Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 3:19:58 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 26/8/2008 3:19:58 PM   
clarkkent

wow, this looks like what if we did the O.C with vampires. Really doesn't show me anything to get me even vaguely interested. Seems like fodder for the 13 year old girls in the audience.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 26/8/2008 4:13:44 PM   
prophecygirl

Thanks Empire! Already seen the pic in a scan from the new mag, but this one is much better minus the text.

Post #: 3
- 26/8/2008 5:45:06 PM   
KnightofZyryab

Pass ... looks like this'll be a mediocre teen melodrama with camp vampires.

Post #: 4
Pattinson is going to be a huge star - 26/8/2008 5:45:57 PM   
devoted

I think people in the UK are way behind the times. Pattinson rocks and will go to the very top in Hollywood. Watch out for him play Salvador Dali in Little Ashes

Post #: 5
Pattinson - extremely versatile actor - 26/8/2008 6:42:18 PM   
acertree

Robert Pattinson is a very talented actor. Lots of charisma, screen presence and sex appeal. Just read all the articles on him here and the huge level of fan support. It would be unwise to underestimate him or the film.
http://themovie-fanatic.com/

Post #: 6
Pattinson is the one to watch for the future - 26/8/2008 6:55:29 PM   
hollyoa

While Twilight isnt exactly high art. Pattinson will be a huge star. His new film Little Ashes is due out early 2009. He plays Salvador Dali and I for one cant wait to see it. http://www.littleashes-themovie.com/ Twilight will raise his profile hugely. Did anyone see the amazing reaction at Comic Con. MTV said it was like the Beatles had arrived when Rob came on stage. There had never been a reaction like it.

Post #: 7
Pattinson set for stardom - 26/8/2008 7:37:21 PM   
janeby1

The film maybe a teen romance but Pattinson is going to break big time from it. He's currently No 1 under 25 on starmeter on IMDB and No 4 for all actors. Interest is massive for him and the film is nowhere near out yet.

He is a very good actor and when a few of his new films are released a wide audience will realise this. It wont be long before Empire are writing about him all the time. Watch out for Little Ashes where he plays Salvador Dali and a small indie film called How To Be. He's also due to star in a film with Olivia Thirlby called Parts per Billion. An actor to watch out for.

Huge support for him on http://themovie-fanatic.com/

He'd make a wonderful Riddler. About time they had a younger baddie in the Batman films.

Post #: 8
Addicted - 26/8/2008 7:43:33 PM   
CullenFever

I'm totally overindulging in Twilight at the moment and can't wait for the movie. Yep, literally cannot wait...I really hope we get it in Nov. (i hope your reading Summit) A LOT of fans in the UK are eager for this film. Please dont underestimate us. there are petitions everywhere.

Oh and btw there are a lot of "older" fans into Twilight. This isnt just another teen movie. :)

Post #: 9
- 26/8/2008 7:45:19 PM   
kryptongirl

If this movie doesn't make Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson stars, I will be very very surprised.

Post #: 10
team Edward and team jacob? - 26/8/2008 7:47:25 PM   
CullenFever

well to be honest, ive always been switzerland. I love them both as characters, though edward and bella were meant to be.

But it is still out there...team edward triumphed..but team jacob got their revenge with nessie didnt they, hahaha.

Switz ftw.

Post #: 11
Twilight - 26/8/2008 8:31:03 PM   
NiceIceEdward

Twilight will be a fantastic film. It won't be Doctor Zhivago, or Anna Karenina, but I still believe it will be a beautiful love story with action, and judging by Catherine Hardwicke's enthusiasm in the project, it will also have great effects, a true to the novel story line, and a great sound track.
Too many have discounted the fan base on this film, and I believe the various Twilight fandoms (of which, believe me, there are a frighteningly vast amount) are grossly underestimated. Knowing what I've seen around the web, my mind is still boggled that this group of Young Hollywood "next best thing" hopefuls haven't landed many more covers and articles. I'm so pleased, and thrilled to look forward to the October Empire story, and I can't wait to see the spread (there's been no shortage of hype about the Cullen men.).

One last note: It has to be said, there is a very ripe crop of Hollywood talent in this film, Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen) is positively one of the best under 25 actors I have seen in quite some time. He's versatile, willing to allow himself to go against type, as well as committed to making the most of each character he portrays (see "The Haunted Airman" and the upcoming "How To Be"). Kellan Lutz (Emmett Cullen) has already shown in a couple of goofy, but fun teen films, as well as his incredible character in Generation Kill that he also can carry whatever gets thrown his way. Even his mildly creepy machoism in his appearance on CSI ("Empty Eyes") is decidedly worthwhile viewing. Then there is Jackson Rathbone (Jasper Hale) who is just the most amazing and fresh faced actor out there. His smile is enough to launch any career, but his acting will strongly support it. I'm disappointed he has been in so little as yet, but I'm hopeful that his roles in "S. Darko" and of course "Twilight" will bring him to the public eye, which will benefit any project he is attached to. Also Kr

Post #: 12
Rob Pattinson - Top Actor - Future World Star - 26/8/2008 8:48:21 PM   
medina

Twilight isnt going to be a classic but Pattinson will reap huge rewards from the exposure. He's a fantastic actor (just watch him in The Haunted Airman or How To Be or Little Ashes when it comes out) . Twilight will make him a star in the way that Titanic did for Di Caprio. Variety said the same thing a few weeks ago.

He also has the sex appeal and looks to be a top leading man in Hollywood. Not essential but useful nevertheless. He's at ease with comedy and drama which most Hollywood actors arent. A future Depp. I think so.

Post #: 13
- 26/8/2008 8:49:29 PM   
vysed

Thank you for covering Twilight. I am excited beyond words for this movie.

Post #: 14
Rob Pattinson will make this film a delight to see - 26/8/2008 9:08:31 PM   
wriggle

As an asside I'd love to see Pattinson as the new Superman. Pattinson's clips so far have been fantastic. I had the pleasure of seeing an early screening of his film' How to be' and Pattinson was amazing. He blew me away. Expect big things from this actor.

He's going to impress everyone when they see Twilight. Not because the film is a masterpiece but its a difficult role and he's pitched it perfectly. He'll be a huge sex symbol from now on but more importantly the work he's about to release (in particular the Salvador Dali role) will make people sit up and take notice. Empire focuses too much on other actors. Its time they took more interest in Rob Pattinson.

Post #: 15
- 26/8/2008 9:11:55 PM   
wriggle

Why hasnt the UK film release ben brought forward?

Post #: 16
RE: Pattinson is going to be a huge star - 26/8/2008 10:02:57 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoted

I think people in the UK are way behind the times. Pattinson rocks and will go to the very top in Hollywood. Watch out for him play Salvador Dali in Little Ashes

Yes I think we are too.

Is that the best demonstration of Pattinson's "talents" in the Haunted Airman ? It was an average performance in something far too trivial to augur an auspicious future in Hollywood. The number of film promoters on here at the moment though ... very amusing.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to devoted)
Post #: 17
RE: - 26/8/2008 10:24:54 PM   
prophecygirl

quote:

ORIGINAL: wriggle

Why hasnt the UK film release ben brought forward?

I contacted Summit, and they told me that they were still figuring the International release dates out, and that they should have more info in a couple of weeks. (got the email today)

(in reply to wriggle)
Post #: 18
- 26/8/2008 10:47:00 PM   
TOMmyn@t0r

I'll agree with them saying that the book twilight is far from high art and sadly was one of the most dissapointing books i ever read, partly due to all the hype, yet also to the fact that what could have been awesome dark romances quickly became formulaic.
I had to content myself with an abscence of vampires, and merely our vacuous heroine stubling from one plot to the other, each of which could have been seen coming a mile off.
Still, I'm prepared to be surprised and I hope that Kristen Stewart can act better than Stephenie Meyer can write.

Post #: 19
RE: - 26/8/2008 10:53:31 PM   
hollyoa

"The number of film promoters on here at the moment though ... very amusing. "

Actually I think you'll find Empire will have to get used to lots of twilight fans. They are a poweful bunch.  Infact its tempting to go find a number to join right now.

(in reply to TOMmyn@t0r)
Post #: 20
RE: RE: - 26/8/2008 11:06:14 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: hollyoa

"The number of film promoters on here at the moment though ... very amusing. "

Actually I think you'll find Empire will have to get used to lots of twilight fans. They are a poweful bunch.  Infact its tempting to go find a number to join right now.

We heathen shall remain stolid against such a siege !

(in reply to hollyoa)
Post #: 21
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:07:25 PM   
twilightfan

I do hope that your quote about the date of the movie being released here is false. We have been hoping for it to be brought forward from the original 9th January to fall in line with the rest of the world. A February release will be too late. Robert Pattinson is such a good actor. I mean how many actors leave their homes to live the part threee months before the film crew get to the set? He's a pro and as previous posts have commented, his forthcoming roles in How to Be (haven't seen anything but a trailer but know people who have) and Little Ashes look sure to escalate him from a bit player in Harry Potter to being one of the UK's best exports.

Post #: 22
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:16:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming"

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to twilightfan)
Post #: 23
RE: RE: - 26/8/2008 11:17:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

Whose Robert Pattinson?

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 26/8/2008 11:18:18 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 24
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:33:46 PM   
bad hat harry

saw the trailer for this & it just looks exactly like every other vampire movie that's come out in the last 15 or 20 years. it must be possible to come up with a vampire movie that doesn't involve rehashing the same handful of ideas & characters. Wow vampires that get angst ridden, mope around a bit &  who will only drink animal blood. And that falls in love with a human at some point.  this just looks like Buffy the vampire slayer without a sense of humor. Robert Pattinson  is pretty but totally blank. he could be a decent actor if he learns how to show any kind of emotion, at all.  he's got that Orlando Bloom thing where he looks good on a poster, but watching him for two hours in a movie is a mixture of tedium, annoyance & wondering how it's possible for a real live person to have eyebrows that look like that. 

< Message edited by bad hat harry -- 26/8/2008 11:41:24 PM >

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.
Woody Allen

Post #: 25
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:41:21 PM   
Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: twilightfan

I mean how many actors leave their homes to live the part threee months before the film crew get to the set? He's a pro and as previous posts have commented, his forthcoming roles in How to Be (haven't seen anything but a trailer but know people who have) and Little Ashes look sure to escalate him from a bit player in Harry Potter to being one of the UK's best exports.

I'm sure the 3 months of 'intense' living the part beforehand is worth the amount of poon he's sure to get judging by the noise in here.

The film looks rubbish I'm afraid, plain and simple. I'm sure it won't make much of a dent at the box office apart from a few hundred thousand girls slobbering all over it.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

Post #: 26
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:44:28 PM   
devoted

Twilight wont appeal to guys simple as that. Its a girl film and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it. Just like all those screaming fans at Comic Con. Twilight and Rob in particular got the biggest reaction EVER at Comic Con. Beating any actor you can mention.

But he is a good actor. Just wait till Little Ashes comes out. He plays Dali and its going to be fantastic.  

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/162/clipboard01ls4.jpg

< Message edited by devoted -- 26/8/2008 11:49:48 PM >

(in reply to bad hat harry)
Post #: 27
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:45:39 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming"

"Stand firm man ! Lest they break the barriers of this fortress, we shall spurn their attempts to shatter the fortitude to which they can never testify, and cast asunder these hordes of darkness ... "

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 28
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:47:01 PM   
Scabby

To be honest, us reserved British lot don't take much to screaming and whooping at the sight of somebody whoever the fuck they are. 

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to devoted)
Post #: 29
RE: Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image - 26/8/2008 11:50:44 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: twilightfan

I mean how many actors leave their homes to live the part threee months before the film crew get to the set? He's a pro and as previous posts have commented, his forthcoming roles in How to Be (haven't seen anything but a trailer but know people who have) and Little Ashes look sure to escalate him from a bit player in Harry Potter to being one of the UK's best exports.

I'm sure the 3 months of 'intense' living the part beforehand is worth the amount of poon he's sure to get judging by the noise in here.

The film looks rubbish I'm afraid, plain and simple. I'm sure it won't make much of a dent at the box office apart from a few hundred thousand girls slobbering all over it.

Ha ha yeah, sounds like a real method actor ...

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: On-Set Twilight Image Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI