Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: EXORCIST III Legion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: EXORCIST III Legion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 8/2/2010 8:27:41 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

I remember stumbling across this years ago, when I still lived with my parents. They had a tv in the kitchen, and it came on channel 4, just as I was about to go to bed. I watched the first couple of minutes and ended up sitting in the kitchen watching it all the way through. I was amazed at how good it was as I remember watching the second not too long before it.

The less said about that, the better.

I actually caught this not too long ago, but only half way through, but still, its a top film.

You really should get yourself a copy of this to sit along side THE THING,as one of the top Horror movies of the 80's/90's.Both well written and great scripts for the actors to get there teeth into,just watching Flanders and Scott makes this a classic.

After reading over this thread, I went and bought the box set! I know that 1 & 3 are the only decent ones, but it was just as cost effective!

Gret to hear this thread had the effect of getting you to buy it,and i've found most get it that way,as you said cost effective.I got the region 1 USA edition on DVD.Hopfully they release it on Blu Ray soon????

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 31
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 8/2/2010 8:44:14 PM   
juanvasquez

I contemplated getting the R1 version, but the R2 was cheaper.

Its been something I've been toying with getting for a while, and having not seen The Exorcist since it was re released, I really want to see that again. And 3 is just an awesome film. As I say, this thread finally persuaded me!

And I'm sure they'll be on Blu-ray soon enough.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 32
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 9/2/2010 12:38:14 AM   
Sad Professor

quote:

quote:

quote:

I remember stumbling across this years ago, when I still lived with my parents. They had a tv in the kitchen, and it came on channel 4, just as I was about to go to bed. I watched the first couple of minutes and ended up sitting in the kitchen watching it all the way through. I was amazed at how good it was as I remember watching the second not too long before it.

I actually caught this not too long ago, but only half way through, but still, its a top film.

You really should get yourself a copy of this to sit along side THE THING,as one of the top Horror movies of the 80's/90's.Both well written and great scripts for the actors to get there teeth into,just watching Flanders and Scott makes this a classic.

After reading over this thread, I went and bought the box set! I know that 1 & 3 are the only decent ones, but it was just as cost effective!

Paul Schrader's Exorcist taken together with the Renny Harlin one is kinda interesting if you're into how two different guys can make the one film.

Legion is fantastic but that final reel is such a cockblock.

Post #: 33
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 9/2/2010 7:14:43 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sad Professor

quote:

quote:

quote:

Paul Schrader's Exorcist taken together with the Renny Harlin one is kinda interesting if you're into how two different guys can make the one film.

Legion is fantastic but that final reel is such a cockblock.

Well as we said before the final reel was tacked on by Morgan Creek/Warner Bros,they took Williams work and added an Exorcist scene to justifie calling it Exorcist 3.He was forced under his contract to do this,but it was rushed as it's release date was closing in fast,you can noticed this big time when during the final scene Morning's body vanishes and reappears. The originally-shot climax of the film, which much closer to the ending of Legion the book, can be glimpsed in the theatrical trailer, in which Karras/the Gemini is shown "morphing" through a variety of faces.

(in reply to Sad Professor)
Post #: 34
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 9/2/2010 7:18:07 PM   
Sad Professor

Fed up tae fuck of not having the proper endings on films!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 35
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 10/2/2010 6:12:30 PM   
juanvasquez

My box set arrived today.

The Exorcist is a flipper disc. Is one side widescreen and one side 4:3, or is one the original cut and the other the DC?

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Sad Professor)
Post #: 36
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 10/2/2010 6:58:49 PM   
evil bill

quote:

My box set arrived today.

The Exorcist is a flipper disc. Is one side widescreen and one side 4:3, or is one the original cut and the other the DC?

One side is widescreen,that's the way it is on my The Exorcist DVD,it has a good introduction by William Friedkin too and making of if it's the same disc.You see i got the special edtion box with a book included,but i believe the box set is the same disc,all region 2 UK.

< Message edited by evil bill -- 10/2/2010 7:01:06 PM >

Post #: 37
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 5/6/2010 9:41:27 PM   
Sutty

y'know i watched this recently and was completely underwhelmed. wanted so much to like it but... just didnt do it for me.

i dunno if i have to go back and watch it again in a different mood or what.

Do i need help? Cause all I hear are good things about this movie.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 38
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 6/6/2010 2:56:10 AM   
BlueBalls

I love this film.

It's definitely my favourite film of the series. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation
I declare undying love to BlueBalls.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 39
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 6/6/2010 4:43:19 PM   
rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

y'know i watched this recently and was completely underwhelmed. wanted so much to like it but... just didnt do it for me.

Yes,you need help. Ya mad bastard.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 40
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 6/6/2010 8:36:23 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

Were you watching the ward scene and I mean really watching it? Very few scares I've had like that and I think a lot of people feel the same

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 41
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 7/6/2010 11:02:04 PM   
Sutty

The Ward scene was, admittedly, pretty fucking awesome! And yeah Brad Dourif was pretty intense. But on a whole the movie just didn't seem to register to me as a classic. It felt disjointed and half baked. I really thought it was going to be...more.

I will go back and watch it again though... just in case I am indeed mad.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 42
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 8/6/2010 5:15:01 PM   
Sphinx

Dare you to watch the church scene on your own! If that don't get you you're pretty much immune to the rest of the film!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 43
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 8/6/2010 6:26:23 PM   
evil bill

quote:

The Ward scene was, admittedly, pretty fucking awesome! And yeah Brad Dourif was pretty intense. But on a whole the movie just didn't seem to register to me as a classic. It felt disjointed and half baked. I really thought it was going to be...more.

I will go back and watch it again though... just in case I am indeed mad.

I've said before many times,the ending is tacked on and it shows,but overall the movie is a cult classic sequel to The Exorcist,and a great stand alone chiller.I'm sure a repeated viewing will get you to admire the great script,and the fact Blatty is a great underrated director.So enjoy.
quote:

Sphinx
Dare you to watch the church scene on your own! If that don't get you you're pretty much immune to the rest of the film!

A great opening that sets the mood for the rest of the film.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 44
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 9/6/2010 6:07:54 PM   
Sphinx

See I did watch it alone, I dunno eight, ten years ago now - I was ever so slightly clinging to the chair....ever so slightly!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 45
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 9/6/2010 7:43:07 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

See I did watch it alone, I dunno eight, ten years ago now - I was ever so slightly clinging to the chair....ever so slightly!

I saw it in the cinema,and the reaction was the same ,people clinging to partners and seats,and then the almighty shit your pants Hospital scene. More than popcorn went up in the air.

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 46
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 31/1/2013 3:18:14 AM   
Sutty

Think I'm gonna give this bad boy a whirl at the weekend and see if my opinon has changed. I'm hoping I somehow grow or mature in to it. It's possibly the first time I have actually tried to like a movie. Think I'm getting shallow in my older age.
I have read the book recently and I liked that a lot. Very odd and atmospheric.
There were aspects of this film I enjoyed. Just don;t think my head was in the game the first time around. But the ward scene is frickin killer!!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 47
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 1/2/2013 1:50:54 PM   
great_badir

Some of its parts are amazing - the opening scenes have genuinely funny comedy and oodles of great character stuff with George C Scott and Ed Flanders, the middle section has great drama, mystery and scares. And the lead up to the climax is pretty thrilling.

I actually don't think the ending (as it currently is) is that bad, at least as far as tacked-on-by-the-studio changes go. Obviously it would be great to have the original back and get rid of the OTT Exorcism stuff, but it's still ten times better than any part of The Heretic, and five times better than any part of Renny Harlin's prequel (I've not seen Schrader's version yet).

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 48
RE: EXORCIST III Legion - 4/2/2013 6:35:13 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Some of its parts are amazing - the opening scenes have genuinely funny comedy and oodles of great character stuff with George C Scott and Ed Flanders, the middle section has great drama, mystery and scares. And the lead up to the climax is pretty thrilling.

I actually don't think the ending (as it currently is) is that bad, at least as far as tacked-on-by-the-studio changes go. Obviously it would be great to have the original back and get rid of the OTT Exorcism stuff, but it's still ten times better than any part of The Heretic, and five times better than any part of Renny Harlin's prequel (I've not seen Schrader's version yet).

It is by far the best of a bad bunch of sequels, and yeah even the tacked on over the top ending is decent enough, just a shame William Peter Blatty gave up directing, after the way the studio treated him. 

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: EXORCIST III Legion Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI