Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Impact

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impact - 16/7/2011 1:41:39 PM   
Jeffrey

quote:

Impact
quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Thanks to UK fans for another viewership record for last week's IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge! More than the competition's 2 shows COMBINED!  From TNA's facebook.

UK Ratings for the week ending 3rd July 2011:

IMPACT WRESTLING pulled in 362,000 viewers (including the repeat showing); 152,000 watched WWE RAW Live, with the Thursday & Friday repeats garnering 67,000 combined; 96,000 watched SmackDown on Friday, with 40,000 tuning in to the early Saturday replay; 45,000 then watched WWE Bottom Line directly following.

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 211
RE: Impact - 16/7/2011 3:36:11 PM   
kata

Think I'm gonna tape tonights show and give it a chance.  Haven't watched wrestling since Rock and Austin quit.  Just the occasional stand out clip on You tube.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 212
RE: Impact - 22/8/2011 5:33:07 PM   
Jeffrey

Impact is moving to Sundays at 9pm.
http://mma.mirror.co.uk/2011/08/22/record-breaking-impact-wrestling-moves-to-sunday-nights-on-challenge-tv/

Also, Matt Hardy has been released from TNA after being arrested for drink driving.

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 213
RE: Impact - 22/8/2011 7:55:34 PM   
Sledge Hammer

He claims he was tested at the scene and showed no alcohol in his system.

We believe you Mat!

Mat Hardy will never DrIvE!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 214
RE: Impact - 23/8/2011 9:37:14 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Him and his brother eh? Those wacky Hardy's!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 215
RE: Impact - 23/8/2011 2:04:53 PM   
ElephantBoy

What a shock hey! TNA did the right thing, Hardy lost his value a long time again, and has added nothing to them since arriving. The only question is why did they either bother sighing him?

Post #: 216
RE: Impact - 23/8/2011 8:38:00 PM   
Sledge Hammer

But guess what?

Jeff Hardy is appearing on this Thursdays Impact taping!

I am not joking either!

Check it out!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 217
RE: Impact - 24/8/2011 11:50:14 AM   
ElephantBoy

I did read that yes. Because his court case has not been cleared up yet I can't see them using him in ring until then, so I am guessing this will be just to show his face just to peak fans interest.

Post #: 218
RE: Impact - 24/8/2011 2:39:34 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It's no reason to fire Matt (Jeff has done much worse) they probably wanted to get rid of him.

Post #: 219
RE: Impact - 26/8/2011 10:05:10 PM   
ElephantBoy

Yeah and I don't think they should have put up with the stuff from Jeff either, but like WCW before them TNA let the inmates run the place. Fact is they see Jeff as having more name value out of the two.

Post #: 220
RE: Impact - 27/8/2011 4:12:47 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Flair vs Sting, now that's scrapping the barrel.

Post #: 221
RE: Impact - 27/8/2011 4:17:06 PM   
ElephantBoy

Anymore so than Hogan VS. Sting? I think not.

Post #: 222
RE: Impact - 27/8/2011 4:58:35 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Well, Hogan looks like he could put up a fight, Flair looks like an old grandad.

Post #: 223
RE: Impact - 28/8/2011 1:05:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

Out of the two Flair/Sting is the lesser of two evils though, but I wouldn't watch either.

Post #: 224
RE: Impact - 6/9/2011 11:59:29 PM   
ElephantBoy

Having made no matches for this sundays No Surrende, TNA have no annunced four just days before the show

The Bound for Glory series is taking center stage with Bully Ray VS. James Storm and Bobby Roode VS. Gunner in the two semi finals. I predict that Roode will meet Ray in the final, although it would be interesting to see Beer Money meet, Ray has been on a major roll as of late, and TNA faicy him quite strongly.

Elswhere Brian Kendrick will defend the X Division Title against Austin Aries and Matt Morgan takes on Samoa Joe.

What do you think about the lineup so far?
What matches do you think will be added?
And what do you make of them having a PPV on the tenth Anniversory of 9/11? Pretty dumb if you ask me, it can only have a nagitive effect on the buyrate.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 225
RE: Impact - 8/9/2011 12:59:35 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Having made no matches for this sundays No Surrende, TNA have no annunced four just days before the show

The Bound for Glory series is taking center stage with Bully Ray VS. James Storm and Bobby Roode VS. Gunner in the two semi finals. I predict that Roode will meet Ray in the final, although it would be interesting to see Beer Money meet, Ray has been on a major roll as of late, and TNA faicy him quite strongly.

Elswhere Brian Kendrick will defend the X Division Title against Austin Aries and Matt Morgan takes on Samoa Joe.

What do you think about the lineup so far?
What matches do you think will be added?
And what do you make of them having a PPV on the tenth Anniversory of 9/11? Pretty dumb if you ask me, it can only have a nagitive effect on the buyrate.

tna announced all those matches last week didnt they? i knew about them so not sure where u got 4days from?

i heard they arn't semi final matches but normal matches for points??

as for the date i doubt tna really care,its one of there throw away ppv's that there contracted to do.its a build for bound for glory ppv. they couldnt really move the date, backwards would have been to close to the last ppv and forward would have clashed with wwe's which there not allowed to do even if they had the guts.
apparently sting vs angle vs anderson for the title will be added maybe even daniels/aj again but id rather they wait for bound for glory for that.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 226
RE: Impact - 8/9/2011 2:50:40 PM   
ElephantBoy

You amaze me castle

1. I did not say four days, I said four matches! Fair enough if they were annonce last week, but even still they have had about a month to promote this ppv, and they wait about two weeks before hand to annonce any matches!

2. Are you telling me it would hurt to move the date back or forward a week? With the lack of promotion for the event they might as well have held it last sunday. TNA PPV's draw so little anyway then maybe the 9/11 date may not hurt that much, but the date combined with the crappy promotion is likely to lead to one of their worse buyrates in awhile.

3. I am quite certain they are semi-final matches, could be wrong though, if they do add a world title match now, that would just back up my point, surely that should have been the first match booked.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 227
RE: Impact - 9/9/2011 3:53:00 PM   
Jeffrey

Jeff Hardy has been sentenced to ten days in jail, fined $100,000 and given 30 months probation.

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

Post #: 228
RE: Impact - 9/9/2011 4:25:00 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Anybody else would have been given years in jail.  I hope those ten days make him think about the path he's on.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 229
RE: Impact - 10/9/2011 1:05:14 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

You amaze me castle

1. I did not say four days, I said four matches! Fair enough if they were annonce last week, but even still they have had about a month to promote this ppv, and they wait about two weeks before hand to annonce any matches!

2. Are you telling me it would hurt to move the date back or forward a week? With the lack of promotion for the event they might as well have held it last sunday. TNA PPV's draw so little anyway then maybe the 9/11 date may not hurt that much, but the date combined with the crappy promotion is likely to lead to one of their worse buyrates in awhile.

3. I am quite certain they are semi-final matches, could be wrong though, if they do add a world title match now, that would just back up my point, surely that should have been the first match booked.

sorry dude miss-read

as i said its a tna throw away ppv they dont seem to care about it or the buyrates. its all about bound for glory. tna always seem to announce matches not to far ahead of the event.its stupid i know that you know that but they dont seem to??

tna can't move it forward a week because of night of champions,ppv companys won't allow them to go head to head with wwe.Im pretty sure there contracted to do these dates with ppv companys.

Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Sting (For The TNA Title)
Bully Ray vs. James Storm (Bound For Glory Series Match)
Bobby Roode vs. Gunner (Bound For Glory Series Match)
Mexican America vs. Pope & Devon (For The TNA Tag Titles)
Brian Kendrick vs. Austin Aries (For The X Division Title)
Mickie James vs. Winter (For The Knockouts Title)
Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe
Kid Kash vs jesse sorensen

the new line up, looks good on paper to me

Post #: 230
RE: Impact - 10/9/2011 1:07:46 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The new line up looks boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwIrE6PBSx8

Jeff returns...

Post #: 231
RE: Impact - 10/9/2011 3:48:33 PM   
ElephantBoy

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!

I did not know about the Kash match?

The three title matches added are predictable, and I don't see any title changes from those.

Nothing PPV for me.

Post #: 232
RE: Impact - 11/9/2011 11:18:57 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING!!

I did not know about the Kash match?

The three title matches added are predictable, and I don't see any title changes from those.

Nothing PPV for me.

it was announced on facebook,its a no.1 contender match,im hoping aries can take the title from kendrick? but other than that unless angles getting punished can't see a change anywhere else.

joe morgan could be good if given time, same with both bfg matches. i got a feeling the triple threat could be poor though.

Post #: 233
RE: Impact - 8/9/2012 7:33:11 PM   
Sledge Hammer

As no one is really talking on the WWE thread (due to WWE being so shit right now), I thought I would resurrect the home of entertaining wrestling - TNA Impact.

REally enjoying everything TNA at the moment.

Fantastic talent, well told stories and just altogether better than WWE in so many ways.

Here are a few interviews I have done recently:

Saomoa Joe - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-samoa-joe.html

Austin Aries - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-austin-aries.html

Brooke Tessmacher - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-brooke-tessmacher.html

Dixie Carter - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-dixie-carter.html

Check it out!

Post #: 234
RE: Impact - 10/9/2012 4:36:17 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

As no one is really talking on the WWE thread (due to WWE being so shit right now), I thought I would resurrect the home of entertaining wrestling - TNA Impact.

REally enjoying everything TNA at the moment.

Fantastic talent, well told stories and just altogether better than WWE in so many ways.

Here are a few interviews I have done recently:

Saomoa Joe - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-samoa-joe.html

Austin Aries - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-austin-aries.html

Brooke Tessmacher - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-brooke-tessmacher.html

Dixie Carter - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-dixie-carter.html

And I agree for the first time in about four years TNA's product are much better than WWE's. This is due to forward planning (for example the Bound for Glory series), fresh talent getting pushed (Storm, Aries, Roode, Magnus, Ray in his new heel character) and better promotion and story telling over. It still has a long way to go before it can return to the glory years 04-06 but TNA has come a long way this year. Also the last few ppvs have been pretty damn good too,

Post #: 235
RE: Impact - 12/9/2012 1:39:36 PM   
ElephantBoy

Saw just over an hour of Impact last night. The BFG series bout between Ray and RVD was a bit weak althrough I quite liked the finish and am pleased that Bully won.

The stuff with Hogan/Aries/Aces and Eights was quite good fun and it is good to see the champ getting more of a starring role, but the close to the show was a bit lame,

Tag title main event was good and look forward to seeing Styles/Angle VS. Daniels/Kaz. A win in that match could really boast Daniels/Kaz profile and that of the tag division.

Whose watching No Surrender tonight in the UK? Am looking forward to it mostly and will post my thoughts after the show.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 236
RE: TNA - 24/12/2012 3:00:25 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Thought I would share my TNA review that I did for another site:

2012 - The year of TNA?

As we approach the end of the year, what better time to look back and reflect on what the year has been like for TNA.

Have they gained ground on WWE? Have they even progressed from where they were at this time last year?

Before these (and other) questions can be answered, lets look back at what happened at the final PPV of 2011, Final Resolution.

Going into the PPV, Bobby Roode was the TNA Heavyweight champion and had been for just over a month, having turned heel on his former Beer Money stablemate in the process. And for me, this one storyline is the reason why TNAs report card should be a positive one.

The Bobby Roode heel turn was much derided by many at the time (actually lets correct that, it was derided by everyone bar Hogan and Bischoff). Noone could see the logic behind it, or for that matter where it was heading.

However, it did signal two very important events in TNAs history that would lead it to having one of its best years yet - Roode as the Champion and the end of the Immortal and Fortune stables. These two stables and storylines were complicated beyond reason and for the casual viewer, made it very difficult to understand who they were supposed to be cheering for and who
they were supposed to boo.

Going into 2012, TNA looked like a tangled mess that was going to be hard to unravel. But somehow, they did and they did it very quickly.

At the Final Resolution PPV, Roode wrestled Styles in a fantastic iron man match that ended in Roode retaining the TNA Heavyweight belt. So although, as always, the wrestling was fantastic, the storylines coming into the PPV were at times shambolic. But then something happened.

Grabbing the ball

If 2013 is going to be remembered for anything in TNA, its going to be the rise of the midcard to genuine superstars. A number of wrestlers, really upped their game in 2013, despite at times being lumbered with very poor storylines. And the first to step up to the plate were Beer Money.

Roode became the longest ever reigning TNA Heavyweight champ by Destination X. And he did it in a style that many doubted he had in him. Even though by the end of 2012, he will have been beltless for close to 5 months, he still exudes main eventer. And that is down to his supporting cast and his own abilities.

His ongoing feud with James Storm is possibly the best written, slow burning feud over recent years in wrestling. Every match they faced off in 2012 was laced with excitement and anticipation. And every man and their dog knew that Roode would get his comeuppance at Lockdown in Storms hometown. But he didnt. Once again he escaped the Cowboys clutches and left Dodge with the gold.

Which led us to the BFG series where we knew Roode was finally going to face Storm in the biggest pay off of the year. But he didnt.

Its testament to both of these wrestlers that although the feud has been going for over a year, not one wrestling fan wouldn't be excited to see these two go at it one more time for the title. And a huge amount of credit has to go to the creative team for keeping this huge event going for over 12 months.

Not only is it the hottest feud in wrestling right now, it has also elevated both of its competitors to new heights. Roode as the full blown
champion heel and Storm as the everyman beer swilling face.

So who took the belt off Roode on day 256? Well for my money, the best superstar in wrestling today, Mr Austin Aries. The 298 day X Division champion has had a fantastic year, not only becoming the longest ever reigning X Division champion but also getting to the top of the hill by dethroning Roode.

His actions, in and out of the ring have been electric. And if it wasnt down to the fact that he became embroiled in the Aces and 8s storyline, his reign as heavyweight champ could and should have been better. However, what it did show the watching world is that stars can be made with the right exposure. And although Aries was eventually a sacrificial lamb to the TNA Babyface of Jeff Hardy, it was Austin who elevated the feud past the build up it got.

Aries is undoubtedly one of the best heels in the business today, and where TNA have got things right this year, is in developing stars who could credibly slot into the main event at any time.

And in Storm, Roode and Aries, they have exactly that.

As for the other positives of 2012 for TNA, there are 3 more people that I feel deserve a mention, who have defied the stories laid at their feet.

Bully Ray has excelled at everything he has done this year. His matches, his aggression and even his dedication to getting in shape have set him apart from the other midcarders in TNA. In fact, I predict that by the time you have read a similar review in 2013, that Bully Ray will have held the Heavyweight championship for a spell.

And although the Aces and 8s storyline has had its ups and downs, the best thing about it has been Bullys involvement. And the only chance the A&8s conclusion has, is if Bully Ray is integral to either their defeat or solidity.

My final positive report is to be laid at the feet of Kazaniels who have somehow managed to find a chemistry that has long been missing from any wrestling tag division. Both Kazarian and Daniels have taken the goofy tag teams of yesteryear and turned them into a modern day act of genius. Everything about these two suggests that it wont be long before they are crowned tag champs again and this time, I expect them to retain the belts for a long time. In these two, I can TNA building a whole division around. And this is in spite of TNAs biggest albatross.....

Creative has something for you

2012 has been a great year in building stars in TNA but it has almost at times been despite the writers best attempts to sabotage them. The biggest thing that TNA has done wrong this year has been the misjudging of some of the storylines.

Just the mention of Claire Lynch, the unmasking of Devon at BFG, hammer attacks or a Brooke Hogan romance, is enough to send a shiver down anyones spine (and thats without even throwing in the Tara/ Jesse vs Eric Young/ODB storyline into the mix).

At times, the creative planning for the storylines has been criminal. They have made some very good moves (such as extending Roode/ Storm) but overall, it has been a disappointing creative year.

I am not adverse to the A&8s storyline, but to have Devon unmasked on the biggest PPV of the year was unforgiveable. To have Austin Aries barely face anyone as World Champ when he was in the form he was, is unforgiveable. To have Claire Lynch on TV at all is...well you get the picture.

But having said all that, the wrestlers rose above it all. Each and everyone of those bum-hands dealt was bettered by Beer Money, Aries and Kazaniels respectively.

And although all these things may appear to make a bad 2012, the potential as to where the whole show goes is light years ahead of where TNA were at this point in 2011.

A new year....

I started off by asking the questions of where TNA stood in comparison to WWE. Well for my money, TNA has gotten a lot better and much more consitent. It has closed the gap from a creative and artistic point of view, as well as most probably a viewing point of view (but thats most probably WWE viewers turning off, with a little growth from TNA).

TNA should also take heart by the fact that WWE are obviously watching what TNA has been doing. Several storylines have been very similar recently and even things like the opening show recaps that TNA has been doing expertly for quite some time have started to appear on WWE programming.

So from that point of view, I think TNA has done more good things than bad. And hopefully this will have a positive impact on all wrestling tv shows.

If I had to give a final report on the 2012 TNA year it would be this:

A great start to the year that has helped create a wave of new main eventers. Although sloppy in their written work, the production values have been second to none, demonstrating amazing promotional videos throughout the year. The roster has excelled from top to bottom and we are now seeing their pioneering work be imitated by others.

Overall, has progressed well throughout the year and although there has been blips, the future for 2013 looks like it could be even better.

http://www.606v2.com/t38802-tna-a-review-of-2012#1752805

Check it out!

Post #: 237
RE: TNA - 29/12/2012 4:35:11 PM   
ElephantBoy

Its been a much better year, not just have the pushes of the likes of Aries and Magnus been a plus, but it seems like Hardy has cleaned up his act and is starting to produce his form of old. Also certain business decisions have been more productive and they seem ready to compete. Sadly odd things like the A&E's angle being dragged out are in danger of derailing their progress. Just hope the rumours of Hogan planning a title charge arn't true.

Post #: 238
RE: TNA - 1/1/2013 11:29:34 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Anyone see British Boot Camp? It's a reality show / competition looking for a UK wrestler to sign.

The whole thing is obviously manipulated for the camera - not much reality. The wrestlers have charisma though.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 2/1/2013 12:11:12 AM >

Post #: 239
RE: TNA - 2/1/2013 11:02:53 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Anyone see British Boot Camp? It's a reality show / competition looking for a UK wrestler to sign.

The whole thing is obviously manipulated for the camera - not much reality. The wrestlers have charisma though.

No but would like to give it a watch. Have seen Rockstar Spud many times on the UK Indie scene, the guy is very talented.

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI