Hobbit

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hobbit - 21/8/2008 1:32:52 PM   
ryecatcher

Why 2 films, its only a short book, 1 would be plenty, and why these 3 writing it, they fucked up lord of the rings, especially the two towers, how much are they going to add to the book to make it two films, it seems to me its all about money.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Why 2 films - 21/8/2008 5:01:48 PM   
pete_traynor

The BBC has it wrong. The adaptation of the Hobbit has always been one movie. What they have missed out with their sloppy research is that the 2nd film will be an original story that will fill the time frame and take us up to the opening of TLOTR

Post #: 32
RE: Why 2 films - 21/8/2008 5:21:21 PM   
rupert303

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

The BBC has it wrong. The adaptation of the Hobbit has always been one movie. What they have missed out with their sloppy research is that the 2nd film will be an original story that will fill the time frame and take us up to the opening of TLOTR

don't even get me started on this!

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 33
2nd film must be about Aragorn - 21/8/2008 6:53:11 PM   
beleg

why is everyone worried about the 2nd film, surely the writers of the LOTR will deliver 2 top quality films, the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)and should include the white council and lothlorien elves driving Sauron from Dol Guldur, The 2nd film will concentrate on Aragorn, his wanderings with gandalf, early romance with Arwen fighting for Thengel of Rohan and Ecthelion of Gondor and his victory over the corsairs at Umbar and his pursuit of Gollum with Gandalf and eventual capture and deliveryu to Thranduil, After these films how about the silmarillion as a trilogy each film concentrating on the 3 main human stories in the war of the jewels- Beren, Turin and Tuor, that would be brilliant if done right.

Post #: 34
RE: Why 2 films - 22/8/2008 2:06:58 AM   
somekindof_battery

quote:

ORIGINAL: rupert303

quote:

I don't see a problem, there's oodles of material to draw from, it's not like they're creating something totally new. Tolken wrote loads about middle earth outside of the Hobbit and LotR

Also i watched Return of the King today. i fringging love that film even if it has 6 endings.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 35
RE: Why 2 films - 22/8/2008 2:54:00 PM   
darrenlmf

Loved the LotR trilogy - hope the Hobbit isn't a let down but I think the right people are on board to make it a success.  Not sure why they are doing 2 films though as all of the other films were based on the books.

(in reply to somekindof_battery)
Post #: 36
RE: Why NOT 2 films??? - 22/8/2008 3:31:41 PM   
pete_traynor

I really canít see why anyone is all that worried about the 2nd film. Itís another Jackson and co journey into Middle Earth! I donít think those of us who enjoyed the last three are in the minority by any stretch of the imagination. I have complete faith that they will pull this off and while people have complained about certain major revisions considered for the first films (Arwen at Helms Deep, Sauron fight in ROTK etc) Jackson never included them, realising that it was never intended by Tolkien. His, and his teams respect for the material won out and will again. Just No James Mcavoy as Bilbo please. I donít like himÖ

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to darrenlmf)
Post #: 37
RE: Why 2 films - 22/8/2008 3:35:00 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

What, the rapidly declining standards at the BBC?

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 38
RE: Why 2 films - 25/8/2008 9:00:26 AM   
rupert303

quote:

quote:

What, the rapidly declining standards at the BBC?

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 39
RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn - 28/8/2008 10:03:59 AM   
JokerTheClown

"the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)"/

Really, so you don't want an adaptation of the book and for it to just be completely different? "The Hobbit" wasn't a child-like book at all. Bert and Tom were their names, so they'll probably be in the film with those names. Deal with it.

(in reply to beleg)
Post #: 40
RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn - 28/8/2008 10:19:23 AM   
Rumbaabaa

quote:

ORIGINAL: JokerTheClown

"the Hobbit needs to be like the LOTR(both film and Book) and not like the child-like book(trolls called Bert &Tom)"/

Really, so you don't want an adaptation of the book and for it to just be completely different? "The Hobbit" wasn't a child-like book at all. Bert and Tom were their names, so they'll probably be in the film with those names. Deal with it.

Really? It is a children's book, you know...

(in reply to JokerTheClown)
Post #: 41
RE: 2nd film must be about Aragorn - 2/9/2008 6:05:43 PM   
BlancmangePie

You know your facts. I hope they don't make a film based on the Silmarillion; it'd be far too long and have too many events in it.
They should adapt...erm...is it "The Book of Lost Tales"? Something like that. They'd make good films.

(in reply to beleg)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hobbit Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI