 11:46:46 PM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 50
RE: Nathan Fillion IS Green Lantern - 26/7/2010 12:01:38 PM   
Timon

I can't wait. Reynolds, Strong and Martin Campbell.

Hopefully Thor and Cap. America will be as good.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 51
Green Lantern - 26/7/2010 2:42:16 PM   
Rob

Campbell has said that the costume is a work in progress but even then I like this photo. I also think Reynolds is perfectly cast.

The footage from SDCC seemed to be a tiny bit underwhelming by all accounts but I'm not at all worried as everything I'm heard from Campbell, Reynolds and Geoff Johns seems to be that they are doing this one right. Put simply I can't wait.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 52
RE: Green Lantern - 27/7/2010 2:40:22 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I had my doubts about Ryan Reynolds as I wasn't sure if I could accept him in a serious role. The same goes for Chris Evans as Captain America. However, I think he's ideal and I am very much looking forward to seeing the trailer. Whenever it is due!

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 53
RE: Green Lantern - 28/7/2010 3:48:39 AM   
KeithM

Goods interview with Mark Strong about playing Sinestro and about the movie.  Of all the things said, written or shown about this movie so far, this interview with Strong is by far the most reassuring (or maybe that's just the effect he has).

http://vimeo.com/13669719

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 54
RE: Green Lantern - 28/7/2010 1:23:50 PM   
Rob

Really good interview. He speaks very eloquently about the movie and seems quite passionate about it.

Has anyone seen this...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/07/comiccon-2010-green-lantern-and-the-wideeyed-kid-sweet-emotion-or-staged-promotion.html

< Message edited by Rob -- 28/7/2010 1:30:04 PM >

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 55
RE: Green Lantern - 29/7/2010 12:20:18 AM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Really good interview. He speaks very eloquently about the movie and seems quite passionate about it.

Has anyone seen this...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/07/comiccon-2010-green-lantern-and-the-wideeyed-kid-sweet-emotion-or-staged-promotion.html

AHHHHH! Thankyou, I've been wanting to see a clip of that since I heard about it. I don't think the kid was a plant at all, but it's good to know that Ryan Reynolds knows the oath by heart, it shows he's taking it seriously, I think.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 56
RE: Green Lantern - 29/7/2010 10:53:25 AM   
relativelyrelative

It would appear empire doesn't though, as they're displaying the posters in the wrong order. hehe.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 57
RE: Green Lantern - 29/7/2010 11:08:16 AM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: relativelyrelative

It would appear empire doesn't though, as they're displaying the posters in the wrong order. hehe.

if non ask believers me ask you

(in reply to relativelyrelative)
Post #: 58
RE: Green Lantern - 17/8/2010 9:41:12 AM   
lukeyboy

Time to start getting excited methinks - Latino review recently posted pics of Kilowog and today have posted some pics of Tomar-Re!

Fill yer boots!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/first-picture-of-kilowog-out-for-warner-bros-green-lantern-10784

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/first-look-at-tomar-re-from-green-lantern-10850

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 59
RE: Green Lantern - 17/8/2010 4:07:25 PM   
Rob

Both look great. I'm re-reading Secret Origin and it is only whetting my appetite for this even more. Geoff Johns seems extremely positive about what he's seen so far as well and whilst I'm well aware that he probably has to say that, it's still good to hear.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Green Lantern Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI