Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Twilight Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Twilight Trailer Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Twilight Trailer Online - 18/7/2008 9:17:58 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Pants - 18/7/2008 9:17:58 AM   
jotaylor

This looks absolutely rubbish. Like Untamed Heart or some nonsense for emos. Bleurgh.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 18/7/2008 10:13:58 AM   
Eomer_King

Where the hell's the link?

Post #: 3
- 18/7/2008 10:34:41 AM   
drunkmunky33

well it sounds like it'll suck (ha couldnt resist!) buit even so, a link to actually see the trailer would be great. cheers guys.

Post #: 4
Pattinson looks hot anyway - 18/7/2008 10:42:54 AM   
devoted

Pattinson looks and sounds good. The actress is awful. She has such a monotone voice.

Post #: 5
Link... - 18/7/2008 10:58:51 AM   
jpt1976

...'Empire' does it again. You talk about a trailer and completely fail to let us all have a look. Too busy trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill on the 'Watchmen' trailer?

Post #: 6
- 18/7/2008 11:11:34 AM   
Big_Pants

Love the books and love the look of the film. Just nip on over to Yahoo movies to take a look, it doesn't require that much effort.

Post #: 7
- 18/7/2008 11:17:55 AM   
Joshi

The link is http://video.yahoo.com/watch/3119388/8858452

Technically it was there (under the title, the tiny writing where it says 'source:yahoo') it just wasn't in the body of the text.

Post #: 8
- 18/7/2008 11:29:14 AM   
Glass3005

Oh my God, it looks incredible! That bit with... and with... and Rorschach!

Oh, wrong board. Twilight just looks pants.

Post #: 9
It Looks Amazing! - 18/7/2008 2:11:58 PM   
blearyeyedmesgirl

I can't wait to see the whole thing!
Robert Pattinson nailed the character of Edward. And he put so much into the character work...He's becoming one of the best actor's of his generation. You won't want to miss him in this.
They've all really tried to make more than just a 'vampire teen romance' and they did a great job.

Post #: 10
I like Vampires but... - 18/7/2008 2:58:45 PM   
warrenpeace

this looks pretty bad... it looks like its gonna be really girly and whiny.. think ill give it a miss.
On another note, i saw the lost boys 2: the tribe, the other night... wasn't as bad as i'd expected. Nowhere near as good as the first lost boys but it does have both Coreys in it!

Post #: 11
Hmmm? - 18/7/2008 5:33:59 PM   
twilightfan

So many negative comments. Obviously no-one here has read the books or you'd know how much hype is surrounding this movie. It's a romance not a horror. If you want blood and gore look elsewhere. It has a bit of action but that's not the point. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, boy just happend to be a 107 year old vampire! Anyway, Robert Pattinson is totally Edward Cullen and that's worth a billion woman all over the globe watching it!!

Post #: 12
RE: Hmmm? - 18/7/2008 8:52:55 PM   
Gabriel

Never read the books and they could be good (I think my niece might have one of them) but based on this trailer the movie looks pretty bad. Fans of the books be more concerned with the movie being good rather than just getting excited about seeing any old adaptation on the big screen. 

(in reply to twilightfan)
Post #: 13
RE: Hmmm? - 18/7/2008 10:34:12 PM   
twilightfan

I think it's far too early to judge this movie as bad. It's follows the books pretty well and for hardcore fans that is enough. It's not just any old adaptation for the big screen either. Catherine Hardwicke was pretty adamant that Stephenie Meyers books be followed for the script. In fact the original script, before she came on board, turned this into your average teen flick resembling the likes of 'Bring it On'. CH has made it far darker. Perhaps the proof will be at the box office where I'm sure it will do well despite the comments on here!

(in reply to Gabriel)
Post #: 14
RE: Hmmm? - 18/7/2008 10:38:33 PM   
twilightfan

Well the prrof of the pudding as they say...Personally this movie so far follows the books and thankfully isn't looking like the rubbish that is usually churned out for the target market...(Bring it on, American Pie all garbage IMO).

(in reply to Gabriel)
Post #: 15
Fan of the books...movie will be awesome! - 19/7/2008 1:36:11 AM   
blearyeyedmesgirl

I felt like I needed to repeat myself, as a fan of the book and the character and as someone who has absorbed everything possible regarding the movie...
I can't wait to see the entire thing! These teasers, while exciting and great, are not a good judge of the film as a whole.
Robert Pattinson nailed the character of Edward. And he put so much into the character work...He's becoming one of the best actor's of his generation. You won't want to miss him in this.
They've all really tried to make more than just a 'vampire teen romance' and they did a fantastic job.

Post #: 16
Judgement Pending - 19/7/2008 2:14:50 AM   
Juno14

You have just compared this film with the eternal love story of Buffy/Angel/Spike.

This, had better be worth it.

That is all.

P.S. Upon viewing, it seems to me that that comparison is flawed for many reasons other than the obvious. Mainly because for the duration of the triangle, when Spike was hunting Buffy Angel was helping, not hindering. Small sidenote.

Post #: 17
RE: Judgement Pending - 19/7/2008 1:01:24 PM   
clare_star_

I've read the books and enjoyed the first one, I think RP has a good shot at getting Edward right but from that trailer I'm not blown away by the actress playing Bella.

I'm really hoping they make her a little bit stronger and less swooney in the film version, its a really good chance for them to wipe clean some of the clunkier dialogue and maybe even get rid of a few fainting scenes!

''Twitter''

(in reply to Juno14)
Post #: 18
Holy Mary Mother... - 20/7/2008 5:35:20 PM   
DannyxHuttonxHitter

I'm speachless.

Please let the movie be half as good as the books. If there that much then they'll be legends. My only dread is that the innorcence of the story will be lost in the deirse to get a male audience.

But either way, wooooooop!

= )

Post #: 19
RE: Holy Mary Mother... - 21/7/2008 12:42:38 AM   
DouglasG

Im starting to have a few doubts about this movie. Which is annoying because I've been so excited for it. However I'll see it and end up liking it anyway! (:

Besides, Kristen Stewart.

D.

Journalism Student and Film Festival Programmer

(in reply to DannyxHuttonxHitter)
Post #: 20
Its a teaser, Catherine is teasing... - 21/7/2008 10:25:03 AM   
Liyana

hurm... What I think is that Catherine Hardwicke is totally teasing us with this. I mean there might be some takes inside this trailer that will not be used in the movie. Look at the first trailer, they used different takes for the scene in Edward's bedroom, better ones which was in the Penelope DVD. IDK I think this is definitely a teaser to make us more anxious not in the good way but then when the movie came it sorta gave you a BANG! I;m watching the movie anyways. People might say its cheesy but there are more cheesable movies out there. *ahemHSMahem*

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Twilight Trailer Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI