Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Rocker - 19/8/2008 10:44:51 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
School of Rock 2 - sort of... - 19/8/2008 10:44:51 AM   
Scruffybobby

This was the "surprise" movie at the Edinburgh Film Festival. It's okay but nothing that special, basically School of Rock 2 just with older kids and less of them. There's a few moments that will make you laugh aloud but most jokes will raise a smile and no more. It's pleasant enough, inoffensive stuff with a likeable performance from Rainn Wilson - even if he's just channeling Jack Black. The younger cast are fine but forgettable but Christina Applegate is good value as a Yummy Mummy (just don't call her a MILF).

Fun for a wet Sunday afternoon but not much more than that.

< Message edited by Scruffybobby -- 19/8/2008 5:46:45 PM >

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: School of Rock 2 - sort of... - 18/10/2008 8:28:08 PM   
Starscream

Fish (Rainn Wilson) is kicked out of 80s rock band Vesuvius, Cut to 20 years later, where he is working a dead-end office job while his former bandmates have gone on to massive superstardom. Then his nephew band A.D.D needs a drummer to play and we see the rise of his new group A.D.D. I was expecting it to be good but it turned out to great fun. It's great to see someone other than Jack Black playing a role like this. Well done Rainn Wilson, Great supporting cast as well also the music rocks as well.

8/10

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 3
Awesome! - 3/8/2013 1:22:56 PM   
Seaan2

This movie has it all. A good cast, fantastic music, and while maybe not laugh out loud material, it has you grinning the whole way through. This film has become one of my favourites, a classic to me and those I know. A flick that will always be remembered, and its quotes repeated for years to come. Maybe not everyone's taste, but it sure deserves more than two stars

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Rocker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI