Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Intermissions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Intermissions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Intermissions - 23/2/2013 1:06:41 PM   
elab49

I think you'd be talking around the 3.5-4 hour mark where I think it might be an idea. But then, I don't drink in the cinema so maybe it's less of an issue for me!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 61
RE: Intermissions - 23/2/2013 10:57:53 PM   
Spiked

Once Upon A Time in America had one... and it wasn't where the DVD split, oddly..

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 62
RE: Intermissions - 24/2/2013 7:05:43 AM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: PerfectlyFlawed

I think all cinemas should have ad breaks just like ITV. 4 ad breaks per movie would be sufficent.

You're kidding, right? Seriously, there's about half-an-hour of adverts before the film! The day they start interrupting films for adverts is the day I develop Hulk-like strength, tear my seat from the floor and hurl it through the screen whilst shrieking every profanity known to man. Well, in my localised English anyway.

I agree with those saying just go to the loo before the film and ease off the buckets of caffeinated drinks. If you down enough fizzy juice during a film that you have to go pee, on your own imminently-toothless head be it. Oh, and sit at the end of the row so that you're not stomping on my handbag and obscuring my view during your numerous bog breaks. If you don't, don't expect me to make extravagant efforts to get out of your way every shitting time!

I feel better now.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to PerfectlyFlawed)
Post #: 63
RE: Intermissions - 24/2/2013 7:29:54 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Is it just me or are the big tentpole films getting longer these days? Cinema seats are pretty uncomfortable at the best of times these days, and I have to admit there were times during Les Miserables, Django Unchained & The Hobbit (especially The Hobbit...), where I would have welcomed a short break without having to miss part of the film.

Les Miserables was, in my opinion, in need of an intermission. Obviously the musical has an interval, and the fact it was missing was really noticeable to the structure of the film and the music. An intermission after One Day More, as it is on stage, would have been absolutely fine.

I really wanted to jump up and cheer after that song so, yes, I'd have been happy with an intermission as well

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 64
RE: Intermissions - 3/3/2013 6:17:21 PM   
Lisamoviegeek

I would like separate screenings with intermissions for pregnant women ;) Yesterday I had to get up like 4 times to pee...

< Message edited by Lisamoviegeek -- 3/3/2013 6:18:00 PM >

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 65
RE: Intermissions - 5/3/2013 3:06:50 PM   
IsotopeBill

Yeah I've been to Iceland a few times and they have breaks halfway through. It's quite off-putting, like everyone says it just disrupts the flow and feels like it's an attempt to up snack sales. Boo.

(in reply to Lisamoviegeek)
Post #: 66
RE: Intermissions - 12/3/2013 1:25:39 PM   
Moorish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lisamoviegeek

I would like separate screenings with intermissions for pregnant women ;) Yesterday I had to get up like 4 times to pee...

Just go in your seat. It's dark in a cinema, and it was freezing yesterday so you'd get a double advantage.

(in reply to Lisamoviegeek)
Post #: 67
RE: Intermissions - 22/3/2013 11:05:34 PM   
TheMovieBlogger

I've not seen a movie where there's been an intermission since I was a kid.

I have however put my bladder through an hour of pain from not wanting to disturb others watching a film and not wanting to miss any crucial bits. It all ended cleanly though so there's no need to worry.

It might just have sounded like there was a horse in the toilets afterwards!

Hi, I'm Josh!

Check out my website & reviews - http://themovieblogger.com/

I've only just started but some feedback would be great!

(in reply to morg1138)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Intermissions Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI