Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Impact

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impact - 7/5/2011 2:34:10 PM   
Jeffrey

Jarrett said on Twitter that it's only the name of Impact that's changing to Impact Wrestling and not the name of the company.

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 181
RE: Impact - 14/5/2011 2:16:45 PM   
Jeffrey

New logo for the show:

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 182
RE: Impact - 17/5/2011 3:43:53 PM   
Jeffrey

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 183
RE: Impact - 17/5/2011 4:25:43 PM   
theoriginalcynic

They've only done this because WWE no longer refer to themselves as a wrestling company.  But I'm all for it. 

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 184
RE: Impact - 17/5/2011 4:46:48 PM   
Jeffrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

They've only done this because WWE no longer refer to themselves as a wrestling company.  But I'm all for it. 

New name. Same crappy booking.

Spoiler: Abyss is the new X-Division champ!

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

Post #: 185
RE: Impact - 17/5/2011 4:51:14 PM   
Scott_

Looks nicer than the old iMPACT set up. Now if they stop pissing money on Hogan and Bischoff etc it will be a proper step in the right direction, won't happen any time soon though...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 186
RE: Impact - 17/5/2011 10:48:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey

quote:

New name. Same crappy booking.

Spoiler: Abyss is the new X-Division champ!

And yet still more interesting than WWE atm!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 187
RE: Impact - 18/5/2011 10:33:41 AM   
Ste7enForever

quote:

There is something strangley Smackdown about this photo...

www.facebook.com/deadevent - A zombie/wrestling movie what I (and loads infinitely more talented people) made...

http://www.loonybinforum.com/forum/index.php - A fun wrestling/ everything forum. Always looking for new members!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 188
RE: Impact - 18/5/2011 10:41:40 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ste7enForever

quote:

There is something strangley Smackdown about this photo...

Ive heard this alot,is it just because its blue!!

As for the above spoiler,i personally think its good booking,were gonna have alot of great x-divison wrestlers going for him,getting ppv matches. Its all leading to the return of jay lethal as well,mark my words

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Ste7enForever)
Post #: 189
RE: Impact - 8/6/2011 12:49:57 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Impact wrestling was very good this week.  The main reason for this - actual wrestling, it's been ages since I saw a competitive match on free TV.  Sadly they ruined the Kendrick match with Abyss running in.  How good did Velvet look in that lingerie? Smoking hot. 

The three women in the front row, obvious plants.  They didn't look like wrestling fans to me.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 190
RE: Impact - 8/6/2011 3:44:14 PM   
Jeffrey

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

Post #: 191
RE: Impact - 28/6/2011 3:07:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

I know it was two or three weeks ago now, but what did people think of TNA's latest PPV offering Slammiversary IX.

This was my first one of their events for ages, and rather than getting the impression of it being a key night in TNA's year, it just felt like another PPV. The quailty of the matches were mostly avenge, but the key problems were the presention, baffling finishes, and the fact that almost nothing of anynote happened in terms of moving the product forward, devoleping characters, starting, ending or advancing feuds/storylines. And in short there was very little of note happening full stop, it was just mostly very dull.

Match of the night for me was defintaly AJ Styles and Bully Ray in the Last Man Standing match. Ray is really on fire in this new heel role, and Styles have always been a great babyface when given the chance. The match was full-on and intense from start to finish, and was played before a heated crowd. Only AJ's silly and inlogical stunts ruined it slightly, still it was a great match, and the defeat did nothing to halm AJ, and advanced Bully's push further.

The other matches I liked were the main event [although it wasn't their best match], and the Knockouts Title, which apart from the botched finish and it being too short again, was a very enjoyable contest, with Mickie's northen Lights Suplex and press off the top being the highlights. Also even though this whole Winter/Love storyline is complete craptrap, fair play to Winter, as she is playing that weirdo psycho role to perfection. The tag title opener was solid, but not as good as I was expecting, personally I think Shelley and Storm are the weak links of those respective teams, plus there were some clumsy moments, and the match never got out of second gear.

On the other hand, Steiner and Morgan was even worse than I expected, the match played out in slow mortion, and there were sevenal blow moves, and as always Steiner looked in horrible shape. I don't think beating Steiner at this stage of his career does as much for Morgan as it would say five years ago. Joe and Crimson did nothing for me, Joe just couldn't be bothered, and Crimson looked very green, the X Title was another pointless match, with Kaz and Kendrick just treated like jobbers, and the Anderson/Sting match was medicore, with Bishoff spoiling Anderson's moment.

Overall I give the event 4/10. Not terrible, but not good enough either.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 192
RE: Impact - 6/7/2011 10:51:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

TNA is doing most things right at the moment.  The x-division matches have been amazing, the promos first class, the women's matches are improving.  Maybe wrestling does matter again. Stings new character is a delight, ok it's basically the Joker but he's having a ball.  I'm impressed, rather watch this than stale old WWE anyday.  Hope they don't screw it up.  Can't believe WWE let Low-ki go, idiots.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 6/7/2011 10:52:16 PM >

Post #: 193
RE: Impact - 8/7/2011 8:37:35 PM   
ElephantBoy

Did you watch TNA in 2005-06 though. That is when it was really the US Promotion to watch, since about mid-2007 the decline has set in and has just got worse and worse.

Let me pick you up on a couple of things, you mentioned the current X-Division and main event picture. The current X Champion is Abyss, a broken down big man, who in no way represents what the Division stood for in its glory days, and to make matters worse guys like Kaz and Kendrick who are supposed to be the corner stones of the division have been made to like jobbers.

Then you have Sting and the main event picture, Sting has been past his prime since about the late 90's. Sure as far as 50 something wrestlers in a main stream promotion go, he isn't terrible, but there is no way he should still be in the main event. Add to that Jeff Hardy who was given the World Title too soon, and has been nothing, but trouble since he arrived, same with Van Dam who is now useless and Jeff Jarrett who is another one who should have stepped aside awhile ago. Then someone like Anderson, who is decent, but has a lot to do to convince me that he can be an main eventer. Say what you will about WWE, but they would never hail these people again, or if they did it would be for a one off feud or in a lower card position.

Another thing I am not saying WWE are perfect right now, far from it, but when was the last time you saw anything as original or exciting as the current CM Punk story on TNA.

Post #: 194
RE: Impact - 8/7/2011 9:02:48 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Did you watch TNA in 2005-06 though. That is when it was really the US Promotion to watch, since about mid-2007 the decline has set in and has just got worse and worse.

Let me pick you up on a couple of things, you mentioned the current X-Division and main event picture. The current X Champion is Abyss, a broken down big man, who in no way represents what the Division stood for in its glory days, and to make matters worse guys like Kaz and Kendrick who are supposed to be the corner stones of the division have been made to like jobbers.

Then you have Sting and the main event picture, Sting has been past his prime since about the late 90's. Sure as far as 50 something wrestlers in a main stream promotion go, he isn't terrible, but there is no way he should still be in the main event. Add to that Jeff Hardy who was given the World Title too soon, and has been nothing, but trouble since he arrived, same with Van Dam who is now useless and Jeff Jarrett who is another one who should have stepped aside awhile ago. Then someone like Anderson, who is decent, but has a lot to do to convince me that he can be an main eventer. Say what you will about WWE, but they would never hail these people again, or if they did it would be for a one off feud or in a lower card position.

Another thing I am not saying WWE are perfect right now, far from it, but when was the last time you saw anything as original or exciting as the current CM Punk story on TNA.

Oh so much to say, I admit the C M Punk promo was good but he's leaving, WWE have screwed up again.  Too little too late, I bet you he goes to TNA.  You want exciting? The new Sting character, his promo with Hogan last week was great.  Sting is in better shape than the Undertaker, WWE wanted him this year SO they do still want TNA wrestlers.  They'd be mad if they didn't want AJ, Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Motor machine guns, Velvet Sky and on and on...

The x-division matches this week were brilliant.  The ppv next week is gonna blow away anything WWE has done this year.  RVD vs Lynn.  AJ vs Daniels vs Joe.  Wow.

This week there's a four corners match with those minus Joe.  Last two weeks TNA has gotten back to the glory days.  Still the highest rated UK wrestling tv audience.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 8/7/2011 9:03:44 PM >

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 195
RE: Impact - 10/7/2011 3:41:17 PM   
ElephantBoy

1. You didn't read what I said properly, I said WWE would never hail these sort of guys on long term deals or to compete full time, WWE were only interested in Sting for a one off match with The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and maybe to adduct him into the HOF, beyond that nothing, because in recent months they have been pushing younger talent. Can't really get into Sting or Taker with you, but Taker is actually one of those guys who has improved with age, his best work has come in the last five years of his career, I would have him over Sting right now easy.

2. I can't believe you are excited about a Sting/Hogan feud though, this isn't 1997! And how is that pushing the younger stars?

3. No one knows for certain if Punk is leaving WWE after MITB, except Punk and WWE, that is part of what has been so brilliant about the whole thing, and if he does leave there is no way he is going to TNA. He was there in 2003 and was just used as one of Raven's lackies, hardly got a look in as wrestler, and with the mess TNA are in now, Punk who is one of the hottest talents in wresling is too smart to go there. Either he takes two years off and then returns to WWE, or he stays there or he might even go to ROH.

4. Yes TNA have some very good talent, your point is?

5. Fine so they do well in the UK, trouble is in the US they throw millions away each week, struggle to make a profit, and are just seen as a small time league who will never be a threat to WWE.

Post #: 196
RE: Impact - 10/7/2011 9:27:21 PM   
theoriginalcynic

WWE were good once back in 1998 - 2001.  I watched for far too long after that due to loyalty, I don't miss it at all now.  It hasn't been worth watching for years.  I'll just answer one of your points, Sting isn't feuding with Hogan, it was a one off promo.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 10/7/2011 9:31:13 PM >

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 197
RE: Impact - 12/7/2011 4:36:37 PM   
ElephantBoy

Yes, but the rumour is that they will be facing one another at Bound For Glory, I guess I assumed because of your mention of the angle, than it was building to the match, hate to break it to you, but I don't think this is the last you have seen of Sting and Hogan in the same ring

Anyway staying on the positive for awhile, I hear very good things about Destination X, with the exception of the X Title [which once again had involvement from Bischoff and shit lot of other extras] and the pointless sounding Shark Boy tag match, everything else seemed to have delivered, and there does sound like some real gems in there. Also I am pleased that Austin Aries is the guy who won the contract, this guy is an awesome talent, who could be a big star with the right kind of push. So for one night only TNA got most things right, but fear not normal service will soon be resurmed

Post #: 198
RE: Impact - 12/7/2011 5:54:08 PM   
Jeffrey

quote:

Anyway staying on the positive for awhile, I hear very good things about Destination X, with the exception of the X Title [which once again had involvement from Bischoff and shit lot of other extras] and the pointless sounding Shark Boy tag match, everything else seemed to have delivered, and there does sound like some real gems in there. Also I am pleased that Austin Aries is the guy who won the contract, this guy is an awesome talent, who could be a big star with the right kind of push. So for one night only TNA got most things right, but fear not normal service will soon be resurmed

The 4-way contract match was excellent and the Styles/Daniels match was pretty solid too.

Wong Kar-wai News:

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 199
RE: TNA - 12/7/2011 8:09:40 PM   
ChickMagnet

Spoiler time:

On the impact we get next Tuesday Sting wins the World title back

Post #: 200
RE: Impact - 12/7/2011 8:24:51 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

Oh so much to say, I admit the C M Punk promo was good but he's leaving, WWE have screwed up again.  Too little too late, I bet you he goes to TNA.  You want exciting? The new Sting character, his promo with Hogan last week was great.  Sting is in better shape than the Undertaker, WWE wanted him this year SO they do still want TNA wrestlers.  They'd be mad if they didn't want AJ, Angle, RVD, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Motor machine guns, Velvet Sky and on and on...

The x-division matches this week were brilliant.  The ppv next week is gonna blow away anything WWE has done this year.  RVD vs Lynn.  AJ vs Daniels vs Joe.  Wow.

This week there's a four corners match with those minus Joe.  Last two weeks TNA has gotten back to the glory days.  Still the highest rated UK wrestling tv audience.

Is it too late to take the bet? I heavily doubt that he'll ever go to TNA, its seen as a small time promotion in the US and Punk is the hottest thing in wrestling at the minute, I'd expect he'll be back in WWE eventually, and as much as Punks best mate in wrestling is in TNA (Joe), 2 of the wrestlers he dislikes the most are there as well (Matt and Jeff), then finally as mentioned - he's been there before, and they treat him like crap, whats to say they won't do it again.

Post #: 201
RE: Impact - 12/7/2011 9:59:49 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Thanks to UK fans for another viewership record for last week's IMPACT WRESTLING on Challenge! More than the competition's 2 shows COMBINED!  From TNA's facebook.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 12/7/2011 10:00:18 PM >

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 202
RE: Impact - 12/7/2011 10:01:30 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

Is it too late to take the bet? I heavily doubt that he'll ever go to TNA, its seen as a small time promotion in the US and Punk is the hottest thing in wrestling at the minute, I'd expect he'll be back in WWE eventually, and as much as Punks best mate in wrestling is in TNA (Joe), 2 of the wrestlers he dislikes the most are there as well (Matt and Jeff), then finally as mentioned - he's been there before, and they treat him like crap, whats to say they won't do it again.

Why does he hate Jeff? His feud with Jeff was the last great thing I saw in WWE.  Things change, Jeff was treated badly in TNA first time 'round, second time he called the shots and fucked up his opportunity.  Punk is great and whoever gets him (or keeps him) is lucky - Dixie should be on the phone with him now.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 12/7/2011 10:06:44 PM >

Post #: 203
RE: Impact - 13/7/2011 2:45:31 PM   
Frank Castle

hate to say it cynic there is no way punk will go to tna all he's doing to taking a rest like jericho does for a few years(maybe some one off roh apperences) and will be back in wwe.

Personally i think impact has been pretty good of late but im behind on ppv's but from what ive heard both have been good shows and im looking forward to seeing them.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 204
RE: Impact - 13/7/2011 6:24:43 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why does he hate Jeff? His feud with Jeff was the last great thing I saw in WWE.  Things change, Jeff was treated badly in TNA first time 'round, second time he called the shots and fucked up his opportunity.  Punk is great and whoever gets him (or keeps him) is lucky - Dixie should be on the phone with him now.

I need to go looking for the Vid but in one of the episodes of The Hardy Show (the same one that had the episode of Jeff tazing Matt's missus), him and Matt tore Punk apart, claiming Jeff carried him in the feud, offering Lita the chance to leave Punk to go back to Matt (this was before they broke up), and tearing him apart for being Straight Edge.

Post #: 205
RE: Impact - 14/7/2011 11:25:12 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I was looking at Matt's twitter, someone asked him if he wishes he could have free reign like Punk.  He replied, Punk is doing great stuff at the moment.  Doesn't sound like he hates him to me.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 206
RE: Impact - 14/7/2011 12:41:03 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

I was looking at Matt's twitter, someone asked him if he wishes he could have free reign like Punk.  He replied, Punk is doing great stuff at the moment.  Doesn't sound like he hates him to me.

I smell a bet coming on regarding whether Punk joins TNA or not, name your terms squire!

Also am I the only one who detests Christy Hemme as a Ring Announcer? Manager, yes! Backstage Interviewer? Yes! Announcer? For gods sake love take a breath inbetween sentences and read up on the matches you're announcing!

Post #: 207
RE: Impact - 16/7/2011 2:13:57 AM   
ElephantBoy

Didn't know Punk ever dated Lita, then again until the other day I didn't know that Edge and Lita were no longer together during the whole shoot thing with Matt a few years back, as far as I knew they were together to this day

No question about it Punk is more likely to go to ROH than TNA, the only way he would go to TNA is if someone like Paul Heyman became booker there, and if there were big changes in the direction of the company, and if Punk thought at the very least that they could become a strong number two promotion.

Post #: 208
RE: Impact - 16/7/2011 8:48:04 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

I smell a bet coming on regarding whether Punk joins TNA or not, name your terms squire!

Also am I the only one who detests Christy Hemme as a Ring Announcer? Manager, yes! Backstage Interviewer? Yes! Announcer? For gods sake love take a breath inbetween sentences and read up on the matches you're announcing!

I can't bet on it as I have no idea what he's gonna do.  I know - that's why they call it a bet but still, he could go to ROH or TNA.  He might stay with WWE.  I hope he shows up in TNA so I can watch him and see AJ vs Punk, Angle vs Punk and many more...

Post #: 209
RE: Impact - 16/7/2011 8:48:43 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

Also am I the only one who detests Christy Hemme as a Ring Announcer?
Manager, yes! Backstage Interviewer? Yes! Announcer? For gods sake love take a breath inbetween sentences and read up on the matches you're announcing!

She's talking?

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI