Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aston Villa - 10/11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 21/1/2014 8:08:43 PM   
Avfctom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Excellent point for Villa on Saturday and more importantly a much improved performance. At times against the bigger teams this season we have shown that on our day we can be pretty decent. Still a bit of work to do before we can say we are clear of danger, a derby win against West Brom would go a long way, won't be easy though, has draw written all over it

Have to agree with you here in the last 15 mins against Arsenal after Benteke scored we were all over them and unlucky not to take a point from the game, whilst against Liverpool Gabby going off hurt us a lot as we lacked the pace up front.

Despite losing a 2 goal lead, wont go on about the Suarez diving and so on but the team showed great character to hold Liverpool and keep them to a draw and hopefully we can take this spirit into our next match against West Brom were a win would be perfect taking us to 27 points.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 391
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 8:23:49 PM   
ElephantBoy

VILLA! VILLA! VILLA! Get in Delph my son! Can't wait to watch the highlights later even if we don't win it.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 392
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 9:08:48 PM   
ElephantBoy

Three in three now for Benatake! Now damn it Villa just close the game the down, these would be three big points

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 393
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 29/1/2014 10:00:24 PM   
ElephantBoy

Great fight shown by us tonight and we are looking more like a team. I do wish we wouldn't be so sloppy at the back, but hopefully that will improve as Vlaar stamps his personality more on the back four.

Anyway we are starting to get things together now and tenth with 27 points is a pretty strong position to be in right now. A point at Everton on saturday will do me.

Post #: 394
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 4/2/2014 4:52:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

Was a bit let day with Saturday's defeat, having held on for so long was at least hoping to get a point. Still, always expected a hard game and we put in a good showing at a different ground. If we beat West Ham at the weekend, then that should be us safe and able to start looking up.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 395
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 2/3/2014 8:19:04 PM   
ElephantBoy

Would have been happy with a one nil win today (was a big that!), but to win 4-1 not least at home where we have been terrible this season and to come back from a goal behind was a great boast. I actually think sometimes that going a goal down early actually benefits us, whereas if we score first and then don't get a second soon after we are unsure what to do and don't have the confidence to really take control. The spirit we have shown at times under Lambert is one of the big differences between us under him and us with McGlish.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 396
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 15/3/2014 10:32:20 PM   
ElephantBoy

Its been awhile since I have looked forward to match of the day so much! Great victory for us tonight and by the sounds of it well deserved. Am really pleased for Delph also. It was so funny hearing the Chelsea fans cry a river on the Phone-In. We make the title race interesting that is just what we do

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 397
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 27/4/2014 2:09:47 PM   
ElephantBoy

Am very worried now. Next week is a must win at home to Hull because we finished with away games at Man City and Spurs and its hard to see us getting much from those, so its simple if we win next weekend we should stay up, but if we don't win then things will be getting very deparate.

Post #: 398
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 27/4/2014 4:45:08 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I remember when they both came to the PL, I thought that Lambert was the better manager than Rodgers. I know that what the two have had to work with is quite different, but I just don't see Lambert moving forwards and he'll be out in the summer. Don't see them going down though.

Post #: 399
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 27/4/2014 6:25:53 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I remember when they both came to the PL, I thought that Lambert was the better manager than Rodgers. I know that what the two have had to work with is quite different, but I just don't see Lambert moving forwards and he'll be out in the summer. Don't see them going down though.

I think there have been a number of factors why he has struggled at Villa, one is having very little more to spend and having to rebuild almost a whole team. His main mistake has been relaying too much of youth, also he has struggled adapting to life at a bigger club than Norwich.

I think if Learner is there next season then Lambert will be too, if not then I can see a change. I would give him another season or at least half a season.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 400
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 8/5/2014 8:50:45 PM   
ElephantBoy

Safe for another season then, but unless something changes at the club I can see us going down sooner rather than later.

Would be nice to get at least something from Spurs on Sunday just to end another difficult season on a decent note.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 401
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/5/2014 10:55:58 AM   
ElephantBoy

As expected we have put up for sale with Lerner asking for around 200M. Wonder if he will get that?

Its a shame as Randy has been one of the better over seas owners and I have liked his model for running the club, but outside of the four very exciting MON seasons things just haven't worked out for a number of reasons. Certainly have preferred him to 'Deadly Doug' but maybe it is time for a change. Am just worried about who we might get...

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 402
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/5/2014 11:03:05 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

As expected we have put up for sale with Lerner asking for around 200M. Wonder if he will get that?

Its a shame as Randy has been one of the better over seas owners and I have liked his model for running the club, but outside of the four very exciting MON seasons things just haven't worked out for a number of reasons. Certainly have preferred him to 'Deadly Doug' but maybe it is time for a change. Am just worried about who we might get...

It's funny. As I think you can almost see the exact moment where it all went awry for Lerner. That '08-'09 season when they were in the top 3. I think if they had made the CL there'd have been more investment and the team would have pushed on. But a terrible run of form saw them drop out of contention that season (and I think the next).

At that point, I believe that Randy decided the money required to take a club to the next level was too much for him and Villa started to be run as a stable business, rather than one pushing to grow.

That doesn't mean that Lerner has not been a professional businessman and his steering of the club has not been good. But its a shame you can almost see the moment in time when he decided to go that way.

Post #: 403
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/5/2014 7:23:33 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

It's funny. As I think you can almost see the exact moment where it all went awry for Lerner. That '08-'09 season when they were in the top 3. I think if they had made the CL there'd have been more investment and the team would have pushed on. But a terrible run of form saw them drop out of contention that season (and I think the next).

At that point, I believe that Randy decided the money required to take a club to the next level was too much for him and Villa started to be run as a stable business, rather than one pushing to grow.

That doesn't mean that Lerner has not been a professional businessman and his steering of the club has not been good. But its a shame you can almost see the moment in time when he decided to go that way.

Well we did have a good run at the top four the next season also, but certainly that was the season where it looked certain than we would get there. Ironically O'Neill's best season might have been his last, sixth, FA Cup Semi, and League Cup final it was just a shame we faced Man Utd and Chelsea in those cup games. Still there was a case for saying we had gone as far as we could, but I do think the owner has made some poor calls since then.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 404
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 12/5/2014 10:42:43 PM   
ElephantBoy

And Deadly Doug is about to add his pearls of wisdom on 5LIVE he doesn't miss a trick does he?

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 405
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 17/7/2014 4:29:43 PM   
ElephantBoy

What an odd summer it is turning out to be. Roy Keane our most high profile signing. No new owner in sight, uncertain about the future of the manager, and some very dodgy bargin basement buys, the best of a bad bunch being Kierian 'flippin' Richardson.

It looks like another scrap at the bottom to me. If we keep some of our better players like Vlaar, Delph and Bentake has a better a season then I think we might just stay up, but at the moment things are looking all a bit desprate

Post #: 406
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI