Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Impact

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impact - 1/3/2010 12:28:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: timomouse

TNA PPVs no longer on BT Vision. Yay.

TNA PPVs now on the Friday night after it on the Extreme Sports Channel (Ch 419).

So still worse off than if it wasn't moved from Bravo in the first place.

On the upside, Impact the past two weeks has been abysmal so it's no loss really.

It certainly has.  Hogan's TNA = garbage.  The start was ok, AJ and Flair vs Hogan and Abyss in a verbal confrontation.  Although, once again TNA mention their competition, and how much it means to Flair that he's in the hall of fame.  The rest of it... blah.  Really? Does anyone wanna see the nasty boys vs Team 3D in 2010? Anyone?

Daphane vs ODB was ok, but they blew the ending.  No Velvet for two weeks! Unforgivable.  Ok, she can't punch but let her throw forearms instead.  Hardly any Angle.  Lots of talking.  Hall and X-pac.  So, so bad...

I'm guessing hardly anyone paid for the ppv's.  But why take them off Bravo to put them on Extreme? What is that anyway? Is it free?

So, far TNA has gotten nowhere with Hogans help... same small arena, no extra ppv buys, if anything it's much worse.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 1/3/2010 12:31:36 PM >

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 91
RE: Impact - 7/3/2010 1:08:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Hogan and Bishoff on a recent radio show.  Abyss is the next John Cena (wtf? really?) which is why they're pushing him so much.  I just, don't see it.  The ending was cool this week, but highly stupid at the same time.  Hogan beating up his own staff! A sixty one year old man bleeding - Flair.  The matches were over in a blink of an eye again and Jarrett is the new Janitor apparently.  How does Russo still have a job? They're selling TNA on Hogan vs Flair (two men who apparently retired)

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 7/3/2010 1:09:38 PM >

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 92
RE: Impact - 7/3/2010 9:45:55 PM   
timomouse

Well, they've got RvD which is a help, but the writing is just so so bad. The best thing about TNA is that the talent pool is greater than that of WWE's (Angle, AJ, Pope, Wolfe, MCMG, Young Bucks, Beer Money...) and they're barely on a show when they can dedicate 5 mins to a skit about Mick Foley being a bit of a hobo. Because we all didn't already know that... The next PPV is destination X and there wasn't an X division match on the whole show...

Not to mention the editing which rendered this week's Impact nigh on unwatchable! At least they won't be able to do that on a live show.

The problem is that the three people at the top (Russo, Bischoff and Hogan) don't believe wrestling is "entertainment". It's far more entertaining than watching bad Jeff Jarrett skits. And the only person featured anything like as much as Hogan and Bischoff since Jan 4 has been VAL VENIS!!!! You can't build a mid-card based on guys who have been presented for the past 10 years as Jobbers.

Post #: 93
RE: Impact - 7/3/2010 10:11:41 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Dixie is gonna regret this when it crashes and burns in a few months.  That's the way it's heading...

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 94
RE: Impact - 7/3/2010 10:24:32 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Well, they've got RvD which is a help, but the writing is just so so bad. The best thing about TNA is that the talent pool is greater than that of WWE's (Angle, AJ, Pope, Wolfe, MCMG, Young Bucks, Beer Money...) and they're barely on a show when they can dedicate 5 mins to a skit about Mick Foley being a bit of a hobo. Because we all didn't already know that... The next PPV is destination X and there wasn't an X division match on the whole show...

Not to mention the editing which rendered this week's Impact nigh on unwatchable! At least they won't be able to do that on a live show.

The problem is that the three people at the top (Russo, Bischoff and Hogan) don't believe wrestling is "entertainment". It's far more entertaining than watching bad Jeff Jarrett skits. And the only person featured anything like as much as Hogan and Bischoff since Jan 4 has been VAL VENIS!!!! You can't build a mid-card based on guys who have been presented for the past 10 years as Jobbers.

And he's not even with TNA any more

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 95
RE: Impact - 8/3/2010 7:41:42 AM   
timomouse

Seriously? After getting at least 10 minutes of the last impact devoted to him...

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 96
RE: Impact - 8/3/2010 8:51:49 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Seriously? After getting at least 10 minutes of the last impact devoted to him...

Yep - he can make more money in Mehico, so is going over there.

and spoilers be below.....

One of your big names tonight is the return of Jeff Hardy to TNA

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 97
RE: Impact - 8/3/2010 9:16:05 PM   
timomouse

His trial is next Tuesday isn't it.

Some great press coming up for TNA then...

Post #: 98
RE: Impact - 9/3/2010 2:11:39 PM   
jediwarrior

The beautiful people are in FHM this month but it's only a crappy two page section of some guy from FHM wrestling them, only about 3 small pics of them in the ring wrestling.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 99
RE: Impact - 9/3/2010 8:22:32 PM   
TheSpleen

Anyone see RVD's debut? Abysmal.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 100
RE: Impact - 9/3/2010 10:34:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Not yet, I watch at UK speed.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 101
RE: Impact - 10/3/2010 3:55:41 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Not yet, I watch at UK speed.

Me too i don't have Sky either so watched it online. It's disappeared now though.

Post #: 102
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 8:51:45 AM   
timomouse

So far, so entertaining, full of stupid things. Just to ignore the Sting heel turn, the RVD debut, we have Kevin Nash calling the next PPV Designation X (taking wrestling lessons from Jeremy Piven, I guess), Scott Hall promising to dress as Elvis.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 103
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 10:11:50 AM   
TheSpleen

quote:

So far, so entertaining, full of stupid things. Just to ignore the Sting heel turn, the RVD debut, we have Kevin Nash calling the next PPV Designation X (taking wrestling lessons from Jeremy Piven, I guess), Scott Hall promising to dress as Elvis.

Anyone remember when WCW was at the worst it ever was storyline wise and people would tune in to watch it just for the morbid curiosity? That's Impact fans these days.

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 104
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 10:48:27 AM   
timomouse

It does have that fascination of watching a Nitro circa-1999, where the booking has all gone wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if, next week, Brooke Hogan wins the TNA title.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 105
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 12:17:07 PM   
theoriginalcynic

No shush...you'll give them ideas!

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 106
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 12:58:55 PM   
ChickMagnet

Apparently the RVD beatdown taking so long was due to Hogan missing his spot.

Then just when I thought Brooke Hogan couldn't annoy me more, she speaks that bad that we need subtitles and actually gets uglier

Post #: 107
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 1:31:37 PM   
TheSpleen

Good old Vince Russo. It's always gonna be someone elses fault. I remember he once bolocked fans for not liking it when he turned Goldberg heel. Once again it's our fault it didn't work.

< Message edited by TheSpleen -- 14/3/2010 1:32:04 PM >

Post #: 108
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 1:58:19 PM   
timomouse

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Apparently the RVD beatdown taking so long was due to Hogan missing his spot.

Maybe next week Russo can come out and blame Hogan for everything really harshly and Hogan will walk out taking Brooke with him...

And then David Flair can claim to get Dixie pregnant after burying Ric in the desert...

Post #: 109
RE: Impact - 14/3/2010 11:31:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

That was shockingly bad.  Where to start? Hogan goes down far too easily in the opening exchange and looks half dead.  Brooke was on the screen far too much.  Tna managed to make both Sting and RVD look like jobbers.  Taker (for example) would never lose to anyone that easily and then RVD took about twenty baseball bat shots, ruining his comeback.  They managed to mess up the Hardy comeback by running late and cutting it off.  Hogan and Falir did their best in the match but both looked far too old.  Tna is still mentioning the WWE hall of fame.  There was hardly any wrestling, the womens match was abysmal.   And none of the young stars are getting a look in anymore.  Awful.  Hardly anyone is gonna pay for the next ppv as it looks completley crap.  We had a bit of everything didn't we? Including the Army beating up Mr Anderson.  I give it six months...

Oh, and I hate what they've done to AJ.  Flair's star wrestler fine but the robe has to go.  At least he'll probably have a job with WWE once the company goes under.  Austin is on Raw on Monday, Tna has no chance in hell...

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 14/3/2010 11:34:50 PM >

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 110
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 8:01:07 AM   
timomouse

Well, it drew a .89, which is way down on Jan 4 and thursdays, with the lowest segment being the final one. It's simple, people want to watch the product, but the main eventers are stale because some are far too old.

Destination X would be worth a buy for MCMG-Young Bucks Ultimate X alone.

Post #: 111
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 9:18:40 AM   
TheSpleen

I agree about AJ. Nothing wrong with him before. Hey, Russo not everyone needs some shitty gimmick. Save the gimmicks for the big guys who can't work. AJ's gimmick is being amazing in the ring! How many companies are gonna let these dinosaurs come in with their buddies and family then fuck the company over. I predict bad things for TNA and i wanted them to succeed so much.

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 112
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 11:09:33 AM   
Frank Castle

And yet i enjoyed it more than raw which is just wwe in cruise control into mania, are they paying attention yes as raw ran over so people wouldnt turn over to see hardys debut? Word of mouth has actually been pretty good on radio shows etc in america.

the main problem is why start on the road to mania? ratings would never be great because wwe are leading up to the biggest wrestling show in the world. Oh and it drew a .98.and the replay on thursday did more. people really think hogan/flair will be in the main event every week? course they wont.

i thought it was a promising start, be interesting to see where the sting heel turn will go. he's never been a decent heel. anderson vs kurt was good. destination x is looking a decent card imo and im looking forward to it.

I will bet any money tna is gonna be here for longer than 6 months and ratings will improve alot by this time next year!

< Message edited by Frank Castle -- 15/3/2010 11:10:46 AM >

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 113
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 12:33:58 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Frank, they've dropped lower then a 1.odd rating which TNA got before without Hogan's help.   If you can't see the comparisons with WCW... if anything the ratings will go down.  Ok, they might go up now and again for curiousity sake (to see Hardy ect...) but there's no way people are gonna choose this over WWE.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 114
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 12:43:52 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

Frank, they've dropped lower then a 1.odd rating which TNA got before without Hogan's help.   If you can't see the comparisons with WCW... if anything the ratings will go down.  Ok, they might go up now and again for curiousity sake (to see Hardy ect...) but there's no way people are gonna choose this over WWE.

It was the 1st monday nite going up against wwe who are leading up to the biggest wrestling show in the world!! of course the ratings will be low. the replay got a 1 as well,the ratings dont include people who just recorded it yet either and watch it later either combine them all and u have a 2+. rating which is fine and up from before hogan. when the replay show stops and wwe are over mania we will see what happens then. In the long run monday nite tna added million + extra viewers who wern't watching wrestling before that nite so um choosing tna over wwe. Certainly tna aint gonna come close to wwe anytime soon but ratings are improving when u look at the facts.

Post #: 115
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 12:52:17 PM   
theoriginalcynic

But you're just guessing how many people recorded the show.  No doubt the people who watched the show watched the replay too.  Either way the quality of the product is shocking and only worth watching at the moment in that car crash morbid sort of way.  

Post #: 116
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 1:10:19 PM   
Frank Castle

If its so bad why would people be rewatching it?? i seriously dont think its as bad as your making out. i personally prefered it to raw which has been awful for months and months.

Post #: 117
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 1:23:14 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Raw was a million times better then TNA this week.  But neither were as good as NXT.  People that are watching are the hardcore fan base and people like me who are watching to see how bad it can really get...

Post #: 118
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 2:14:26 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

Raw was a million times better then TNA this week.  But neither were as good as NXT.  People that are watching are the hardcore fan base and people like me who are watching to see how bad it can really get...

It really wasnt, raw is just plain boring. at least on tna interesting things are happening even the bad stuff is interesting in a cringe factor way. Its still early days yet and things will improve i have no doubt in that.

Not seen last weeks nxt yet. 1st 2 episode were ok and i like the idea. its not taking off though as thats rating's tanked in the 3rd week back to what they were getting in ecw days.

Post #: 119
RE: Impact - 15/3/2010 3:00:08 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I won't improve until they get rid of Russo and hire some better writers.  RE Nxt Well, that's a shame as it's a good concept.  Seems if it's not Raw or SD people don't wanna know. 

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 15/3/2010 3:01:22 PM >

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI