Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aston Villa - 10/11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/1/2015 2:54:54 PM   
galvatron

Expecting a goal fest from Villa?

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 451
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/1/2015 6:13:05 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Expecting a goal fest from Villa?

By our standards we produced one!

Two really good goals from Villa today including a cracking debut one for Gil. Overall would say we just about edged it, and now will hope for another decent draw tomorrow.

Next up Arsenal away next sunday I am going to that one. Not expecting much, but then we do have a decent there so who knows.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 452
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2015 12:44:57 PM   
ElephantBoy

Just about the perfect 5th round draw for Villa, at home to the bottom club who most likely will be more concerned with fighting to stay up. If we had got a lower league club then they would have been more up for it, and the pressure would have greater on us. And its on the box! Looks like Linaker has been working his influences there

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 453
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/2/2015 5:42:12 AM   
ElephantBoy

Cruical game for Villa tomorrow night at Hull. Our form against the other bottom teams just hasn't been good enough and if we drop points again here then really put us in trouble.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 454
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 11/2/2015 12:50:22 AM   
ElephantBoy

Am starting to think this might be our year for the drop. What an utterly disgraceful performance and result tonight at Hull things have really hit rock bottom (of course they might just get worse, but you know what I'm saying). Benteke can't be bothered, the whole squad is low on confiderence and once again the manager who carries on playing people out of position has no clue how to turn it around.

The next six games outside of cup are cruical as after that we have a tough run in towards the end of season with both Manchester clubs to visit, and Southampton away to come, and ironically we finish at Burnley. We need to get a couple wins from the next five or six games if not we are down.

And of course if we sack Lambert now and get someone in with half a clue then we have enough good players to get out of it. But that simply won't happen so no point even going there.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 455
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/2/2015 12:12:49 AM   
ElephantBoy

Credit to Villa for making the only sensible descision they could have today. I just hope we haven't left it too late. With a decent enough manger we should stay up easily there are enough good players in the squad for us to be safe with right man leading them.

It is a plus that we have a cup game at the weekend its break from the struggles in the league and there is not too much to lose. I would play that game then start the search for the new manager next week.

Short term I would be happy with someone like Curbsley to keep us up, but then would look to make a longer term appointment during the summer. Would be looking at the likes of Moyes, Allerdyce, Klinnsman or Laudup.

Post #: 456
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 14/2/2015 10:06:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

With another big game ahead of us tomorrow we are taking a massive gamble with the apointment of Sherwood. Even if he keeps us up I doubt he has the experience or skills to stablise us long term. But will reserve judgement for now.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 457
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/2/2015 10:25:48 AM   
ElephantBoy

The hard work starts today. Its been a more possitve week at the club, the progress in the cup has been good but we have to do the business in the league before we start dreaming of Wembley. Sherwood's first game is Stoke at home, a pretty tough start but certainly a game we can target to win. Think I will go 1-1 which to me wouldn't be a bad result. Its important to get something on the board in Sherwood's first game even if its not a win.

Post #: 458
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 22/2/2015 11:30:01 AM   
ElephantBoy

Wait I thought we changed manager? Yesterday did feel like a home performance from the Lambert Villa of about six months ago. It was a bright start and it was nice to see Sinclair get off the mark with a fine header. But the longer the game went on the more clueless we looked when it came to killing the match off. Like under Lambert we retreated into our shells and just invited pressure. Stoke are good side and deserved to win, but it was a big chance to at least get a point missed by us. Vlaar was a disgrace and should be dropped for the next match. Benteke had another poor game and is running out of excuses, no matter how much the likes Shearer would like to come up with them. Gabby has been poor for a good three seasons now and no matter our fate I think we should cut our loses with him in the summer.

Post #: 459
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 4/3/2015 12:04:36 PM   
ElephantBoy

Massive three points last night and such a dramatic way to get them too. I exploded when we got awarded the penalty! Lets hope this is a turning point now. We got our bit of luck but now need to build on it.

Have got a ticket for Saturdays quanter final, and am really excited, but a little nervous too

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 460
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 9/3/2015 10:09:29 AM   
ElephantBoy

Great atmosphere at VP on Saturday personally one of the best I have wittnessed during my time supporting the club. And it was a great second half performance and a cracking win.

The pitch invasion at the end should not over shadow the win. The first one was silly and seemed like some idoits trying to get their 15 minutes of fame, but when the match had actually finished to invade the pitch and celebrate is fine. Once again the media have blown this up, yet their the same media who romantize pitch invasions when they are by non-league teams celebrating a big upset. Its none story and I am just going to enjoy a great week for my club and the prospect of a Wembley final thank-you!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 461
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/3/2015 1:41:39 AM   
ElephantBoy

Not the best Cup draw for Villa then. But lets not write Blackburn off it was a good draw at Anfield yesterday and they have looked good under Bowler. If Liverpool are not at it in the replay then it would not be a shock to see an upset there. Whoever we play at this stage is going to be tough, so we'll take it as long as the team do us justice.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 462
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/3/2015 12:36:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

Maybe our toughest game to date under Sherwood today. Swansea are still a good side even without Bony and I think we enjoy playing their slow building game at VP today. But from our point of view at least they have very little to play for and we should be on such a high confiderence wise now that it could carry us through. 1-1 is my prediction.

Post #: 463
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 5/4/2015 8:49:56 AM   
ElephantBoy

Villa were a bit too negative yesterday I think. Always expected Utd to have too much for us, but felt we could have given it more of a go than we did espically second half. It seems like Sherwood is placing all the focus on the QPR game Tuesday. No doubt that is the bigger game, but we don't want things getting too flat going into it. A win there and a couple of points elsewhere then I think that should be us about safe, but a defeat would really open things up again., DEBUG : ISO-8859-1:

Post #: 464
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 7/8/2015 10:14:29 AM   
ElephantBoy

And here we go again! Another pre-season of change at Villa with more questions and answers. I still think taking on such an in-experienced
manager as Sherwood was a big gamble, but he did enough at the end of last season to be given a chance, but the message test starts now
and this will pretty much his group of players bar a few. I think Richards should prove a good signing if he can stay fit and if a few of the new
signings can make an impact then I think we should have enough to improve on last season which at the moment is all we should be looking to
do. My prediction is 14th for us this time.

Bournemouth is a tough start tomorrow its always tough playing a newly promoted side on the opening weekend at their home ground. A
draw wouldn't be a terrible result actually just to get us off the mark and to build from there. 0-0.

Post #: 465
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 9/8/2015 10:49:46 AM   
ElephantBoy

A good start for us yesterday. We recovered well after a poor first half, and it was nice to see us scrap out a win when not playing too well.
It is a work in progress with so many new players, but the I thought that Richards and Clark look a solid pairing at the back and that the
manager got his sub right and its plus for our new striker to get off the mark. Will take a bit of time to figure our best starting lineup out, but
a good start.

Post #: 466
RE: The Aston Villa Thread - 15/8/2015 3:02:21 PM   
ElephantBoy

Terrible game last night. Sold out crowd deserved better. We did alright in spells but just weren't brave enough, and they weren't much better. They did enough but based on their first
two performances I don't see the other top teams fearing Utd this season.

(in reply to HIroProtagonist)
Post #: 467
RE: The Aston Villa Thread - 19/8/2015 8:42:11 PM   
Goodfella

I'm very disappointed by England's decision not to include Adil Rashid tomorrow. We are going to struggle in the UAE without a premier spinner and this was our perfect chance to find out about Rashid. We've flirted with his inclusion all summer and he's played very well for Yorkshire and impressed in the ODI's so can do no more to try and find his way into the squad. It continues to suggest England don't take him seriously and perhaps they should be foolish and pick a young bowler like Mason Crane with a handful of first-class matches to his name and ruin another talented, very young career out in the sub-continent.

We shouldn't pick Mark Wood either. I am not one for dallying around regarding these kind of recurring injuries and pumping a player full of cortisone when needed. He needs an operation and we should let him have it and see if he can get fit for Pakistan. It will reverse seam out there which is where he's a threat but if he's not healthy I don't want him to play, I don't want to risk ruining his long-term future for the short-term, it's not fair on him, or the team. Also, if he breaks down after a few overs tomorrow what happens to Broad, Finn and Stokes then? Why we are not resting him and Mo and playing Rashid and Plunkett tomorrow is beyond me.

Of course we want to win the series 4-1 and make history but that team doesn't necessarily significantly lower our chances. We are picking players with strong potential, one who has previously performed very well for England. Australia have been abject three quarters of this series so far and confidence is riding high around the England camp, players like Rashid and Plunkett are more likely to come in and feed off that rather than drain it. I don't want to criticise the management too much as they've done very well but these are two poor decisions in my opinion, and we could miss out in the future because of this. I would say it's more likely to be Strauss and the selectors call too, Bayliss said he wanted to use two spinners at some point this series and if it was all down to him it'd have been interesting to see the team he'd have picked tomorrow.

It's also sad to see David Willey leave Northamptonshire for Yorkshire and also that Mark Footitt will leave Derbyshire at the end of the season. This isn't the Premier League and the Championship, players shouldn't feel that have to leave the smaller counties to stand a serious chance of playing for England long term. That goes right against the ECB's incentive drive for these kind of counties to produce and pick more English qualified players under the age of 25, if counties feel that if they do this and these players prove talented they will simply move on at the first sign of the cusp of international cricket, and why should they? You are effectively turning them into slightly well-paid feeder clubs for the larger counties and that will also drive the standard between 10 or 11 counties and the other 6 or 7 wider, therefore effecting the standard of domestic first-class cricket played and continuing to effect the future of it in this country.

I'd also throw the names Matt Coles (big wicket-taker and powerful all-rounder) and versatile bowlers Chris Wood and Joe Leach into the mix as names for the selectors to consider for the ODI and T20 series against Australia.

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 19/8/2015 8:45:37 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 468
RE: The Aston Villa Thread - 19/8/2015 11:21:49 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I'm very disappointed by England's decision not to include Adil Rashid tomorrow. We are going to struggle in the UAE without a premier spinner and this was our perfect chance to find out about Rashid. We've flirted with his inclusion all summer and he's played very well for Yorkshire and impressed in the ODI's so can do no more to try and find his way into the squad. It continues to suggest England don't take him seriously and perhaps they should be foolish and pick a young bowler like Mason Crane with a handful of first-class matches to his name and ruin another talented, very young career out in the sub-continent.

We shouldn't pick Mark Wood either. I am not one for dallying around regarding these kind of recurring injuries and pumping a player full of cortisone when needed. He needs an operation and we should let him have it and see if he can get fit for Pakistan. It will reverse seam out there which is where he's a threat but if he's not healthy I don't want him to play, I don't want to risk ruining his long-term future for the short-term, it's not fair on him, or the team. Also, if he breaks down after a few overs tomorrow what happens to Broad, Finn and Stokes then? Why we are not resting him and Mo and playing Rashid and Plunkett tomorrow is beyond me.

Of course we want to win the series 4-1 and make history but that team doesn't necessarily significantly lower our chances. We are picking players with strong potential, one who has previously performed very well for England. Australia have been abject three quarters of this series so far and confidence is riding high around the England camp, players like Rashid and Plunkett are more likely to come in and feed off that rather than drain it. I don't want to criticise the management too much as they've done very well but these are two poor decisions in my opinion, and we could miss out in the future because of this. I would say it's more likely to be Strauss and the selectors call too, Bayliss said he wanted to use two spinners at some point this series and if it was all down to him it'd have been interesting to see the team he'd have picked tomorrow.

It's also sad to see David Willey leave Northamptonshire for Yorkshire and also that Mark Footitt will leave Derbyshire at the end of the season. This isn't the Premier League and the Championship, players shouldn't feel that have to leave the smaller counties to stand a serious chance of playing for England long term. That goes right against the ECB's incentive drive for these kind of counties to produce and pick more English qualified players under the age of 25, if counties feel that if they do this and these players prove talented they will simply move on at the first sign of the cusp of international cricket, and why should they? You are effectively turning them into slightly well-paid feeder clubs for the larger counties and that will also drive the standard between 10 or 11 counties and the other 6 or 7 wider, therefore effecting the standard of domestic first-class cricket played and continuing to effect the future of it in this country.

I'd also throw the names Matt Coles (big wicket-taker and pow Ierful all-rounder) and versatile bowlers Chris Wood and Joe Leach into the mix as names for the selectors to consider for the ODI and T20 series against Australia.

Well I don't know what I did to deserve this in the AV thread but thanks anyway I would return the favour but we don't play till Saturday

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 469
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 26/8/2015 1:48:28 PM   
ElephantBoy

What a mixed week its been. We played well in spells against Palace, and thought we showed good character to come back so quickly, but then were sloppy to throw away what would have been a decent point. But we really surprise to see the score from last night when I came in It may just have brought what has been a flat season so far to life, and a local derby in the next round is a great prospect. Knowing us we will draw 0-0 against Sunderland on Saturday now

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 470
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI