Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Impact

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Impact - 31/1/2010 12:40:55 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Sounds like you had a good time Frank.  The Rumble is tonight!

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 61
RE: Impact - 31/1/2010 8:37:26 PM   
ChickMagnet

And now the rest of my photos:

Was going to say Frank, I managed to get the Wolfe shirt for 20 but read on the net that every night prior to us it was 25, still didn't see that many people getting it though. The worst thing was I wore my Wolfe shirt back to the Hotel, we were followed a bit of the way by some other people who'd obviously been to the event as well - lets just say good ole Desmond wasn't the only one to get a 'Chelsea Rent Boy' chant

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 62
RE: Impact - 31/1/2010 8:50:21 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Fantastic snaps Chick magnet.  The rumble is 4 hours away! Excited

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 63
RE: Impact - 1/2/2010 12:10:14 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Fantastic snaps Chick magnet.  The rumble is 4 hours away! Excited

werent you complaining that people were talking about TNA in the WWE thread? if you wanna get excited about the Rumble then do it over there

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 64
RE: Impact - 1/2/2010 3:56:52 AM   
theoriginalcynic

No, I said we should talk about TNA and WWE in one thread.  But seen as we're mixing and matching...

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 65
RE: Impact - 7/2/2010 11:50:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

For Cynic:

quote:

TNA Knockouts Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky will be appearing in an upcoming issue of the UK's FHM Magazine as they did a shoot while on the recent tour of England. Lacey Von Erich won't be appearing in the shoot as she wasn't on the tour

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 66
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 1:35:55 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Thank you.  Thank you.  Now, I just need to remember to buy it. 

I've just watched this weeks TNA and I was impressed with AJ vs Pope and Angle vs Tomko but the matches are still far too short.  Seriously, Nash beats Foley at his own game in two minutes.  What are you doing agreeing to this Mick? It seems like anyone can sneak into the impact zone, X-pac and Hall had no problem again this week.  What no security? Angle vs Hogan is bound to happen at some point and it should be a decent build up with probably an average match.  Joe is so out of shape but his end move does look brutal.  If he did that wrong he'd break your neck. 

As much as I love Velvet Sky, her punches are terrible.  WWE would never put up with that.  I am enjoying that storyline though.  Hogan seems rusty on the mic, it seemed like he forgot what he was supposed to say at the start, and then remembered again.  Please stop with the plants, four sides, Hogan knows best, Nasty Boys...really?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 67
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 2:48:30 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

Thank you.  Thank you.  Now, I just need to remember to buy it. 

I've just watched this weeks TNA and I was impressed with AJ vs Pope and Angle vs Tomko but the matches are still far too short.  Seriously, Nash beats Foley at his own game in two minutes.  What are you doing agreeing to this Mick? It seems like anyone can sneak into the impact zone, X-pac and Hall had no problem again this week.  What no security? Angle vs Hogan is bound to happen at some point and it should be a decent build up with probably an average match.  Joe is so out of shape but his end move does look brutal.  If he did that wrong he'd break your neck. 

As much as I love Velvet Sky, her punches are terrible.  WWE would never put up with that.  I am enjoying that storyline though.  Hogan seems rusty on the mic, it seemed like he forgot what he was supposed to say at the start, and then remembered again.  Please stop with the plants, four sides, Hogan knows best, Nasty Boys...really?

Just because someones bigger then the usual wrestler mold doesnt mean there out of shape, ive seen joe wrestle loads of times and can honestly say he hasnt exactly looked knackered or anything like that. saying that it would be nice if he laid off the pies!! lol

Totally agree with the matches being to short, they have 2 hours now surely they can fit in longer matches. And why the hell was foley vs nash the main event? shouldnt the champ be ending the show? thats not just tna where's shamus on the raw card in the middle when he's the wwe champ! arguably the biggest belt in wwe.

As for the women wwe wouldnt put up with it because do the women even punch in wwe, isnt it more forearm smashes they do?? Im to busy wincing at the massive screams they give out to notice what there doing?

I think im the only person in the world looking forward to the nasty boys vs team 3d match?? if they do it hardcore style rules and the nasty boys bugger off after the feud.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 68
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 2:52:47 PM   
theoriginalcynic

The nasty boys are sadly here to stay, look how fast Hogan brought them in and the plants in the audience, suggest they aren't going anywhere.

The women in WWE do forearm smashes because they can't make punches look real, same as the women in TNA then.  You say Joe isn't out of shape and then you say he should lay off the pies? He does need to train a bit harder, perhaps some cardio?

Post #: 69
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 2:57:38 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

The nasty boys are sadly here to stay, look how fast Hogan brought them in and the plants in the audience, suggest they aren't going anywhere.

The women in WWE do forearm smashes because they can't make punches look real, same as the women in TNA then.  You say Joe isn't out of shape and then you say he should lay off the pies? He does need to train a bit harder, perhaps some cardio?

The way someone looks is diffrent to being out of shape! Some big guys can run for miles. if he looked like he does now and was huffing and puffing every match i would agree with u. But he doesnt and ive seen him do hour long matches just as well as anyone else. But there's no getting around he's a pretty big guy bellywise and needs to work on that.

Him and Aj should be awesome at turning point

Post #: 70
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 2:59:50 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I've been brain washed into WWE's way of thinking  He's not in "wrestler" shape eg bulging muscles.  Yeah, it should be a good match but no longer on Bravo.

Post #: 71
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 3:10:16 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

I've been brain washed into WWE's way of thinking  He's not in "wrestler" shape eg bulging muscles.  Yeah, it should be a good match but no longer on Bravo.

Lol i bet joe could last longer then batista!!

yaeh the ppv situation sucks over here especially seeing as tna gets decent ratings over here. think its only on bt vision or something? If tna want to become a global company charging for ppv's abroad is a bad idea as they dont have the following/fanbase of wwe.

Post #: 72
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 3:48:19 PM   
ChickMagnet

Ahem theres no point drooling over Velvet Sky-Magnet Cynic, she be mine!

I'm looking forward to Joe/AJ, given the right time, and a decent storyline the match could be a showstealer.

The only reason I want to see Nastys vs Team 3D is in the hope that one of them dares to try and fight stiff against Bubba-Ray, he'll beat the living shit out of them on live TV.

And I'll be attempting to "acquire" the PPV next Monday.

Post #: 73
RE: Impact - 8/2/2010 5:11:13 PM   
jediwarrior

I might be able to goto a TNA taping as I'm going to Orlando in August

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 74
RE: Impact - 14/2/2010 9:15:34 AM   
timomouse

In honor of Scott Steiner being released and reportedly retiring from wrestling, who couldn't show his best moments

Scott Steiner's Mathematics - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EarU--5cYOE

Scott Steiner's workout DVD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrwMPZzklY

Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell in WCW Police Academy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJfWxtJjNE (And the writers thought this might make sense?!)

A compilation featuring, primarily, Steiner Ring Announcing and explaining why he's the big bad booty daddy, whatever one of those is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUJsNB7T43s

and, most importantly of all, his most glorious moment of his storied career, Scott Steiner getting clotheslined off a pogo stick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaDzOYdFlU0

You can say what you like about him, but Big Poppa Pump has had a career of being a brilliant tag team wrestler and then one of the most entertaining talkers around. He will be sorely missed.

And if he ever does want to wrestle again, I'd love to see anyone try to induct him into the straight edge society.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 75
RE: Impact - 14/2/2010 3:29:52 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Tna = terrible this week.  Hogan's speech in which he said brother about a hundred times.  His acknowledgement of Eric Young, who either he or Bischoff didn't know who he was last week (storyline) way to bury talent.  The awful womens match, the short matches again, TNA is more concerned with soap opera storylines backstage then actual wrestling.  It makes me laugh when they say 'we are the wrestling company' what a joke.  Velvet, stop her punching please.  The AJ Joe build up was decent but the endless waffle from the employees about who would win the match? Who cares, it's fixed.  And Hogan is still pushing his buddies.  And that guy in the crowd with the Hogan shirt on must be a plant.  He held signs up that said, Hogan knows best, shut up you nerds (when the crowd booed or chanted remarks) he held up similar signs which seemed to be written by management.  Awful.

(in reply to timomouse)
Post #: 76
RE: Impact - 14/2/2010 5:53:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

I hated it as well - its your last show going into a PPV, make it a good one or you'll lose out on potential buys - le sigh!

Mind it wasn't as bad as what I went to see at the Opera House in York yesterday - these guys: http://www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com/

good lord they were bad!

Post #: 77
RE: Impact - 14/2/2010 6:59:55 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Yeah, but to be fair they're not the second biggest company in wrestling.  

Post #: 78
RE: Impact - 14/2/2010 7:25:46 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Yeah, but to be fair they're not the second biggest company in wrestling.  

True, predictions time!:

Team 3D vs. The Nasty Boys

AJ vs. Joe - Up until last night I had a good feeling about the match, but Bischoff refereeing it? AJs winning via shenanigans.

8 Card Stud:

Abyss vs Mick Foley - No contest due to interference from 'The Band'

Mr Anderson vs Angle - giving Anderson a bye into the final.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hernandez vs Morgan

Pope vs Wolfe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pope vs Hernandez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pope vs Anderson

Post #: 79
RE: Impact - 21/2/2010 5:03:42 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I didn't think it was possible but TNA was even worse then last week.  talking, talking talking about nothing, a stupid Abyss storyline in which Hogan gave him his WWE hall of fame ring and told him it was the most important thing in the world to him.  Way to mention the competition, Angle beat Daniels in about two minutes making him look like a chump.  A nonscencical promo from AJ and the pope at the beginning.  More plants in the audience, a legends = ratings sign from the same guy as last week.

Anything good? Dafney ve Tara and the x-divison matches were passable.  WWE you have nothing to worry about...

Post #: 80
RE: Impact - 22/2/2010 9:47:27 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

I didn't think it was possible but TNA was even worse then last week.  talking, talking talking about nothing, a stupid Abyss storyline in which Hogan gave him his WWE hall of fame ring and told him it was the most important thing in the world to him.  Way to mention the competition, Angle beat Daniels in about two minutes making him look like a chump.  A nonscencical promo from AJ and the pope at the beginning.  More plants in the audience, a legends = ratings sign from the same guy as last week.

Anything good? Dafney ve Tara and the x-divison matches were passable.  WWE you have nothing to worry about...

Other than the plants and the end with Joe being abducted I have to disagree with you Cynic. I personally feel that TNA was the better of the 4 main-stream wrestling shows this week, what wrestling we saw was good, I enjoyed the promo's, in fact the only thing missing was the future wife!

Post #: 81
RE: Impact - 22/2/2010 11:58:45 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Lol the future wife, it's true no wrestling show had a right to brag last week.

Post #: 82
RE: Impact - 24/2/2010 4:36:02 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

isnt that just so they can stick it to the hall of fame. hogan willing to give the ring away etc. god i hope abyss doesnt come out in yellow for the tag match

Post #: 83
RE: Impact - 24/2/2010 7:16:21 PM   
theoriginalcynic

No, Hogan said he worked for twenty years for that ring and it's the most important thing in the world to him.  TNA is bad and I might stop watching soon.

Post #: 84
RE: Impact - 24/2/2010 7:52:17 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

No, Hogan said he worked for twenty years for that ring and it's the most important thing in the world to him.  TNA is bad and I might stop watching soon.

yep which he then gave so easily to abyss without much thought

Post #: 85
RE: Impact - 24/2/2010 8:55:57 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Exactly, that's why it doesn't make any sense...

Post #: 86
RE: Impact - 25/2/2010 2:11:41 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8114397/Kurt-Angle-Champion/Product.html?P36=KLAUHW

Just thought someone might be interested in this pretty cheap DVD....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 87
RE: Impact - 25/2/2010 5:00:34 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8114397/Kurt-Angle-Champion/Product.html?P36=KLAUHW

Just thought someone might be interested in this pretty cheap DVD....

that is a fecking awesome price!!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 88
RE: Impact - 26/2/2010 4:32:40 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I was considering it...but I just don't have the time to watch it.

Post #: 89
RE: Impact - 28/2/2010 8:01:27 AM   
timomouse

TNA PPVs no longer on BT Vision. Yay.

TNA PPVs now on the Friday night after it on the Extreme Sports Channel (Ch 419).

So still worse off than if it wasn't moved from Bravo in the first place.

On the upside, Impact the past two weeks has been abysmal so it's no loss really.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Impact Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI