Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Hobbit

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Hobbit - 8/7/2012 2:01:25 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

new poster for comic-con here.

Fantabulous! We'll be watching it in no time.

As long as it doesn't get put back any further of course!

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 691
RE: The Hobbit - 8/7/2012 4:50:05 PM   
Fit Kisto

Granted its the weekend, but its quite surprising how slowly word of this possible release date change is spreading. So far only a few Tolkien sites are following up on it.

Hopefully there will be some kind of confirmation (or with luck a denial) early on Monday.

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 692
RE: The Hobbit - 8/7/2012 6:12:10 PM   
giggity

I'm slightly hesitant of this release date change for two reasons:

1. The LOTR films were released around the same date as the 14th, thats the prime release date reserved for all christmas blockbusters these past 10 or so years e.g. last year was Sherlock 2, before that Tron, before that Avatar etc... no other films are usually released at that time because the studios know that particular film will rule the box office that weekend and will continue to into christmas. If The Hobbit was moved, there would be no big christmas blockbuster this year.

2. Another Warner Brothers film 'The Great Gatsby' is released over here on Boxing Day, while I don't think there would be much Audience clash over the two films, no way would Warner Brothers run one of it's biggest tentpoles against another one of it's tentpoles. It's bad business.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 693
RE: The Hobbit - 8/7/2012 7:12:08 PM   
Spaldron

Makes no fucking sense tbh, its stupid and an insult to the UK fanbase and needs to be changed immediately.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 694
RE: - 9/7/2012 2:09:11 PM   
Fit Kisto

Looks like everything is okay. It was listed for the 26th in error and has since been amended.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/08/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-appears-to-have-been-delayed-at-the-very-least-in-britain/

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?
Post #: 695
RE: RE: - 9/7/2012 4:05:00 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fit Kisto

Looks like everything is okay. It was listed for the 26th in error and has since been amended.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/08/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-appears-to-have-been-delayed-at-the-very-least-in-britain/

Phew! That's that crisis over.

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 696
RE: The Hobbit - 9/7/2012 5:55:43 PM   
Ref

Thank goodness, they've confirmed this over at TORn as well.

Here's a teeny, titbit interview with Benedict Cumberbatch about Smaug:~

quote:

ORIGINAL: FemaleFirst

Benedict Cumberbatch visited London Zoo to prepare for his role as Smaug the dragon in 'The Hobbit'.

Benedict Cumberbatch visited London Zoo to prepare for his role in 'The Hobbit'.

The British actor portrays Smaug the dragon in the forthcoming 'Lord of the Rings' prequel and found it helpful to study reptiles at the famous animal attraction.

He explained to the British edition of InStyle magazine: "It's an extrapolation of a performance into something other than an actor. But essentially, you're still doing a scene."

The 'Sherlock' star - whose parents are actors Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham - believes his professionalism is helpful in his career as it makes people want to work with him again.

He explained: "I grew up surrounded by professional actors so it stood me in good stead. I know what a sin it is to be late, I'm really hot on those sorts of things.

"It's very easy to burn bridges and many actors don't think it matters, but it does because people end up saying, 'Yeah but you don't want to work with him because he's a pain in the ass.'"

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 697
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 12:50:37 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Oh, thank Crunchie! All now seems well with the world.

Art

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 698
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 2:02:44 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I want this as my wallpaper. In every room of the house.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92330

EDIT: I swear hadn't seen in Movie News when I posted. I thought I was bringing something new to the boards.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 10/7/2012 2:08:02 PM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 699
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 2:23:19 PM   
pete_traynor

Left to Right, thatís the basic structure of the first film right there. Looks amazing!

Take it weíre all banking on the first theatrical trailer with TDKR? Iím seeing that at the BFI IMAX, so I hope they screen a Hobbit trailer at 48fps if they can.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 10/7/2012 2:32:52 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 700
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 3:28:55 PM   
jon5000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

EDIT: I swear hadn't seen in Movie News when I posted. I thought I was bringing something new to the boards.

Oooh. Is that the first pic of Beorn, too?

Do wonder how they'd do him justic. Fur is such a difficult to thing to get right on screen without it looking so obviously CG. As good as Caesar was in Rise of Planets o' Apes, he still fell slightly CG-bland to me.

Post #: 701
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 3:39:06 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

So if this is the film chronologically then part 1 should come to an end sometime after the barrels. Looks like I was wrong about it ending pre- Mirkwood.

Post #: 702
RE: The Hobbit - 10/7/2012 8:02:25 PM   
Ref

quote:

It's great, isn't it. If that indeed the first film, I have a feeling that the Battle of Five Armies in the second film is gonna blow the battle for Gondor out of the water. I'm too hoping for the newer trailer to be released with TDKR - perhaps an awesomeness overload!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Post #: 703
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 1:06:25 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Great link Gimli, looks fabby!

Art

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 704
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 10:33:11 AM   
WilliamRoss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

It's great, isn't it. If that indeed the first film, I have a feeling that the Battle of Five Armies in the second film is gonna blow the battle for Gondor out of the water.
Probably, but then they still have to show the White Council and Dol Guldur in the second movie, which will play a more important part than in the book.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 705
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 10:53:14 AM   
st3veebee

Has anyone else noticed the severe lack of anticipation on these two films compared to LotR? I can't wait, though I am very nervous as The Hobbit is probably my favourite book, but I can't help notice the lack of OMG I CANT WAIT!!.

Is it too familiar? Are dwarves less exciting? Too far away still? The trailers a let down?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to WilliamRoss)
Post #: 706
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:24:48 AM   
WilliamRoss

No, I didn't and the anticipation will still increase in a few weeks or month anyway, after The Dark Knight Rises. The Hobbit will be a big hit, it has to be.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 707
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:30:04 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: WilliamRoss

No, I didn't and the anticipation will still increase in a few weeks or month anyway, after The Dark Knight Rises. The Hobbit will be a big hit, it has to be.

I have no doubt it will be a massive success...but I remember back in 2000 the anticipation was palpable. When that first trailer was shown in cinemas you could feel the excitement in the crowd. I just don't get that now...perhaps just me!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to WilliamRoss)
Post #: 708
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:34:26 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Has anyone else noticed the severe lack of anticipation on these two films compared to LotR? I can't wait, though I am very nervous as The Hobbit is probably my favourite book, but I can't help notice the lack of OMG I CANT WAIT!!.

Is it too familiar? Are dwarves less exciting? Too far away still? The trailers a let down?

Still too early I think. People are too focused on the summer releases at the moment, not least TDKR. The Hobbit films will be huge though, Iíve no doubt about that. It will start to ramp up with the theatrical trailer, which will likely be attached to TDKR and escalate towards the Autumn and Winter months. Come release it will be Middle Earth mania again Iím starting to get that feeling I had before walking into Fellowships of the Ring! Seriously hope we are not disappointed... but Jackson knows what heís doing when heís in Middle Earth. Might be time for another New Zealand trip soon too....

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 709
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:36:59 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

I have no doubt it will be a massive success...but I remember back in 2000 the anticipation was palpable. When that first trailer was shown in cinemas you could feel the excitement in the crowd. I just don't get that now...perhaps just me!

I do remember reactions like that!

Iím hoping I see the theatrical at the BFI IMAX with TDKR... and I hope it has people silenced and awed just as the FotR trailer did. Jesus that was a good trailer!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 710
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:40:04 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

quote:

With LOTR, it kind of just crept up on people. One minute we're being drip-fed information about some bearded bloke making it in New Zealand, next minute the trailer's here and it looks fantastic.

With this the entire process has been massive news and taking into account all the troubles that occurred before filming it's been going on for years. I think the surprise last time really did help.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 711
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:48:46 AM   
pete_traynor

Also, the internet wasnít what is today. Too much information about... well everything, floating about. So perhaps we simply cannot get to that level of insane anticipation anymore, which is sad.

I remember trying to download the teaser online on our PC which was almost as big as the house! Took 2 hours on that machine, the quality was appalling and all we could make out was a ring and a tree. Still sent shivers down the spine mind

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 11/7/2012 11:49:41 AM >

Post #: 712
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 8:22:08 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

quote:

Oooh. Is that the first pic of Beorn, too?

Do wonder how they'd do him justic. Fur is such a difficult to thing to get right on screen without it looking so obviously CG. As good as Caesar was in Rise of Planets o' Apes, he still fell slightly CG-bland to me.

????

Ive read the hobbit once, but is it obvious that Beorn is a bear? I had no idea until seeing this picture- im a tad confused. Having said that, I was surprised to see Shelob in ROTK as a hulking spider, for what ever reason the first time i read the book I imagined her as some bastardised half woman half spider centaur type thing. It wasnt until I read it again after film it became clear.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 713
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 8:37:34 PM   
rich

Yes Beorn is a guy that turns into a bear, it was fairly obvious

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 714
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 10:03:38 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Yes Beorn is a guy that turns into a bear, it was fairly obvious

Whaaaa? In fairness I read it over ten years ago when the films first came out (!!) but I just imagined this guy as a big, hairy, grumpy, not quite troll. Something like Hagrid really. Am i an idiot?

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 715
RE: The Hobbit - 11/7/2012 11:36:34 PM   
jon5000

He's a man not a troll! A shape-shifting man thing. I forget what the Middle Earth term is. But yeah he turns into a big bear.

Really hope they get that transformation right. They usually suck don't they!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 716
RE: The Hobbit - 12/7/2012 1:11:40 PM   
Spaldron

Jackson seems to have wussed out on showing the preview at 48fps although at least the feedback will finally focus on the content and not the frame rate.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/07/11/58798-jackson-hobbitcon-reel-will-screen-in-2d-24fps/

Post #: 717
RE: The Hobbit - 12/7/2012 1:14:13 PM   
The Big Guy

I have not read all this thread, but I wondered: am I the only person whose excitement for this release is tempered? I really like The Lord of the Rings, and even though the creative talent is the same for this film (these films) I am still hesitant about it. I fear they may be trying to bottle lightning.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 718
RE: The Hobbit - 12/7/2012 3:27:50 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Jackson seems to have wussed out on showing the preview at 48fps although at least the feedback will finally focus on the content and not the frame rate.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/07/11/58798-jackson-hobbitcon-reel-will-screen-in-2d-24fps/

Hmmmm, a little worrying that. If he made the directorial decision to shoot at 48fps 3D, then he should stand behind that and present it as such. That statement should basically be the other way around. If people really are not enjoying it in 48fps 3D they have the option of 2D at 24fps when itís released. Comic Con could have been used for damage limitation if they got the 48fps presentation right. But now weíll get to release having not seen anything to tempt us into a 48fps screening... only initial bad word of mouth that was never countered.

I was all up for going with him on this and seeing it IMAX 3D at 48fps. But now if I donít hear anything to convince me that itís not actually ruining the experience, Iíll be going IMAX 3D at 24fps

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 12/7/2012 3:30:05 PM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 719
RE: The Hobbit - 12/7/2012 6:56:50 PM   
Ref

Empire have put some photos up from Comic-Con:~

Voila!

I'm liking the individual posters.

Also in regards to the frame rate, I agree with you, Pete. PJ should have really phrased it differently and should show the 48fps instead of the 24.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI