Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Duke Nukem Movie On The Way

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Duke Nukem Movie On The Way Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Duke Nukem Movie On The Way - 9/9/2008 10:21:15 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Oh Christ! - 9/9/2008 10:21:15 AM   
Tokkas100

Is it just me or does this sound like the worst idea ever?
Take a character that is an amalgamation of film characters and make a film about him. From a game very similar to Doom.
Should be interesting......sorry, meant to say, should be shit!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 10:23:30 AM   
britesparc

How can you not be excited? The only problem is who to cast... I'd go with a bleached blond Dwayne Johnson.

Post #: 3
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 10:32:05 AM   
matthewforan

COME GET SOME! I know I will.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 4
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 10:35:57 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: britesparc

How can you not be excited? The only problem is who to cast... I'd go with a bleached blond Dwayne Johnson.

Perfect casting, im sure he was mentioned last time this was thought about for a movie.
If its done tounge in cheek, major comedy angle this could work really well.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 5
- 9/9/2008 10:38:08 AM   
UTB

LOL this is bound to be shit but just the idea of it being any good is awsome.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm allllll out of gum.

Post #: 6
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 10:46:20 AM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: britesparc

Perfect casting, im sure he was mentioned last time this was thought about for a movie.
If its done tounge in cheek, major comedy angle this could work really well.

Agree with you here, if they do it in to serious a way it will just not work. Make it fun like the games were.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 7
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 11:00:36 AM   
kinge247

Bring it on, although Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson already did Doom.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 8
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 11:03:52 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: kinge247

Bring it on, although Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson already did Doom.

He wasn't the main hero though was he?

What about Dolph Lungren? If it was tongue in cheek enough (and it should be given the nature of the game), it could be a comeback...

(in reply to kinge247)
Post #: 9
RE: Shake it, baby - 9/9/2008 11:13:36 AM   
CORLEONE

If it takes as long as the game that's in development, we can expect to watch this in about 38 years.....

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 10
Shame on you, Empire! - 9/9/2008 1:49:40 PM   
Nicky C

If and when this movie released I expect that I will vomit a little into my own mouth and have to swallow it down. To make it worse, why don't they make a graphic novel of the videogame and adapt that! Then it would really be pointless. Try not to make too much noise, geeks, there are people next door watching proper films ... Idiots!

Post #: 11
You wanna dance? - 9/9/2008 1:49:54 PM   
Noelg25

Now this is NEWS!! NEWS I tell ya!! Oh yeah!! Baby bring it home! So lets see, I dont want Dwayne Johnson, he didnt give me much hope in Doom. I think a beefed up and blonde Karl Urban might work. I know he hasnt had the best of roles in the past years after Lord Of the Rings (Chronicles Of Riddick and Doom and Pathfinder), but this could work for him. Just dont do what they did to Doom...please for the love of God and all things Holy :)

Post #: 12
those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride - 9/9/2008 1:59:54 PM   
jameswhaleofatime

if they work as diligently on getting the movie out as they have on producing Duke Nukem Forever, then we can expect the film in the Summer of 2041

Post #: 13
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... - 9/9/2008 2:21:14 PM   
jpt1976

...and I'm all outta gum. With the games stalled in production I see this as a project that's gonna also stall. Who needs another duff game-to-film conversion?

Post #: 14
Ahnold Van Lundgren is needed here. - 9/9/2008 3:42:11 PM   
Adrian

Johnson? Urban? nonsense. we need to convince Arnie that politics is a bad move and cheesy videogame-based movies are the future. as wells as third conan movies.

though... .I'm not 100% sure on his acting credentials, but the guy who played Colossus in X-Men 3 (and 2 very briefly)? he'd be good physically.

failing that, i'm with Lundgren.... hmmm.. or why not Van Damme? not like he's never sported a daft mullet before. (when has he NOt sported a daft mullet?)

Post #: 15
Come Get Some - 9/9/2008 6:06:28 PM   
nan4bsb

OMG, I am so excited!!! I was addicted to this game, in fact I still have them all, I just don't have a computer old enough to play them anymore. I still try once in awhile only to have the computer choke. Dwayne Johnson would be a good choice to play Duke. I really hope this one materializes, and YAHOO to more games.

Post #: 16
Hail to the king baby............. - 9/9/2008 7:31:32 PM   
David Dvd 1988

This is the first ever game adaptation that i'm actually excited about

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/solrosin.aspx

< Message edited by David Dvd 1988 -- 9/9/2008 7:39:47 PM >

Post #: 17
Still waiting - 9/9/2008 7:57:23 PM   
Bluehawk

Still waiting for the next game...coming in the year 2045

Post #: 18
Take a valium or something - 9/9/2008 8:29:59 PM   
Bushman

Seriously, excitement levels over this proposed film are WAY too high already. The idea alone has got 'stinking great turd' written through it like a stick of smelly rock. So soon we forget Doom (or any other game to movie crossover your care to mention). And before I hear the 'it's harmless fun just switch off your brain' argument - that's ok, I've got nothing against that but can't you get that from playing the game? Why sit through 2 hours of sub par plot and 12A friendly violence when you can stop at home with your Xbox (other consoles are available)?

Post #: 19
- 9/9/2008 8:55:00 PM   
Gartt

Maybe this will become the new in-joke for the film industry like Duke Nukem Forever is in the games industry.

Post #: 20
RE: - 10/9/2008 7:17:00 AM   
grucl

Some fun facts about the game:
  • The Voyager 1 spacecraft has travelled approximately 2.5 billion miles since the announcement of Duke Nukem Forever.
  • The rovers Spirit and Opportunity were proposed, authorized, announced, designed, launched and successfully landed upon Mars within the timeframe of Duke Nukem Forever's development.
  • The United States’ entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy’s challenge to the landing took less time than the development of Duke Nukem Forever
  • The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane in less time than the development of Duke Nukem Forever
  • The International Space Station was assembled and has been orbiting Earth for over 8 years

< Message edited by grucl -- 10/9/2008 7:26:11 AM >

(in reply to Gartt)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Duke Nukem Movie On The Way Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI