All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 21/8/2008 5:09:42 PM   
rupert303

Or maybe Damon Wayans.

Now THAT would be a biopic!

< Message edited by rupert303 -- 21/8/2008 5:10:03 PM >

I see the dopeness. You only see the wackness.

www.rhum.org.uk

www.denofgeek.com

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 61
They could pay tribute to the man.... - 21/8/2008 10:20:49 PM   
TheMadFatChickKiller

but doing something really left field, like only focus on his teenage years where he honed his expletive ridden monologues in front of family and friends, or right at the end of his life where he tried to reconcile being clean and sober, diagnosed with cancer and still trying to stay funny. Instead what I thik we'll get is at best a half good simulation of his stand up, in the pursuity of an(other) Oscar for whomever plays him. With Hicks' DVDs and live CDs still widely available, it's not like people can't mainline his vulgar genius for themselves. Personal favourite line "You think when Jesus comes back at the end of time thie first thing he wants to see are a bunch of crucifixes around people's necks?" "That's like going up to Jackie Onassis with a little rifle pendant on........" "Just thinking about Johnny, Jack!" (makes rifle pointing and shooting motion over and over again) Unalloyed fucking genius

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
RE: They could pay tribute to the man.... - 22/8/2008 2:09:29 AM   
somekindof_battery

I know Bill Hicks was an interesting guy for sure but i dunno how interesting his life was. Plus i'm sure he'd hate the idea of having a biopic about him.

"I can beat you, I don't need the girl hahah, I DON'T NEED THE GIRL! I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! AND I'LL KILL YOU NOW!" - Unknown 17th century poet

(in reply to TheMadFatChickKiller)
Post #: 63
Cussack - 22/8/2008 3:28:06 PM   
Jon 79

As far as likenesses go, I think John Cussack looks more like Bill Hicks.

Post #: 64
- 23/8/2008 12:20:17 PM   
Flower

I agree with Rupert303, my heart sank when I saw this article. I was blessed to have seen Hicks live twice, the man was unique. Genius like that just can't be imitated.

Post #: 65
Stuart McDougall - 24/8/2008 7:54:02 PM   
S. J. M

I'm really on the fence about this, alot rides on who will direct.

Post #: 66
I died a little bit inside.... - 25/8/2008 9:47:21 AM   
Wullie72

when I stumbled across this article. Please god NO

Post #: 67
RE: - 25/8/2008 9:57:14 AM   
Wullie72

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luis Cyphre

last thing we need is someone pretending to be Hicks...

Dennis Leary already exixts why do we need Crowe doing a bad impersonation of a genius.

quote:

ORIGINAL: zcarstheme

Saw Hicks live twice.

You sir are a b@st@rd & I am exceptionally envious of you. I had the chance to see him on his last tour of the UK but couldnt go as was to skint. As has been said by others this Holywoodisation of his life would have gone so against everything he stood for & believed in.

(in reply to Luis Cyphre)
Post #: 68
No go for Russell Crowe - 25/8/2008 6:16:42 PM   
EdwyrdHyde

Absolute bullsyte.

Thats all that needs to be said about this topic. Not only is russell crowe NOT funny, but he obviously looks NOTHING like comic master Bill Hicks. The only thing they share in common is that they are both white guys with brown hair. A facking disgrace to even insult the man with ACCUSING him of sharing a likeness to that hollywood toughguy troll. The very concept of a Bill Hicks Biopic goes against everything that Hicks believed in. Just another excuse to put more money into the pockets of uninspiring, unoriginal and, even moreso accurately, undeserving hollywood cacksuckers. If Bill Hicks were alive today, he would set the world on fire for this insult to him and his family! I spit on this film premise and will NOT be present at the films release. Nor will any of my family or peers. This I promise you. Throw this idea into the toilet, because that's where shyte like this belongs.

Post #: 69
- 26/8/2008 1:39:08 PM   
maninblack

all i can say is as a huge hicks fan i hope they dont do it it goes against all that bill belived in. sadly in the day when no subject is sacred it probably will happen and i can only pray that they dont turn it into another hollywood based on the life of story with only a tenth of it being true.

Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI