Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:51:23 PM   
Rgirvan44

Its stuff like this that makes me appreciate what they were trying to do with 30 Days of Night.

Remember when vampires were suppose to be HORROR characters and not some sub par romantic figures mopping about? I put a lot of the blame on Anne Rice and Buffy.

At least in 30 Days there was an attempt to make them the monsters that are more likley to rip out your throat then whisper sweet nothings into your ear.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 31
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 27/8/2008 12:25:03 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Its stuff like this that makes me appreciate what they were trying to do with 30 Days of Night.

Remember when vampires were suppose to be HORROR characters and not some sub par romantic figures mopping about? I put a lot of the blame on Anne Rice and Buffy.

At least in 30 Days there was an attempt to make them the monsters that are more likley to rip out your throat then whisper sweet nothings into your ear.

Yeah 30 Days of Night is the best vampire film for years where the vampires are actually scary. Not the kind of hammer horror nip on the neck interpretation but ones that would go for the jugular and not let go.  

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 32
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 27/8/2008 12:25:09 PM   
captainrentboy

Wow the comments from the new site members regarding this story are awesome.
At first I had absolutely zero interest in the flick, then I saw all the screaming obsessive teeny boppers at this year's Comic Con, and the fact that this really wasn't going to be a film for me became even more apparent.
But now, after reading these comments, I've come to see the error of my ways. As it would seem I was infact unaware that it stars our generation's next Brando/Pacino/De Niro.
And I just thought he was some whitefaced, cape wearing ponce. :)

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 33
RE: RE: Twilight - 27/8/2008 1:25:20 PM   
Acho

quote:

Whose Robert Pattinson?

I can't be 100% sure, but I think.....I think....you can find out more about him here: http://themovie-fanatic.com/

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 34
Damn yoooou Empire! - 27/8/2008 1:38:35 PM   
imperio_girl

Er, I could be wrong Knight of Zyryab, but I'm pretty sure this tweentastic flick isn't eactly billing itself as a...ahem "HORROR"...

Back to my smiting of Empire...damn you, i thought Breaking Dawn had just about put a stake through the heart of my interest in this film, no matter how OME rpattz is...now i find that you have started to treat as more than a cheesy joke and confirmed my suspicions that it is more-ish and I'm not just in a state of arrested development...oh well, back to the twilight news text alerts...she said feigning reluctance...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 35
RE: Damn yoooou Empire! - 27/8/2008 1:45:06 PM   
paulyboy

Did the Pattison fan club invade this thread or is his PR dept pulling a fast one?

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 27/8/2008 7:53:13 PM >

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to imperio_girl)
Post #: 36
RE;RE: Damn yoooou Empire! - 27/8/2008 1:56:58 PM   
imperio_girl

Yup, we are a dedicated bunch, at Pattinson PR...we snuck in between repeats of hannah montana and youtubing the High School Musical Trailer...

Post #: 37
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 27/8/2008 2:17:12 PM   
Gemmapelle

God, this is the most unintentionally hilarious thread I've read on here in a while. I'm sure the level of fawning would embarrass Mr Pattinson himself. Where did all the PR people come from?

That said, I'm interested to see how the film will turn out. The teaser trailer was alright but the full trailer was just shite. The acting looks wooden and the film looks boring. Though since it's the director of Thirteen I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly suprised. The books are alright - totally over-rated but perfectly capture teen angst and sexual tension which might explain their popularity - it's a pity Bella's a vacuous idiotic pain in the arse most of the time.

As for Mr Pattinson, he might suprise us with his acting ability - I'll reserve judgement on whether he's the actor of his generation until I see him in something decent and challenging though  I wonder if the poor fella realises the amount of scary OTT adulation that's coming his way if the Comic Con reaction was anything to go by...

"Death is the road to awe..."

Post #: 38
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 27/8/2008 3:19:12 PM   
Helen OHara

I'm reading this thread, and my spider-sense is going crazy. Consider most of yourselves on my watch list. Further cheerleading for obscure films should be avoided, ladies (if ladies you be) lest I assume you're all PRs and send you back to the stone age.

< Message edited by Helen OHara -- 27/8/2008 3:23:00 PM >

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to Gemmapelle)
Post #: 39
Breaking News regarding "Twilight" - 27/8/2008 3:56:59 PM   
ecgirl1

The cast and crew of the movie "Twilight" are back in the studio filming additional (not retakes) scenes. The producers, after viewing the movie, decided it was so good they would spice it up even more by adding scenes. Cannot wait to see this movie!

ecgirl1

Post #: 40
RE: Breaking News regarding "Twilight" - 27/8/2008 4:58:48 PM   
Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: ecgirl1

The cast and crew of the movie "Twilight" are back in the studio filming additional (not retakes) scenes. The producers, after viewing the movie, decided it was so good they would spice it up even more by adding scenes. Cannot wait to see this movie!

ecgirl1

And the translation of the producers statement reads like the following: "It's a pile of shit, so we've had to go back and shoot some additional action scenes to entice an audience that isn't just young naive girls."

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to ecgirl1)
Post #: 41
RE: Breaking News regarding "Twilight" - 27/8/2008 5:23:21 PM   
rupert303

A tweeny titillation book about vampires written by a Mormon...hmm. While I normally try and add more constructive comments, to this I have only one:

Crock. Of. Shit.

And you can stick that up your Patterson.

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 42
Pattinson will be a top Hollywood actor - 27/8/2008 5:54:36 PM   
cazzybbb

The UK press may have overlooked Pattinson but soon he'll be the UK's biggest actor. He's a very versatile actor and I'm very excited about his Salvador Dali film. Little Ashes looks awesome but I'm going to enjoy Twilight too. Its a guilty pleasure.

Post #: 43
RE: Breaking News regarding "Twilight" - 27/8/2008 5:54:49 PM   
britesparc

The tweens have Robert Pattison in Twilight, and their mums have Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia!.

The ladies have it made at the flicks this year!

You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 44
RE: Breaking News regarding "Twilight" - 27/8/2008 5:55:11 PM   
sanchia

Funny thread.  It does definitely sound like a PR department on the rampage  

Having just looked up this Pattinson bloke on idle curiousity I now recognise him as the remarkably wooden actor from something on BBC 4 last year the name of which eludes me.  I can remember wondering where the floorboards ended and he began.  Also having seen the trailer it looks on a par with that Reny Harlin film of last year The Covenant which in itself came across as a poor tv pilot which is the same sense I get from this trailer. 

< Message edited by sanchia -- 27/8/2008 6:04:15 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 45
- 27/8/2008 5:56:08 PM   
cazzybbb

By the way Rob doesnt give a stuff about PR but his fans are a formidable bunch. You are just going to have to get used to us. Hi geeky guys.

Post #: 46
RE: - 27/8/2008 5:58:27 PM   
rupert303

I think the mods should shut this thread down. just to see how much outrage this totally unkown guy's 'fans' can really bring.

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to cazzybbb)
Post #: 47
Yummy! - 27/8/2008 5:58:35 PM   
joanna likes films

Post #: 48
RE: - 27/8/2008 6:00:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: cazzybbb

By the way Rob doesnt give a stuff about PR but his fans are a formidable bunch. You are just going to have to get used to us. Hi geeky guys.

For my sins that made me laugh.

Like how they call him Rob. What if he prefered Bob or Bobby?

I'm calling it now - the review thread for this movie will be the best thing ever.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to cazzybbb)
Post #: 49
Yummy!Part 2 - 27/8/2008 6:01:55 PM   
joanna likes films

Hello, sorry, I pressed enter by accident. I cannot wait for Twilight, its so unfair we have to wait until January while the US gets it in 2 months time!!!I'm glad they've added more scenes, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the original cut at all. I think Robert Pattinson is gorgeous, but a very good actor. He will really show how good he is in Twilight, and then his career will really take off. Swoon!

Post #: 50
RE: - 27/8/2008 6:08:04 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: cazzybbb

Considering how little he has actually done having looked at his IMDB page  it obviously doesn't take much to please you   and with regards to not caring about PR then he obviously has a very poor concept of how Hollywood works.

Interestingly the Curtis Brown Group are listed as representing his PR needs.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 27/8/2008 6:12:55 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to cazzybbb)
Post #: 51
RE: RE: - 27/8/2008 6:32:32 PM   
Rgirvan44

Its amazing. Out of the 11 films listed on his imdb page I have seen 5.

Still don't have a clue who he is.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 52
- 27/8/2008 7:06:25 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Hey maybe all the fangirls can do for Twilight what all the fanboys did for The Dark Knight and push it to number 1 in the IMDB top 250. Now that would be funny to see. Cos I can imagine Twilight will be much better than Lawrence of Arabia, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, Star Wars, The Godfather etc etc but will be criminally overlooked by the Oscar committee etc etc

Post #: 53
RE: RE: - 27/8/2008 7:39:49 PM   
Acho

quote:

I'm calling it now - the review thread for this movie will be the best thing ever.

Ha! I reckon you're right. I'm equal parts looking forward to/dreading it already!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 54
Team Edward - 27/8/2008 7:52:26 PM   
moviebuff29

i love that behind the scenes picture, its wicked. i think Robert Pattinson is perfect for this role, he has the whole look, he can act like he is brooding but at the sometime he just dazzels you. this movie is going to be wicked. rock on twilight and rock on rob pattinson, kristen stewart and the rest of the great cast

Post #: 55
RE: Damn yoooou Empire! - 27/8/2008 8:58:09 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: imperio_girl

Er, I could be wrong Knight of Zyryab, but I'm pretty sure this tweentastic flick isn't eactly billing itself as a...ahem "HORROR"...

Back to my smiting of Empire...damn you, i thought Breaking Dawn had just about put a stake through the heart of my interest in this film, no matter how OME rpattz is...now i find that you have started to treat as more than a cheesy joke and confirmed my suspicions that it is more-ish and I'm not just in a state of arrested development...oh well, back to the twilight news text alerts...she said feigning reluctance...

Well I was actually being OT.... nonetheless how are creatures that drink the blood of humans not even remotely horrific ? Any story that involves the myth of vampires immediately evokes in my mind a being that is separate from humanity.

One must say that Pattinson really outdid Daniel Radcliffe in Goblet of Fire though - still, not hard to upstage someone with the acting range of a Californian redwood.

< Message edited by KnightofZyryab -- 27/8/2008 9:06:26 PM >

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to imperio_girl)
Post #: 56
Robert Pattinson - a wonderful British Talent - 28/8/2008 12:46:19 PM   
skiptonch

The new young actors to take the place of the Depp's of this world need to come from somewhere so why not this super talented individual. Why not a Brit for a change. As actors like Depp and Damon take older roles we need new young blood to come through.

Pattinson has is the ability to play characters with warmth and also more chilling individuals. In all honesty most actors tend to find it hard to get warmth across on screen. Rob has no such problem.

I think Pattinson could have an amazing career. I really do. His versatility is key.

Someone posted this on tMF a while ago and it resonated with me:

"As well as a ridiculous amount of talent he is amazingly sexy. Infact I cant think of an actor working today who radiates such sex appeal. Not even the big names like Depp/Di Caprio/Bale. He reminds me of the old sexy Hollywood movie stars. Brando/James Dean. "

I think Rob exudes a hot sex appeal but its combined with a vulnerability and sensitivity which is completely beguiling. Someone said he was timeless and thats so true. I'd definately say he has the sexual magnetism of an icon like Brando or Dean. But hopefully without the tragic flaws!

Post #: 57
Robert Pattinson - 28/8/2008 12:57:09 PM   
Karl Crutchley

Are people going mental over ths guy because he's actual good, or just because he plays Edward in this fangirls wetdream of a film? I seriously don't remember him in Harry Potter at all.

Post #: 58
Twilight will make Pattinson a big star - 28/8/2008 12:58:45 PM   
musebaby

All of the top actors made commercial films to get the leverage they needed to do quality work. Twilight will help Pattinson enormously. I was impressed by the work Pattinson has taken on recently particularly in indie films like How To Be and Little Ashes. His Salvador Dali role looks awesome. He has the skill to really make it big in Hollywood. He's not only a pretty face but a quality actor. Very versatile with a hell of a lot of charisma and sex appeal. He also has a lot of dedicated fans who arent just interested in Twilight. Thats a big help too.

As another fan said like all top actors he is a character actor in a leading man's physique. This versatility will hold him in good stead in Hollywood. He can play heroes and villains and the ambiguous grey areas too.

Post #: 59
RE: Twilight will make Pattinson a big star - 28/8/2008 2:25:15 PM   
Karl Crutchley

quote:

ORIGINAL: musebaby
He also has a lot of dedicated fans who arent just interested in Twilight. Thats a big help too.

Obviously, as you have all signed up for Empire Online just to tell us all how good he is.

< Message edited by Karl Crutchley -- 28/8/2008 2:40:48 PM >

(in reply to musebaby)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI