Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hobbit Team Have Started On Script

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hobbit Team Have Started On Script Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hobbit Team Have Started On Script - 20/8/2008 7:41:01 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 20/8/2008 7:41:01 AM   
morg1138

Yippee!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Invented events....hmmm.... - 20/8/2008 8:00:16 AM   
charltni

as opposed to factual events? Jokes aside, this could be the problem....who's going to take on this menacing and daunting task of writing the follow up to The Hobbit? The late, great Robert Jordan would of been pretty sweet.

Post #: 3
Dont be hasty! - 20/8/2008 8:46:45 AM   
nclowe

Scripts finished by mid-2009 to shoot in Autumn 2009?? That doesn't leave a lot of time for pre-production.... Considering how much love and hardwork (and years!) went into creating the masterpiece that was LOTR, I really hope this isn't rushed through to meet the 2010 release date. I'd much rather they take and extra year to get it all right!

Post #: 4
just curious....... - 20/8/2008 9:01:39 AM   
tango fett

obviously this is all good news but is fran walsh jacksons other half not writting these projects with everyone else as well? could've sworn i heard she was. if she is and empire isn't giving her the credit then that a bit harsh. or could just be a mistake from the empire team or i could've been misinformed. who knows?

Post #: 5
Jonny Z - 20/8/2008 9:02:57 AM   
jmebaby25

I'm looking forward to this - I loved the trilogy and Del Toro is a visionary genius. What worries me is the thought of Jackson & Boyens penning a sequel. They were fantastic at bringing Tolkien's world to life, but they had strange moments of insanity when trying to dabble with the story.

Remember how they wanted Arwen to fight at Helms Deep? Even worse, they wanted Aragorn to duel it out with Sauron in a big bout of fisticuffs outside the black gate. They changed this at the end to him fighting a troll instead.

It's those moments that bother me slightly. Lets hope that the small voice in their head that says "don't be stupid" continues to reign them in.

Post #: 6
Is that a Before & After pic? - 20/8/2008 9:03:14 AM   
nicky1975

Is that a Before & After pic?

Post #: 7
- 20/8/2008 9:20:43 AM   
Greg Andrew

Let the DVD extra filming commense...

Post #: 8
- 20/8/2008 10:00:03 AM   
Greg Andrew

Let the DVD extra filming commense...

Post #: 9
RE: just curious....... - 20/8/2008 10:03:23 AM   
Olly Richards

quote:

ORIGINAL: tango fett

obviously this is all good news but is fran walsh jacksons other half not writting these projects with everyone else as well? could've sworn i heard she was. if she is and empire isn't giving her the credit then that a bit harsh. or could just be a mistake from the empire team or i could've been misinformed. who knows?

Walsh is involved. Accidentally left her off the original story through no dislike for Walsh, only due to writing things early and being bleary-eyed but have put her name in now.

(in reply to tango fett)
Post #: 10
RE: just curious....... - 20/8/2008 10:18:45 AM   
rupert303

No problem with The Hobbit, it would always have been the easiest Tolken book to adapt with its fairly simple, linier story arc. And Del Toro is an excellent directorial choice.

But why-oh-why are they making TWO movies? And just making one completely up, at that.

Its bound to be about Gandelf and his taking out of Sauron in Mirkwood (cool enough idea), but if they have the cheek to shoehorn Bilbo into that I'll spew.

And Ian Holm HAS to play Bilbo. The whole point is that he doesn't age a day after finding the ring.

< Message edited by rupert303 -- 20/8/2008 10:21:25 AM >

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to Olly Richards)
Post #: 11
RE: just curious....... - 20/8/2008 10:40:12 AM   
Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olly Richards

quote:

Walsh is involved. Accidentally left her off the original story through no dislike for Walsh, only due to writing things early and being bleary-eyed but have put her name in now.

You might want to change trio to quartet then.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Olly Richards)
Post #: 12
Re just curious - 20/8/2008 10:54:23 AM   
mudskins

If you read the article you will see her name placed neatly after jacksons.

Post #: 13
RE: just curious....... - 20/8/2008 10:58:53 AM   
Spaldron

I heard the book is out already. I mean c'mon! Imagine releasing a book based on a film that isnt even out yet. Have they no shame?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 14
- 20/8/2008 11:31:15 AM   
richCie

theres four of them...not a "trio"
Olly can't count in his excitment

Post #: 15
Let's hope Bilbo turns his frown upside down this time ... - 20/8/2008 12:36:30 PM   
keyzersaulsie

... my God Frodo couldn't half moan.

Post #: 16
"Hello? Do you have a book by J.R.R. Tolkein? It's... - 20/8/2008 12:38:44 PM   
keyzersaulsie

"My name? It's J.R.R. Tolkein."

Yell.com. It's not just there for the nasty things in life, like blocked drains, leaky roof tops and the most arduous opening of litererary trilogies ever conceived of by humankind.

Post #: 17
- 20/8/2008 3:53:38 PM   
osh man

colin flirth for bilbo.

Post #: 18
Beards Beards Beards...................... - 20/8/2008 3:53:56 PM   
tetchy

..................and more beards.
Everyone in this movie will have beards, even the women and the children and the dragons and the trees and Tom Bombadil and Treebeard and old Beardy McBeard the Bearded from Beardakistan.
The director has a beard, the producer has a beard and ALL the writers have beards, (Think about it).
It should be renamed The Bearded Hobbit.

Post #: 19
- 20/8/2008 5:29:39 PM   
tango fett

sorry to be a nagging mistake spotter there Olly. But back to topic i really don't see why anyone is worried about the second movie. These guys arn't going to do anything that could destroy the world that J.R.R created. Besides i think i would trust these four with my life, let alone a movie. Although this will be one of the biggest movie's it will still be a movie. So set back, relax and eargely await 2010 or whenever it is and then go to the cinema and back to middle earth.

Post #: 20
With all I's crossed and T's dotted - 20/8/2008 5:37:11 PM   
johnmcclane

Post #: 21
RE: - 20/8/2008 7:26:46 PM   
rupert303

quote:

sorry to be a nagging mistake spotter there Olly. But back to topic i really don't see why anyone is worried about the second movie. These guys arn't going to do anything that could destroy the world that J.R.R created. Besides i think i would trust these four with my life, let alone a movie. Although this will be one of the biggest movie's it will still be a movie. So set back, relax and eargely await 2010 or whenever it is and then go to the cinema and back to middle earth.

I'm sure it'll be a fine movie...but it smacks of cynical moneygrabbing.

"How can we get more Hobbit dollar? We've only got one more shot...I know, lets just pump out a sequel."

"But we've already made the sequel."

"Then make another one up! Fuck it, we own the rights. People will go anyway."

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to tango fett)
Post #: 22
Is this really a news article? - 20/8/2008 11:02:38 PM   
swordsandsandals

Will we get updated on when they go to the toilet as well?

< Message edited by swordsandsandals -- 20/8/2008 11:04:40 PM >

Post #: 23
Is this reallyt a news article? - 20/8/2008 11:03:10 PM   
swordsandsandals

Will we get updated on when they go to the toilet as well?

Post #: 24
RE: Is this reallyt a news article? - 20/8/2008 11:24:36 PM   
richCie

is it me or have u come back more cynical swords...
and how was the trip??!?!!?!?
oh yes...Hobbit...woo?

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to swordsandsandals)
Post #: 25
UUUMMM, I THOUGHT THEY WERE FURTHER ALONG THAN THIS?..... - 21/8/2008 12:26:41 AM   
boredbluekoala

At this rate the gap between the R.O.T.K. and the Hobbit will be so long that people may have lost their taste for all things Middle Earth, we've all seen what happens when you wait just a bit too long to do another pic from a beloved franchise. And while we're pondering that notion, where in the hell is Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones adaptation got to? I read the book, it aint that long, and hardly a huge effects movie either, weren't they filming this back in 2007? yet still no release date, or friggin trailer.

Post #: 26
UUUMMM, I THOUGHT THEY WERE FURTHER ALONG THAN THIS?..... - 21/8/2008 12:27:24 AM   
boredbluekoala

At this rate the gap between the R.O.T.K. and the Hobbit will be so long that people may have lost their taste for all things Middle Earth, we've all seen what happens when you wait just a bit too long to do another pic from a beloved franchise. And while we're pondering that notion, where in the hell is Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones adaptation got to? I read the book, it aint that long, and hardly a huge effects movie either, weren't they filming this back in 2007? yet still no release date, or friggin trailer.

Post #: 27
UUUMMM, I THOUGHT THEY WERE FURTHER ALONG THAN THIS?..... - 21/8/2008 12:28:05 AM   
boredbluekoala

Post #: 28
Really? - 21/8/2008 6:50:44 AM   
Hafredal

I just thought they were further along with this project than it looks like now... Still, I cannot wait for this. Such amazing and creative creatures on board here - this has to be good. Stiil, it's a long wait...

Post #: 29
RE: Is this really a news article? - 21/8/2008 12:56:35 PM   
pete_traynor

Christ! You think this is weak check out the coverage on the BBC News website. According to them Jackson only announced his input on writing duties today as they couldn’t find anyone else up to the task. Oh and the Hobbit will be split in two, so with the companion film that makes another trilogy right! C’mon world service, shocking journalism!!!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Hobbit Team Have Started On Script Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI