Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Wire

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Wire Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Wire - 2/2/2007 11:07:17 AM   
filmburner30

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30
iam still waiting for K street  to get an airing here.

I feel quite guilty reading that - I bought it when it was released and it has been sitting in my too watch pile ever since. I really must get round to it!
I hear it was pretty good but it went over the heads of Us Audiences so it was pulled fairly early on

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 91
RE: The Wire - 4/2/2007 1:33:49 PM   
Zaphod121

I just downloaded Season 3 (what? as much as I love The Wire I am not paying 30 for 12 episodes), so hopefully I'll finish it by the time Season 4 starts on FX
edit - incaase anybody want's to know Seasons 1 & 2 are going for 18 each on sendit, thats pretty cheap for a HBO show

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 4/2/2007 1:37:23 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 92
RE: The Wire - 4/2/2007 7:13:01 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

The Season 3 marathon begins tomorrow! Should be great. I'm watching the last couple of episodes from Season 2 to remind myself what's been happening down Baltimore way. Just a shame that they don't return to the Sobotka storyline, I loved Frank, Nick and Ziggy. Of course, Nick was the only one they'd have been able to use in Season 3, but nevermind.

And I believe the plan is to air Season 5 either at the end of this year or the start of 2008. Filming has either begun or due to begin in the next month or so.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 93
RE: The Wire - 4/2/2007 7:38:12 PM   
Zaphod121

Watched the first 2 ep's of Season 3, it's great as usual, I'd forgotton how hard it is to follow, you really have to be on alert.

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 94
RE: The Wire - 5/2/2007 3:29:17 PM   
Niate

Did anyone else pre-order season 3 from Play? I did and although it was posted on Thursday, it hasnt arrived yet. Grr!
Was really  hoping it would appear on Saturday, but am quite annoyed that it still hasnt made it!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 95
RE: The Wire - 5/2/2007 6:05:09 PM   
Bobby B

Mine came this morning mate. Play are usually quite good - you should get it by tomorrow

(in reply to Niate)
Post #: 96
RE: The Wire - 5/2/2007 6:33:08 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Also ordered mine from Play and it arrived this morning - from past experience they always tend to get things to you on release date.

I've watched the first two episodes, both were great. As with all episodes at the start of the season it was a little slow but that's just because they're setting everything up. Cutty looks like he's going to be an excellent addition with his battle between crime and an honest life. Carcetti is another interesting character and I'm pleased they've brought City Hall into things. Each season they keep expanding the view on the city and focusing on Mayoral politics is a logical step. And Colvin, who is basically a new character even though he had a tiny role in Season 2, is excellent.

The highlight thus far has been the detail thinking they've got Cheese on the wire confessing to a murder when really he'd only put his dog down. Also excellent was Colvin's speech about the 'paper bag' for drugs, Bodie and Poot meeting Herc and Carver at the movies and Stringer treating a meet with his dealers like they were part of a Fortune 500 company.

(in reply to Bobby B)
Post #: 97
RE: The Wire - 5/2/2007 6:47:16 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

Also ordered mine from Play and it arrived this morning - from past experience they always tend to get things to you on release date.

I've watched the first two episodes, both were great. As with all episodes at the start of the season it was a little slow but that's just because they're setting everything up. Cutty looks like he's going to be an excellent addition with his battle between crime and an honest life. Carcetti is another interesting character and I'm pleased they've brought City Hall into things. Each season they keep expanding the view on the city and focusing on Mayoral politics is a logical step. And Colvin, who is basically a new character even though he had a tiny role in Season 2, is excellent.

The highlight thus far has been the detail thinking they've got Cheese on the wire confessing to a murder when really he'd only put his dog down. Also excellent was Colvin's speech about the 'paper bag' for drugs, Bodie and Poot meeting Herc and Carver at the movies and Stringer treating a meet with his dealers like they were part of a Fortune 500 company.

Ha, that flew right over me, I completely missed it, perhaps you could review every episode as you go along incase I miss anything (I usualy do)

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 98
RE: The Wire - 5/2/2007 10:46:15 PM   
elab49

Play isn't UK mainland so it would be pretty unlikely to get it within one working day of posting. Getting it today - as I did - is actually pretty impressive.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 99
RE: The Wire - 9/2/2007 11:02:56 PM   
Bobby B

Just finished season 3. Fucking loved it. Thats my favourite season so far.... won't go into spoiler territory, as i'm sure theres a few of you flying through the DVDs... so many wonderful moments though, the scene with Omar and brother Mouzone was fantastic!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 100
RE: The Wire - 10/2/2007 1:51:23 AM   
TheBunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bobby B

Just finished season 3. Fucking loved it. Thats my favourite season so far.... won't go into spoiler territory, as i'm sure theres a few of you flying through the DVDs... so many wonderful moments though, the scene with Omar and brother Mouzone was fantastic!

Those two are brilliant together. I assume you're talking about the opener of the penultimate episode. I like the way they are so calm about everything because they both understand who they are dealing with. (Sergio Leone springs to mind in that scene and later when Brother says to Avon 'even at the point of dying')

'Guess we're going to go through the front'
'That's a change for you, isn't it?'

I think my favourite new character is Cutty because he's got a fantastic story. Colvin is great too because he really does care and it's sad to see the good he did undone just for the sake of saving political face (at least the Mayor tried though)

I really enjoyed the blink-and miss-it shot of  Rawls at the bar (explains a lot) and  his Apocalypse Now/World War 1 moment. It's amazing to see a TV programme that really makes everyone a complete character, even the minor roles.

I think it's probably my favourite season too.

For favourite scene I've got to go for the rooftop scene with Avon and Stringer in episode 11.

"He is going to put a bullet in my head before I can say hello and then he's going to turn the gun on himself."
"We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself."

"Our situation has not improved"

(in reply to Bobby B)
Post #: 101
RE: The Wire - 10/2/2007 1:43:40 PM   
elab49

Aaaaaaaaaaah!

The Guide today leads with The Wire and refers the them beginning production on the fifth AND FINAL season.

Is that mentioned in any of the other reports we've seen? Quotes from Ed Burns and David Simon are in the article but that comment isn't attributed tothem.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 102
RE: The Wire - 10/2/2007 2:00:12 PM   
Captain Black

I was under the impression that it was going to be the final year. I'll try and find a direct quote, but I'm fairly sure that was from David Simon himself. Back when he was pitching the fourth year to HBO (it was far from a certainty at the time)

I've not watched these yet (the first seemed very slow at loading), but it's David Simon talking about The Wire and America in general.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJNkL12QD68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPZYjRgqTI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z42m_J8t18

Apparently he does emphasise that the fifth year will be its last and it's quite a conclusive end to the story.

I'm sure Simon will move onto something else worthy, probably with HBO.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 103
RE: The Wire - 10/2/2007 2:33:52 PM   
elab49

Darn - I was hoping, if Year 5 is media - that they would get round to religion to top everything off and bring that in to the mix. Obviously covered to an extent with politics, I guess.

quote:

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 104
RE: The Wire - 10/2/2007 10:36:08 PM   
VincentHanna

I'm upto episode 11 of season 3 and can honestly say.....Best. Programme. Ever.

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 105
RE: The Wire - 11/2/2007 12:50:41 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Simon has confirmed many times that Season 5 is the last year. He said that they couldn't think of a strong enough theme to warrant a sixth season - he did consider doing a sixth season on the influx of Central Americans into Baltimore but said it would take several years to research fully as nobody on the staff knows much about that culture. Religion would have made sense but surely that is a theme that's been suggested to Simon - he must have his reasons for not wanting to do it. I'm not sure HBO would grant a sixth season anyway - Simon had to beg for the fourth and fifth season. I've read that they're considering giving the fifth season more episodes to finish the story - perhaps 14 or 15 episodes.

I can't wait to see how he handles the media theme. After all, Simon is a veteran reporter with the Baltimore Sun so he'll have tons of knowledge on the subject.

Here's a great interview with David Simon from Rolling Stone magazine. He has this to say about the media theme in Season 5:

quote:

For the last theme in the show, we want to address the mass media. We're really going to examine the media culture and not in that stupid way where it's just a hungry pack of hounds thrusting microphones, if you've ever been a reporter, you know it's so much more subtle and nuanced than that. Sensationalism is not the problem. Attention Deficit Disorder might be. But everybody picks the low end of journalism as if that's the problem, my fear is that there's no high end anymore. There's not a lot of huge intellects running media organizations and those that are, are preoccupied with shit that doesn't matter. Why is it that it's so hard for everyone to focus on these problems? What are we paying attention to? What gets our focus, and what doesn't? And why?

Anyway, I'm now halfway through Season 3 and just reached my favourite bit thus far - Cutty has just balked at the idea of killing the dealer and is telling Avon that he wants out of the game. Avon lets him go. Then Avon's other soldier turns to him and says, "B, he was a man in his time, you know?". And Avon responds, "He a man today. He a man".

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 11/2/2007 5:30:31 PM >

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 106
RE: The Wire - 12/2/2007 9:43:37 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Ah, another season complete! A bittersweet feeling as I'm now only two seasons away from the end of this brilliant show. Spoilers throughout.

Damn, the last half of the season just flew by. I felt that the first half was a little slow but the second half was relentless. So much to love about it.

Obviously the highlight of the season was the final scene in episode 11. For all of Stringer's desire to be a 'legitimate' businessman, he died a gangster's death. The final rooftop scene he shares with Avon is spectacular. Stringer seems suspicious when Avon asks what time he's meeting the contractor tomorrow, but he goes to the meet anyway. Why? Did he (naively) believe that Avon could never do something like that?

And the parallels between Stringer and Colvin were top notch. One was literally gunned down by two shooters (Omar and Mouzone) while the other was figuratively gunned down by two shooters (Burrell and Rawls). And they were both cut off saying "get on with it motherfuckers". Both were trying to change the drug trade and both failed.

I'm glad that Cutty had a reasonably happy ending. His gym is up and running and he has a few boys to look after. I'd say he was the heart of the season.

It's been said elsewhere that the central theme of the season was reform - reform of the drug trade, reform of the political system. It was also about the reform of Jimmy McNulty. He was an asshole all season, albeit an entertaining one. But he eventually realised how fucked up his life is and is making steps to change things. He looked genuinely happy walking the beat.

And a great touch showing the 'Re-elect Frank Sobotka' poster. I'm hoping that in the final montage of Season 5 we see how Nick Sobotka is doing.

Now for Season 4!

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 12/2/2007 9:44:17 PM >

Post #: 107
RE: The Wire - 13/2/2007 2:20:56 PM   
TheBunk

quote:

Ah, another season complete! A bittersweet feeling as I'm now only two seasons away from the end of this brilliant show. Spoilers throughout.

Damn, the last half of the season just flew by. I felt that the first half was a little slow but the second half was relentless. So much to love about it.

Obviously the highlight of the season was the final scene in episode 11. For all of Stringer's desire to be a 'legitimate' businessman, he died a gangster's death. The final rooftop scene he shares with Avon is spectacular. Stringer seems suspicious when Avon asks what time he's meeting the contractor tomorrow, but he goes to the meet anyway. Why? Did he (naively) believe that Avon could never do something like that?

And the parallels between Stringer and Colvin were top notch. One was literally gunned down by two shooters (Omar and Mouzone) while the other was figuratively gunned down by two shooters (Burrell and Rawls). And they were both cut off saying "get on with it motherfuckers". Both were trying to change the drug trade and both failed.

I'm glad that Cutty had a reasonably happy ending. His gym is up and running and he has a few boys to look after. I'd say he was the heart of the season.

It's been said elsewhere that the central theme of the season was reform - reform of the drug trade, reform of the political system. It was also about the reform of Jimmy McNulty. He was an asshole all season, albeit an entertaining one. But he eventually realised how fucked up his life is and is making steps to change things. He looked genuinely happy walking the beat.

And a great touch showing the 'Re-elect Frank Sobotka' poster. I'm hoping that in the final montage of Season 5 we see how Nick Sobotka is doing.

Now for Season 4!

I always wondered what happened to him, but I guess he just testified to what he knew, and since he didn't know much about The Greek that's the end of his story.

In a way that's one of the unique things about The Wire is that it simply ignores characters who aren't doing anything important. There's almost a whole episode without McNulty in S2 (he shows up at the end) because he isn't central to the plot.

I love the end season montages and I think S3 is the best so far for that. It's funny to see McNulty taking his lead from Santangelo and actually letting go.

I really wish I had Sky.

"He is going to put a bullet in my head before I can say hello and then he's going to turn the gun on himself."

Post #: 108
RE: The Wire - 13/2/2007 3:07:22 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

Season 4, tonight, FX, 10pm.

The last shot of the episode is a belter.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 109
RE: The Wire - 15/2/2007 7:15:54 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheBunk

In a way that's one of the unique things about The Wire is that it simply ignores characters who aren't doing anything important. There's almost a whole episode without McNulty in S2 (he shows up at the end) because he isn't central to the plot.

He's only in about 6 of the 13 episodes of Season 4! I think he was too busy filming 300. Here's hoping he has a bigger role in the final year.

Season 4 is shaping up to be a cracker. Prez really has his work cut out for him! Carver is fast becoming my favourite character, love how he's changing his ways and actually interacting with the people on the streets, rather than just chasing them and beating them up.

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 110
RE: The Wire - 16/2/2007 1:58:13 AM   
TheBunk

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheBunk

He's only in about 6 of the 13 episodes of Season 4! I think he was too busy filming 300. Here's hoping he has a bigger role in the final year.

Season 4 is shaping up to be a cracker. Prez really has his work cut out for him! Carver is fast becoming my favourite character, love how he's changing his ways and actually interacting with the people on the streets, rather than just chasing them and beating them up.

You're right. But he's still on a level pegging with Daniels for the Most Episodes award.

Sounds like Carver is going the way they showed at the end of S3, unfortunately I won't get to S4 until the R1 DVD (hopefully September).

Post #: 111
RE: The Wire - 21/2/2007 11:58:51 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

I thought I could hold out and wait for the DVDs, but it just wasn't happening. So I got my hands on the complete Season 4 and after watching a few episodes each day I'm finished the season. The verdict? Fucking A. Spoilers:

First off, the police. No real major investigation to speak of. The first three seasons had the Barksdales and the Sobotkas/Greeks but this season didn't really need that. Sure there was a small investigation of Marlo's crew but Major Crimes just didn't have the personnel. No McNulty. No Greggs. No Daniels. Most importantly? No Lester Freamon.

I ask you, is there a cooler guy in the world than Lester Freamon? The man is fucking awesome. As Daniels says to him, he is major crimes. By far the best investigator on the force, it's amazing watching the man work. From one nail he's able to discover two dozen dead bodies. Genius.

McNulty was pretty much a non-factor. I think they filmed all his stuff at one time but I'm glad they spread his stuff out throughout the season. It's eerie seeing the man so content. And the real McNulty is back in force now that Bodie is dead. A sober Jimmy McNulty back on Major Crimes means Marlo better watch his ass.

The kids were fantastic. Where do they find such good actors?! Michael's development was akin to the young Corleone in the Godfather. Randy was so vibrant and smart but the system failed him. Dukie was a great kid and the scenes between him and Prez were excellent. The look on Prez's face when he sees Dukie slinging on the corner after he told him he was going to school...tragic. Namond was the last person I expected to have the happy ending.

The three C's were my personal highlight again: Colvin, Cutty and Carver. once again shone. Colvin was so calm in the classroom, he's seen it all before. And poor Cutty, trying to save Michael only to get shot for his troubles. The scene when he was trying to make Michael feel more comfortable around him after he ran from the car was difficult to watch. But hey, he scored with the nurse! Carver continues his ascent that began in Season 3. He did everything for Randy and it still wasn't enough.

What else? Ah, Carcetti. Good stuff, though probably the least compelling strand of the season (actually, Herc's search for the camera wins that one!). I got really pissed off that after being in office for less than a few weeks he was already making decisions based on how they'd affect his upcoming run for governor. Dude, you've got to make a difference in Baltimore before you control all of Maryland!

Bubbles. Poor, poor Bubbles. Fantastic acting but such a tragic ending. Hard to hold it in when he starts sobbing as Waylon enters the hospital room.

Apparently Namond was originally supposed to be the son of Avon Barksdale, but Wood Harris didn't want to return with his character in jail. So they changed it to Wee-Bey. Had to love the smackdown Wee-Bey gave Delonda. What a terrible mother!

And for all the rest I haven't mentioned, three cheers. Omar, great as always. Chris and Snoop, both hilarious and horrifying (seriously, how gruesome was the scene where Chris kills Bug's daddy?). Beadie Russell, great to see you again, and looking rather fine too. Clay Davis, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Bunk, second favourite murder police behind Freamon.

Season 5 predictions:

Burrell will defy the odds and get his full term as police commissioner. Rawls and Daniels are barking at his heels just now, but he'll see them off. The Wire is all about squandered hope and that's why Daniels won't get the top job. He'll get close, but Burrell knows about his dodgy past. And with the media playing a key role next season it seems destined that Daniels history will make headlines, ruining his chance of becoming Commissioner. As for Rawls, you can't have a white Commissioner if the mayor is also white. I wouldn't be surprised if the media discover his big secret just to put the boot in further. As much as I want Daniels as Commissioner, I'm positive it won't happen.

The media aspect has already been introduced in the season finale. With the discovery of the bodies in the vacants, there's going to be several journalists trying to get the real story.

The Major Crimes Unit is returning to its rightful spot as the top dog on the show. And with Freamon essentially running the unit now it's going to be fantastic.

Will the kids return? Michael will, definitely. As a lieutenant in Marlo's crew he's going to be a target for Major Crimes. Dukie is now a dealer for Marlo so he'll be back. The future of Namond and Randy is a little less clear. Namond's storyline seems over now that he's been taken in by Bunny. And Randy is in the group home, but perhaps Carver will have adopted him by the time Season 5 begins...

I don't think the school will be revisited in any great detail, so that means Prez won't play a big role. Then again, the writers are fantastic at keeping characters around when their story seems done without it seeming unrealistic. So let's hope Cutty and Colvin return.

I'm guessing that Major Crimes will get their man but, as always, the vacuum will be filled by someone else. I've read speculation that Michael could become the next 'big boss' of the Baltimore drug trade but I don't see it happening, not yet.

Oh, and apparently David Simon has called The Wire a "66 hour movie" recently. The Season 4 finale marked the 50th episode so we can expect Season 5 to contain 16 episodes. It's going to be epic!

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 22/2/2007 12:00:59 AM >

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 112
RE: The Wire - 22/2/2007 4:32:26 AM   
...marcus...

Just ordered the first season from play, without having seen so much as a trailer for this series, on the whole due to all your sterling reviews. I'm looking forward to having something to curl up on the sofa with and watching with the missus. And only 17.99, none too shabby.

Like my loafers?
Former gophers.
It was that or skin my chauffeurs.

Won't someone please
remove these
cutleries
from ma knees

Post #: 113
RE: The Wire - 22/2/2007 6:39:11 AM   
TheBunk

quote:

I thought I could hold out and wait for the DVDs, but it just wasn't happening. So I got my hands on the complete Season 4 and after watching a few episodes each day I'm finished the season. The verdict? Fucking A. Spoilers:

Oh, and apparently David Simon has called The Wire a "66 hour movie" recently. The Season 4 finale marked the 50th episode so we can expect Season 5 to contain 16 episodes. It's going to be epic!

Please tell me where. I've looked pretty hard for it.

Post #: 114
RE: The Wire - 22/2/2007 9:48:14 AM   
elab49

Season 4 has been available unofficially since last October - to keep the critics sweet the network released the entire season on DVD screener to them and they leaked quite quickly (so most downloaders had seen the entire season before it had been shown!).

BD's summary is great although there is no board long enough to list the quite wonderful moments. Carcetti and Norman's reaction to Rawls, Bunk and Lester searching high, searching low - Bunk's ongoing reaction to domestic McNulty, looking as if everything he knew and could rely on in the world was collapsing round his ears! And who would have guessed after season 3 how central Prez would be season 4?

quote:

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 115
RE: The Wire - 1/3/2007 9:07:30 AM   
Captain Black

quote:

Barefoot Doc:

Just ten episodes apparently, and former Homicide LotS actor Clark Johnson will be joining the cast: Link.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 116
RE: The Wire - 1/3/2007 9:19:36 AM   
elab49

It'll be interesting to see him in front of the camera again - all I've seen him in is directors credits for ages (including, I think, The Wire!)

quote:

Post #: 117
RE: The Wire - 1/3/2007 10:25:45 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

Only ten episodes? Disappointing. I would have thought they would have needed more to fit everything but I've learned not to doubt these writers!

Oh, and I can't wait for this - the latest project from David Simon and Ed Burns. It's about the war in Iraq and how 'elite members of the Marine Corps confront the military bureaucracy in the midst of a war.' It's going to be on HBO as a 7 hour miniseries and films in Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa this summer. Simon and Burns are exec producers and are co-writing it.

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 1/3/2007 10:36:56 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 118
RE: The Wire - 1/3/2007 10:16:42 PM   
SalemsLot

Recently finished season 3 after buying Season 1 only 3 months ago after hearing excellent things. Best show on TV?

As yer man would say

Indeed

Post #: 119
RE: The Wire - 2/3/2007 12:51:47 AM   
mfj fratelli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

quote:

Barefoot Doc:

Just ten episodes apparently, and former Homicide LotS actor Clark Johnson will be joining the cast: Link.

Only 10 episodes?  

The news of Clark Johnson does soften the blow, somewhat.

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Wire Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI