Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Aston Villa - 10/11

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 30/3/2012 4:02:11 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30032012/58/premier-league-villa-star-petrov-leukaemia.html

Fucking hell. Another situation in the space of three or so weeks where football pales into insignificance. Fingers crossed he makes a good recovery.

I've just heard that...terrible disease and let's hope he's okay

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 301
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 30/3/2012 4:21:44 PM   
Saltire

Yeah awful news, recover quickly Petrov.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 302
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 31/3/2012 10:52:25 AM   
matthewforan

Horrible news about Stan, adored him when he was at Celtic. Hope he gets through it okay...

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 303
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 31/3/2012 7:46:42 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Shocking Petrov news.

Spiralling out of control for McLeish and Villa, isn't it? They should only need 3 or 4 more points, but they could well make their fans sweat for them.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 304
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 31/3/2012 9:10:31 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Terrible news regarding Petrov. Hope he makes a full recovery, a player I have always liked and always comes across as a good bloke.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 305
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 1/4/2012 12:33:08 AM   
Goodfella

Very sad news indeed regarding Petrov. Was very pleasing and inspiring to see him there to support the players and the club with his family at the ground today, that takes some inner bottle given what he's been going through this week and I applaud him for that of lone and I hope he gets better soon.

What a finish by Torres. You just know don't you Villa fans, when everything is going against you already lady luck is never going to be on your side either, what is the chances of Torres deciding the one game he is going to actually turn up with a splendid goal is against you boys!? Ivanovic knew very little about the third as well, that could have gone anywhere if it hadn't hit him right, plant, on the forehead.

Seriously now, do you think McLeish will still be at Villa Park this time next season?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 306
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 17/4/2012 2:26:06 PM   
st3veebee

Hope Petrov gets through it ok and returns to football in some form: always seemed like a great guy.

As for Villa.....its getting kinda scary. Sad times indeed.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 307
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 17/4/2012 2:51:23 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I apologise to any Villa fans, I'm not trolling but the club absolutely deserves to be relegated. And I don't think the fans can have much of an argument as they've been sold out by the club. The appointment of McLeish was so wrong for so many reasons not only was he at Brum the season before but no-one could fail to notice that he got them relegated playing some very average football. A cursory look at Villa's teamsheet shows that one of their attributes is attacking pace, so bringing in a manager who seems to regard venturing into the opposition half as a capitol offense was suicidal.

The club still might stay up, but if they go, then they only have themselves to blame. I know there have been injuries to Bent, I know that they sold Young and Downing, but they still have some petty capable players its just that they dont' have much depth and their defense is "experienced".

Villa have played some really dire football this season, and not only that, but I think they've had some really good players come through that seem to have been wasted. I'm not saying any of them are easy to manage, but Ireland, Makoun, Delfouneso & Delph should all have been interesting premiership players.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 17/4/2012 2:52:02 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 308
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 18/4/2012 2:18:16 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

I apologise to any Villa fans, I'm not trolling but the club absolutely deserves to be relegated. And I don't think the fans can have much of an argument as they've been sold out by the club. The appointment of McLeish was so wrong for so many reasons not only was he at Brum the season before but no-one could fail to notice that he got them relegated playing some very average football. A cursory look at Villa's teamsheet shows that one of their attributes is attacking pace, so bringing in a manager who seems to regard venturing into the opposition half as a capitol offense was suicidal.

The club still might stay up, but if they go, then they only have themselves to blame. I know there have been injuries to Bent, I know that they sold Young and Downing, but they still have some petty capable players its just that they dont' have much depth and their defense is "experienced".

Villa have played some really dire football this season, and not only that, but I think they've had some really good players come through that seem to have been wasted. I'm not saying any of them are easy to manage, but Ireland, Makoun, Delfouneso & Delph should all have been interesting premiership players.

Say what!? Based on what exactly?

Latest Films:

Post #: 309
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 18/4/2012 2:26:01 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Say what!? Based on what exactly?

I seem to remember MON speaking highly of him and a quick look in Wiki indicates that the Villa fans were of the same mind, voted Villa young player of the season in '09 and also '10.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 310
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 23/4/2012 12:01:38 PM   
st3veebee

Hmmmmm. Perhaps he was one of those "fantastic in reserves" players like Stephan Moore etc. From what I saw of him in games earlier this season he was severely lacking in first team quality. Possibly McLeishs tactical (or lack of) issues.

0-0 with Sunderland = the pressure piles on....Tuesday is going to be one hell of an important match.

Latest Films:

Post #: 311
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/4/2012 12:55:41 PM   
pauljthomas

quote:

Hmmmmm. Perhaps he was one of those "fantastic in reserves" players like Stephan Moore etc. From what I saw of him in games earlier this season he was severely lacking in first team quality. Possibly McLeishs tactical (or lack of) issues.

0-0 with Sunderland = the pressure piles on....Tuesday is going to be one hell of an important match.

and in classic Villa style, we go and fuck it up!!!!

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 312
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/4/2012 1:07:19 PM   
juanvasquez

Just checked the rest of the seasons fixtures. Makes me optimistic with McLeash doing the double!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 313
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 25/4/2012 1:52:31 PM   
jediwarrior

My 10/1 bet on Villa going down which I did a month ago moves that bit closer.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 314
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 4:23:52 PM   
st3veebee

We're safe!!! Who'd a thunk it.

Now get that ginger twat outta there and let's get this club back to the top........ten.

Latest Films:

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 315
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 8:22:05 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

We're safe!!! Who'd a thunk it.

Now get that ginger twat outta there and let's get this club back to the top........ten.

Who would be Villa fans' choice to replace McLeish?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 316
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 8:39:46 PM   
Olaf

Would Chris Hughton be available since Birmingham didn't get promoted? (I've always felt that the 'Villa fans don't like McLeish because he's Birmingham' media narrative never fully worked, so I don't think there'd be a big problem.)

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 317
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 8:52:42 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Would Chris Hughton be available since Birmingham didn't get promoted? (I've always felt that the 'Villa fans don't like McLeish because he's Birmingham' media narrative never fully worked, so I don't think there'd be a big problem.)

I don't see Hughton turning his back on Birmingham for their city rivals, if he goes anywhere it'll be West Brom.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 318
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 8:53:43 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

True, I think a lot of them were willing to give him a chance, especially at the beginning of the season when they went unbeaten for a while. The reason Villa fans don't like him is because he's a shite manager. You don't take the same club down twice - and then nearly do the same to their rivals - by accident.
I reckon Hughton's too much of a nice guy to jump ship. Of course, that could all depend on the precarious legal/financial state the club may find themselves in soon.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 10/5/2012 8:55:08 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 319
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 9:06:01 PM   
Olaf

You're absolutely correct, I can't imagine Hughton making such a switch unless other circumstances come into play (during manager speculation, I sometimes forget how brilliantly wankerish McLeish's original ditching of Birmingham was).

There's surely someone better than Eck available though. King Kenny Dalglish? Andre Villas-Boas?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 320
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 9:25:58 PM   
directorscut

I was hoping Birmingham would win the playoffs because of Hughton.

Now it will be either the return of "Big Sam" or Ian Holloway.

Whoever wins. We lose.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 321
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 9:33:57 PM   
horribleives

True, though beating a Big Sam team is always fucking sweet.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 322
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 9:34:00 PM   
superdan

Holloway's alright, at least his team's have a go and he can be amusing in post-match interviews. Fat Sam and West Ham are just unlikeable.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 323
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 10/5/2012 9:52:58 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Holloway's alright, at least his team's have a go and he can be amusing in post-match interviews. Fat Sam and West Ham are just unlikeable.

Holloway's a top bloke and at both Plymouth and Blackpool he's got the very best out of those teams and some more, he plays up to the media and he knows what he's doing but I think he's going to be a premiership manager next season again anyway...

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 324
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 14/5/2012 12:04:30 PM   
jediwarrior

Sound like McLeish has got the boot. No surprise a shit manager and still can't believe Villa took him after he took Birmingham down. Don't mention what he did at Rangers as I think I could have won that at the time.

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 325
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 14/5/2012 12:17:13 PM   
st3veebee

Thank heavens that season is over. Worst year of being a villa suuporter in my time. I want McLeish out straight away (I have heard he is officially gone now) but there has to be more to this story: the players.

Something about this group (apart from injuries) just doesn't click. We don't have anyone who will pick up a sagging team in the changing rooms and lack any real class. A compelte overhaul is needed, but I can't see that happening this summer.

As for new manangers: I'm looking at Martinez for now as well as Hughton.

Latest Films:

Post #: 326
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 14/5/2012 12:27:26 PM   
jediwarrior

I reckon you might have a chance of Hughton now Birmingham are staying down. Doubt it be Martinez. Didn't he turn you down once already?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 327
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 15/5/2012 12:40:44 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

I reckon you might have a chance of Hughton now Birmingham are staying down. Doubt it be Martinez. Didn't he turn you down once already?

Lol another Birmingham manager at Villa, that went down well the last time! (thought tbf Hughton has proven to be an excellent manager.)

Post #: 328
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 15/5/2012 12:44:47 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Nah, I think he's going West Brom, I don't see him moving that close to home.

It's Lambert, Curbs or Mackay for me.

Post #: 329
RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 - 16/5/2012 4:17:20 PM   
st3veebee

Mick McCarthy linked.

MICK MCCARTHY

Latest Films:

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Aston Villa - 10/11 Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI