Post #: 1
- 2/9/2008 8:51:31 AM   
munkyboy04

I cant wait for this movie!!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
More Casting - 2/9/2008 10:43:25 AM   
freddyboi13

I am just waiting for Steve Buscemi to be casted in this film, he's got to be one of the convicts turned soldiers!

Post #: 3
What happened to the A-List - 2/9/2008 10:55:24 AM   
blindfold

I'm sure tarantino knows what he is doing.. but whatever happened to the A-List plan. We all secretly love it when odd A-List choices are thrown together into something we never see them in. But the cast list so far seems to be very Un-A-List people.

But. If Pitt is indeed the only big boy on board in a leading role then fair enough. The other roles will probably be more Stark Making roles.

Post #: 4
No! Nein! Nyet! - 2/9/2008 12:19:09 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

Has QT lost his casting mojo? I mean, first that soap bar of a woman, Diane Kruger, and now Til 'mumle' Schweiger. Alright, let me explain: here in Germany, Schweiger is - for some very odd reason - the most bankable local actor. It must be one of those weird fascinations Germans have with people who clearly lack proper talent, but are being revered anyway. Think David Hasselhoff. Think Bud Spencer and Terence Hill (two Italians who used to make lame comedies about smacking people over the head in the 80s). Schweiger used to be 'the next big thing' in the mid-90s, went abroad and failed - for a reason. Bit parts as henchman were all he could get. Then he returned to Germany, where he now also directs most of his films. Alright, so half of his movies have been enormous disappointments, but the other half is spectacularly successful - although most people, if asked, publicly state they can't stand Schweiger. So, why, QT, did you have to give this man a role? You don't have to appease to German audiences by giving 'their' star some tiny role - your fans will also go and watch your movie if you don't. And why do you have to cast vanilla girl FrŠulein Kruger (the reason behind whose international success I'll never understand), when there are plenty of more interesting actresses around? Where are your quirky/leftfield/interesting/surprising choices?

Post #: 5
- 2/9/2008 12:56:59 PM   
clarkkent

well clearly the A list lot weren't interested.

Post #: 6
RE: What happened to the A-List - 2/9/2008 1:53:34 PM   
stevos

I've got a feeling Brad Pitt is going to jump ship soon- like he did with The Fountain, and State of Play...

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another Bastard On Board Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI