Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aston Villa - 10/11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/1/2015 2:54:54 PM   
galvatron

Expecting a goal fest from Villa?

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 451
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/1/2015 6:13:05 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Expecting a goal fest from Villa?

By our standards we produced one!

Two really good goals from Villa today including a cracking debut one for Gil. Overall would say we just about edged it, and now will hope for another decent draw tomorrow.

Next up Arsenal away next sunday I am going to that one. Not expecting much, but then we do have a decent there so who knows.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 452
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2015 12:44:57 PM   
ElephantBoy

Just about the perfect 5th round draw for Villa, at home to the bottom club who most likely will be more concerned with fighting to stay up. If we had got a lower league club then they would have been more up for it, and the pressure would have greater on us. And its on the box! Looks like Linaker has been working his influences there

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 453
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/2/2015 5:42:12 AM   
ElephantBoy

Cruical game for Villa tomorrow night at Hull. Our form against the other bottom teams just hasn't been good enough and if we drop points again here then really put us in trouble.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 454
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 11/2/2015 12:50:22 AM   
ElephantBoy

Am starting to think this might be our year for the drop. What an utterly disgraceful performance and result tonight at Hull things have really hit rock bottom (of course they might just get worse, but you know what I'm saying). Benteke can't be bothered, the whole squad is low on confiderence and once again the manager who carries on playing people out of position has no clue how to turn it around.

The next six games outside of cup are cruical as after that we have a tough run in towards the end of season with both Manchester clubs to visit, and Southampton away to come, and ironically we finish at Burnley. We need to get a couple wins from the next five or six games if not we are down.

And of course if we sack Lambert now and get someone in with half a clue then we have enough good players to get out of it. But that simply won't happen so no point even going there.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 455
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/2/2015 12:12:49 AM   
ElephantBoy

Credit to Villa for making the only sensible descision they could have today. I just hope we haven't left it too late. With a decent enough manger we should stay up easily there are enough good players in the squad for us to be safe with right man leading them.

It is a plus that we have a cup game at the weekend its break from the struggles in the league and there is not too much to lose. I would play that game then start the search for the new manager next week.

Short term I would be happy with someone like Curbsley to keep us up, but then would look to make a longer term appointment during the summer. Would be looking at the likes of Moyes, Allerdyce, Klinnsman or Laudup.

Post #: 456
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 14/2/2015 10:06:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

With another big game ahead of us tomorrow we are taking a massive gamble with the apointment of Sherwood. Even if he keeps us up I doubt he has the experience or skills to stablise us long term. But will reserve judgement for now.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 457
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/2/2015 10:25:48 AM   
ElephantBoy

The hard work starts today. Its been a more possitve week at the club, the progress in the cup has been good but we have to do the business in the league before we start dreaming of Wembley. Sherwood's first game is Stoke at home, a pretty tough start but certainly a game we can target to win. Think I will go 1-1 which to me wouldn't be a bad result. Its important to get something on the board in Sherwood's first game even if its not a win.

Post #: 458
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 22/2/2015 11:30:01 AM   
ElephantBoy

Wait I thought we changed manager? Yesterday did feel like a home performance from the Lambert Villa of about six months ago. It was a bright start and it was nice to see Sinclair get off the mark with a fine header. But the longer the game went on the more clueless we looked when it came to killing the match off. Like under Lambert we retreated into our shells and just invited pressure. Stoke are good side and deserved to win, but it was a big chance to at least get a point missed by us. Vlaar was a disgrace and should be dropped for the next match. Benteke had another poor game and is running out of excuses, no matter how much the likes Shearer would like to come up with them. Gabby has been poor for a good three seasons now and no matter our fate I think we should cut our loses with him in the summer.

Post #: 459
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 4/3/2015 12:04:36 PM   
ElephantBoy

Massive three points last night and such a dramatic way to get them too. I exploded when we got awarded the penalty! Lets hope this is a turning point now. We got our bit of luck but now need to build on it.

Have got a ticket for Saturdays quanter final, and am really excited, but a little nervous too

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 460
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 9/3/2015 10:09:29 AM   
ElephantBoy

Great atmosphere at VP on Saturday personally one of the best I have wittnessed during my time supporting the club. And it was a great second half performance and a cracking win.

The pitch invasion at the end should not over shadow the win. The first one was silly and seemed like some idoits trying to get their 15 minutes of fame, but when the match had actually finished to invade the pitch and celebrate is fine. Once again the media have blown this up, yet their the same media who romantize pitch invasions when they are by non-league teams celebrating a big upset. Its none story and I am just going to enjoy a great week for my club and the prospect of a Wembley final thank-you!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 461
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/3/2015 1:41:39 AM   
ElephantBoy

Not the best Cup draw for Villa then. But lets not write Blackburn off it was a good draw at Anfield yesterday and they have looked good under Bowler. If Liverpool are not at it in the replay then it would not be a shock to see an upset there. Whoever we play at this stage is going to be tough, so we'll take it as long as the team do us justice.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 462
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/3/2015 12:36:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

Maybe our toughest game to date under Sherwood today. Swansea are still a good side even without Bony and I think we enjoy playing their slow building game at VP today. But from our point of view at least they have very little to play for and we should be on such a high confiderence wise now that it could carry us through. 1-1 is my prediction.

Post #: 463
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI