Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Lost Season 5 US Speed *Possible Spoilers*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Lost Season 5 US Speed *Possible Spoilers* Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Season 5 US Speed *Possible Spoilers* - 14/8/2008 8:00:56 PM   
Scabby

It's early but the first slithering bits of information are being released for the new series starting in early 2009. Last season was great and I wish it could have gone on for another 10 episodes like the last seasons did, but it certainly left everyone wanting more. So many questions on the new series to be answered;

How will flashbacks/flash-forwards work?
Will we see Locke ruling the Island?
Will Locke be resurrected?
Who survived the finale?

What does everyone think? What do you want answered this season?

"We have to go back!"

< Message edited by Scabby -- 19/1/2009 3:48:41 PM >

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.
Post #: 1
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 14/8/2008 8:14:30 PM   
Joedini

Bloody hell. And I thought my prison break thread was early!

Sadly i'm gonna have to avoid this thread. I like my Lost life spoiler free

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 2
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 14/8/2008 8:43:18 PM   
Castor Troy

Where the fuck is Desmond. They should fire Juliette and give her wages to Desmond.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 3
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 14/8/2008 9:15:23 PM   
Scabby

Well I avoid spoilers as well apart from officially released material so fear not, this will be a spoiler free zone until after episodes air, except for gossip, speculation, and rumours.

Also the episode title for the premiere has been announced - Because You Left

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 14/8/2008 10:40:04 PM   
Zaphod121

Michael??? What the hell is going on. Looking forward to it after that awesome and crazy finale.

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 5
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 12:40:57 AM   
Shifty Bench

No Faraday, Miles or Charlotte? They were regulars last season, seems odd that Micheal and Jin are there (especially Mr Dawson) and not the 3 from the boat. 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 1:29:03 AM   
beebs_

er, some more of the.... Michael! Jin!??! Where's Desmond!? from me...

Let the Madness Continue!!!!!
"Paramasturbatory"?
First of all: shut the fuck up, Lois. Smallville recap TWoP

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 7
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 1:33:54 AM   
Shifty Bench

It makes sense that Desmond isn't there though. I love the character but I'm glad he got a happy ending....for now. And how's this for irony? Sonya Walger who plays Penny has just had her show in the US axed, so she will actually have more time for Lost. 

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to beebs_)
Post #: 8
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 9:25:39 AM   
Leeorami 2.0

The people in the pictures above are what I would consider as primary characters of the show, so this is possibly why there are no pics of the rest of the cast.

I heard there will be no flashbacks or flashforwards in the next series.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 9
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 10:22:51 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Michael??? What the hell is going on. Looking forward to it after that awesome and crazy finale.

Why is Michael that surprising? Michael is invinceable afterall.

I'm actually quite glad he returned last season, he was one of my more favoured characters, just a shame Jin died, hopefully he still plays a bit part role with flashbacks.

I've not looked at the photos in the top post though, they're spoilers IMO.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 12:34:11 PM   
Scabby

I found out that those supposed S5 promo photos above are just S4 promos that they never officially released before but featured on the cover of TV Guide in the US. Not all of them were used though and they were taken before the Oceanic 6 was revealed hence everyone looking like they are wearing off island clothing. Dissapointed really, was hoping Michael was going to come back. 

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 11
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 3:23:51 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

Dissapointed really, was hoping Michael was going to come back. 

Why would he not be back in the show? He's invinceable afterall, no? Or was he only invinceable until he did what he had to do on the ship, sort of fulfil his fate/destiny and what not?

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 12
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 3:43:36 PM   
Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

Dissapointed really, was hoping Michael was going to come back. 

Why would he not be back in the show? He's invinceable afterall, no? Or was he only invinceable until he did what he had to do on the ship, sort of fulfil his fate/destiny and what not?

Yeah I think it was implied that he did his bit and then he got blown all over the shop. He even ranted on in interviews after the finale about how he felt it was pointless him coming back for such a small amount of screentime. You never know though.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 13
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 4:39:20 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The guy who plays Michael had a go at the Lost creators in TV guide.  He said he can't believe that Desmond gets a happy ending with penny but the black guy gets killed.  No happy ending with Walt or something alonf those lines.  The creators said we're sorry he feels that way he was a huge part of the show.  Doubt he'll be back after that but you never know

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 15/8/2008 4:40:11 PM >

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 14
RE: Lost Season 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 15/8/2008 5:47:13 PM   
crimond

I think Sayid has been photoshopped, no way does he have that a waistline last time we saw him he had quite a respectable beer belly.

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 15
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 16/8/2008 1:48:22 PM   
Citizen Dildo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leeorami 2.0

The people in the pictures above are what I would consider as primary characters of the show, so this is possibly why there are no pics of the rest of the cast.

I heard there will be no flashbacks or flashforwards in the next series.

Dont think that is quite true.  If you watch the panel at Comic-con Lindelof & Cuse say that the audience won't quite know when/where the action is happening.  So it will possibly still involve flashback/forwards - just that we might not be able to work out which.  What form this takes is pretty intriguing!

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

(in reply to Leeorami 2.0)
Post #: 16
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 24/8/2008 6:40:20 PM   
forbidden_planet

I hope there still are flashbacks/forwards. That is what made the stories of each character much more interesting and it also told you more about them that hadn't been revealed on the island.

< Message edited by forbidden_planet -- 24/8/2008 6:41:19 PM >

"Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words"

"How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan"

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 17
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 25/8/2008 11:12:48 PM   
Scabby

Yeah but apart from some of the new blood like Faraday, Charlotte and Miles along with perhaps Ben and Desmonds loose ends, the main characters have nothing more to tell in their past. I do agree with you though as I found that one of the most facinating aspects of the show early on.

Also a returning old character is appearing next season. It's on AICN front page if your interested. The role of the character will be pretty obvious I think.

(in reply to forbidden_planet)
Post #: 18
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 1:32:43 PM   
vernieboy

Do we have an ETA as to when its returning yet?

"Nothing's worse than having an itch you can never scratch."

(in reply to Scabby)
Post #: 19
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 4:48:20 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeof have said that series 5 will take liberties with the time-lines and they'll be doing flash-forwards, flash-backs, flash-sideways etc etc. Prepare to be confused.

Locke will obviously still be alive because he's only dead in the flash-forward. We'll see how the island got out of control with him in charge and probably how the others get back to the island in the flash-forwards. They've said because they're off the island now they need to come up with more scope to encorporate everyone together again.

Danielle will have an episode too which leads me to believe Locke (did everyone google Jeremy Bentham by the way...he was an explorer who was heavily influenced by John Locke!) is probably alive on the island and dead in the real world. Maybe something to do with the characters we see like Christian Sheppard.

I like this topic.

| www.y2neil.com |

"You kill or you die. Or you die then you kill".

"Your B.F's about to get F'd in the B!"

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 20
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 5:09:26 PM   
themightyhutch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Y2Neildotcom

Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeof have said that series 5 will take liberties with the time-lines and they'll be doing flash-forwards, flash-backs, flash-sideways etc etc. Prepare to be confused.

I'm sorry WHAT?

(in reply to Y2Neildotcom)
Post #: 21
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 5:34:27 PM   
Scabby

quote:

ORIGINAL: vernieboy

Do we have an ETA as to when its returning yet?

February. It's already started filming, theres some location footage on youtube of Hurley and Sayid being all stealthy or something. Don't have the foggiest on whats going on but probably a continuation from the finale with those two.

(in reply to vernieboy)
Post #: 22
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 5:35:04 PM   
furrybastard

Alternate realities?

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 23
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 26/8/2008 8:39:00 PM   
sam89

quote:

ORIGINAL: themightyhutch

quote:

I'm sorry WHAT?

Probably switching between island and off-island events.

(in reply to themightyhutch)
Post #: 24
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 27/8/2008 12:27:01 PM   
LEEJGM

quote:

Locke will obviously still be alive because he's only dead in the flash-forward. We'll see how the island got out of control with him in charge and probably how the others get back to the island in the flash-forwards. They've said because they're off the island now they need to come up with more scope to encorporate everyone together again.

Danielle will have an episode too which leads me to believe Locke (did everyone google Jeremy Bentham by the way...he was an explorer who was heavily influenced by John Locke!) is probably alive on the island and dead in the real world. Maybe something to do with the characters we see like Christian Sheppard.

I like this topic.

I bet Locke comes back to life when brought back to the island - just like Christian Shepherd did.  I think if you're the 'chosen one', you can't leave the island for long or you'll die.  Ben was the chosen one until Locke took over, leaving the bug eyed one able to leave.

Post #: 25
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 27/8/2008 1:20:04 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

You got it in one "sam89"...because they have a bunch on the island and bunch off the island, they'll flash between the two in the present time line. The "flash-sideways" was an actual quote given at the comic-con panel, I didn't make it up.

I think what people are missing is the part with Locke in the coffin was like five years or whatever in the future, after they'd got off the island and after Jack and Kate split up and after Jack had become a raging alcohlic, so Locke, in the island time line at least, is still alive and well. How he gets off the island and dies will no doubt be explored, but not in this season I say.

I predict season five will focus on Sun & Ben vs Widmore, Locke's loss of control of the island and Daniel's real motive. Season six will tie everything together and answer none of our questions.

I agree that the island chooses if you leave the island or not. I think it was the islands wish/Ben's destiny to be replaced by Locke (hence why he was visited as a child by Richard Alpert) and when things start going out of hand Locke has to find Ben off island to bring him back. But probably the only way Ben can come back is if Locke dies...and since Locke loves the island, he'll sacrifice himself for it, to save it.

So many theories....

| www.y2neil.com |

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 26
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 27/8/2008 1:52:50 PM   
forbidden_planet

I cannot keep up with the theories! But I am looking forward to off island stuff exploring how the Oceanic 6 cope (obviously not too well) and also what will be happening to the island now Locke is in charge.

"Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words"

"How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan"

Post #: 27
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 27/8/2008 2:36:48 PM   
UncleJun

I suppose it would be asking too much to find out who Jacob is in this series. I seem to recall rumours last series that he was Christian, but weren't they both in the cabin at one point? Christian in the chair, and Jacob's eye peeping out through a hole.

I myself am looking forward to the backstory of the frog that Sawyer squished. It will undoubtedly be a remarkable tale of one frog and his struggle to overcome his demons. One day, he defeats the evil within himself and begins celebrating in his own froglike way; a croaking medley of classic pop songs. Little did he know that a good-looking redneck would soon smite him in a single, crushing close of his hand. So sad.

Go away.

Post #: 28
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 27/8/2008 2:37:49 PM   
Y2Neildotcom

I'm hoping that the volcano (you remember the one from Ben's flashback where it was said had been dormant for years) has an eruption...that'd make for some interesting viewing...maybe the black smoke makes a protective wall around the villiage...? LOL :p

| www.y2neil.com |

Post #: 29
RE: Lost Series 5 *Possible Spoilers* - 10/9/2008 9:02:45 PM   
Zaphod121

Some casting news:
http://www.tv.com/story/11608.html?tag=story_list;title;0

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 10/9/2008 9:15:58 PM >

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Lost Season 5 US Speed *Possible Spoilers* Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI