Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Your short stories ??

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Your short stories ?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your short stories ?? - 23/7/2008 8:18:10 PM   
Ivan Galliver

Is there room in this section for people to post very short stories for others to comment on or has it been tried before ??

Which came first, the xenomorph or the egg ??
Post #: 1
RE: Your short stories ?? - 24/7/2008 9:44:33 PM   
Funkyrae

There's been a few things like that Ivan.  I set one up ages ago, followed closely by Mad Looney.  Then along came Kilo with his title challenge, once again followed by Looney.

They crop up from time to time but they tend not to last.  Writers are notoriously scared of critique.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Ivan Galliver)
Post #: 2
RE: Your short stories ?? - 25/7/2008 2:53:45 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

just for that Funky, ill post mine when i finish writing it.

Ive stopped for a while because ive been focusing on practicing the piano... but i have a three week lesson break and ill get cracking on.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 3
RE: Your short stories ?? - 25/7/2008 11:16:03 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I remember the first time I ever watched a sheep die. It was struggling on it's legs and moaning softly to itself. I wonder what it was thinking as it made it's final stumble and landed on the grass, leaking blood from it's mouth. Was it thinking about all the warm days chewing on grass, all the blue sky it had seen. The scent of other sheep, the times of brief play as they jumped at each other. The adrenaline of flight as large things approached. Maybe it had great potential, as sheep go. Maybe it never made the most of it's opportunities. It had the skill to be the dark queen of the sheep, but was too lazy to stop grazing. It seemed to shudder a bit and I approached it. It looked at me, or at least I thought it did. It's life was fading as I stamped on it's head. I wanted to see what was in there that was making it work.

No, I still hadn't stopped the feeling. The sheep hadn't lost enough to sate my hunger. I needed something with more to lose something deeper, more substantial and richer.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 4
RE: Your short stories ?? - 25/7/2008 2:51:12 PM   
mad_looney

Keeping a tab on my posts are we Funky? I didnt think you cared 
I have note books filled with short storys that are literally only a few pages long. so when they are posted (like the last one) It only seemed a few lines. And thus looked crap.
BTW I dont start new threads because someone else has done it, I genuinly didnt see the first one and decided to start a new one after asking to put some new titles in Kilo's thread. It looks like im jumping on a band wagon that isnt there.

Head of Military and Defence for the Peoples Republic of Empiria

http://www.myspace.com/fudzistan

Have your eyes ever been checked?
No Doctor, they've always been blue

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5
RE: Your short stories ?? - 27/7/2008 4:56:29 PM   
Funkyrae

hehehe, yep, I've just outed myself as your stalker.  Congratulations!

To be honest Looney, it's just that I have one of those memories that means I remember things like that.  I'm the original elephant child.  Just with less grey skin and smaller ears and nose.

That's me that is!

(in reply to mad_looney)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Your short stories ?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI