Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Affleck Signs On For New Mike Judge Pic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Affleck Signs On For New Mike Judge Pic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Affleck Signs On For New Mike Judge Pic - 21/8/2008 8:27:09 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Office Space and Idiocracy both undeservedly flopped? - 21/8/2008 8:27:09 AM   
D-ToX

While Office Space is a really funny movie it does sag a bit towards the end and as for Idiocracy, its just not very good and most importantly not very funny.

But this does have a better cast than Idiocracy and I think that was one of the key problems with that film.

There is no doubting that Mike Judge has good ideas but maybe he should be selling the scripts instead of directing movies.

But the premise sounds interesting so maybe this will be the film where he gets it right.

We will see...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 21/8/2008 1:45:38 PM   
dunkah

As much as I love Mike Judge and in particular Office Space, i gotta say Idiocracy just didn't work for me. I can see where he was going with it but the end result was just flat out unfunny. Hopefully this will be a return to form for him. Colour me also excited.

Post #: 3
- 21/8/2008 6:07:13 PM   
sanchia

Office Space is a hidden gem. However, Idiocracy was a rather poor film attempting to extend one joke to one and a half hours and failing more often than not. It quite deservedly flopped. Hopefully Judge has learnt from this and makes it a bit more substantial next time.

Post #: 4
RE: - 22/8/2008 2:04:47 AM   
somekindof_battery

Office Space was great, though yeah did dry up on laughs towards the end. Idocracy had some moments that really made me laugh such as anything with the president but overall was weak.

Nothing will touch Beavis and Butt-head and King of the Hill. Two Classic shows right there.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 5
I loved Idiocracy - 22/8/2008 1:19:11 PM   
Teamwak

It had many fantastic scenes, including the Cjief Justice being called Beef Supreme, and one of the best lines I've heard in a movie. Dumb Man "I like sex and I like money", second Dumb Man "I like sex, and I likemoney! We should become best friends" :)

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Affleck Signs On For New Mike Judge Pic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI