Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

McG Talks Terminator Salvation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> McG Talks Terminator Salvation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
McG Talks Terminator Salvation - 22/7/2008 10:20:39 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Don't care...... - 22/7/2008 10:20:39 AM   
damn im good!

Guys still a plank. It'll take a heluva lot to forgive him for the living abortions which were the Charlies Angels movies.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Judgement day - 22/7/2008 10:44:03 AM   
take1

I'm beginning to look at this in a whole new way. If , and only if McG creates that moody feel to this film then it could be his salvation. i have only seen parts of the Charlies Angels films and that is a good thing, feel sorry for all that wasted those few hours of life that cannot be returned watching that shit. But i thibk all he has to do is make a film better than T3 , not a hard task and even that had Arnie in it and they still made a mess. Good luck McG, hope you pull it off.

Post #: 3
No matter how good this is.. - 22/7/2008 10:53:42 AM   
crimebusterofthesea

..I'll never be able to understand how McG got to direct it.It boggles the mind.Still, he seems to have done everything right so far.As for his past..don't forget how Francis Ford Coppola started out...

Post #: 4
Fan favourite? - 22/7/2008 11:31:13 AM   
carmbler

If Gary Glitter produces an Ivor Novello winning album, I won't be listening to it.
If you give Terminator 4 a five star review, I might get it from bit torrent..... but probably not.

Post #: 5
Next one to Blomkamp!!! - 22/7/2008 12:04:42 PM   
pete_traynor

Neill Blomkamp should have been given this after he was criminally shafted out of his Halo adaptation. His shorts have been fantastic and his tone would have been PERFECT for a credible Terminator movie. District 9 will put him on the map and maybe they’ll offer him the next one when McG makes a pigs arse out of this. Heres hoping...

Post #: 6
touch harsh?! - 22/7/2008 12:12:00 PM   
waltham1979

think comparing MCG to a paeodophile is a touch harsh carmbler but I see your point !! although MCG talks a good talk, he is saying all the right things and the teaser looks good ... getting excited a little !!

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 22/7/2008 12:14:45 PM >

Post #: 7
- 22/7/2008 12:57:20 PM   
jascott

i heard he is rumoured to be makin an american version of spaced without contribution from simon pegg et al. so i hope this movie is bad enough that he will not be allow to do that. i have no love for the terminator franchise anymore.

Post #: 8
RE: McG Talks Terminator Salvation - 22/7/2008 2:19:40 PM   
Kazuya

Remind me again, this will a PG-13 Terminator film right?

"Bleed, bastard."

Post #: 9
- 22/7/2008 3:04:26 PM   
clarkkent

MCG IS RAPING MY CHILDHOOD, HE RUINED CHARLIES ANGELS, HE'S GOING TO REMAKE SPACED WITHOUT ANY OF THE ORIGINAL CREATORS.

jesus listen to you idiots. First off no matter how good/bad this film is it won't take away the fact that T1 and T2 were awesome. Charlie's angels were shit to begin with, the tv show was camp, silly, family entertainment, so what did McG do? made a camp, silly, family entertainment film. What the hell did you idiots expect? And lastly, well the spaced thing was months ago and it failed miserably.

Seriously, remove your heads from out of your arses, take off the rose tinted sunglasses an get a bloody life.

Post #: 10
Rumour Control!!!! - 22/7/2008 4:17:19 PM   
richm_drevil

Kazuya: Apparantly McG is on record as saying it will be a R rated flick.

jascott: That idea has (thankfully) been shot down by the studio after they clapped eyes on the US pilot. Hopefully it will never see the light of day ever again.

Post #: 11
Calm down - 22/7/2008 4:40:36 PM   
boriordan

Look fanboys freaked out when Ledger got the role of Joker, why does anyone care if some retard will never watch this because of McG. Anyone with half a brain will wait until it its finished to see if its any good.

Post #: 12
I give it the benefit of the doubt - 22/7/2008 6:11:39 PM   
moviemaniac-7

But a director that names himself like a teenage rapper? Come on. And be honest, someone with the first two Charlie's Angels on his resume doesn't become a fan favourite overnight. Let's see how this plays out. Although it would a surprising touch if he makes John's Angels and the three 'angels' are the T800, T1000 and the TX.

Post #: 13
- 22/7/2008 6:28:25 PM   
keyzersaulsie

"A Prometheus tale really, how creating life creates real responsibility - and if left unchecked, can be our undoing." Uhm. Am I alone in thinking the first two films already did this brilliantly?

Post #: 14
christ... - 22/7/2008 7:22:53 PM   
magnusbarfod

both sides of this argument are pissing me off a little...

someone below says McG's 'raping their childhood' and uses the 'he ruined charlies angels' angle...some perspective, please. hes not raping anything or anyone in any way, least of all your childhood, clarkkent, as you weren't even born when the first film came out according to your profile. and how you can "ruin" charlies angels" i have no fucking idea. theres nothing to ruin...

And as for others saying "leave him alone, wait till the film comes out, judge him then..." well...no. that doesn't work either. this is a man with a proven track record of making mostly awful films. The Heath Ledger comparison raised by boriordan is equally as fatuous as clarkkents hyperbole...Ledger, at the time of casting in TDK had just turned in the strongest two performances of his career and was seen by most as a maturing talent about to step up to the next level (which it woulsdappear that he did with TDK) not really the same as giving a much loved franchise to a hack...

so...i dont know what im saying really, just lets all shut up. the film will probably suck, but so what? just watch the first two again and forget about it. and if the signs such as bale joining the cast are indeed good...well, great. everyones a winner.

but lets not lose perspective, people, on either side

Post #: 15
RE: I give it the benefit of the doubt - 22/7/2008 7:34:41 PM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: moviemaniac-7

But a director that names himself like a teenage rapper? Come on. And be honest, someone with the first two Charlie's Angels on his resume doesn't become a fan favourite overnight. Let's see how this plays out. Although it would a surprising touch if he makes John's Angels and the three 'angels' are the T800, T1000 and the TX.

His full name is Joseph McGinty Nichol and he has been known as McG since he was a kid. Its not a rap moniker.  I will wait and watch the movie when it comes out and then make up my mind.  By what I've seen so far though it looks good.

(in reply to moviemaniac-7)
Post #: 16
RE: Fan favourite? - 22/7/2008 7:37:23 PM   
kinge247

quote:

ORIGINAL: carmbler

If Gary Glitter produces an Ivor Novello winning album, I won't be listening to it.
If you give Terminator 4 a five star review, I might get it from bit torrent..... but probably not.

WANKER!  I fucking hate movie pirates.  You are a dick!!!!!!!!!!!  I saw you in the street last week and you look like a cross between me and your Mother.

(in reply to carmbler)
Post #: 17
RE: Fan favourite? - 22/7/2008 7:51:17 PM   
Rgirvan44

What exactly did people want from a Charlie Angels movie? A dark and gritty R-rated movie? Those films couldn't have had any other sort of tone than the one we saw.

Imagine if message boards existed in the 1980s -

"What!!! The director of Pirahna 2 is directing a sequel to Alien!!!! This will suck bad!!!"  

The only thing that was a little off putting about the trailer was how bright it all was but if that purple laser fire returns I will be happy.

< Message edited by Rgirvan44 -- 22/7/2008 7:52:46 PM >

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to kinge247)
Post #: 18
RE: Fan favourite? - 23/7/2008 8:55:28 AM   
carmbler

"WANKER! I fucking hate movie pirates. You are a dick!!!!!!!!!!! I saw you in the street last week and you look like a cross between me and your Mother."

I saw your Dad in a gay bar the other day, so i took him back to my house and gave him aids. He said thanks and that he'll give it to you later.

You fucking retard. The only reason I mentioned bit-torrent is because that's the level of interest any McG project deserves.
P.S. Hope you die soon.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 19
RE: Fan favourite? - 23/7/2008 9:23:59 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: carmbler

"WANKER! I fucking hate movie pirates. You are a dick!!!!!!!!!!! I saw you in the street last week and you look like a cross between me and your Mother."

I saw your Dad in a gay bar the other day, so i took him back to my house and gave him aids. He said thanks and that he'll give it to you later.

You fucking retard. The only reason I mentioned bit-torrent is because that's the level of interest any McG project deserves.
P.S. Hope you die soon.

CMON guys - are we on the imdb forum ?? - calm down !!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to carmbler)
Post #: 20
RE: Fan favourite? - 23/7/2008 10:01:55 AM   
carmbler

Ok, I'm only allowed so long in the I.T. room during association and I sometimes let off too much steam. Beats table tennis though.

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 21
RE: McG Talks Terminator Salvation - 23/7/2008 10:15:38 AM   
Noelg25

I seriously hope this wont be a PG-13 (or 12A in the UK). It should be at least a 15. Judging by the pics and trailer I think it will be 15. But I would prefer it to be a 18. I know everyone is not happy about McG directing, but seriously guys looking at the pics and the teaser, it's possible he has nailed this down. I am still reserving judgement til the proper trailer is out. But I have to say, I am looking forward to this movie. Hopefully it will re-ignite the Terminator franchise and although it won't beat T2, I hope it will have it's place up there for people to say 'Yeah it was a damn good movie.' We should count ourselves lucky that Uwe Boll is not directing...now that would be sacrilege!!

Talking of Mr Boll, I just been on imdb and looked at his profile...and all I can say is...OH MY GOD!! What is he doing? Bloodrayne 3 and Alone In The Dark II? And who gave him rights to become producer of Far Cry? For the two former films he is also producer. I dont even want to know who are the directors of all 3 films. Anyone else thinking the same thing?

Man Of Steel will rock!

2013 is Superman's year!

Metropolis, IL here I come for Superman Celebration!!

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 22
RE: McG Talks Terminator Salvation - 23/7/2008 12:23:29 PM   
CORLEONE

Give McG a chance for fucks sake. Almost every director does crap movies (Charlie's Angels) until they get their big break. This could be McG's. I wish he'd use his real name though, it invites negativity.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Noelg25)
Post #: 23
RE: McG Talks Terminator Salvation - 23/7/2008 12:43:08 PM   
Noelg25

You don't want him to use his real name if you what it is...i feel sorry for him for having such a name. McG sounds a lot better.

Man Of Steel will rock!

2013 is Superman's year!

Metropolis, IL here I come for Superman Celebration!!

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> McG Talks Terminator Salvation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI