Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Hobbit

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Hobbit - 14/3/2012 4:06:54 PM   
Ref

Show your support to save The Hobbit Pub - clicky

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 631
RE: The Hobbit - 18/3/2012 6:03:09 PM   
Ref

Again , but it looks like The Hobbit pub might be saved:~

Ta Da

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 632
RE: The Hobbit - 27/3/2012 6:08:29 PM   
Ref

Come on, PJ - can't we have maybe some new pictures to gloss over? I need my Hobbit Film Fix, man!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 633
RE: The Hobbit - 2/4/2012 8:39:33 PM   
Ref

Only one way to find out, Red. And I, for one, can't wait

A little tiny Hobbit article about Billy Connolly and his dwarven transformation:~

NZ Herald

Post #: 634
RE: The Hobbit - 9/4/2012 3:27:47 PM   
Ref

The Dominion Post has got a few snaps of Lake Town:~

Ta Da

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 635
RE: The Hobbit - 9/4/2012 7:32:54 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Do you ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 636
RE: The Hobbit - 9/4/2012 8:02:33 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Do you ever get the feeling you're talking to yourself?

Atleast he/she is commited

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 637
RE: The Hobbit - 9/4/2012 8:09:12 PM   
Ref

All the time, mon ami.

I'll start to worry about November time when shit get serious, I'll turn into Tubbs. This a local forum for local people.

League of Gentlemen

Post #: 638
RE: The Hobbit - 9/4/2012 9:16:04 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I loved the books and the LOTR films but I'm just not getting excited for this like I assumed I would. Hopefully that changes over time. Didn't think much of that first teaser. I read one post about how the part with them all singing looked like some SNL sketch (that's unfair, I know, the books are full of show tunes) I just can't get that 'skit' idea out of my head now.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 639
RE: - 21/4/2012 2:40:37 PM   
Buddy Ackerman

I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few weeks but aren't we due another trailer soon? I know it seems like only yesterday we got the 'announcement' trailer but, going by FOTR and TTT patterns, we should get a proper teaser trailer in May and a full trailer late September/early October. I know ROTK skipped the teaser trailer but I don't think that'll be the case here - the audience at that point knew that ROTK was due, FOTR and TTT had 'teased' them enough. As much as we all know that they'll be a Hobbit film in, ooh, 237 days, the general public could do with being reminded.

The only WB release in May is Dark Shadows, certainly one they think will be huge and one they may want to push the Hobbit trailer onto (there's no point holding it back until The Dark Knight Rises in July). TDKR has its new trailer with The Avengers on May 4th so it could follow the Christmas pattern where WB released a trailer for each within a week of each other. It also means the trailer is out there then for all of the summer blockbusters. Here's hoping.

< Message edited by Buddy Ackerman -- 21/4/2012 2:41:50 PM >

"If you were in my toilet bowl, I wouldn't bother flushing it. My bathmat means more to me than you!"
Post #: 640
RE: RE: - 21/4/2012 4:36:52 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buddy Ackerman

I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few weeks but aren't we due another trailer soon? I know it seems like only yesterday we got the 'announcement' trailer but, going by FOTR and TTT patterns, we should get a proper teaser trailer in May and a full trailer late September/early October. I know ROTK skipped the teaser trailer but I don't think that'll be the case here - the audience at that point knew that ROTK was due, FOTR and TTT had 'teased' them enough. As much as we all know that they'll be a Hobbit film in, ooh, 237 days, the general public could do with being reminded.

The only WB release in May is Dark Shadows, certainly one they think will be huge and one they may want to push the Hobbit trailer onto (there's no point holding it back until The Dark Knight Rises in July). TDKR has its new trailer with The Avengers on May 4th so it could follow the Christmas pattern where WB released a trailer for each within a week of each other. It also means the trailer is out there then for all of the summer blockbusters. Here's hoping.

We'll get a trailer with TDKR.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Buddy Ackerman)
Post #: 641
RE: RE: - 22/4/2012 7:53:55 AM   
Buddy Ackerman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

We'll get a trailer with TDKR.

That makes sense with the size of the film, it just seems a bit late to be releasing a teaser trailer as the full trailer will only be a couple of months later.

"If you were in my toilet bowl, I wouldn't bother flushing it. My bathmat means more to me than you!"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 642
RE: The Hobbit - 22/4/2012 1:42:19 PM   
Ref

Got a few months to that then

< Message edited by Ref -- 22/4/2012 1:47:43 PM >

(in reply to Buddy Ackerman)
Post #: 643
RE: The Hobbit - 24/4/2012 8:05:01 PM   
Ref

10 minutes of The Hobbit to be shown at CinemaCon 2012:~

Clicky for more info

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 644
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 7:44:56 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Doesn't look like the 48fps went down well.....at all. Granted they hadn't finished some scenes but I have to say this has got me slightly worried!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 645
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 7:48:58 AM   
Drew_231

IGN posted a review on the latest screening

http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223523p1.html

I didn't go into CinemaCon expecting to write anything less than great things about The Hobbit, but the very aesthetic chosen by Peter Jackson has made me very nervous about this film. It just looked ... cheap, like a videotaped or live TV version of Lord of the Rings and not the epic return to Tolkien that we have all so long been waiting for. I still have hope for The Hobbit, but I'd be lying if I didn't say my expectations for the film have now been greatly diminished.

Post #: 646
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 11:44:41 AM   
Fincher

Oh no.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 647
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 12:02:59 PM   
warren7355

Cinema almost *requires* a lower quality format to maintain an 'Epic' feel. A crystal clear picture for something like LOTR just doesn't work. TDKR, yes, but not a Fantasy Epic.

(in reply to Fincher)
Post #: 648
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 12:32:51 PM   
Fincher

Some more reactions:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/23698/cinemacon-hobbit-48fps-reactions

Should we be worried? :ohnoes:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55212

For the record I HATE the "fluid" 120 hz true motion filters on LCD tv and I have everything turned off so that i get the clean 24fps. on BDs.

(in reply to warren7355)
Post #: 649
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 12:41:29 PM   
pete_traynor

Oh no... looks like no one was feeling the 48fps!

http://www.slashfilm.com/cinemacon-ten-minutes-the-hobbit-underwhelms-higher-frame-rates-cinematic-future-james-cameron-promised/

Hopefully this will be less of an issue seeing the film as a whole, as opposed to just being thrown into footage out of context and projected in a brand new manner. God I hope thatís the case anyway. These films have to mesh with TLotR viually! Be a HUGE shame if this (of all things!) ends up looking fake and cheap.

I though this was the way forward too... letís hope it comes good for December.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to warren7355)
Post #: 650
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 1:07:16 PM   
Spaldron

It seems that all the criticism has been aimed towards the 48fps but not a single mention of the context of the scenes themselves. As for whether it really does look "70's TV" or not I'll keep an open mind until I see it myself and not forgetting the 48fps will only be available in specific screens (probably IMAX). It'll be down-converted to 24fps on 2D screens and when it reaches blu-ray.

EDIT: The footage was only ten minutes long and ungraded so I think the criticism is a tad premature.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 25/4/2012 1:14:05 PM >

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 651
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 1:21:19 PM   
Timon

An interesting article on 48 FPS and comparrisons to 120HZ and TrueMotion that you get on TVs... which I can't stand.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 652
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 1:22:23 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

An interesting article on 48 FPS and comparrisons to 120HZ and TrueMotion that you get on TVs... which I can't stand.

Fincher beat you to it.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 653
RE: The Hobbit - 25/4/2012 5:55:16 PM   
Ref

Oh dear

However, here's (in written form) a tiny summary of what appeared in the 10 minute preview:~

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/04/24/55364-spoiler-alert-cinemacon-hobbit-footage-quick-hits-torn-tuesday-moves-to-530pm-pt/#more-55364

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 654
RE: The Hobbit - 26/4/2012 5:20:05 AM   
Phubbs

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/the-hobbit-looks--made-for-tv--.html

This is interesting, it seems fans are not happy with what they have seen in LA.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 655
RE: The Hobbit - 26/4/2012 9:07:29 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

The links! The links! All the same links!

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 656
RE: The Hobbit - 26/4/2012 9:09:23 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

It seems that all the criticism has been aimed towards the 48fps but not a single mention of the context of the scenes themselves. As for whether it really does look "70's TV" or not I'll keep an open mind until I see it myself and not forgetting the 48fps will only be available in specific screens (probably IMAX). It'll be down-converted to 24fps on 2D screens and when it reaches blu-ray.

EDIT: The footage was only ten minutes long and ungraded so I think the criticism is a tad premature.

Sounds to me like the actual footage took away from the actual experience of the film, so much so that's all reviewers are commenting on. Which is a little misguided....

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 657
RE: - 28/4/2012 12:31:50 PM   
spark1

jackson defends 48fps footage-

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/27/peter-jackson-responds-hobbit/
Post #: 658
RE: The Hobbit - 28/4/2012 1:37:59 PM   
Ref

I think it's gonna have to be a 'wait and see'. All else fails, if it does not work at 48 fps we can always opt for a cinema which is showing it at the 24fps instead.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 659
RE: The Hobbit - 28/4/2012 3:55:08 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

I think it's gonna have to be a 'wait and see'. All else fails, if it does not work at 48 fps we can always opt for a cinema which is showing it at the 24fps instead.

When this footage was released there was a bit on radio 1 as i was driving home and they were talking usual rubbish about how the new 48fps would be a new revolution over 3D. I wasnt too fussed about it to be honest and im still looking forward to the hobbit- my eyes never really fully adjusted to Beowulf 3D but i still loved that...

What worried me more is this differentiation now between 48fps and "normal" films and the suggestion that chains may charge higher prices over standard films.... and that really irritated me a lot. Im going to see avengers on monday and told my friend i had no preference of 2D/3D (he is seeing it second time around and says 3D is awesome) but the fact those cost more AND Vue cinema now have "VIP" seats which you have to pay more too makes me pretty sad.... I feel priced out of the cinemas and thats before you add in popcorn or a drink. Sad times.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI