Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey - 14/12/2012 2:48:37 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I'm off to see this tomorrow. I can't wait! It's been a long time coming.

People on here won't be able to tell based on my posts on this forum, but The Lord Of The Rings movies are actually my favourite trilogy of all time. (Yes... even better than that other trilogy I've spent so much time on this forum talking about).

I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 931
RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey - 14/12/2012 8:24:52 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stongrey

Watch The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey online Free Full Streaming : Some love stories ar engineered on passion, some on spirit and a few on hope. terribly seldom does one bump into a story that encompasses itself around a journey. The Hobbit: AN surprising Journey introduces United States to the planet of Bilbo Baggins, WHO mirrors the foremost innocent of sentiments that lie fast up at intervals the depths of our heart.Well, it develops on you. The HFR style has immediacy and sparkle, notably within the outside places, wherever the New island scenery, altogether their class, ar exposed a lot of significantly and clearly, ANd there's an nearly documented legitimacy to the fantasy. within the house although, it is not quite identical tale. we tend to technique the perplexity via its mythological setup: the scary monster Smaug appropriates the tiny Empire of Erebor.

Come again!!!

Introducing the newest member of Empire’s review staff.

I think Stongreys post is in 48 fps and these tired old Empire forums just cant cope with the science thang!

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 932
RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey - 18/12/2012 12:28:24 AM   
Ref

Seen it. Loved it. Yey! Written a (slightly) longer review in the, weirdly enough, review thread

Now onto The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, peeps.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 933
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 28/12/2012 9:21:14 PM   
Ref

Taken from TORn, two pictures from the next film:~

Bombur in Mirkwood

Stephen Fry in costume

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 934
RE: The Hobbit - 7/1/2013 8:49:20 AM   
Joserabal

I know the hobbit is a great movie series and thanks for this article....

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 935
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 8/1/2013 1:03:54 PM   
Ref

Brilliant little article by none-other-than Empire:~

10 Things You'll See in The Hobbit 2 & 3

Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bolg mentioned in the book? My brain is not exactly functioning at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if I've make that up in my head.

(in reply to Joserabal)
Post #: 936
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 8/1/2013 1:06:34 PM   
AxlReznor

I'm pretty sure Bolg is in the book, yes.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 937
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 8/1/2013 1:28:29 PM   
Whistler

Is he? I read it only recently and I can't remember his name cropping up. It must have just been a brief mention if it did.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 938
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 8/1/2013 1:30:37 PM   
AxlReznor

"Swiftly he returned, and his wrath was redoubled, so that nothing could withstand him, and no weapon seemed to bite upon him. He scattered the bodyguard, and pulled down Bolg himself and crushed him."

Pretty sure that isn't the only mention of him, but that's the description of his death at the hands of Beorn.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 939
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 9/1/2013 12:34:03 PM   
Ref

A-ha, ta for that AxlReznor. Thought that Empire got it wrong saying that he wasn't in the book.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 940
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 30/1/2013 10:44:05 PM   
Ref

Release date for DVD is March 19th as stated on the official website:~

Ta Da!

I'm really surprised at how early that seems. Not that I'm complaining at all.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 941
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 3/3/2013 4:24:48 PM   
Ref

There And Back Again shifted back to December 2014

Bum!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 942
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/3/2013 1:53:53 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I'm actually happy about this. Middle Earth in the summer didn't seem right

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 943
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/3/2013 8:04:11 AM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

My thoughts exactly.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 944
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 15/3/2013 9:34:21 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Initially I was disappointed but you're right, wouldn't feel the same in summer.

I did find it strange that they wanted to make it a summer blockbuster, it surely wouldn't have as done as well at the BO as it will in December.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 945
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 15/3/2013 4:20:43 PM   
Invader_Ace

How do you think they are going to do the defeating of Smaug?

Build up the part of Bard or just retool it totally, so that it is done by the dwarves?

I think an easy change would be to make it so that Bilbo steals the Arkenstone directly from the belly of Smaug, to create the opening.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 946
RE: The Hobbit - 24/3/2013 9:46:33 PM   
Mysticalunicornfart

Clip from Desolation of Smaug:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyg4ym_first-scene-from-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug_shortfilms

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 947
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 2/4/2013 4:24:28 PM   
Ref

Unfortunately it looks like they've took the video down - bugger. I have small compensation though, just a tiny interview with Serkis, Armitage and Nesbitt talking about Smaug.

Ta Da!

(in reply to Mysticalunicornfart)
Post #: 948
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 2/4/2013 4:27:24 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Build up the part of Bard or just retool it totally, so that it is done by the dwarves?

I think an easy change would be to make it so that Bilbo steals the Arkenstone directly from the belly of Smaug, to create the opening.

I've heard that they're making Bard a rather ambiguous character, not knowing whether he's good or bad. I don't know if that's for the sake of those who have not read the book to create a bit of intrigue. As long as they don't bugger it up like they did with Faramir - I'm still a grumpy sod about that.

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 949
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 2/4/2013 11:58:32 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

I've heard that they're making Bard a rather ambiguous character, not knowing whether he's good or bad. I don't know if that's for the sake of those who have not read the book to create a bit of intrigue. As long as they don't bugger it up like they did with Faramir - I'm still a grumpy sod about that.

Any and all decisions regarding Faramir worked perfectly

Much more better!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 950
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/4/2013 1:23:00 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Can't believe the home release is out so soon now! I'll be picking up the 3D version on Monday and counting down the hours till i can get home from work and rewatch it. Loved every second of it!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 951
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/4/2013 2:35:24 PM   
Ref

Which format is everyone buying? I'm just getting the bog-standard DVD, but will branch out for the Blu-Ray for the EE. Don, make sure you tell us how the 3D translates to the small screen.

< Message edited by Ref -- 4/4/2013 2:36:32 PM >

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 952
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/4/2013 2:40:19 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

What's the difference in special features between the dvd and Blu Ray for the theatrical cut?

Much more better!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 953
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/4/2013 3:13:52 PM   
Ref

No features on the DVD at all, whereas the Blu-Ray I believe that you get the production vlogs.

Post #: 954
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 4/4/2013 5:45:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Which format is everyone buying? I'm just getting the bog-standard DVD, but will branch out for the Blu-Ray for the EE. Don, make sure you tell us how the 3D translates to the small screen.

I will certainly let you all know. I usually find that 3D works better at home than at the cinema, so i have high hopes. I, like many, will also be buying the EE down the line.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 955
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 5/4/2013 3:00:27 PM   
Ref

Much appreciated, Don. As I have not the money to branch out for a 3D tele just yet

Anyway with his permission, I have taken this from Shagrat from TORn. It's in snippets taken from Chronicles II: Creatures and Characters. Some interesting little titbits:~

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shagrat, TORn

- Joe Letteri says that Gwaihir's "role in the film demands that he carry more of a performance so we had to give him more anthropomorphic dimensions than the other Eagles. It was important that we make him, and all of our creatures, much more 'alive' and capable of performance - not just action". This does mean he'll talk after all?

- Some interesting ideas about Dwarven character arcs, possibly indicating cut footage which may feature in the EE. For example, interaction between Dwalin and Nori at Bag End. Jed Brophy says: "Nori and Dwalin have an interesting relationship. When they first meet in Bag End, Dwalin thinks he can bully him, but it doesn't work that way with Nori. They have a disagreement over a chicken that Nori tries to steal off him and from there on if Dwalin catches Nori's eye, he glares at him".

- Seeming confirmation, if it were needed, that Azog's reappearance is linked to the rise of the Necromancer. "The thought of revenge upon Thorin and the final destruction of the line of the Longbeads gnawed at Azog, but he bided his time until late in the Third Age, when the emergence of the Necromancer and the commencement of Thorin's Quest to retake Erebor saw him lead a troop of hunters in a chase across Middle-earth in pursuit of the Dwarven Company".

- It appears that Grinnah, the Goblin interrogator, was intended to have a bigger role. Its mentions that "he's nasty and takes great enjoyment in whipping Thorin, which is all build-up because in the end Kili stabs him in his guts, and that had to be earned. It had to be a 'Yeah!' moment." I wouldn't say this is the case in the current version of the film. Given that Grinnah got a figure, it seems his original role was bigger. Given that we know there will be more Goblintown in the EE, it makes sense for his role to be expanded.

- When Bombur does speak, he will do so with a Northern Irish accent (or at least attempt to!).

I cannot wait for the EE! And we've not even had the release of the theatrical version yet.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 956
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 5/4/2013 4:14:24 PM   
Ref

Digital Spy have just put up a 4 minute interview with Armitage, Nesbitt and Serkis talking about The Desolation of Smaug. You get tiny new info regarding Thorin/Bilbo Friendship, Lake-Town and what we'll see in the next film:~

Follow Me

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 957
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 5/4/2013 5:17:17 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

Anyway with his permission, I have taken this from Shagrat from TORn. It's in snippets taken from Chronicles II: Creatures and Characters.

I sooo can't wait for this book!

Much more better!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 958
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 7/4/2013 2:02:16 PM   
Ref

An interview from Yahoo with Armitage, Serkis and Nesbitt as to why AUJ had to be a long film:~

Yahoo Interview

Like they all stated, it's not really a big surprise that a PJ movie is near 3 hours long - he's got previous

Post #: 959
RE: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 10/4/2013 5:05:24 PM   
Ref

An interview with Manu Bennett (Azog) from our very own Empire:~

Just in case you didn't see it on the Homepage!

Daisy the Warg - aww!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey Page: <<   < prev  29 30 31 [32] 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI