Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 29/1/2008 12:56:27 PM   
ElephantBoy

I can't see the point in this film.

(in reply to broonie)
Post #: 121
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 29/1/2008 6:24:28 PM   
danbo1138

the hobbit would make a great film.just a shame about jackson not directing.if the book is split into two parts thats cooll.it's the 'other story'making up part two i'm worried about.

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 122
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 30/1/2008 7:51:08 PM   
Ultimo Lee

GREAT! one of my favourite directer's is going to waste himself on this bollocks for 2 to 3 years. WONDERFUL

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 123
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 30/1/2008 7:57:42 PM   
danbo1138

waste?

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 124
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 1:02:43 AM   
Ultimo Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

waste?

Yes! i'll be totally selfish and say i want him to be making films i want to see. The last thing the world(ok me)needs is another LOTR film.

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 125
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 10:16:35 AM   
danbo1138

i hope he does make films for you coz no offence i don't think he's right for the hobbit

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 126
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 10:22:10 AM   
Timon

I don't think Del Toro should do the Hobbit and I'm a huge fan of his.

I just feel that The Lord of the Rings world is Jackson-created. If he isn't going to direct then I feel he should hand the reins over to someone who was also involved in creating that world so the look and feel of Middle Earth is retained.

People have mentioned Fran Walsh but what about the other directors of Lord of the Rings. There were after all THREE units. How about Richard Taylor, head of WETA? That man has passion coming out his hair.

While I love Del Toro, he shouldn't be given the keys to Middle Earth unless you want a prequel that runs the risk of looking and feeling completely different to what has gone before it. Some may say that change is a good thing but I think it such an established world, there's a risk of different visions clashing. Del Toro has a very distinctive look and I just can't help but think, it wouldn't exactly work in The Hobbit.

Personally, I'd rather see his take on Tarzan. That's just me though.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 127
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 5:16:37 PM   
James2183

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/its-official/

Confirmed apparently.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 128
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 5:37:08 PM   
shool

Yay, I'm happy that its him over Raimi any day.

Good News.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 129
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 5:47:26 PM   
Piles

That's very, very great news. I was very disapointed when I heard that Jackson wouldn't be doing it, but his replacement is an excellent one. Can you believe it's a couple of years before we'll see this thing?

Top 100 Moz Songs / Top 100 Films

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 130
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 31/1/2008 6:33:41 PM   
Mojo

I hope he uses Andy Serkis for Gollum and not Doug Jones.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Piles)
Post #: 131
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 1/2/2008 9:23:42 AM   
darthjim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

I really do think the rabid Jackson-fan-hordes would eat his face if he didn't. Also, Andy's the best man for the job. Experience and all that.

www.the-scoremagazine.com

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 132
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 1/2/2008 1:02:10 PM   
fireboy

quote:

I don't remember Doug in the book. Are they creating new characters for the film? Personally, I think the Hobbit has always needed a robot in it. Perhaps one sent from the future to kill the uncle of Frodo.

So who do you think should play Doug? I'd go for James Gandolfini.

Spielberg's Favouite Sun

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 133
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 1/2/2008 1:38:43 PM   
darthjim

quote:

ORIGINAL: fireboy

quote:

I don't remember Doug in the book. Are they creating new characters for the film? Personally, I think the Hobbit has always needed a robot in it. Perhaps one sent from the future to kill the uncle of Frodo.

So who do you think should play Doug? I'd go for James Gandolfini.

Erm... Either that's a cunning ploy to rope in some gullible schmoe (hello), or you don't realise that Doug Jones does the mo-cap work for Del Toro usually (Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth etc.).

Doug Jones does not appear in The Hobbit. In fact, The Hobbit contains no one by the nomenclature of "Jones" at all, which kind of kicks the most-popular-name-after-Smith theory in its food-biters.

< Message edited by darthjim -- 1/2/2008 1:39:06 PM >

www.the-scoremagazine.com

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 134
RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! - 1/2/2008 6:43:21 PM   
danbo1138

jones could play 'the goblin king',or the giants,mabey do some mo-cap in the battle of the five armies.and i bet he gets made up as an elf

(in reply to darthjim)
Post #: 135
RE: Bring it on. - 10/2/2008 8:34:11 PM   
MathewRed

I think an animated version of this could work. but only if they got PJ to direct.

We're as similar as two dissimilar things in a pod
Post #: 136
RE: Bring it on. - 13/2/2008 6:13:37 PM   
coolstar

Check this out looks like a long wait

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4399461a1860.html

I am going Deep Deep undercover

(in reply to MathewRed)
Post #: 137
RE: Bring it on. - 14/2/2008 1:10:10 PM   
danbo1138

i'm sure i read someplace that ALL the film rights to tolkiens works revert back to the tolkien estate in 2009(ish),hence new line rushing the hobbit.myself i would prefer the estate to handle the movie,bring jackson FULLY on board and screw the money men and make a film with the book in mind and not money(yup new line i'm talking to you).with a bit of luck these legal procedings will stall the production long enough for new line to miss the 'window' and we can get a tolkien film the book deserves.

(in reply to coolstar)
Post #: 138
RE: Casting - 22/9/2009 2:56:35 PM   
Emyr Thy King

Tom Hollander for Bilbo? There have been suggestions for Ian Holm to play Bilbo, I think such a move would be unwise. I believe he was a little too old to play 'young' Bilbo in The Fellowship of the Ring. I also believe Michael Sheen ought to be involved in the two films. Perhaps as a dwarf, Beorn or Bard the bowman?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 139
RE: Casting - 22/9/2009 3:13:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

Tom Hollander is a good idea. Either him or Freeman I think.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 140
RE: Bilbo... - 22/9/2009 3:21:10 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimibadboi7

casting Bilbo....i'd go for...

James McAvoy, Michael Sheen, Martin Freeman or Gary Oldman.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sheen. He'd nail Bilbo!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
Post #: 141
The Hobbit - 22/9/2009 10:33:32 PM   
Alistair

I don't think I've posted my thoughts on The Hobbit yet, so I shall do right now.

I've recently been enjoying Howard Shore's utterly mind-blowingly beautiful soundtrack once more (I usually play it now and again) and it has got me more excited than ever for a return to Jackson's Middle Earth. I'm sure Del Toro will do a great job, although I must admit that I'm still a little nervous about his tendancy to want to use silly costumes rather than CGI. I mean, it works well a lot of the time, but some of Del Toro's stuff can look hoky to say the least. Jackson's trilogy had very little hokey in it if you ask me (although CGI vs costumes is another discussion in another forum, but may I add that Jackson obviously used his fair share of practical effects and costumes).

Jackson's films are a beautiful piece of work, highlighted by Shore's amazing score. The Hobbit, I'm sure, will be a very special film although I do worry about the semi-sequel they've got planned. To use a Bilbo-ism; butter scraped over too much bread!

As far as the casting for Bilbo is concerned....I have no idea but none of the names mentioned are very inspired to me. Sheen appears to be the man of the moment but I do not think he would be a decent Bilbo. He hasn't got the right look or build. But then again I have no suggestions myself.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 22/9/2009 10:39:13 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 142
RE: The Hobbit - 23/9/2009 12:10:36 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

I don't think I've posted my thoughts on The Hobbit yet, so I shall do right now.

I've recently been enjoying Howard Shore's utterly mind-blowingly beautiful soundtrack once more (I usually play it now and again) and it has got me more excited than ever for a return to Jackson's Middle Earth. I'm sure Del Toro will do a great job, although I must admit that I'm still a little nervous about his tendancy to want to use silly costumes rather than CGI. I mean, it works well a lot of the time, but some of Del Toro's stuff can look hoky to say the least. Jackson's trilogy had very little hokey in it if you ask me (although CGI vs costumes is another discussion in another forum, but may I add that Jackson obviously used his fair share of practical effects and costumes).

Jackson's films are a beautiful piece of work, highlighted by Shore's amazing score. The Hobbit, I'm sure, will be a very special film although I do worry about the semi-sequel they've got planned. To use a Bilbo-ism; butter scraped over too much bread!

As far as the casting for Bilbo is concerned....I have no idea but none of the names mentioned are very inspired to me. Sheen appears to be the man of the moment but I do not think he would be a decent Bilbo. He hasn't got the right look or build. But then again I have no suggestions myself.

None of the names that are being thrown around excite me at all, with the exception of Sheen. He is just a phenomenal character actor who seems able to effortlessly inhabit the mind frame and idiosyncrasies of any personality he chooses to tackle. In terms of the look I think he is more than suited to it. He is distinctly gentleman like, Bilbo after all being from the upper social circles of the Hobbit community, but he also has great comic timing which, being quite restrained would make him a fantastic Bilbo for me. But it’s bound to be McAvoy. Nothing against him whatsoever and sure he’ll do a fine but for my money, Sheens the man for the job.

With regards to Del Toro, I’m kind of with you on that. I am a huge fan of his Spanish language films but whenever he works on English language projects I always feel that something is lacking! For me, Hellboy are my favourite comics and I was truly elated when he was announced as director. But something went wrong on that for me and the macabre essence of the books seemed to be sacrificed. But hopefully, Jackson will keep a tight grip on the reigns

Hopefully he will embrace all FX techniques as Jackson did to realise Middle Earth once more. And on Shores score, shivers… it’s beyond reproach.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 143
RE: The Hobbit - 26/9/2009 11:10:21 PM   
Deexan

My personal preference would be Paddy Considine.

"Sorry Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 144
RE: The Hobbit - 8/10/2009 1:05:59 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deexan

My personal preference would be Paddy Considine.

Brilliant suggestion… Elevenses and second breakfast with LCD and Ketamine laced tea! I’d pay good money to see that!

(in reply to Deexan)
Post #: 145
RE: The Hobbit - 9/10/2009 10:16:11 AM   
Beno

I have said this several times already and i will say it several times more ........

...... ANTON YELCHIN FOR BILBO

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 146
RE: The Hobbit - 9/10/2009 12:06:53 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

I have said this several times already and i will say it several times more ........

...... ANTON YELCHIN FOR BILBO

That’s a pretty damn good suggestion! And I do believe his hair curls like that naturally so they’d save a few bob on hobbit wig costs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XeEZiyOfM

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 147
RE: Cox in The Hobbit? - 15/11/2009 10:49:06 PM   
Timon

There be internet rumours that Brian Cox has been approached by Del Toro and Peter Jackson to play either Thorin Oakenshield or Balin.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 148
RE: Cox in The Hobbit? - 15/11/2009 10:58:59 PM   
Rgirvan44

Cox is a excellent and natural choice.

Of course when it comes to historical epics, where Brian Cox goes, so too does Brenden Glesson. I expect both to be cast. Heck, throw James Cosmo in there as well. Get the hat trick.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 149
RE: Cox in The Hobbit? - 15/11/2009 11:20:45 PM   
Deviation

The awesomness in that post made my mind explode.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit. gets the green light! Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI