Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aston Villa - 10/11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/1/2014 8:08:43 PM   
Avfctom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Excellent point for Villa on Saturday and more importantly a much improved performance. At times against the bigger teams this season we have shown that on our day we can be pretty decent. Still a bit of work to do before we can say we are clear of danger, a derby win against West Brom would go a long way, won't be easy though, has draw written all over it

Have to agree with you here in the last 15 mins against Arsenal after Benteke scored we were all over them and unlucky not to take a point from the game, whilst against Liverpool Gabby going off hurt us a lot as we lacked the pace up front.

Despite losing a 2 goal lead, wont go on about the Suarez diving and so on but the team showed great character to hold Liverpool and keep them to a draw and hopefully we can take this spirit into our next match against West Brom were a win would be perfect taking us to 27 points.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 391
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 8:23:49 PM   
ElephantBoy

VILLA! VILLA! VILLA! Get in Delph my son! Can't wait to watch the highlights later even if we don't win it.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 392
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 9:08:48 PM   
ElephantBoy

Three in three now for Benatake! Now damn it Villa just close the game the down, these would be three big points

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 393
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 10:00:24 PM   
ElephantBoy

Great fight shown by us tonight and we are looking more like a team. I do wish we wouldn't be so sloppy at the back, but hopefully that will improve as Vlaar stamps his personality more on the back four.

Anyway we are starting to get things together now and tenth with 27 points is a pretty strong position to be in right now. A point at Everton on saturday will do me.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 394
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 4/2/2014 4:52:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

Was a bit let day with Saturday's defeat, having held on for so long was at least hoping to get a point. Still, always expected a hard game and we put in a good showing at a different ground. If we beat West Ham at the weekend, then that should be us safe and able to start looking up.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 395
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 2/3/2014 8:19:04 PM   
ElephantBoy

Would have been happy with a one nil win today (was a big that!), but to win 4-1 not least at home where we have been terrible this season and to come back from a goal behind was a great boast. I actually think sometimes that going a goal down early actually benefits us, whereas if we score first and then don't get a second soon after we are unsure what to do and don't have the confidence to really take control. The spirit we have shown at times under Lambert is one of the big differences between us under him and us with McGlish.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 396
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 15/3/2014 10:32:20 PM   
ElephantBoy

Its been awhile since I have looked forward to match of the day so much! Great victory for us tonight and by the sounds of it well deserved. Am really pleased for Delph also. It was so funny hearing the Chelsea fans cry a river on the Phone-In. We make the title race interesting that is just what we do

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 397
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI