Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Anyone into metal here?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Anyone into metal here? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 25/4/2012 1:48:59 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

God, that brings back the memories! I think too had an Alba one. I would still totally rock a walkman these days, given half the chance! I find them endlessly cool.

Given half the chance? Check this shiznit right here. I'm making one ......................................

Woah!

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 181
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 25/4/2012 4:00:02 PM   
st3veebee

My joined favoutire song from my favourite band is a somewhat metaliic song:

Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden of course. An all out assault on the senses, perfection.

Does that count?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 182
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 25/4/2012 4:07:22 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden of course. An all out assault on the senses, perfection.

Does that count?

Its basically a thrash song so yes.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 183
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 25/4/2012 7:41:19 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

Those are the shizz!

quote:

Woah!

I know. I'm looking at Walkmans on ebay right now so I can knock one of these bad boys up. Something nice and early looking. This is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever stumbled upon on the internet.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 184
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 26/4/2012 12:13:32 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Does that count?

What's your other one? A toss up between Mailman and Limo Wreck for me, both of which, incidentally, are metal as fuck.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 185
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 26/4/2012 2:00:46 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

Those are the shizz!

quote:

Woah!

I know. I'm looking at Walkmans on ebay right now so I can knock one of these bad boys up. Something nice and early looking. This is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever stumbled upon on the internet.

Excellent Lucky and I'm a tad tempted to look them up myself! I went through a phase of trying to nab an 80's Swatch Watch - the proper old school ones! I would properly be embarrassed if I knew how much time I actually spent, scanning sites like Ebay and Amazon etc. Not forgetting little private ones that have the most unique looking Swatches I have ever seen. You can't put a price on something that conjures up such nostalgic joy!

EDT: I didn't get one in the end however. Too much dang choice!

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 26/4/2012 2:01:46 AM >

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 186
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 26/4/2012 9:22:44 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

Excellent Lucky and I'm a tad tempted to look them up myself! I went through a phase of trying to nab an 80's Swatch Watch - the proper old school ones! I would properly be embarrassed if I knew how much time I actually spent, scanning sites like Ebay and Amazon etc. Not forgetting little private ones that have the most unique looking Swatches I have ever seen. You can't put a price on something that conjures up such nostalgic joy!

I'm doing this right now! Hours of my life I won't get back

The frontrunner looks like this ....

I'm now considering headphones. Not sure what road to go down with them tho? I can't remember what we had back in the day, I think it was ear buds, only old style big ones that made your ears ache and fell out alot.

Swatch watches are uber-cool. You should have just bought loads of them, I'm sure it was once cool to wear like five at a time. Right up your arm? (I may have just dreamt this).

Post #: 187
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 1:14:06 AM   
Spaldron

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/roadrunner-records-closes-international-offices

Looks like Roadrunner's days as the worlds premier metal label are coming to an end, they should never have sold out to Warners.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 188
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 2:52:03 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

I'm doing this right now! Hours of my life I won't get back

The frontrunner looks like this ....

I'm now considering headphones. Not sure what road to go down with them tho? I can't remember what we had back in the day, I think it was ear buds, only old style big ones that made your ears ache and fell out alot.

Swatch watches are uber-cool. You should have just bought loads of them, I'm sure it was once cool to wear like five at a time. Right up your arm? (I may have just dreamt this).

I thought it was the proper big, over the ear headphones? Or at least that's what I had. I think I'd try and grab the most 80ish looking ones I could find if I were to get a walkman again. I still like my big headphones, it must be a comfort thing!

On the Swatch watches, yeah you're right - wearing a gazillion up your arm was the fashion back then. And also (bizarrely enough) tying your hair back with them too. Mental eh! They varied in price and some weren't in the best of condition either but they had some good ones reasonable enough. Here's a site I was lusting over; Clicky!

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 189
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 9:04:54 AM   
Arron_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

http://www.metalinjection.net/its-just-business/roadrunner-records-closes-international-offices

Looks like Roadrunner's days as the worlds premier metal label are coming to an end, they should never have sold out to Warners.

Roadrunner went downhill after 36 Crazyfists, Killswitch Engage and Five Pointe 0 released their albums and toured.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 190
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 3:18:12 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arron_

quote:

Roadrunner went downhill after 36 Crazyfists, Killswitch Engage and Five Pointe 0 released their albums and toured.

I like Killswitch Engage, the rest not so much. But yes when they signed Nickelback their days were numbered.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 191
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 8:54:12 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

Roadrunner records quite literally shaped my entire youth. If I think back to all the bands that I loved 80% of them were on Roadrunner. Them and Earache hoovered up most of my wages. Sad times. Still, to quote David Brent, ''Nothing ever changes by staying the same, quite literally''.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 192
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 9:01:43 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

I thought it was the proper big, over the ear headphones? Or at least that's what I had. I think I'd try and grab the most 80ish looking ones I could find if I were to get a walkman again. I still like my big headphones, it must be a comfort thing!

On the Swatch watches, yeah you're right - wearing a gazillion up your arm was the fashion back then. And also (bizarrely enough) tying your hair back with them too. Mental eh! They varied in price and some weren't in the best of condition either but they had some good ones reasonable enough. Here's a site I was lusting over; Clicky!

I don't remember anyone tying there hair back with them. You would think I would have noticed something as cool as that! You should bring that shit back tho, just takes someone to start it and everyone else will follow. That website is proper smart, turns out Swatches aren't cheap !

< Message edited by Lucky Day -- 27/4/2012 9:03:00 PM >

Post #: 193
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 10:46:34 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Roadrunner records quite literally shaped my entire youth. If I think back to all the bands that I loved 80% of them were on Roadrunner. Them and Earache hoovered up most of my wages. Sad times. Still, to quote David Brent, ''Nothing ever changes by staying the same, quite literally''.

Was rifling through some old cassettes the other day and came across Hate Songs In E-Minor by Fudge Tunnel. Christ, I'd forgotten how riff-tastic they were. Godflesh were just a wee bit face-meltingly heavy too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 194
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 10:54:01 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Was rifling through some old cassettes the other day and came across Hate Songs In E-Minor by Fudge Tunnel. Christ, I'd forgotten how riff-tastic they were. Godflesh were just a wee bit face-meltingly heavy too.

Fuck yeah! That is an album. Good shout. If you like that did you ever get into this ? ...... one of Roadrunners finest.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 195
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 10:55:45 PM   
horribleives

Aye, Alex Newport and Max Cavelera - awesome record. Was never a big fan of Sepultura but I loved that album.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 196
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 11:00:16 PM   
Lucky Day

Sepultura had some decent moments Arise & Chaos AD are pretty outstanding. Soulfly tho? What a load of shite.

Post #: 197
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 11:05:30 PM   
horribleives

Woh, one minute I'm talking about Fudge Tunnel the next I turn on The Shining on ITV4 and the first thing I hear is Jack Nicholson saying 'Hi Lloyd. A little slow tonight, isn't it?', the exact same line sampled in Best Friend's Wife by, yes, Fudge Tunnel.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 198
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 27/4/2012 11:09:00 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

Woh, one minute I'm talking about Fudge Tunnel the next I turn on The Shining on ITV4 and the first thing I hear is Jack Nicholson saying 'Hi Lloyd. A little slow tonight, isn't it?', the exact same line sampled in Best Friend's Wife by, yes, Fudge Tunnel.

Mental ! I find the Shining unsettling enough without adding scary psychic stuff into the mix. Do your powers extend to lottery predictions?

Post #: 199
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 28/4/2012 2:13:45 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fuck yeah! That is an album. Good shout. If you like that did you ever get into this ? ...... one of Roadrunners finest.

Nailbomb were the biz, I'm sure Dave Grohl was supposed to drum for them during a festival tour in the mid 90's but had to pull out. As for Sepultura not only were they amazing from Beneath The Remains right through to Roots, they were one of the first major bands on Roadrunner. They helped build that label along with bands like Biohazard back when RR was true to its independent metal origins and not selling out for the big $$$

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 200
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 28/4/2012 1:48:11 PM   
emogeek

Spooky. Was sorting some of my CDs before and came across Point Blank. Realised I've not listened to it in ages so I added it to today's playlist.

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 201
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 31/5/2012 2:30:18 PM   
jonson

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 202
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 31/5/2012 3:36:07 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I've used this more than once.

http://b10m.swal.org/cgi-bin/bandname.cgi

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 203
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 31/5/2012 3:42:25 PM   
Arron_

Electric Wizard also confirmed for Damnation Festival this year. It's still all about Pig Destroyer.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 204
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 1/6/2012 1:25:34 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

I'm "Black Tendencies"... rock!

Art

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 205
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 29/6/2012 3:19:13 PM   
Spaldron

Randy Blythe arrested for manslaughter.

http://www.nme.com/news/lamb-of-god/64609

Post #: 206
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 29/6/2012 3:21:14 PM   
Arron_

I read about that this morning. Apparently someone who was at the gig had written a blog about it and done a review, where they mention what had happened.

Whatever happens, Lamb of God should either stop entirely, or play something other than mid-paced, redneck wank.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 207
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 2/7/2012 2:55:18 PM   
DancingClown

Have you guys seen the Youtube footage of Randy Blythe fighting his band-mates on their tour-bus? In a kilt? Fucking tool.

In fact I remember first seeing that and then spending hours watching footage of musicians/singers having brawls on-stage. The film of Kurt Cobain getting lamped by a security guard and Grohl leaping over his drum-kit super-hero style is awesome, and really rather funny.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 2/7/2012 2:59:57 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 208
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 7/9/2012 11:50:20 AM   
DancingClown

Been enjoying this list:

http://loudwire.com/behemoth-at-the-left-hand-ov-god-top-21st-century-metal-songs/

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 209
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 20/9/2012 8:41:35 PM   
Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Been enjoying this list:

http://loudwire.com/behemoth-at-the-left-hand-ov-god-top-21st-century-metal-songs/

There's some great stuff on this! Probably a bit wet for some of you, but I love that Poison the Well track - Apathy is a Cold Body. That album is amazing, in fact. I'm just a sucker for quiet/loud!

And Isis on the list too

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Anyone into metal here? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI