Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

TMNT To Go Live Action Again

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> TMNT To Go Live Action Again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TMNT To Go Live Action Again - 3/9/2008 8:56:55 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 3/9/2008 8:56:55 AM   
sleepwalker

Brilliant, The last one wasnt brilliant but had some good moments (The smoke bomb trick was funny as hell) I would like to see one done a little less kid friendly.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 3/9/2008 8:57:10 AM   
Beat Royale

Naawww...but I loved the recent CG film! I suppose a live-action one would be okay I guess, but I'd rather have a sequel to the animation.

Post #: 3
This will be good! - 3/9/2008 9:25:51 AM   
mlavagna

I'd love to see a Turtles movie which is truly faithful to the original comic book.

The three Turtles movies which came out at the beginning of the 90s were terrible because they tried make it like the kids cartoon show. The original comic book was toughter, darker , more violent and more mature.

This is one of the few remakes/reinventions which I think is worthy of being made.

I'm now looking forward to a Turtles movie the way it always should have been made.

< Message edited by mlavagna -- 3/9/2008 9:28:33 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: This will be good! - 3/9/2008 10:01:05 AM   
Vito_Andolini

Come on producers, get Keanu Reeves to voice Michaelangelo.

As someone said above, TMNT wasn't terrible by any means but it just seemed to be lacking something.  There wouldn't have to be many changes to have made it a Power Rangers movie for instance...

"Lunch Lady Doris, do ye have any grease?!"

"Yes, yes we do"

"THEN GREASE ME UP WOMAN!!"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to mlavagna)
Post #: 5
It makes perfect sense.... - 3/9/2008 10:13:50 AM   
Seamie

...to make it darker and more 'bloody and broody' as those of us who loved the Turtles in the 80's/90's are well into our 20's now and would love to see this done I'm sure?! Hopefully Shredder will be in it...?!!

Post #: 6
why does everything have to be dark ???!!! - 3/9/2008 10:31:52 AM   
waltham1979

I understand the original comics were a bit darker but c'mon its about 4 ninja turtles??? I thought the CGI movie was excellent and something I could enjoy with my 7 year old son, why can we not having something again along those lines??? are we going to have anything for the kids to enjoy at all??? (sorry I'm winging, long morning, no caffiene!!)

Post #: 7
- 3/9/2008 11:10:16 AM   
wooz

Still, it's about big fighting turtles.

Post #: 8
- 3/9/2008 11:51:20 AM   
dunkah

Ah, Kevin Eastman is the king of talking shit. He's the victim of his own ego. Whenever a studio is entertaining an idea of his he always makes out like it's halfway through production. Besides the guy doesn't even have a stake in the TMNT business anymore as Peter laird completely bought him out at the start of the year.

Post #: 9
Am I The Only Person.... - 3/9/2008 12:32:15 PM   
AquaDragon2K

....to say why?!

Post #: 10
Something for the kids? - 3/9/2008 1:18:29 PM   
RevolloveR

I think the kids get plenty to see in the cinemas!

Post #: 11
Blah Blah Blah... - 3/9/2008 1:54:49 PM   
Nicky C

It's seems every day that we are getting news items about franchises that don't need to be redone BEING redone darker, more mature. Also, the time lapse between the old version and new version is getting shorter. In Tommorow's News: 'Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea' to receive 'much-needed reboot' in order to appeal to post-Bourne audience. Script, naturally, to be 'tweaked' by Jonathan Nolan and/or Paul Haggis, and directed by 'which ever young director fresh out of film school can put up some green screen fast enough'.

Post #: 12
RE: Blah Blah Blah... - 3/9/2008 2:30:07 PM   
Tech_Noir

Should be interesting. TMNT did some amazing stuff with the CG Turtles. Ralp and Leo's fight in the rain looked so real.

I still think they should have the sci-fi element with Krang and co (just because I grew up with the cartoon).

Although it'll probably be more real-world orientated like the first live-action movie.

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 13
RE: Blah Blah Blah... - 3/9/2008 2:42:52 PM   
Vito_Andolini

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Should be interesting. TMNT did some amazing stuff with the CG Turtles. Ralp and Leo's fight in the rain looked so real.

I still think they should have the sci-fi element with Krang and co (just because I grew up with the cartoon).

Although it'll probably be more real-world orientated like the first live-action movie.

Yessssss!  Just to see Rocksteady and Be-Bop!

"Lunch Lady Doris, do ye have any grease?!"

"Yes, yes we do"

"THEN GREASE ME UP WOMAN!!"

"Okey dokey"

www.movieguys.org

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 14
Hmmm.... - 3/9/2008 3:17:32 PM   
Noelg25

All this rebooting and reviving. Next they will be wanting to do a reboot of Spider-Man especially after the third one.

Post #: 15
Aw, shit... - 3/9/2008 3:30:12 PM   
chewynewyork

Ok, just for the record, I loved the first live action TMNT. It's corny comedy, great action, and memorable dialogue ("A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this") is a true staple of the nineties and something that should not be even attempted to be remade. All the other sequels can go to hell in a handbasket. The CGI, however, should be viewed as the true sequel to the first part, both in story and spirit. And no matter how much you can do with live action special effects and what not, it doesn't really hold a candle to an entire CGI film, where the action sequences can truly be a wonder to behold. Look at Advent Children...I rest my case.

Post #: 16
Ice Ice Baby! - 3/9/2008 3:59:20 PM   
Barry

So long as Vanilla Ice is on the soundtrack again, I'm on board. I saw the original ones in the cinema as a kid, and loved them. Mmmm... Radioactive ooze!

Post #: 17
"Babies! Dey are babies!! Grraagghhlllrrgggg!!" - 3/9/2008 8:05:48 PM   
christofurr

I'll add my vote for Rocksteady and Bebop too - Tokah and Razah indeed - why a 'wolf' and a 'scavenger turtle' were seen to be a much more realistic choice for readily available animals, I'll never know. We all know from watching Madagasgar that you can find a whole assortment of bizzare creatures, such as psycho penguins and sassy afro-american hippo's, right in the heart of Manhattan (and that's not counting the human population).
I also think they should use the 'ooze' creation scenario from the cartoon - it made much, MUCH more sense. A rat learning karate simply by watching, with no electrodes attached. Yeah. Right. Not even Stan the man could make THAT swallowable.

Bebop: "aww, that's all we ever do, go up and down, up and down"
Krang:"sounds like the perfect assignment for a couple of yoyo's"

Post #: 18
RE: Something for the kids? - 3/9/2008 10:03:22 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevolloveR

I think the kids get plenty to see in the cinemas!

do you? I don't! I think thier are very few really good kids films that cater for both adults and children!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to RevolloveR)
Post #: 19
re: blah, blah blah etc etcr yaddy yaddy yah. - 3/9/2008 10:33:01 PM   
jon.allen47

Well I remember the original comic and the cartoon and the movies - and to be fair the comic was the only one that stood up. My brother had the original RPG and it was a corker. Bottom line though was that the Ninja turtles were darker more serious and broody, that was the whole point. And I thought that the cartoon - and to a lesser degree the movies - sucked! We're talking about a group of 4 teenage Ninjas wandering round with a range of sharp and/or blunt instruments. This film wouldn't be a 're-imagining' but in fact a faithful recreation of the comics. Warts and all! And to be honest id I wonder if they'll go back to them all having red masks again?

Post #: 20
re: blah, blah blah etc etcr yaddy yaddy yah. - 3/9/2008 10:34:07 PM   
jon.allen47

Well I remember the original comic and the cartoon and the movies - and to be fair the comic was the only one that stood up. My brother had the original RPG and it was a corker. Bottom line though was that the Ninja turtles were darker more serious and broody, that was the whole point. And I thought that the cartoon - and to a lesser degree the movies - sucked! We're talking about a group of 4 teenage Ninjas wandering round with a range of sharp and/or blunt instruments. This film wouldn't be a 're-imagining' but in fact a faithful recreation of the comics. Warts and all! And to be honest id I wonder if they'll go back to them all having red masks again?

Post #: 21
TMNT : BEGINS - 3/9/2008 11:10:13 PM   
thegodfathers

The one reason I have faith in this is because Warners has this in their hands and with V for Vendetta/Batman/Superman/300/Watchmen it seems they are starting to treat their properties well and wiv Supermax/green Lantern/Masters Of The Universe getting great script reviews I think Warners have a winner on here. Why Steve Baron? why not someone else David Fincher lol imagine thatGore Verbinski? Zack Shyder? but they should get someone who understands the comics, grew up with it and loves it. If done right this could be a 'BATMAN BEGINS' in the making.

Post #: 22
- 3/9/2008 11:10:55 PM   
Kev@CTU

ah man, this could be so good if they stick to the original comics - seeing as the trend at the mo is making movies more darker, this could be a great thing for the turtles! Please, no Krang though...... we don't want another "batman and robin" on our hands.

Kv

Post #: 23
- 3/9/2008 11:39:32 PM   
Swoz_MK

HUGE fan of the OG comics, this is very good news. I'd like other directors to be considered though.

Post #: 24
lol - 4/9/2008 5:13:45 PM   
ryangiles01

Hah this makes me laugh, i love the way everyones actually considering that they could make a dark TMHT Film, how the hell can u take it seriously? At least Batman has half a chance of being realistic. Unlike a bunch of turtles who know kung fu and whos master is a talking rat! Yeah sure bet this will be an awesome film

Post #: 25
RE: lol - 5/9/2008 7:04:54 PM   
Invader_Ace

hmm not sure if this is a good idea.  I really rated the CGI film and would like to see another.  Thought it hit the tone about right, it was definatly kid friendly, but had loads of good more adult themed stuff in it.  Such as the resentment between Raph and Leo, that scene when it come right down to it and Raph pauses and realises why he'll never be a leader like Leo was awesome!  As was the opening Jungle set piece, and the mystery vigilante scences.  Plus, it was a sequel and a reboot, how it should be done; no need to formaly reboot, just remeber the themes that made it great and get on with it. 

(in reply to ryangiles01)
Post #: 26
Heroes In A Half Shell? - 6/9/2008 1:14:46 AM   
andycg2

Turtle power!!!
For me as a kid the first film was pretty dark, darker than the tv show anyway. So to see a TMNT film that's akin to the style of the new Batman would be awesome.
But they should forget about today's kids and make it at least 15 rated. Blood and gore all the way, please.

Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> TMNT To Go Live Action Again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI