Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: nope

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: nope Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: nope - 22/7/2010 3:45:17 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Thanks for that cheery and uplifting statement for the weekend.

You're most welcome

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 181
RE: nope - 30/8/2010 4:54:33 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I've been on IMDB and I read a thread concerning the role of Gandalf and whether Ian McKellen will stay around to play him or not. Posters made various suggestions for a replacement actor (1) and one of the suggestions which I thought was very inspired; Liam Neeson. The voice, the presence and the mannerisms. It could work! I am in favour of someone other than Peter Jackson to direct the "Hobbit" films. I like the idea of there being a segue between the "Hobbit" films and the "LOTR" trilogy. However, as the "Hobbit" is different in tone to the more serious and labyrinthine "LOTR" trilogy. I would like a different look to the cinematography, set design and even the prosthetics and creature designs.

1. Ian McKellen is aging and it'll be difficult to make him look younger or even the same age as he was in the "LOTR" trilogy.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 182
RE: nope - 31/8/2010 1:19:35 PM   
pete_traynor

Interesting:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/08/29/sylvester-mccoy-says-hes-in-talks-for-the-hobbit/

Whatever the role I'm sure he'll fit right in!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 183
RE: nope - 1/9/2010 8:18:30 AM   
theieuan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

I've been on IMDB and I read a thread concerning the role of Gandalf and whether Ian McKellen will stay around to play him or not. Posters made various suggestions for a replacement actor (1) and one of the suggestions which I thought was very inspired; Liam Neeson. The voice, the presence and the mannerisms. It could work! I am in favour of someone other than Peter Jackson to direct the "Hobbit" films. I like the idea of there being a segue between the "Hobbit" films and the "LOTR" trilogy. However, as the "Hobbit" is different in tone to the more serious and labyrinthine "LOTR" trilogy. I would like a different look to the cinematography, set design and even the prosthetics and creature designs.

1. Ian McKellen is aging and it'll be difficult to make him look younger or even the same age as he was in the "LOTR" trilogy.

Liam Neeson is a great shout. Sir Ian MacKellen would still be my first choice, but with ever continuing delays perhaps it is time to consider a younger actor for the role of Gandalf.

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

Post #: 184
RE: The Hobbit - 6/9/2010 12:19:09 PM   
katiekeogh16

the book was fantastic, can't wait to see it .

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 185
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 10:40:39 AM   
pete_traynor

Is he gonna get it?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/09/08/martin-freeman-indeed-first-choice-for-bilbo-in-the-hobbit-may-still-play-the-part/ 

(in reply to katiekeogh16)
Post #: 186
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 10:47:40 AM   
Scott_

Your av confused me for a split second then...I was thinking Carl Weathers for Bilbo? Awesome!...But it wasn't to be...

Anyway Freeman would look the part but Michael Sheen would be a good choice aswell. My mate mentioned to me that Sharlto Copley would be ace because lets face it every film would be cooler with Sharlto Copley involved.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 187
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 11:59:54 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Your av confused me for a split second then...I was thinking Carl Weathers for Bilbo? Awesome!...But it wasn't to be...

Anyway Freeman would look the part but Michael Sheen would be a good choice aswell. My mate mentioned to me that Sharlto Copley would be ace because lets face it every film would be cooler with Sharlto Copley involved.

You sir, are to be commended for truly thinking outside the box! That would be the best bit of casting ever!

Sheen has always been my number one choice. Heíd be absolutely wonderful as Bilbo.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 188
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 12:37:52 PM   
theieuan

quote:

Sharlto Copley would be a great choice and has worked with Jackson before. Wouldn't be as good as Carl Weathers though

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 189
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 12:53:52 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: theieuan

quote:

Sharlto Copley would be a great choice and has worked with Jackson before. Wouldn't be as good as Carl Weathers though

No one would! Maybe we should try and bring his name to the attention of Jackson and his casting people

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 190
RE: The Hobbit - 9/9/2010 1:19:17 PM   
BelfastBoy

It seems that Martin Freeman is still the preferred option if this story has any credibility:

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/09/09/38409-exclusive-bilbo-the-brave-hobbit-casting-details/

TheOneRing.net is generally considered reliable and well-informed, although counting against them here is the fact that they do give The Sun's story equal credibility with other sources. I'd still be amazed if production on The Hobbit actually started in January 2011 though!

Post #: 191
RE: Peter Jackson Confirmed? - 15/10/2010 11:46:36 PM   
The2ndRing

awwwww yeah http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/breaking-hobbit-gets-its-greenlight-21749

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

Post #: 192
RE: The cast is coming together - 18/10/2010 8:30:02 PM   
Timon

So Martin Freeman is all but cast as Bilbo Baggins and the likes of David Tennant, James Nesbit and Michael Fassbender are all rumoured for roles....

Considering his friendship with Edgar Wright and co, what's the bet that Nick Frost might crop up as a dwarf? He'd be ideal!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 193
RE: The cast is coming together - 18/10/2010 8:34:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

If Brian Cox, James Cosmo and Brenden Glesson aren't getting calls to play dwarfs, then there is something wrong in this world.

Fassbender must be up for Bard.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 194
RE: The cast is coming together - 18/10/2010 8:36:45 PM   
Timon

Cox, Gleeson and Cosmo are surely shoe-ins. Whenever there is a historical epic of note that needs men of age, girth and gruffness, they shall be there!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 195
RE: The cast is coming together - 18/10/2010 9:15:41 PM   
Angelus

Tennant's probably up for the Elvenking Thranduil. Can't think of anyone else he'd be suited to.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 196
RE: The cast is coming together - 18/10/2010 9:34:13 PM   
musht

Great shout for Cox, Gleeson and Cosmo!! I would guess Fassbender is probably in line for the role of Bard who's prob gonna get a meatier role seeing as their making it two movies. Or Beorn but to be honest i think the ideal choice for Beorn is Russel Crowe unless they wanna go down the Hagrid road which i doubt

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 197
RE: The cast is coming together - 22/10/2010 7:58:27 AM   
theieuan

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29275

Seems as if they've been pretty quick on the casting front. Really suprised to see Richard Armitage cast as Thorin - would have gone for Brendan Gleeson myself with perhaps Richard Armitage as Bard The Bowman. But I'm sure Jackson knows what he's doing. Hope they manage to get Bill Nighy as the voice of Smaug.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 198
RE: The cast is coming together - 22/10/2010 8:22:42 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

That's all good casting as far as I'm concerned, finally it seems like I can get excited about this now!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 199
RE: The cast is coming together - 22/10/2010 10:25:28 AM   
pete_traynor

And weíre off! About fucking time too!

All good news here as far as Iím concerned. Freeman wasnít my number one as I would have loved Tom Hollander but heís still a great shout as was definitely in my top three.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 200
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 11:30:35 AM   
Chief

They should make room for Mike McShane and Brian Blessed as dwarves.

(in reply to katiekeogh16)
Post #: 201
RE: The cast is coming together - 22/10/2010 11:35:54 AM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: theieuan

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29275

Seems as if they've been pretty quick on the casting front. Really suprised to see Richard Armitage cast as Thorin - would have gone for Brendan Gleeson myself with perhaps Richard Armitage as Bard The Bowman. But I'm sure Jackson knows what he's doing. Hope they manage to get Bill Nighy as the voice of Smaug.

Yeah, I'm surprised about Armitage too. Not that he isn't a decent actor but I have a hard time picturing him as a dwarf, if Jackson himself hadn't said it I would have thought it was a character name mixup and he's actually playing a human/elven character.

Liking the Freeman choice, I'd read ages ago that James McAvoy was up for Bilbo and until recently I thought he'd be excellent but it feels like Freeman will be able to keep shades of Ian Holm's performance in his own.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 202
RE: The cast is coming together - 22/10/2010 12:19:45 PM   
The Hooded Man

Big fan of both Freeman and Armitage so this is good news.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 203
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 3:42:11 PM   
Crinblanca

Its great to have Richard Armitage in this film! Besides, he is absolutely handsome and sexy.

But he should be playing Thranduil, or one of the elves or men.

Really, Richard Armitage playing the oldest of the dwarfs, Thorin, is weird. Having such a goodlooking man for a character so in disguise is an odd casting LOL.
But anywayz, it gets my interest, Thorin is my favorite dwarf.

< Message edited by Crinblanca -- 22/10/2010 3:43:18 PM >

"Hey! do you love me, Iīm untouchable darkness!"

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 204
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 4:10:01 PM   
elab49

I'm astonished Armitage got the role - I think he's a remarkably mediocre actor for the most part. Brooding - fine. Actual words? Not so much.

Freeman as Bilbo seems a nice choice. But some of the others seems an oddly low rent cast with soap people and someone from Power Rangers?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Crinblanca)
Post #: 205
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 4:38:06 PM   
impqueen

I really want to be more excited than I am about these films, I love The Hobbit and in fact most of Tolkienís work and spent 5-6 years of my life avidly following the production and end results of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy but for some reason this influx of casting just isnít igniting my interest. I like Freeman (based on interviews and Buzzcocks appearances...) but Iím not a fan. I never got into The Office, I greatly disliked The Hitchhikerís Guide to the Galaxy and I missed the whole Sherlock hullabaloo (which Iím sure was more to do with Gatiss/Moffat and Cumberbatch) still time will tell and at least thereís something happening back in Middle-earth.

As for Armitage as Thorin though, that I find dubious and thatís my being polite...

Yes, always.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 206
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 4:54:49 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

(which I'm sure was more to do with Gatiss/Moffat and Cumberbatch) still time will tell and at least there's something happening back in Middle-earth.

As for Armitage as Thorin though, that I find dubious and that's my being polite...

Slightly OT - given our complete agreement on Armitage (kudos for being more polite than me), I can honestly say as a Conan Doyle fan that it really is Freeman too - this is easily one of the top couple of Watson's I've seen, a real respect for the character.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 207
RE: The Hobbit - 22/10/2010 11:33:24 PM   
Rgirvan44

Considering how much of the cast of LOTR weren't huge names, this seems keeping in line with that idea.

Also the politics of this union thing has been really interesting. I suspect Warners would be quite happy to house the two movies in the studios which have done Harry Potter over the last decade.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 208
RE: nope - 23/10/2010 5:46:55 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

Interesting:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/08/29/sylvester-mccoy-says-hes-in-talks-for-the-hobbit/

Whatever the role I'm sure he'll fit right in!

Supposedly, at a screening of Withnail & I in New Zealand last night, his good friend Paul McGann confirmed that McCoy has now got the part of Radagast the Brown.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 209
RE: nope - 23/10/2010 9:40:13 PM   
Ref

I think Freeman is a great choice for Bilbo, and I must say I would have chosen Armitage as the Bard rather than Thorin. It's not that I don't think he's capable (North and South, Spooks - great roles), but it's an odd way to go.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: nope Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI